Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,213 members, 7,873,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:51 PM

Post Abuja Jobs Here - Jobs/Vacancies (654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Post Abuja Jobs Here (2075776 Views)

Follow This Thread For Abuja Jobs / Abuja Jobs: Join Our Web/design Team / Abuja Jobs 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (898) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Engrpp1special: 9:47am On Aug 23, 2018
Where are all the jobs in Abuja? Please somebody should help me, I need a job, I have a B.Eng in petroleum engineering, I can fit in to any field, I am a fast learner, please help, before frustration kill man pikin.

1 Like

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by theceo1602: 10:31am On Aug 23, 2018
Engrpp1special:
Where are all the jobs in Abuja? Please somebody should help me, I need a job, I have a B.Eng in petroleum engineering, I can fit in to any field, I am a fast learner, please help, before frustration kill man pikin.

The frustration thing ehen...,the thing no easy at all. Some of the job advert here does not fit in line at times with their numerous demands as if person learn everything finish from womb. This frustration thing made me took a step last week, I went to apply for a security job cos am tired of staying at home(will be 2 years in October) after going through my CV the man said no vacancy for now. The frustration got me to the point of going to apply for a security job with my B.Engr cert, assuming I got the job I will be very happy cos I was told I will need to provide 3 guarantors and I have already planned on how I will get them. Only GOD will help us.

1 Like

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Naturelle05: 10:46am On Aug 23, 2018
Why not do taxify or uber there are some organization that can give you a car to use ,you can save up and go into fish farming, security guards work is not easy.

Best of Luck
theceo1602:

The frustration thing ehen...,the thing no easy at all. Some of the job advert here does not fit in line at times with their numerous demands as if person learn everything finish from womb. This frustration thing made me took a step last week, I went to apply for a security job cos am tired of staying at home(will be 2 years in October) after going through my CV the man said no vacancy for now. The frustration got me to the point of going to apply for a security job with my B.Engr cert, assuming I got the job I will be very happy cos I was told I will need to provide 3 guarantors and I have already planned on how I will get them. Only GOD will help us.

3 Likes

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Engrpp1special: 11:17am On Aug 23, 2018
theceo1602:

My dear surely God will help. Nothing is permanent.

1 Like

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by theceo1602: 12:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
Naturelle05:
Why not do taxify or uber there are some organization that can give you a car to use ,you can save up and go into fish farming, security guards work is not easy.

Best of Luck

Thanks Bro but I don't even know how to drive, I have bin begging a friend @Kubwa to teach how to drive, he keep saying weekend weekend. In sort, there was a time I went to his place for the weekend, Saturday morning he said he need to fix his car, naxo the thing turn carry over. As I see say I de disturb am too much, I free the guy.

As for the fish farming, I tot of plenty biz too. Fish farming, shipping palm oil and yam to the far North and buying beans and cow(cos I was told cow is cheap there) from the north to sell in the north central and west, poultry, oil business(diesel supply), shopping mall, cinema house and a giant tech hub where people can buy electronic gadgets and accessories( for the shopping mall, cinema house and the tech hub I have another location for that cos there are plenty here in Abuja). I share the idea(s) with a multi millionaire I know but you know all these big men with their come today come tomorrow, am not in the country, since someone is not their child it will take time before they comply and too much of calls na disturbance naxo I allow the man rest. In sort as a matter of fact, I called the man few minutes ago he said I shouldn't worry that he is around and will call me.

Bro, jobless guys like me get little idea but the challenge is how to start(capital).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:31pm On Aug 23, 2018
Westfield Consulting Limited - Founded in January 2012, by a team of forward thinking Nigerians with over 40 years of cumulative work experience in management and consultancy, Westfield Consulting is a provider of Human Resource and Strategic Management Services. Our innovativeness and excellence in service delivery has made us a first choice to our growing clientele in various sectors.

We are recruiting for suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:

Job Title: Assistant Territory Sales Manager

Job Descriptions

Report to the Area Sales Manager and the Territory Sales Manager along with other assistant Territory Sales Manager.
Be in charge of covering his assigned territory, servicing appointed Distributors (direct customers) be it Sales Partner. Category A, B and C and retail outlets (indirect customers) by selling our suppliers products from the sales van.
Must continuously represent the organization in the market place by visiting, taking order, servicing such order and collecting marked feedback for the management decision in the territory.
For effective coverage of all customers for both direct and indirect customers, the development of a well – designed itinerary plan is prepared monthly but split into weeks and days of the week as greed and approved by Area Sales Manager.
The responsibilities of carrying out all promotion activities in line with approved brief from the Marketing Department as it affects his territory. This activity is supervised by the Area Sales Manager.

Requirements

Minimum of 3-5 years(ATSM); ≥ 5 Years (TSM) sales experience
HND/BSC in any discipline
MBA will be an added advantage
Obtain and execute orders which meet or exceed 100% of the sales target across brand.
Arrange customers’ visit to ensure maximum coverage of the territory.
Report timely trade feedback to the management recording demand and product complaint.
Monitor and prepare competitors activities within the assigned territory.
Keep abreast of any technical changes to company products, system and policy to able to offer up-to-date advice all customers.
Compile and make available the weekly/monthly respect including sales figures as it affects his territory.

Application Closing Date
Till Role is filled.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: cvs@westfield-consulting.com

1 Like

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:31pm On Aug 23, 2018
Tekra Global Concepts Limited, an indigenous company in Nigeria. We aim at setting the standard of excellence in car rental services, with the sole purpose of providing our clients comfortable and safe transport services on corporate and individual request.

At Tekra Global Concepts limited we bring together people of high-calibre talent. We work with smart, interesting people with diverse backgrounds to solve the biggest challenges across private, public and social sectors.

We are seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidates for the position below:

Job Title: Driver

Job Description

If you are an experienced driver located in Abuja, and you are in need of a job, then apply accordigly below.

Application Closing Date
30th September, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's with a copy of your licence to: amos@tekraglobalconcepts.com
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2018
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.

We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Prosell Project Manager

Contract type: 1 Year Fixed Term
Reporting to: Deputy Country Director – Programs
Staff reporting to this post: TARABA State Coordinator and Manages relationships with the Implementing partner - Development Exchange Center (DEC)

Job Purpose

Oxfam seeks the position of Project Manager - TARABA for its EU-funded PROSELL project which aims at building food security and resilience in Taraba State.
The project will build resilience of small-scale farmers, fishermen and livestock owners (women, youth, and vulnerable households) in commodity value chain and rural enterprise in 6 LGAs in Taraba State.
PROSELL will (i) increase income of small scale farmers by enhancing their agricultural productivity, market access, and job creation along crop, fish and livestock value chains; (ii) enhance adaptive capacities and resilience of small-scale farming households to climate change; (iii) Promote cooperation and mutual benefits of farmers, livestock owners, and all value chain actors.
The jobholder will manage Oxfam-EU funded PROSELL Project and lead on related strategy development.
The Project Manager will be the main liaison person for PROSELL project activities between Oxfam and The Federal and State Ministries of Agriculture and Rural Development officials, Ministries of Women Affairs and Non- Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and private sector and Agricultural Research Institutes involved in the project implementation.

Dimensions:

Coordination and delivery of agreed plans and strategies to achieve significant impact from PROSELL project unit and meet targets
Establish and maintain effective partnerships with NGOs and government bodies to increase national resource mobilization and long-term sustainability for PROSELL
Work as part of the Program Management Team (PMT) in Nigeria and lead PROSELL management team
Input into and influence long term vision on Economic Justice (GROW campaign), inequality in the food system and World Influencing Network (WIN) in Nigeria
Working autonomously with significant financial, human resource, and representational responsibility.
Produce, assimilate, analyse and use project information from varied and diverse sources to provide in-depth analysis in the specific project unit or policy area.
Decision-making is strategic and operational with a high degree of judgement based on specific problem-solving experience and a range of external and internal factors.
Role as a key decision maker/responsible person for project unit.
Represent Oxfam in coordination meetings and some external relationships in relation to the PROSELL project.
Play an active role in lobby and advocacy through personal contacts and co-ordination of allies at national and occasionally regional level.
Plan and implement fundraising plans and ensure proper reporting and accountability to donors.
Ensures that the notion of “women’s rights at the heart of our work” is present in all work s/he takes forward. Assess food security situation, designing, implementing and scaling up of Food Security and Livelihoods programs when acute emergencies are forecast as required.

Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Strategic leadership:

Leadership of Oxfam PROSELL project management at all levels (strategic, tactical and operational) ensuring that the project is driven by primary stakeholder needs and interests
As a member of the Programme Management Team (PMT) and leader of the PROSELL management team, contribute to overall development of longer-term strategy and management of the Oxfam programme in Nigeria
Keep up to date with national and regional trends in the area of resilient livelihoods, food security and agricultural value chain development order to fully understand the context within which Oxfam operates (present and future)
Work with relevant actors to establish yield insurance scheme
Lead Household Economy Assessment, food security and nutrition assessments, and rapid care analysis in PROSELL areas and coordinate implementation of recommendations.
Actively represent PROSELL in the quarterly Cadre Harmonise analysis, Regular Cash Working Groups and Food Security Cluster at the national level
Design social protection/safety net initiatives (cash transfer and/or voucher program, taking into account a fluctuating market system and security situation, temporary employment in the form of food for work, VS&L, livestock management, backyard gardening, local food reserve, nutrition enhancement programming) in chronically food insecure areas working with the Livelihood Program Team and Humanitarian team
Support gathering and sharing of good practice within thematic groups that are integrating disaster risk reduction, social protection/safety nets and sustainable livelihoods approaches to work in areas of chronic poverty and inequality.
Facilitate learning and contribute to knowledge management across our program, Oxfam International, and with partners and external organisations.
Provide strategic analysis and direction through high quality advice, analysis of food security trends, and synthesis of learning from external sources and our programs to help the organisation make strategic program, policy and campaign choices.

Fundraising:

Prepare capacity statements, concept notes and project proposals ensuring they are aimed at achieving resilient income and food security for small holder farmers especially women and youth
Ensure that proposals developed for specific calls are in line with co-financing targets and priorities of the PROSELL project.
Prepare monthly, quarterly, mid-term and annual reports to be submitted to Oxfam and existing as well as potential donors.

Project management and implementation:

Ensure PROSELL project achieve its planned outcomes, and provide an effective framework for project work
Pro-actively share information within the Nigeria and PROSELL project teams and ensure that team members are coordinating effectively over activity planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning
Ensure adherence to Oxfam quality standards and integration of best practice in livelihood programme in close liaison with Oxfam technical advisers, finance, MEAL and other support staff
Ensure that PROSELL management information systems are maintained accurately and up to date
Ensure delivery of PROSELL project reports and donor reports to quality standards and deadlines
Ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is gender-sensitive, and promote the full and equal participation of women in all aspects of the work.
Commission and supervise research or analysis to underpin programming and advocacy on rural livelihood and related areas
Share information within region and to other Oxfam colleagues related to PROSELL and advocacy issues in Nigeria
Facilitate the implementation of counterfraud, anti-aid diversion and safeguarding recommendations for operational excellence.
Ensure adequate complaint and response mechanism is in place and functioning.

Partnership management and external relationships:

Build and manage relationships and partnerships with producer organisations, NGOs, research institutions, private sector and other key stakeholders in the Agricultural and rural sectors in Nigeria.
Provide and facilitate technical support, training and information to partners to enable them to effectively use Oxfam resources and best practices in project implementation
Represent Oxfam in coordination meetings related to PROSELL and some external relationships with donors and other key stakeholders
Ensure regular communication with counterparts and government organisations.

People management:

Line manage Oxfam PROSELL project staff in TARABA State
Provide and facilitate technical support, training and information to PROSELL project staff and partners to enable them to effectively use Oxfam resources as well as best practices in programme planning and implementation.
Roll out trainings on Oxfam Code of Conduct for staff and non-Oxfam staff involved in PROSELL implementation

Financial management:

Direct responsibility for budget management of up to 2.5- 3 million EUR project per year including significant donor funds.
Ensure that budgets are drawn up for all activities, and that costs are kept within budgets, doing a monthly budget monitoring (BVA), quarterly analysis of trends and timely budget reallocation.
Develop a supply plan and manage PROSELL procurement in compliance with donor requirements and in relevance with time bound agricultural activities with minimum to zero waiver.

Educational, Experience & Competence
Essential:

Excellent analytical and critical thinking ability, with a Master Degree in Agriculture, Agri-economics, Food Security, Climate Change or a related field of study with 8-10 years of field experience in food security, agriculture, and resilient livelihoods, including experience in emergency response and recovery following natural disaster and social protection/safety nets.
Minimum of 8 years “hands-on” working experience of managing development programmes; 3 years of managing livelihoods and agricultural projects including ability to integrate private sector, rural financial management and nutrition components especially within an NGO setting in a coordinating capacity.
Knowledge of market-based agriculture especially the value chain approach, rural financial services and promotional nutrition interventions
Strong skills in market based agricultural models and value chain approach from smallholder farmers’ perspective
Excellent knowledge of the political economy in Nigeria, politically astute, with a good understanding of key external organisations, how they operate and make decisions, and the country development context
Commitment to and knowledge of working with partner-led operational approaches, developing and supporting partner organisations to achieve direct impact and results relating to the programme objectives
High levels of strategic and people management skills, able to support and mentor teams in their professional and personal growth and use a variety of strategies and approaches to motivate teams
Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills an able to represent Oxfam to donors and external institutions
Experience and ability to work well in, manage and lead large project teams and steer them to achieve and deliver results.
Experience in budgeting, budget monitoring and expenditure forecasting.
Demonstrated experience of integrating Gender and Diversity issues in market based rural agric sector
Demonstrable experience of working with and managing local Civil Society partners, donor funding management and reporting
Ability to work effectively with others persuading, influencing, negotiating and supporting, following as required in order to achieve targets
Ability to manage competing tasks; ability to prioritise and produce high level output consistently.
Strong analytical skills and experience using a computerised information management system (Ms. Word, Excel etc.)
Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work
Understanding of and commitment to Oxfam’s One Program Approach (linking humanitarian,
development & influencing work).

Key Behavioural Competencies
Competencies:

Decisiveness: We are comfortable to make transparent decisions and to adapt decision making modes to the context and needs.
Influencing: We have the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organisation We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities we have the ability to create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
Mutual Accountability: We can explain our decisions and how we have taken them based on our organizational values. We are ready to be held to account for what we do and how we behave, as we are also holding others to account in a consistent manner.
Agility, Complexity, and Ambiguity: We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
Systems Thinking: We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome or event in isolation. We focus on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
Strategic Thinking and Judgment: We use judgment, weighing risk against the imperative to act. We make decisions consistent with organizational strategies and values.
Listening: We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear, and consider different preferences.

Annual Salary and Benefits

Commensurate with experience.
Annual Budget: The PROSELL Project has an annual budget of €2.5-3 million.

Application Closing Date
31st August, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email their Application Letters and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment to: vacancies-nigeria@oxfamnovib.nl with the position title as the subject of the email.

Note: Please send your applications in the required format. All candidates will be shortlisted for assessment and interview.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2018
Westfield Consulting Limited - Founded in January 2012, by a team of forward thinking Nigerians with over 40 years of cumulative work experience in management and consultancy, Westfield Consulting is a provider of Human Resource and Strategic Management Services. Our innovativeness and excellence in service delivery has made us a first choice to our growing clientele in various sectors.

We are recruiting for suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:

Job Title: Assistant Territory Sales Manager

Job Description

Report to the Area Sales Manager and the Territory Sales Manager along with other assistant Territory Sales Manager.
Be in charge of covering his assigned territory, servicing appointed Distributors (direct customers) be it Sales Partner. Category A, B and C and retail outlets (indirect customers) by selling our suppliers products from the sales van.
Must continuously represent the organization in the market place by visiting, taking order, servicing such order and collecting marked feedback for the management decision in the territory.
For effective coverage of all customers for both direct and indirect customers, the development of a well – designed itinerary plan is prepared monthly but split into weeks and days of the week as greed and approved by Area Sales Manager.
The responsibilities of carrying out all promotion activities in line with approved brief from the Marketing Department as it affects his territory. This activity is supervised by the Area Sales Manager.

Requirements

Minimum of 3-5 years(ATSM); ≥ 5 Years (TSM) sales experience
HND/B.Sc degree in any discipline
MBA will be an added advantage
Obtain and execute orders which meet or exceed 100% of the sales target across brand.
Arrange customers’ visit to ensure maximum coverage of the territory.
Report timely trade feedback to the management recording demand and product complaint.
Monitor and prepare competitors activities within the assigned territory.
Keep abreast of any technical changes to company products, system and policy to able to offer up-to-date advice all customers.
Compile and make available the weekly/monthly respect including sales figures as it affects his territory.

Application Closing Date
Till Role is Filled.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's and Applications to: cvs@westfield-consulting.com
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country.

We are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:

Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant

Locations: Borno (4) & Benue (3)
Contract Type: 4 Month Fixed Terms
Slot: 7 Openings

Project Summary
The UNFPA Integrated Reproductive Health & Mentoring activity is a 6-month intervention implemented by FHI 360 and Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) in Borno and Benue states. The overall goal of the activity is to meet the most urgent reproductive health (RH) and mentoring needs of 285,000 conflict affected underserved adolescents, youth and women through gender sensitive, rights-based approaches within host and reclaimed communities and IDP camps in north-east (Borno) and north central Nigeria (Benue).

Responsibilities

Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant Under the direct supervision of the M&E officer, the M&E Assistant will work with others in the project office and local implementing partners to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate as well as meet donor and project’s M&E needs.
S/He will enter program data into the FH1360 data management software for subsequent analysis; identifies and follows up missing data; undertakes basic validation checks, and stores and disseminates data and hardcopy files as appropriate.

Minimum Recruitment Standards

B.Sc/BA in Statistics, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation, or in relevant degree with 1-3 years relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or data management.
Familiarity with NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time

Application Closing Date
29th August, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word Document to: AHNi-M&EJobs@ahnigeria.org

Note: Only applications sent electronically (i.e by email) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the email will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.

Job Title: Community Mobilization Coordinator

Project Summary
The UNFPA Integrated Reproductive Health & Mentoring activity is a 6-month intervention implemented by FHI 360 and Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) in Borno and Benue states. The overall goal of the activity is to meet the most urgent reproductive health (RH) and mentoring needs of 285,000 conflict affected underserved adolescents, youth and women through gender sensitive, rights-based approaches within host and reclaimed communities and IDP camps in north-east (Borno) and north central Nigeria (Benue).

Responsibilities

Community Mobilization Coordinator Under the direction of the State project coordinator, S/he will be responsible for working closely with the IRHM team to foster and strengthen relationships between the IDPs, host communities and relevant government stakeholders as well as implementing partners to achieve desired objectives.
S/he will be responsible for working closely with internally displaced persons camp (IDP) officials, gatekeepers in host communities, health care workers, local emergency and humanitarian response stakeholders, religious leaders, adolescent girls, young women and their caregivers to ensure project gains sustainable support.
The Community Mobilization Coordinator is also expected to create a network of support and participation with the local government departments that can provide caregivers with critical knowledge, expertise and means to empower their financial productivity and know how.

Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Sociology, Social Work or Community Development with at least 5 years work experience especially in OVC and gitls training/HIWAIDS and gender issues;
3 to 5 years’ relevant experience with a sound understanding of programming in resource constrained settings;
Preferred work experience in conflict affected states in north-east Nigeria;
Fluency in English, strong writing and presentation skills. Local language skills will be an added advantage;
Strong communication (particularly community entry skits) to collaborate with community leaders, state governments and local NGOs;
Sensitivity to socio-cultural Context in communities in Benue.

Application Closing Date
29th August, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word Document to: AHNi-M&EJobs@ahnigeria.org

Note: Only applications sent electronically (i.e by email) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the email will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted

Job Title: Community Mobilization Assistant

Slot: 4 Openings

Project Summary

Responsibilities

Community Mobilization Assistant Under the direction of the Community Mobilization Coordinator, will support in ensuring a close working relationship between IDPs, host communities and relevant government stakeholders as well at implementing partners to achieve desired objectives.
S/he will be responsible for ensuring seamless community entry to internally displaced persons camps, with gatekeepers in host communities, health care workers, local emergency and humanitarian response stakeholders, religious leaders, adolescent girls, young women and their caregivers to ensure project gains sustainable support.

Diploma in Sociology, Social Work or Community Development with at least 5 years work experience especially in OVC and girls training/HIV/AIDS and gender issues;
1 year experience in community mobilization
Preferred work experience in conflict affected states in Nigeria;
Fluency in English, strong writing and presentation skills. Local language skills will be an added advantage;
Strong communication (particularly community entry skills) to collaborate with community leaders, state governments and local NGOs;
Sensitivity to socio-cultural context in communities;

Application Closing Date
29th August, 2018.

How to Apply

Note: Only applications sent electronically (i.e by email) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the email will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.

Job Title: Quality Improvement Officer

Project Summary

Responsibilities

Quality Improvement Officer under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator and with the support of Technical Team and RMNCH will be responsible for the quality of the data collected from the field; for performing statistical analysis at National level; for facilitating the strengthening of the quality of services provided; and for assisting the M&E Officer in any other relevant tasks.

B.Sc/BA/MBBS/RN with related course work and 3 - 5 years related work experience in Statistics! Epidemiology. 1-3 years of field experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in reproductive health or HIV/AIDS programs in Nigeria.
Experience working with local Nigerian partners, including NGO5, CBOs and Health Facilities.
Former experience in building a Quality Improvement System is a strong asset. Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.

Application Closing Date
29th August, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word Document to: AHNi-ProgMgtJobs@ahnigeria.org

Note: Only applications sent electronically (i.e by email) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the e-mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:44pm On Aug 23, 2018
contd...

Job Title: Project Officer

Project Summary

Responsibilities

Project Officer will be responsible for providing programmatic and technical assistance in the areas of RMNCH and AGYW programming including monitoring and evaluation.
The Project Officer (Technical) will track implementation of all program activities; ensure adherence to timelines and submission of deliverables. The incumbent will support project related activities including documentation, travels and timely reporting.

BA/BSc/MBBS, or BSc. Nursing, Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Public health or similar degree
Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in programs with a sound knowledge/understanding of GBV, mentoring, RH, adolescents young girls and women programming.
Experience with delivering reproductive and maternal health services, in community and facility settings.
Familiarity with Humanitarian interventions, NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Fluency in English, strong writing and presentation skills. Local language skills are required;
Strong communication skills to collaborate with state governments, local and international NGOs and community leaders and similar stakeholders.
Strong reporting, monitoring, evaluation,
Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time.
Sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding Humanitarian interventions.

Application Closing Date
29th August, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word Document to: AHNi-ProgMgtJobs@ahnigeria.org

Job Title: State Project Coordinator

Locations: Borno & Benue
Slot: 2 Openings

Project Summary

Responsibilities

State Project Coordinator will be responsible for supporting technical and supervision of project activities to increase access to reproductive health services to women, young women and girls and their partners in Borno and Benue states.
S/he will oversee quality assurance of all program activities; ensure adherence to timelines and submission of deliverables. The incumbent will lead program monitoring, evaluating, and periodic reporting as related to in coordination with team.

Master’s degree in Public Health or the Social Sciences or a minimum of seven years working in a technical leadership role, with at least five years in RMNCH/ Programs/Technical interventions related to RH, gender and AGYW mentoring
Experience and/or knowledge of reproductive maternal newborn and child health programmes in Nigeria;
Preferred work experience in Nigeria, preferably in conflict affected states in the north-east (Borno) and north-central (Benue);
Fluency in English, strong writing and presentation skills. Local language skills will be an asset;
Strong communication skills to collaborate with state governments, local and international NGOs and community leaders and similar stakeholders,
Demonstrated ability to achieve results in restrictive development operating environments;
Computer skills in Microsoft Word, excel, power point and Outlook at minimum

Application Closing Date
29th August, 2018.

How to Apply

Job Title: Project Accountant

Project Summary

Responsibilities

Project Accountant Under the direction of the Project Director and with direct oversight of the Senior Account and Finance Manager, the Accountant shall assume responsibility for accounting and ensure compliance with the contractual financial requirements of the Project and the organization.

B.Sc/BA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3-5 years relevant experience.
Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 1-3 years relevant experience.
Minimum of 1-3 years’experience in accounting related to international development programs.
Familiarity with donor-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an aLvantage. CPA, ACA, ICAN or recognized equivalent is an advantage.
Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.

Application Closing Date
29th August, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word Document to: AHNi-F&AJobs@ahnigeria.org

Note: Only applications sent electronically (i.e by email) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the email will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted

Job Title: Finance & Admin Officer

Project Summary

Responsibilities

Finance & Admin Officer Under the direction of the Senior Accountant, the Finance & Administrative Officer will be responsible for the provision of administrative, Finance and logistical services to the Finance directorate.

Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Development, Sociology, Statistics, Community Development or any course related with at least 5 years work experience especially in girls training/HIV/AIDS and gender issues;
Must be computer literate (MS Office Packages)
And proficient in FHI 360 M&E softwares such as DHIS, LAMIS, NOMIS, etc.
Good facilitation and report writing skills;

Application Closing Date
29th August, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word Document to: AHNi-F&AJobs@ahnigeria.org

Note: Only applications sent electronically (i.e by email) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the e-mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.

Job Title: Mentoring & Protection Coordinator

Slot: 3 Openings

Project Summary

Responsibilities

Mentoring & Protection Coordinator will be responsible for organizing services to be delivered through safe spaces in internally displaced persons camps in Benue State Nigeria.
These services will include mental health services, psychosocial support and case management of gender-based violence.
The safe spaces will seek to promote the well-being and protection of women and children and other vulnerable groups.
S/he will ensure women and girls benefit from targeted personalized counselling, care, emotional support and practical support services provided by trained social workers and case workers.

Bachelor's Degree in International Development, Gender Studies, Social Science, Education or equivalent;
At least 5 years' experience in the fields of gender and education with expertise in girls’ education, mentoring/Adolescent Reproductive Health/SRGBV;
Must have participated in trainings on GBV in Humanitarian settings
Must be computer literate (MS Office Package/Internet, etc.)
Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in GBV, mentoring, RH, adolescents young girls and women programming.
Experience with delivering reproductive and maternal health services, in community and facility settings.
Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Strong communication skills to collaborate with state governments, local and international NGOs and community leaders and similar stakeholders.
Strong reporting, monitoring, evaluation,
Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time.

Application Closing Date
29th August, 2018.

How to Apply

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:48pm On Aug 23, 2018
Community Life Advancement Project (CLAP) - An NGO committed to improving health, reducing the impacts of HIV/AIDS and poverty and strengthening communities, requires for immediate employment, the services of qualified candidates for the position below:

Job Title: Program Manager, HIV/AIDS/OVC

Locations: Abuja and Makurdi

Requirements

Advanced degree in Public Health or relevant field with at least 4 years experience of direct responsibility for implementation of OVC and HIV prevention service with proficiency in the use of computer.

Application Closing Date
5th September, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, CV's and relevant Credentials to "The Advertiser" via: clapinnigeria2014advert@gmail.com indicating their position, State and LGA of interest.

Job Title: Program Officer, HIV/AIDS/OVC

Locations: Abuja, Nasarawa (Nasarawa Eggon), Benue (Buruku, Katsina Ala, Makurdi and Ukum LGAs)

Requirements

First degree in Social Science or related discipline with at least 2 years experience of direct work on OVC and HIV prevention service with proficiency in the use of computer.

Application Closing Date
5th September, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, CV's and relevant Credentials to "The Advertiser" via: clapinnigeria2014advert@gmail.com indicating their position, State and LGA of interest.

Job Title: Program Assistant (Intern)

Locations: All Offices, Nigeria

Job Description

Will assist Program Officer in OVC Case Management

Requirements

First degree in any discipline, proficiency in the use of computer with strong desire to pursue a career in development work.

Application Closing Date
5th September, 2018.

How to Apply

Job Title: Human Resource Officer/Administrative Secretary

Requirements

First degree in any discipline with good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.

Application Closing Date
5th September, 2018.

How to Apply

Job Title: Finance Officer

Requirements

First degree in Accounting with at least 2 years working experience and good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.

Application Closing Date
5th September, 2018.

How to Apply

1 Like

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
BBC Media Action was founded in 1999 by the BBC as its international development charity. We apply the editorial standards of the BBC, build on its values and often work closely with the BBC World Service and other BBC departments. However, we are legally and financially independent and work to a distinct mission. Originally known as BBC World Service Trust we changed our name to BBC Media Action in December 2011.

Job Title: Assistant Research Officer

Department: Research and Learning
Reports to: Senior Research Officer
Start Date: October 2018
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Duration of Contract: 6 months (with possibility of extension)

Job Purpose

To assist the Research and Learning team, working closely with the Head of Research & Learning and other senior members of the team in the effective, timely and efficient coordination and implementation of research for BBC Media Action’s development communications projects in Nigeria.
The Assistant Research Officer will also be responsible for providing administrative support to the team (where required).

Main Duties

Assist in the effective design, co-ordination and delivery of research for all BBC Media Action’s development communications projects across a range of thematic areas in which BBC Media Action works (e.g. health and governance), comprising of formative research, process research ( pre-testing of outputs) and impact evaluation.
Assist in facilitating and monitoring research and outreach assessment activities (e.g. focus group sessions, quantitative surveys, listening groups etc.), working to time, budget and high quality.
Assist in the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, interpretation and communication of learnings from primary and secondary research work, to relevant / key Project and Management teams, to aid strategic thinking and decision making.
Undertake the supervision and ensuring quality control of research fieldwork.
Assist in the design of research sampling, research instruments (e.g. recruitment questionnaires/screeners, discussion guides, questionnaires) and design of presentation charts.
Undertake administrative duties to include documentation, pre-fieldwork logistic planning and resource acquisition.
Perform any other duties that may be assigned.

Key Skills and Experience

Basic Knowledge of / skills in qualitative research (interviewing, moderating, observation, ability to listen attentively etc).and/or quantitative research (questionnaire administration, data coding etc).
Ability to work closely with non-research teams in applying research findings to media outputs.
Enthusiasm to learn about communication strategies and development issues.
Basic knowledge of / skill in writing reports and briefing documents.
IT skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Ability to speak and write Hausa language is required.
The Assistant Research Officer should have at least one year post NYSC experience conducting research or supporting any elements of research in / with any research agency or development organisation.

Key Competencies
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies:

Analytical Thinking - Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically. Able to identify causal relationships, and construct frameworks, for problem-solving and/or development.
Strategic Thinking - Can identify a vision along with the plans that need to be implemented to meet the end goal. Evaluates situations, decisions, issues, etc. in the short, medium and longer-term.
Decision Making - Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decision made.
Planning and Organisation - Is able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources requirements.
Resilience - Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
Influencing and Persuading - Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
Communication - The ability to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
Imagination / Creative Thinking - Is able to transform creative ideas/impulses into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
Managing relationships - Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
Self-Development - Is able to identify and apply opportunities for learning and development.

Job Title: Senior Research Officer

Reports to: Head of Research and Learning

Job Purpose

The Senior Research Officer will provide senior level support to the overall design and implementation of research activities conducted to inform content, strategy and quality, to monitor and evaluate the impact of BBC Media Action’s development communications projects in Nigeria, under the guidance of the Head of Research & Learning where appropriate.
S/he will work with the Head of Research & Learning to ensure the research is technically well designed, resourced, implemented, reported and disseminated to a range of audiences. S/he will also be responsible for research project management including budgeting and resource management.
This role will also include line management of one or more Research Officers / Assistant Research Officers and supporting their personal development in elements of research such as research design, tool development, fieldwork, data analysis and interpretation. As such, the Senior Research Officer is expected to have substantial experience in research methods and research project management. The position is based in Abuja and will require travel to other states within the country.

Main Duties

Support the overall effective design, co-ordination and delivery of quantitative and qualitative research for all BBC Media Action’s projects across a range of different themes (e.g. health and governance).
Lead on the development of research plans when assigned a research project, using innovative and suitable methodologies, including development of research instruments and sampling design, fieldwork and fieldwork management, data analysis and interpretation, reporting and dissemination of research findings to internal and external teams on time, to budget and to high quality, under the supervision of the Head of Research & Learning.
Support the procurement and commissioning of research agencies and/or freelancers for research.
Facilitate and monitor research (e.g. focus group sessions, panel studies, case studies, outreach activity assessments, quantitative studies / surveys etc.), including negotiations on technical matters with BBC Media Action staff and external agencies, working to budget and deadline requirements.
Plan and monitor resource needs, including creation and input into research planning documents, project and programme plans and input into budget design for research elements of projects, with support and guidance from the Head of Research & Learning.
To prepare and present research presentations that inform the production process and monitor and evaluate project effectiveness for internal and external audiences including producers and project managers, research firms, academic institutions, media partners, donors and NGOs.
Lead on organising and implementing research review processes for key research deliverables (designs, reports) with project stakeholders, with support and guidance from the Head of Research & Learning.
Support and develop Research Officers and Assistant Research Officers, including coaching, mentoring and/or training to develop their research and project management skills.
Undertake, and support others to design and undertake data collection, analysis and reporting, ensuring that the interpretation supports development of media products and capacity strengthening designs.
Engage proactively and collaboratively with the Project Management Team, Production and Training staff, Operations staff, Finance staff and London based research staff, with minimal supervision from the Head of Research & Learning to ensure research supports wider organisational/programme objectives and is properly resourced and reported.
Oversee planning and implementation of study fieldwork, site selection, recruitment of respondents, data collection, data storage and data processing.
Oversee research activity travel planning, including risk assessments.
Line manage Research Officers and/or Assistant Research Officers including supporting personal development, motivation and technical support.

Academic/Professional Qualification

Minimum of a first degree in the Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, the Humanities or any other relevant field.

Skills, Knowledge and Experience:

The Senior Research Officer should have at least 5 years experience conducting research and evaluation for development projects or have similar experience in conducting social/market research in any research agency and/or media and communication research. The Senior Research Officer should be an experienced researcher with strong design and analytical skills.
Significant quantitative research skills (sampling and survey design, data management and analysis using SPSS, questionnaire design, report writing etc).
Highly competent in qualitative and quantitative data analysis and reporting.
Ability to plan and design qualitative and quantitative research and design and manage mixed method researches.
Strong field work experience, including in rural and geographically challenging areas. Ability to undertake or manage fieldwork and adapt methods to challenging and resource-constrained conditions.
Experience/knowledge in research project management in Nigeria including budgeting and resource management.
Demonstrable understanding of cultural diversity and cross-cultural research within Nigeria.
Knowledge and understanding of the importance of and application of ethical procedures in research.
Experience in commissioning research to research agencies/third parties/freelancers through competitive bidding processes and managing them to ensure quality and timely delivery.
Experience supervising and running field research teams, for quantitative and/or qualitative studies.
Ability to work closely with a Production and Media Development/Training team (internal or external) in applying research findings to media outputs.
A good grasp of, or enthusiasm to learn about, communication strategies and development issues.
Strong skills in writing precise and clear reports and briefing documents.
Strong presentation skills, communicating complex technical ideas using non-technical language to a wide range of audiences.
Ability to plan and conduct work with minimal supervision.
Good time management skills, with a track record of delivering research to deadline.
Good IT skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as other relevant data analysis software.R
Result oriented and commitment to excellence.
Transparent judgement and decision making, and high level of professionalism.
Ability to speak and write one or more of the following Nigerian Languages: Hausa, Yoruba and / or Igbo.
Previous experience in international development or media research would be an advantage.
Previous research experience working with NGOs would be an advantage.

Key Competencies:
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.

Strategic thinking - Can identify a vision along with the plans that need to be implemented to meet the end goal. Evaluates situations, decisions, issues, etc. in the short, medium and longer-term.
Analytical thinking - Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically. Able to identify causal relationships, and construct frameworks, for problem-solving and/or development.
Decision making - Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decision made.
Flexibility - able to adapt and respond strategically and smoothly to changing situations within the workplace and context.
Imagination/Creative thinking - Is able to transform creative ideas/impulses into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
Planning and organisation - Is able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources requirements.
Resilience - Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
Influencing and persuading - Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
Communication - The ability to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
Managing relationships - Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
Self-Development - Is able to identify and apply opportunities for learning and development.
Skill building - Is able to identify and apply opportunities for learning and development that support the development of other team members’ skills.

Application Closing Date
30th August, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Capability Statements to: hr.recruitment@ng.bbcmediaaction.org with the position applied for clearly stated as subject of email.

Click Here for more Information

Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:51pm On Aug 23, 2018
contd....

Job Title: Research Officer

Reports to: Senior Research Officer

Job Purpose

Reporting to the Senior Research Officer, the Research Officer will support the effective, timely and efficient implementation of all aspects of research for BBC Media Action’s development communications projects in Nigeria, under the overall guidance of the Head of Research & Learning where appropriate.
The Research Officer will work closely with the Senior Research Officer to ensure that all research is technically well designed, implemented, reported and disseminated to a range of audiences. As such, the Research Officer is expected to have substantial experience in research methods and implementation. The position is based in Abuja and will require travel to other states within the country.

Main Duties

Support the effective design, co-ordination and delivery of research for all BBC Media Action’s projects in Nigeria across a range of different thematic areas in which BBC Media Action works (e.g. health and governance), comprising of baseline and formative research (e.g. surveys, literature reviews and focus group discussions), process research (e.g. pre-testing of outputs) and impact evaluation.
Support/contribute to (or where assigned, lead) the development of research plans for research activities, including research instruments and sampling design, fieldwork and fieldwork management to time, budget and high quality.
Assist in facilitating, monitoring and commissioning (where necessary) of research activities (e.g. quantitative surveys, focus group sessions, panel studies, case studies, outreach activity assessments, capacity building assessments etc.), including negotiations on technical matters with BBC Media Action staff and external agencies.
Support the analysis and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data, reporting and dissemination of research findings to both internal and external audiences, in order to help Project and Senior Management, Production and Training teams, Donor and Project partners to draw insights from the data that will be useful in the design and implementation of activities.
Undertake, and support Assistant Research Officers to undertake data collection, analysis and reporting, ensuring that the interpretation supports development of media products and capacity strengthening designs.
Support in organising and implementing research review processes for key research deliverables (designs, reports) with project stakeholders, with support and guidance from the Senior Research Officer.
Engage proactively and collaboratively with the Project Management Team, Production and Training staff, Operations staff, Finance staff, and London based research staff, with guidance from the Senior Research Officer to ensure research supports wider organizational / programme objectives.
Assist in the supervision of research work of other team members (e.g. Assistant Research Officers) as well as contracted research agencies and freelancers where required.
Support the Senior Research Officer(s) and where necessary act as a key focal point for improving the research skills of colleagues.

Skills, Knowledge and Experience

Ability to plan and design qualitative and/or quantitative research and design and manage mixed method research.
Competent in qualitative and/or quantitative research implementation, data analysis and reporting.
Strong fieldwork experience, including in rural and geographically challenging areas. Ability to undertake or manage fieldwork and adapt methods to challenging and resource-constrained conditions.
Good communication skills, and the ability to clearly communicate the findings of our research and what these insights mean for the users of our data.
Knowledge and understanding of the importance of and application of ethical procedures in research.
Demonstrable understanding of cultural diversity and cross-cultural research within Nigeria.
A good grasp of, or enthusiasm to learn about, communication strategies and development issues.
Experience of writing precise and clear reports and briefing documents.
Good time management skills, with a track record of delivering research findings to deadline.
Result oriented and commitment to excellence.
Transparent judgement and decision-making, and high level of professionalism.
Good IT skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data analysis softwares.
Ability to work closely with non-research teams in applying research findings to media outputs.
Ability to speak and write one or more of the following Nigerian languages: Hausa, Yoruba and / or Igbo.

Knowledge and experience (desirable):

Previous research experience working with NGOs or development projects would be an advantage.
The Research Officer should have at least 3 years’ experience conducting research and evaluation for development projects, or have similar experience in conducting social/market research in any research agency and/or media and communication research. The Research Officer should be an experienced quantitative and/or qualitative researcher with demonstrable design and analytical skills.

Academic / professional qualifications:

Minimum of a first degree in the Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, the Humanities or any other relevant field.

Key Competencies
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies:

Strategic thinking - Can identify a vision along with the plans that need to be implemented to meet the end goal. Evaluates situations, decisions, issues, etc. in the short, medium and longer-term.
Analytical thinking - Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically. Able to identify causal relationships, and construct frameworks, for problem-solving and/or development.
Decision-making - Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decision made.
Flexibility - able to adapt and respond strategically and smoothly to changing situations within the workplace and context.
Imagination/Creative thinking - Is able to transform creative ideas/impulses into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
Planning and organisation - Is able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources requirements.
Resilience - Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
Influencing and persuading - Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
Skill building - Is able to identify and apply opportunities for learning and development that support the development of other team members’ skills

Job Title: Digital Producer

Department: Production & Training
Reports to: Senior Digital Producer
Start Date: Immediate

Job Purpose

The Digital Producer will use their editorial, content development, and social media experience across all aspects of BBC Media Action’s Digital output (including social media and TV) to help deliver quality, impactful content that meets BBC editorial standards.

Main Duties

Use writing, editing, editorial and a range of creative skills to help deliver quality, impactful content for social media, TV and other digital outputs.
Produce and post of a range of social media and TV content, including the creation of original video and multimedia content.
Pitch, write, record, report and edit original BBC Media Action content geared toward social media, TV and other digital audiences.
Engage and interact with our communities across social platforms.
Ensure that all content or language published on BBC Media Action digital platforms adhere to BBC editorial guidelines.
Prioritise relevant content creation and platform management against identified goals, knowing which platforms and tasks are more important to different audiences within the scope of BBC Media Action’s digital strategy.
Work with other Production & Training team members to ensure that our digital, radio and TV content complements each other for maximum reach and audience impact.
Analyse social media metrics to gain insight into the behaviour of our social media communities, distribution of our content across the web, and any emerging digital trends.
Contribute to the evolution of BBC Media Action’s digital strategy by providing innovative content ideas and concrete insights into content performance.

Demonstrable sound editorial judgement in the production and posting of digital content.
Experience producing engaging, creative content for social media websites, TV or other digital platforms.
Strong creative writing skills, and the ability to use these in the creation of engaging digital content.
Strong relevant video or photo editing skills and fluency in relevant creative software such as Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
Demonstrated knowledge or interest in digital trends in media, entertainment, and emerging technologies.
Proven ability to analyse and critically evaluate editorial content, identifying strengths and weaknesses in content and driving constant improvement in output.
Sound knowledge of digital best practices and the digital landscape.
A deep understanding of the web and how best to promote content to an online audience.
Strong attention to detail and an ability to work within established deadlines. Excellent planning and time management skills.
A strong visual sense.
A self-starter excited by the potential of working collaboratively in a dynamic and growing team.
Proven experience using radio, television, digital or other media to capture audience attention while increasing knowledge or awareness.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills and experience using these skills in a media production setting.
Fluent in spoken and written English; additional fluency in Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba desirable.
Evidence of imagination and an enthusiasm for generating new ideas.

Key Competencies:

Editorial Judgement - demonstrates balanced and objective judgement based on a thorough understanding of editorial guidelines, target audience, programme and department objectives. Makes the right editorial decisions, taking account of conflicting views where necessary.
Decision Making - Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decision made.
Planning and Organization - Is able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and Others. Prioritizes and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources requirements.
Managing relationships and team working - Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed working separately or competitively.
Developing Others - Able to recognize potential (managerial, professional, artistic or otherwise) and is willing to foster the development of that potential. Creates a climate in which potential can be realized.
Resilience - Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the lace of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations, Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterized by commitment, motivation and energy.
Influencing and Persuading - Ability to present Sound arid well-reasoned arguments to convince others, Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2018
contd....

Job Title: Assistant Digital Producer

Department: Production & Training
Reports to: Senior Digital Producer

Job Purpose

The Assistant Digital Producer will use their video, animation and/or infographic skills across all aspects of BBC Media Action’s Digital output (including social media and TV) to help deliver quality, impactful content that meets BBC editorial standards.

Main Duties

Use videography, animation and/or infographic skills to help deliver quality, impactful content for social media, TV and other digital outputs.
Support the production and posting of a range of social media content, including the creation of original video and multimedia content.
Pitch, write, record, report and edit original BBC Media Action content geared toward social media and/or TV audiences.
Engage and interact with our communities across social platforms.
Help ensure that all content or language published on BBC Media Action digital platforms adhere to BBC editorial guidelines.
Prioritise relevant content creation and platform management against identified goals, knowing which platforms and tasks are more important to different audiences within the scope of BBC Media Action’s digital strategy.
Work with other Production & Training team members to ensure that our digital, radio and TV content complements each other for maximum reach and audience impact.
Analyse social media metrics to gain insight into the behaviour of our social media communities, distribution of our content across the web, and any emerging digital trends.
Contribute to the evolution of BBC Media Action’s digital strategy by providing innovative content ideas and concrete insights into content performance.

Strong experience using video, animation and/or infographic skills to create engaging content.
Relevant video or photo editing skills and fluency in relevant creative software such as Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
Experience producing content for social media websites or other digital platforms.
Demonstrated knowledge or interest in digital trends in media, entertainment, and emerging technologies.
A strong visual sense.
Strong attention to detail and an ability to work within established deadlines.
Sound knowledge of digital best practices and the digital landscape.
A self-starter excited by digital production and the potential of working collaboratively in a dynamic and growing team.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Fluent in spoken and written English. Additional fluency in Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba is desirable.
Evidence of imagination and an enthusiasm for generating new ideas.
Excellent planning and time management skills.

Key competencies

Planning and Organization - Is able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and Others. Prioritizes and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources requirements.
Managing relationships and team working - Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed working separately or competitively.
Resilience - Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the lace of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations, Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterized by commitment, motivation and energy:
Influencing and Persuading - Ability to present Sound arid well-reasoned arguments to convince others, Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.

Job Title: Head of Operations, Admin and HR

Department: Operations, Admin and HR
Reports to: Country Director

Job Purpose

We require a dynamic manager with extensive experience, a highly developed understanding of media and development, and excellent management skills to lead our Operations, Admin and HR department.
This is a senior management team role, reporting directly to the Country Director, responsible for the effective functioning of BBC Media Action’s operations, administrative affairs and human resources. This includes overseeing logistics, IT, business and government relationships, staffing and other aspects that may be required for the day-to-day operation of the office and to support the activities of other departments.
The Head of Operations, Admin and HR will also be responsible for office and staff security, health and safety, and will work with the Country Director to ensure our activities are carried out in line with BBC’s health and safety protocols.
In addition, this post will be responsible for overseeing co-operation between BBC Media Action and the relevant authorities in Nigeria and ensuring best practice in the BBC’s compliance with local regulations.

Main Duties

Provide leadership of the Operations, Admin and HR Department in the Nigeria office, with overall responsibilities for logistics, IT, security, health and safety, physical infrastructure, equipment, business and government relationships, and compliance with all local regulations.
Supervise a team of managers, administrative staff, IT staff, transport officers, HR staff and office assistants and arrange their job responsibilities to ensure efficient functioning of the office in all areas in charge.
Take a holistic view and work across all other departments of BBC Media Action in Nigeria to ensure they get the necessary logistic, technical and HR support needed to effectively carry out their work.
Oversee the security of the office, staff and property and ensure our activities are carried out in line with BBC’s health and safety protocols, including risk assessments for all travel.
Take responsibility for overseeing the maintenance of office vehicles, equipment and property, and for ensuring appropriate health and safety gadgets are in place in the office.
Advise and support the Country Director and other senior staff to manage risk related to all aspects of our work.
Supervise the HR team to ensure that staff recruitments comply with BBC rules and local regulations, and that proper HR records and paperwork are kept on file.
Ensure that our agreements with suppliers and contractors are compliant with local regulations and BBC standards, meet the needs of our work, and provide good value for money.
Build and maintain relationships with relevant government bodies in line with local requirements and BBC standards and protocols.
Support professional development of all staff, including strengthening capacity, building skills and delegating authority to support professional growth.
Participate actively in BBC Media Action Nigeria’s country senior management team and encourage maximum collaboration across all departments to help ensure our work in Nigeria achieves its intended impact.

Proven extensive experience managing and motivating large teams of Operations and Admin staff in a high-pressure work environment to achieve strategic objectives.
Minimum of seven years experience leading and supervising office Operations and Admin in an NGO or in a related environment.
Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, with demonstrated experience of negotiating contracts and resolving issues with external suppliers and partners.
Proven extensive experience building and maintain relationships with Nigerian government bodies in line with local requirements and international best practices.
Proven extensive experience overseeing the deployment of staff for assignments across Nigeria, with a particular focus on safety scenario planning, risk assessments, and other measures intended to mitigate risks in the field.
Thorough knowledge of local tax, commercial, media, labour and safety legislation. Proven knowledge of BBC editorial, safety, procurement and other standards and protocols would be a plus.
Proven work experience helping use media to achieve development goals, and a strong knowledge of the Nigerian media sector and international donors operating in Nigeria.
Demonstrable ability to handle pressure, meet tight deadlines; to prioritise work and to confidently delegate authority; to manage several projects at the same time.
Proven experience in communicating effectively with people at all levels and from different backgrounds.

Key competencies:

Business Management - Is able to understand commercial imperatives and trading relationships, appropriately applies business principles in terms of costs, the market and added value.
Strategic Thinking - Can identify a vision along with the plan which needs to be implemented to meet the end goal. Evaluates situations, decisions, issues, etc. in the short, medium and longer-term.
Analytical Skills - Simplifies complex problems, processes or projects. Identifies casual relationships and constructs frameworks for problem-solving and/or development.
Decision Making - Is ready and able to take initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of decisions.
Influencing Others - Presents sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Draws from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
Motivation/Drive - Constantly seeks to do things better through setting more challenging goals. Is prepared to question the current way of doing things and take risks in pursuit of excellence.
Flexibility - Adapts to changing circumstances and displays a positive attitude to the process of change.
Self-Awareness - Have an understanding of own strengths, limitations, emotions, etc and how it impacts on others.
Teamworking - Ability to establish harmonious work-relationships with colleagues in a multicultural environment.

Application Closing Date
30th August, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Capability Statements to: hr.recruitment@ng.bbcmediaaction.org with the position applied for clearly stated as subject of email.

Click here for more information

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2018
Infostrategy Technology Nigeria Ltd is an Information, Communication and Software Technology firm incorporated in Nigeria and the United Kingdom. We operate with a burning passion to transform the technological terrain of Africa by delivering value to clients through innovative and effective leverage of cutting-edge technology solutions.

We are looking for competent and qualified candidate for the below position:

Job Code: IST/ABJ/012
Department: Administration
Reports to: Head HR & Administration

Essential Duties and Responsibilities

Ensure that the Company vehicles are clean and well taken care of at all times.
Conveyance of staff to and from their destination within and outside Abuja.
Monitor and carry out routine checks of Vehicles and Report Accordingly.
Ensure that Company Vehicles are driven safely, reduce the possibility of theft and damage
Maintain company procedures and regulations.
Record all movement in the Vehicle log book provided for the vehicle.
Carry out other duties assigned by Management.
Inform administration of the renewal of insurance and vehicle papers 30days in advance before the expiration of the existing policy/ papers.
Other duties as assigned

Education Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies

Must have a minimum of WACE certificate
Must have 5years Professional experience in same Position.
Must be well mannered.
Must have a Valid Driver’s License
Must be familiar with Abuja and its Environs route.
Must be knowledgeable with Safety Procedures, Traffic Laws, State and Federal transit Regulation.

Application Closing Date
27th August, 2018.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV’s as a single word document to: recruitments@istrategytech.com the subject of the mail should be the Job Title- Job Code.

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2018
Cornerstone is one of the foremost financial Institutions in Nigeria. The organization has been offering world class financial services to Nigerians for over 25 years. Due to expansion, the company is advertising for the position below:

Job Title: Unit Manager and Financial Planner

Job Description

Ability to have and will be able to manage, mentor and retain a minimum of 10 financial planners.
Meet company's minimum set Targets.

Financial Planner:

Identify prospects with exposures to risks, able to buy and possibly unwilling to listen
Discover the risks problems of prospects
Analyze, identify and evaluate the pure risks and losses
Selling of Life and General Insurance solutions/policies

Desired Experience

Minimum of 1 years’ experience from a recognize Financial Institution. (Experience from an Insurance company will be an added advantage)

Remuneration
Attractive Salary, Base Allowance and Commissions

Application Closing Date
30th September, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their attached Applications and Recent CV's stating the Position as the subject of the mail to: junigbe@cornerstone.com.ng
Or
Send their applications and recent CV's in Hard Copy stating "Position by Hand Enveloped to:
C/O District Manager (Unuigbe John),
Cornerstone Insurance Plc,
34 Gana Street Maitama,
Abuja.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2018
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.

Job Title: Purchasing Officer

Main Purpose

Performing the day to day purchasing activities in a coordination office according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission.

Accountabilities
Performing on a day to day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analysing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:

Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities. Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office and informing the Supply Activity manager / Capital supply Log of all information or modifications to the data i.e. price, address, items available.
At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed.
Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval.
Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made.
Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper.
Assist in packing and delivery process of goods from coordination location to the projects performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description.

Requirements (Qualifications)

Education: Diploma in Purchasing and Supply related studies desirable
Experience: Essential at least two years of working experience in Purchasing and supply chain related jobs.
Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs, and working experience
Languages: English language essential; any other local languages desirable

Knowledge:

Computer literacy in Microsoft word and excel

Competences:

Results and Quality Orientation L1
Teamwork and Cooperation L1
Behavioural Flexibility L1
Commitment.to MSF Principles L1
Service Orientation L1
Stress Management L

Application Closing Date
6th September, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter, latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Scan copies of certificate in a zip file with the title of the position as the subject of your mail to: nigeriajobs@oca.msf.org
Or
Hard copies of your application can be submitted in an envelope (specify on the envelope - Application for the post of Purchasing Officer) to:
The Human Resource Coordinator,
No. 11, First Avenue, Gwarinpa,
Abuja.
Or to Our project offices in Zamfara, Sokoto, Benue and Niger State.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2018
Velox, an Energetic Company provides agricultural technology, education, equipments and services, customized to fit the West African Region which has special tropical conditions. Our exceptionally knowledgeable team makes a unique source for invaluable information and know-how and effective mentoring.

Job Title: Business Development Officer

Job Summary

You are responsible for developing marketing and business plans for the achievement of revenue goals for a company.
You are responsible for developing strategic market penetration and bringing in a new client.

Job Description

Increase overall sales efficiency and profitability through excellent salesmanship.
Stay up to date on company pricing, and promotions.
Perform market research to identify new opportunities and engage with the Managing Director to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
Create and improve proposals for our existing and new clients.
Develop and deliver pitches for potential Clients.
Explain to prospective clients about the advantages of buying our products and follow up with them in order to close the business deals.
Develop strong customer relationships in order to generate a high volume of prospective clients.
Create a Client database.
Develop innovative strategies for retaining clients; this includes undertaking interviews in order to get feedback and incorporate it into the growth plan.

Requirement and Experience

Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Finance, Accounting or related field.
3+ years experience as a business development Officer or Sales representative.
Ability to interact in Hausa is a plus.
The ideal candidate must be a resident in Abuja and not older than 31 years old.

Desired Skills:

Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Great analytical skills you must have an eye for detail!
Excellent presentation skills.
Persuasion Skill.
Negotiation Skill.
A positive attitude.

Application Closing Date
23rd August, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online

Note: Candidate with a background in sales who is analytically minded and motivated is strongly advised to apply.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2018
Alexander George Consulting Services Limited - Our client, a renowned player in the construction industry, is in search of a suitable candidate to fill the vacant position below:

Job Title: Client Relationship Officer

Job Summary

Ensure that customers are attended to amicably and follow up to ensure sales is achieved.
Ensure customer satisfaction and sales repeat by being prompt and polite in accomplishing customer related tasks.
Ensure to give timely report to line manager on customer related issues.

Qualifications

A minimum of OND/Diploma in Business Administration or any related field from any recognized tertiary institution.
At least 2 years working experience in similar capacity.

Job Title: Marketing Manager

Job Summary

Ensure that self and team set goals and objectives are achieved.
Increase company's market share through closing deals and creating brand awareness.
Manages and motivates team members to perform better.

Qualifications

B.Sc or its equivalent in Marketing or any related field from any recognized tertiary institution.
At least 4 years working experience in similar capacity.

Application Closing Date
29th August, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: jobs@alexandergeorgeservices.com stating position applying for and location (e.g Client Relationship Officer/Abuja) as subject of email.

Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
Doviana Institute of Entrepreneurship & Technology, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title: Head of Sales & Marketing

Job Description

Develop and implement strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services;
Develop and manage sales/marketing operating budgets;
Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail;
Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share;
Ensure effective control of marketing results, and take corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets;
Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions;
Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities;
Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners;
Guide preparation of sales and marketing activity reports and present to executive management;
Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events;
Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly;
Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs;
Direct market channel development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals;
Represent Institute at trade association meetings to promote product Job Requirements.

Requirements

Bachelor's Degree/HND, Marketing, Business Management, Business Administration

Experience:

6 years.

Application Closing Date
10th September, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV's to: dietech260@gmail.com
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2018
The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos - Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation. The Centre was established to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in West Africa, and also to provide alternatives and best practices to the sustenance of democracy and development in the region.

The Centre is seeking for a suitable candidate who will be part of the team that will see to the success of its fake news, misinformation and disinformation project ahead of the 2019 general election. Thus, it is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill position below within the organisation:

Job Title: Fact Checker

Period: 5 months

Core Responsibilities

To keep continuously abreast of developments in social and traditional media spaces on issues relating to politics and election ahead of the 2019 general elections;
To regularly identify fake news, misinformation and disinformation as they relate to the elections;
To promptly respond to fake news, disinformation and misinformation by developing and releasing well-researched articles to counter them;
To use the tools of infographics, short videos, illustrations, etc, to widely disseminate responses and enlighten Nigerians on the effect of the phenomena;
To work closely with social media influencers/enthusiast to publicize rebuttals and leverage on their platforms to neutralize the effects of fake news, misinformation and disinformation.

Educational qualification

First degree in Political Science, Development Studies and other relevant programmes
MSc./MA in the disciplines will be an added advantage

Experience:

Experience using social media platforms in professional capacity.

Skills and Abilities:

Critical thinking and high level of attention to details
Interest in/knowledge of Nigerian politics (but an ability to retain high level of professional impartiality)
Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Excellent English writing and verbal skills including demonstrated writing, proofreading, and research skills.
Ability to work in a team environment
Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
Strong presentation skills
Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Strong IT Skills in MS Office, specifically MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.

Application Closing Date
7th September, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV's to: cddwestafrica001@gmail.com

Note

Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for. For example, Subject: Ayobami Fatimah Chukwuemeka, Fact Checker.
Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained.
Scanned applications will be disregarded.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls, please.
CDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this job.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2018
Young Readers Library - A book club that ignites the reader within your child, builds language, vocabulary, Comprehension among other skills.

We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:

Job Title: Saturday Book Club Volunteer

Purpose of the Role

To read to children, support them in completing their journals and perform other duties as assigned.

Duties

Plan, organise and implement the Saturday bookclubs at our centres.
Prepare and organise the set up of any equipment or resources for sessions.
Assist the children with completing their journals
Any other associated tasks as required for the role

Skills & Experience Required / Desired

The ability to communicate effectively, verbally with library staff, other volunteers and members of the public, especially children.
Previous experience of working with children and participating in children’s activities.
Reliable, confident and responsible individual, with enthusiasm and effective interpersonal skills.
The ability to cope with the duties and responsibilities of the post and the associated environment, including an understanding of health & safety.
Corp members are encouraged to apply

Training Available:

A one morning induction and introduction to the library and Library Services.
Shadowing sessions with other library staff to gain confidence and knowledge.
Other Requirements:
A minimum of 2 months commitment is required.
A credible reference will be needed as the role involves interaction with children

Benefits

Transport Allowance will be given.
Volunteer appreciation certificate will be given at the end of the volunteer service.

Application Closing Date
27th August, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications to: career@youngreaderslibrary.org.ng
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2018
Auto Spa Ltd is a technology-enabled automobile workshop with enhanced capacity to cater for after-sale maintenance and repair needs of modern vehicles in Nigeria. We offer a refreshing alternative to dirty repair garages, inexperienced shops or overpriced dealerships.

To support our growth and expansion, we are currently recruiting to fill the position of:

Responsibilities

Drive vehicle as requested
Observe road signs, traffic laws and regulations
Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards
Ensure punctuality and safe driving
Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
Ensure vehicle is kept secure at all times
Ensure vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
Ensure vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturer’s specifications
Ensure vehicle insurance and registration is updated according to schedule
Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc.; Administrative work
Familiar with Abuja roads.
Strong defensive driving skill, excellent knowledge of road traffic laws
Strong observation skills, Good communication skill, good grooming
Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and good interpersonal skills

Requirements

A minimum of a OND qualification
A valid Driver’s License and good driving record
A minimum of three years of work experience (corporate driving)
Good Knowledge of Abuja routes and its environment
Good understanding of Road Signs and Traffic Laws
Demonstrate dependability and self-motivation
Ability to read and write in English
Maintain high level of personal integrity and reliability
Ability to Maintain appropriate and professional appearance at all times.

Remuneration
NGN 480,000 (Annual Income)

Application Closing Date
30th August, 2018.

How to Apply
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2018
National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) - The attention of management of the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) has been drawn to unfounded speculations of alleged sales of employment to members of the public in the just concluded recruitment exercise in the Agency.

We wish to state categorically that these speculations are untrue, as the recruitment exercise into few vacant positions as advertised by the Agency followed due process as stipulated by law.

It must be emphasized that adverts were made on the Agency’s website to sensitize members of the public as well as request for applications to fill these vacant positions.

We therefore appeal to the general public to disregard these unfounded allegations, as the Agency will never condone or engage in any act that is contrary to the rule of law or against the public interest.

However, anyone with substantial proof or evidence against any individual or group of people should come forward with such to the office of the Director-General for formal complaint and necessary action on the part of management.

Click the link below for the last concluded Federal Ministry of Science and Technology Recruitment:
Federal Ministry of Science and Technology Massive Entry-level & Exp. Job Recruitment 2018
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
ipNX is an integrated info-communications company focused on providing every person, every home and every business in Nigeria with world-class information, communication and entertainment services.

Applications are invited for:

Title: NYSC, Pre-Service & I.T Internship

Job ID: 18
Locations: Lagos, Abuja, Oyo, Rivers and Kano
Department: Human Resource, Finance, Wifi and Voice, Network Infrastructure uni, Information Systems & Technology
Reporting to: Supervisor
Function: As applicable to requesting unit
Travel Frequency: Occasional

Introduction of the Job
The ipNX internship program offers students in tertiary institutions in Nigeria the opportunity to gain work experience and providing students the opportunity to work directly with inspiring and experienced professionals. The insights and skills gained by the end of the programme would be invaluable for future careers to the following category of applicants:

Students undergoing the mandatory SIWES (Student Industrial Work Experience Scheme) program (INDUSTRIAL TRAINEE).
Graduates who have completed their Higher National Diploma programs for Polytechnics, Colleges of Education & Bachelor Degree for university institutions .and are awaiting NYSC deployment (PRE-SERVICE).
Corp members currently undergoing their National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).

Purpose of the Job

To learn new skills and add to their knowledge base while gaining confidence in their abilities.
To offer the opportunity to work with someone who can become a mentor for you - not only in the internship but throughout their career.
To learn about a career field from the inside and decide if this is the right career field for them.
To offer the opportunity to practice communication and teamwork skills.
To gain industry knowledge first hand from the organization and professionals.
To gain valuable experience and accomplishments to add to their resume.
To provide evidence that they have initiative, are reliable, and have a sense of responsibility.
To apply some of the ideas learned in school and provide a bridge between school and the professional world.

Deliverables;

This section requires the top five accountabilities that role is to deliver own. Written in outcome language, this is not a listing of tasks but a grouping of tasks to determine outcomes required from the tasks.

Expected Key Results (Detailed KPIs):

Communications
Dependability
Initiative
Job Knowledge
Use of Technology
Overall Job Performance

Demonstrate (Key competencies):

This section requires an overview of the education, experience, and skills required to do the job at a satisfactory level. It is not a list of the jobholder's qualification.

Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills

CGPA ( 2.50 minimum)/BSC(2.2 minimum)/ HND(Upper Credit minimum).
WAEC (Minimum 6 B’s & C’s)

Work Experience:

Little or no work experience

Other Requirements:

Customer Focus
Tech savvy
Action orientation
Drive results
Cultivate Innovation
Ability to optimize work processes
Resilience

Application Closing Date
31st October, 2018.

Method of Application
Click here to apply online

Interested and qualified candidates should address their Cover Letters to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Human Capital Management,
ipNX Nigeria.

Note: All Pre-service & I.T Internship cover letters should state the duration of the internship.

http://careers.ipnxnigeria.net/jobs/nysc-pre-service-i-t-internship

Grab your copy grin
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 1:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
Great Career Consult - We are a full service recruitment company devoted to supplying quality training, employment and manpower services. our company is dully registered in nigeria, and we are one of the reputable agencies in the country concerned with the training, employment and recommendation of manpower.

Job Title: Sales Executive

Locations: Lagos, Abuja, Delta, Ogun and Oyo states
Slots: 50 Openings
Reporting to: Sales Manager

Job Function

Sales Executives would be responsible in building business by identifying and selling prospects; maintaining relationships with clients.
Candidates will be responsible for pursuing sales opportunities through traditional channels and by utilizing new technology and communication software to reach new prospects.

Duties and Responsibilities
As Sales Executive, you will need to:

Business to Business sales
Build good working relationships
Understand the needs of your business customers
Research the market and related products
Present products favorably and in a structured professional way face-to-face.

Business to Customer sales:

Listen to customer requirements and present appropriately to make a sale
Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
Cold call to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
Respond to incoming email and phone enquiries
Act as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets
Negotiate the terms of an agreement and close sales
Gather market and customer information
Challenge any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
Advise on forthcoming product developments and discuss special promotions
Create detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer
Check the quantities of goods on display and in stock
Make accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations.

For both sales roles, you will need to:

Negotiate on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
Liaise with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders
Record sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office, or entering figures into a computer system
Represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
Feed future buying trends back to employers
Review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
Attend team meetings and share best practice with colleagues.

Skills and Abilities
As a Sales Executive, you should have:

The ability and desire to sell
Excellent communication skills
A positive, confident and determined approach
Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection
A high degree of self-motivation and ambition
The skills to work both independently and as part of a team
The capability to flourish in a competitive environment
A good level of numeracy
A full driving license

Qualifications and Experience

Tertiary Degree in any field (as this position is open to all graduates)
Relevant work experience in sales role
Experience with customer relationship tools such as Salesforce a plus.

Application Closing Date
Not Specified.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and concise Cover Letter to: info@greatcareerconsult.com.ng (indicate the position applied as subject of the mail)

Note

CV's should be in MS Word format and any applicant who applies more than once for this job post will be disqualified automatically
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after review of applications.
All communications will be treated in strict confidence.

1 Like

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 1:13pm On Aug 23, 2018
CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC), a Chinese company with its headquarter in Abuja is a subsidiary of CGCOC GROUP CO., LTD. in mainland China. Our company CGC Nigeria Limited is a reputable Engineering Management and construction company at the forefront of construction of roads, bridges and other civil infrastructures in Nigeria.

Job Title: Contract Officer

Job Description

Manage the contract administration requirements for multiple projects at once.
Required to keep accurate records and logs in orderly system and maintain job files.
Responsible to interface with PMs, Supers, Subcontractors and clients with professionalism.
Assist in product and vendor support the projects from bidding to closeout.
Create required submissions for projects under the direction of the PM for submittals, RFIs, notices and closeouts
Assist PM with follow up for certified payrolls and billing requirements.

Major Requirements

Must be conversant with the standards of the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (commonly known as FIDIC).
Education Requirement: Bachelor Degree and Above.

Expected Salary
Negotiable.

Application Closing Date
Not Specified.

Method of Application

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeGPVb3yS-GqDkIqpNfsx8Ndt5SNU_NPBDP45_4q9L8S6NSYg/viewform
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2018
The U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria, is seeking to employ eligible and qualified candidates for the position below:

Job Title: Key Population Program Specialist (Pos. A96045)

Announcement Number: Abuja-2018-058
Series/Grade: 0550/ FSN-11 /FS-04
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
The work schedule for this position is: Full time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.

Duties

The incumbent under the supervision of the Prevention Branch Chief for the CDC Nigeria Office (Abuja) provides project support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR);
Contributing to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HIV services for Key Populations including Female Sex Workers, Men who have Sex with Men, People who inject Drugs, Transgender persons, and other priority populations as may be determined by PEPFAR.
The job holder’s responsibilities include day-to-day program management including coordination and collaboration with other PEPFAR agencies to ensure that project implementation addresses program strategic objectives.
S/he ensures collaboration among PEPFAR partners involved in the provision of HIV services to key populations and provides leadership in promoting use of internationally recognized best practices in key population HIV services provision.
Additionally, s/he serves as the Activity Manager for key population components of one or more CDC-supported cooperative agreements and as a key contributor to the planning, development, and review of the key population components of PEPFAR annual Country Operational Plans for Nigeria.

Qualifications and Evaluations

Education: Masters’ degree in Public Health, Medicine, Nursing, Epidemiology or Behavioral Science is required.

Requirements
Experience:

Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in HIV Testing, Prevention, Care and Treatment Services for key and priority populations, including program planning, implementation, and evaluation is required.
Knowledge and experience in key population (KP) programs that indicates the ability to consult and collaborate effectively with all levels both within and outside the agency is required.

Job Knowledge:

Must possess comprehensive knowledge and experience in key population (KP) program strategies; behavior change, HIV prevention, care and treatment services; HIV/AIDS public health programs and methods, processes, and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of HIV programs; as well as comprehensive knowledge of the host government health care system and structure including familiarity with GoN policies, program priorities and regulations is required.
Good working knowledge of USG HIV/AIDS public health programs, strategies, methods, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities; and overall administrative requirements, budgeting and fiscal management in support of contracts/ cooperative agreements/grants/purchase requisitions as well as knowledge of epidemiology, statistics and data analysis are required.

Evaluations
Language:

Level IV (fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.

Skills and Abilities:

Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches, as well as ability to lead project teams and workgroups and to develop effective working relationships with national and international
working partners are required. These include the development of evaluation designs, use of reliable and valid instruments, and methods for data collection, analysis and reports.
The incumbent will be expected to exercise considerable ingenuity and tact in applying guidelines to unique and different settings, as the work is highly complex and can be threatening to stakeholders.
Considerable innovation will be required to influence other collaborative organizations engaged in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs to adopt appropriate strategies for their program activities.
Use of Microsoft Office Suite; agency specific databases, use of advanced spreadsheet function; and numerical skills are required for statistics and data analysis. Keyboarding skills (both speed and accuracy) as well as a strong oral and written communications skills are required.

Qualifications:

All applicants under consideration will be required to pass security certifications.

Marketing Statement:

We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (cool Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.

Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)

The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.

Other information
Hiring Preference Selection Process:

Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below
Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application
Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.

Hiring Preference Order:

AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
AEFM / USEFM
FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **

Important:

Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant
The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain:
The military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and
The character of service
Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights back to their agency or bureau.

For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va

Salary
NGN 14,104,381 / USD 55,929.

Application Closing Date
5th September, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit their Applications with the required documentation listed below:

Universal Application for US Federal Employment (DS - 174)
Application Letter addressing the Qualifications and Evaluations for the position
Degree (not transcript)
Certificate or License
DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)

Submit Applications to: HRNigeria@state.gov

Click here to download Application Form for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) (PDF 1.78 MB)

Note

Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. Please provide a valid email address and be sure to check your email regularly during this recruitment process.
Who May Apply: All Interested / All Sources. FS-5/5 is USD 51,007 / LE is NGN 11,335,349. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.

1 Like

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2018
contd....

Job Title: Project Management Assistant (OFDA/FFP)

Solicitation No.: AID-620-S-00-18-00013-00
Security Level Required: SBU

Basic Function of the Position

The Project Management Assistant is responsible for performing administrative, clerical, and financial, information management, programmatic support, and training support. These responsibilities are in support of four permanent staff and up to eight temporary duty staff assigned to the USAID Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) for Nigeria.
The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of OFDA’s Senior Humanitarian Advisor (SHA) and operationally support all team members from USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) and Office of Food for Peace (FFP) team in Nigeria.
The incumbent may also be asked to deploy internationally as an administrative coordinator (AC) or Administrative Officer (AO) on DARTs internationally or USAID Response Management Teams (RMTs) in Washington, DC, and to train other new OFDA/FFP administrative staff globally.

Major Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities (50%):

Serves as liaison for all OFDA/FFP staff and the various administrative offices of USAID/Nigeria, and OFDA /FFP in Washington, DC.
Supports all administrative duties for the office including reception, clerical, and general secretarial functions, i.e., receiving incoming calls and directing to appropriate staff, mail screening and distribution, photocopying, filing, managing contact lists, etc. Manages the stock of expendable supplies and orders office supplies as needed.
Arranges local and international travel for OFDA/FFP employees, high-level visitors/delegations, and temporary duty (TDY) staff to Nigeria. Responsibilities include preparing travel requests, electronic country clearance (eCC) requests, hotel and transport reservations, applications for visas and permits, diplomatic notes, and other required documentation; arranging for modifications for TDY travel, home leave, rest and recuperation (R&R), and other entitlement travel per USAID guidelines; accurately preparing travel vouchers ensuring all OFDA/FFP transport and travel needs are assigned and completed.
Manages day-to-day travel for OFDA/FFP staff, including coordinating logistics with motor pool and other assigned drivers.
Provides logistical support for USAID-financed events, such as workshops, seminars, conferences, and retreats, including preparation and timely transmission of correspondence to guests, preparation of background documentation and event materials, the arrangement of hotel bookings, and setting up of meeting rooms and equipment. Works with the USAID Executive Office to identify and procure suitable conference space and prepare related budgets.
Submits access requests and serves as an escort for OFDA/FFP visitors to the U.S. Embassy in Nigeria.
Oversees use and maintenance of OFDA/ FFP office equipment.

Financial Management Duties and Responsibilities 20%:

Serves as the primary liaison for all financial matters on behalf of the OFDA/ FFP staff to USAID/Nigeria and OFDA/FFP offices in Washington, DC. In consultation with the USAID/Nigeria Office of Financial Management (OFM), prepares the OFDA/FFP Nigeria annual office operating budget and procurement plan (approximately $1.4m in FY 18) and submits it to the SHA. Tracks pipelines in financial accounting systems, and maintains contract action and award dates.
In liaison with USAID/Nigeria Executive Office, the controller and State’s OFM, ensure that funds are available and obligated in a timely manner.
Examines and ensures that all vouchers submitted for payment have complete supporting documentation and administrative approval.
Coordinates with the controller on the financial reviews of un-liquidated balances and the deobligation of un-liquidated funds for OFDA/FFP.
Serves as OFDA/FPP liaison for all procurement activities with the USAID/Nigeria Office of Acquisition and Assistance Office (OAA) and maintains a tracking list of procurement actions. Serves as a primary requestor for administrative and program requisitions in USAID’s procurement system (Global Acquisition and Assistance System (GLAAS)). Prepares and submits all documentation, including purchase order requests, to USAID/Nigeria for the procurement of office equipment, supplies, furniture and services for OFDA/FFP in accordance with USAID guidelines and regulations.
Serves as a member of Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC) for OFDA/FFP procurements.
Provides the USAID Executive Officer with any data call, including a breakdown of cell phone usage for OFDA/FFP staff (personal/official).

Information Management Duties and Responsibilities (15%):

Responds independently, accurately, and on time to action and information requests from OFDA/FFP offices in Washington, DC, OFDA and FFP staff in the field, and other offices.
Drafts response to technical and non-technical requests as appropriate and reviews and edits documents for the format, grammar, and punctuation.
In coordination with OFDA/ FFP staff, drafts and disseminates meeting minutes as needed.
Establishes and maintains a travel calendar showing planned staff travel and meetings regularly updated (minimum monthly).
Establishes and accurately maintains a weekly staff whereabouts list with current contact information for OFDA/ FFP in Nigeria, including permanent and TDY staff. Also serves as the OFDA/FFP point of contact to provide travel and contact information to OFDA/ FFP in Washington, DC, regional, and other local offices.
Updates and disseminates USAID/Nigeria administrative and programmatic procedures, including delegation of authority and action clearances, and ensure OFDA/FFP staff adherence to these procedures when planning, designing, and implementing activities, including travel.
Develops and maintains an updated OFDA/FFP partner contact list and manages communication and coordination with partners, under the guidance of the SHA.
Assists OFDA/ FFP staff in establishing and maintaining common program and administrative electronic files (currently in Google Drive). Ensures the files are well-organized and filing is completed in a timely manner. Retires OFDA/FFP general and program files in accordance with USAID guidelines.

OFDA Disaster Response Deployments /Administrative Assistant (15%):

Serves as a Project Management Assistant or Administrative Coordinator on a DART, RMT in the OFDA Operations Center in Washington, DC, or assessment teams, or provides coverage for other OFDA/FFP field offices within and outside the SWAN region for short-term and long-term deployments.
Manages DART’s and OFDA/ FFP motor pool and transport needs during the deployments.
While serving on an RMT, provides technical guidance to RMT and DART members regarding staffing, travel, grants, contracting and fiscal requirements and procedures.
Trains new administrative assistants hired in other OFDA/FFP offices, as needed, including possible travel to other office locations.
Develops administrative assistant training materials.
Trains OFDA and FFP staff on OFDA/FFP and USAID-specific administrative procedures and guidelines.

Area of Consideration: Nigerians and all individuals eligible to work in Nigeria with a valid Work permit.

Physical Demands: The work requested does not involve undue physical demands.

Minimum Qualifications Required for this Position

Education: College/ University studies in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Public Administration, or related field is required.
Prior Work Experience: A minimum of three years in secretarial/administrative and logistics experience required.
Post Entry Training: On the job training on USAID administrative procedures will be provided focused primarily on the Agency-specific established policies, procedures and regulations that govern: 1) USAID-specific Office Management, administrative support functions/responsibilities; 2) Agency-specific Petty Cash activities and reporting requirements: 3) Travel;4) Procurement; 5) General Services; and 6) Personnel.
Language Proficiency: (List both English and host country language(s) proficiency requirements by level and specialization) Level IV (fluent) English language proficiency, speaking, and writing ability is required.
Job Knowledge: Basic administrative work knowledge and ability to handle many detailed tasks and challenging situations at once. Ability to organize files, draft messages, schedule appointments and support other staff. Basic knowledge of Nigerian political, social, cultural and economic environment.

Skills and Abilities:

Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
The incumbent will need to possess the following personal traits: diplomacy, courtesy, patience, adaptability, initiative, flexibility, resourcefulness, cooperativeness.
S/he must be able to remain levelheaded in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
S/he must also be able to prioritize tasks effectively and to complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
A solid knowledge base and demonstrated proficiency in computer operations, specifically Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and typing various correspondence formats (i.e., memoranda, letters, reports, faxes, etc.), as well as standardized documents and forms, is required.

Evaluation and Selection Factors
Applications will be required to have the minimum qualifications expressed in Section II. Qualified applicants possessing skills above the minimum requirements will be assessed based on the following factors:

Education (10 points)
Work Experience (20 points)
Knowledge (30 points)
Language Proficiency (10 points)
Skills and abilities (30 points)

Market Value:

N8,383,885.00 equivalent to FSN-8 In accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and the Local Compensation Plan of United States Mission, Nigeria (Effective July 8, 2018). Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value.

Benefits/Allowances
As a matter of policy, and as appropriate, a PSC is normally authorized the following benefits and allowances:
Benefits:

Health Insurance
Annual Salary Increase (if applicable)
Annual and Sick leave
Annual Bonus

Allowance (as applicable):

Transportation Allowance
Meal Allowance
Miscellaneous Allowance
Housing Allowance

Taxes:

The Mission emphasize to its employees of the fact that they are obliged to observe Nigerian Laws, including those concerning income and related tax obligations. Payment of such taxes is a matter between the individual employee and the Nigerian Government. In the absence of a specific international agreement, the U.S. Government will not withhold local taxes from an employee’s salary.

Application Closing Date
4th September, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:

Application for US Federal Employment (DS - 174) ; or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS - 174;
Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g.transcripts, degrees, NYSC certificate/exemption etc.)
A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Limit all electronic (e-mail) submission to one entry/email not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Offers must be received by the closing date and time specified in Section I, item 3, and submitted to the Point of Contact in Section IV.
To ensure consideration of offers for the intended position, Offerors must prominently reference the Solicitation number in the offer submission.

Submit Application to: Abujahr@usaid.gov

Click here to download Application Form for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) (PDF 1.78 MB)

Note

Per this scoring rubric, Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities are the most important factors. Applications will initially be screened for conformity with minimum requirements and a short list of applicants developed.
USAID reserves the right to interview only the highest ranked applicants in person or by phone OR not to interview any candidate.
After the closing date for receipt of applications, a committee will be convened to review applications and evaluate them in accordance with the evaluation criteria. Applications from candidates which do not meet the required selection criteria will not be scored. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No response will be sent to unsuccessful applicants.
As part of the selection process, finalist candidates may be interviewed either in person or by telephone at USAID’s discretion. Reference checks will be made only for applicants considered as finalists. If an applicant does not wish USAID to contact a current employer for a reference check, this should be stated in the applicant’s cover letter, and USAID will delay such reference check pending communication with the applicant.
Only finalists will be contacted by USAID with respect to their applications.

2 Likes

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2018
contd

Job Title: Program Specialist (Surveillance) (Pos. A96092)

Announcement Number: Abuja-2018-057
Series/Grade: 0550/ FSN-10 / FS-5/5
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
The work schedule for this position is: Full time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.

Duties

Under the supervision of the Epidemiology and Surveillance Team Lead, the incumbent coordinates and manages assigned survey and disease surveillance activities in the country.
These include the design of routine disease surveillance systems with the Ministry of Health (MOH), and the conduct of large, complex surveys designed to measure HIV prevalence and other indicators of importance to evaluating the impact of HIV control programs.
S/he will provide technical or managerial oversight of the MOH, National Universities, International NGOs and private sector partners; participates in the PEPFAR Strategic Information (SI) Technical Working Group (TWG) to ensure that surveillance systems are meeting the needs of the national HIV/AIDS Program in Nigeria and that PEPFAR Nigeria program priorities are developed.
The incumbent provides technical expertise and assistance to the MOH and other participating partners in the design, implementation and strengthening of routine disease surveillance systems and the conduct of large, complex surveys designed to measure HIV prevalence and other indicator of importance to evaluating the impact of HIV control programs.
Additionally, s/he works in cooperation with GoN staff at all levels of government to apply casereporting, procedures, sentinel surveillance, and population-based surveillance methodologies to ensure that PEPFAR’s program’s objective are met; and also plays an active leadership role in the Mission’s PEPFAR TWG and/or the Multisector Technical Groups.

Qualifications and Evaluations

Education: Medical Degree (MBBS/BMBch) or Master's Degree in public health, medicine, epidemiology, demography area is required.

Requirements
Experience:

Five (5) years of public health experience in the management and development of epidemiological surveillance and/or large scale surveys of HIV/AIDS or other disease programs, inclusive of one (1) year of experience at the managerial level is required.

Job Knowledge:

Must have detailed knowledge of research methods and the collection, analysis and presentation of public health/epidemiologic data in order to plan, design, direct the implementation of and strengthen procedures for collection, analysis and dissemination of HIV/AIDS epidemiological data. This includes knowledge of the principles, theories and practices of USG and internationally recognized standards for surveillance and survey regulations and procedures.
Detailed knowledge of the host government health care system and structures including familiarity with Ministry of Health policies, program priorities and regulations is required.
Good working knowledge of team management techniques to plan, organize and direct multidisciplinary project teams and activities, as well as good working knowledge of overall administrative requirements in development and support of grants, contracts, memoranda of understanding and cooperative agreements is required.

Evaluations
Language:

Level IV (fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.

Skills and Abilities:

Strong analytical skills to readily understand and discuss new surveillance program design, management, and implementation approaches are required. This include the development of evaluation designs, use of reliable and valid instruments, and methods for data collection, analysis and reports.
Excellent oral and written communications skills are required to develop and maintain effective, sustainable working relationships with national and international working partners and to prepare substantive and analytical reporting.
Strong management skills are required to operate independently with limited direct supervision of day-to-day activities and to lead results-driven project teams and workgroups.
Excellent overall computer skills (keyboarding with both speed and accuracy) and advanced skill levels in use of at least one of the more common epidemiologic data analysis software (EPINFO, STATA, SAS, OR SPSS), as well as excellent numerical skills for manipulating and reporting statistical data is required.

Qualifications:

All applicants under consideration will be required to pass security certifications.

Marketing Statement:

We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (cool Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.

Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)

The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.

Other information
Hiring Preference Selection Process:

Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below
Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application
Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.

Hiring Preference Order:

AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
AEFM / USEFM
FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **

Important:

Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant
The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain:
The military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and
The character of service
Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights back to their agency or bureau.

For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va

Salary
NGN 11,335,349 / USD 51,007.

Application Closing Date
5th September, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit their Applications with the required documentation listed below:

Universal Application for US Federal Employment (DS - 174)
Application Letter addressing the Qualifications and Evaluations for the position
Degree (not transcript)
Certificate or License
DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)

Submit Applications to: HRNigeria@state.gov

Note

Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. Please provide a valid email address and be sure to check your email regularly during this recruitment process.
Who May Apply: All Interested / All Sources. FS-5/5 is USD 51,007 / LE is NGN 11,335,349. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2018
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action - helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps operates in over 13 states focusing on key thematic areas of humanitarian response, conflict mitigation and adolescent girls’ empowerment.

Job Title: Finance Assistant

Reference Number: ABV/OPS/2018/00007
Position Status: Full-time
Salary Level: Level 2

Program / Department Summary

The Mercy Corps Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Abuja, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance.
The Mercy Corps Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps' internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Country Director and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.

General Position Summary

Under the supervision of the Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant reconciles various bank accounts at the field, analyzes and reconciles items and provides staff with practical guidance on how to close these items.
Systematically follows up long outstanding items and long outstanding open cases for bank reconciliations. Maintains appropriate finance records for the work performed.

Essential Job Functions

Follow all Mercy Corps policies, procedures, grant compliance and documentation requirements.
Prepare and maintain filling records of all program activities and other related financial documents.
Implement and make sure all Mercy Corps Field Finance Manual, procurement, assets
Receive requests for funds from teams within program sites for activities, check and process requests.
Prepare payment authorizations. Follow-up on timely disbursement of funds to the staff in these regions.
Receive, reconcile and submit financial returns from the sub field office to Field office -finance office for account registration purposes.
Identify and follow up on outstanding obligations.
Receive, check and submit travel advance claims from field based
Check and follow up on settlement of personal telephone and sat phone bills for staff.
Keeps record of all cash, bank, advances and regularly updates
Carries out weekly cash counts and whenever requested by the Senior Finance Officer, Finance Manager, Country Director and official auditors directed by the supervisor.
Prints off all payment vouchers and matches with the documents to be filed.
Pays or receives authorized bank payments and receipts.
Makes sure all required documents are attached; calculations are correct, appropriate approvals and reviews made per the AAM before payment of any cash or bank payments.
Enters transactions to the accounting software under the supervision of the Senior Finance Officer whenever required.
Ensure compliance with GAAPs, Nigerian, US laws and standard accounting practice.
Code all expenditures following the standard chart of accounts, coded budget and record to the accounting software or recording system daily and ensure weekly review and posting.
Match invoices/receipts with payment vouchers, GRN and other required documents.
Prepare cash, bank and advances reconciliations and submit for review/approval every week and monthly.
Make sure all income taxes, withholding taxes, VAT and other taxes are withheld and paid accordingly.
Keep all finance documents and reports are properly filed, labeled and stored in a clear and easily accessible manner following FFM.
Be adaptable and flexible to take new tasks and new assignments as requested from time to time.
Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
Any Other duties as assigned

Organizational Learning:

As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.

Accountability to Beneficiaries

Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
To our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.

Accountability:

Reports Directly To: Senior Finance Officer
Works Directly With: Program , Operations , and support team, MC

Knowledge and Experience

Diploma or advanced certificate or equivalent in Accounting or Finance is required.
2 years' experience in handling cash and accounting.
Any Finance experience is preferred.
Accounting skills and experience in general ledger, journal entries, payroll, cash/bank mgt.
Computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
Excellent oral and written English skills
Willing to travel to Mercy Corps offices and take temporary assignments.

Success Factors

The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills and proven experience with capacity building.
S/he will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level.
Successful Mercy Corps team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps' policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues

Application Closing Date
23rd August, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letters in one document not more than four (4) pages long, addressing the position requirements, reference number and location to: ng-recruitment.nigeria@mercycorps.org

Note

All applications must include the position title and reference number in the subject line Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
We are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (898) (Reply)

Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 / Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 375
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.