Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,573 members, 7,917,821 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 03:56 PM

Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation (14231 Views)

THE IGBO AGENDA AGAINST THE YORUBA IN LAGOS - / Jimi Agbaje Should Desist From Making His Mandate An Igbo Agenda / APC Has No Igbo Agenda. We 'll Vote For Jonathan-ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by nagoma(m): 11:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
purpleclouds:
Ok Nagoma w'ever its clear you prefer jargon to substance cheesy
So you are a teacher/doctor/street sweeper?
But you will agree that the WHO's guidelines come from healthcare professonals right? Everyone knows you have to tailor treatments to individuals are you just now learning this?
You never answered my other question though...was Yar'dua qualified to be president?

1. WHO guidelines are prepared by highly qualified expert Doctors. But they are guidelines.
2. Qualification is always overshadowed by other interests in PDP. Yar'Adua was selected because he was terminally Ill with a kidney transplant and on immunotharapy to prevent rejection. He fitted obasanjo's plan and he was actually A decoy and a southern candidate. He was not presented by the north.
3. I am a quota teacher.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by purpleclouds: 11:45pm On Apr 15, 2013
nagoma:

1. WHO guidelines are prepared by highly qualified expert Doctors. But they are guidelines.
2. Qualification is always overshadowed by other interests in PDP. Yar'Adua was selected because he was terminally Ill with a kidney transplant and on immunotharapy to prevent rejection. He fitted obasanjo's plan and he was actually A decoy and a southern candidate. He was not presented by the north.
3. I am a quota teacher.

2 out of 3 not bad cheesy

Why is the North presenting leaders? Is that how elections are normally run?
I thought parties run not regions, plus the fact that military juntas lead by the North were in vogue for a while wouldn't you say its fair for others to get a turn? Also though PDP agreed on a rotational arangement, that arangement was never enshrined in the constitution.

What say you?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
Nagoma, why're you letting this person bully you into submission?

Just ignore the posts and go do your thing.. undecided undecided
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by purpleclouds: 12:04am On Apr 16, 2013
ShyM-X:
Nagoma, why're you letting this person bully you into submission?

Just ignore the posts and go do your thing.. undecided undecided

Says the guy who has been banned twice for fighting cheesy

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by nagoma(m): 12:05am On Apr 16, 2013
purpleclouds:
2 out of 3 not bad cheesy
Why is the North presenting leaders? Is that how elections are normally run?
I thought parties run not regions, plus the fact that military juntas lead by the North were in vogue for a while wouldn't you say its fair for others to get a turn? Also though PDP agreed on a rotational arangement, that arangement was never enshrined in the constitution.
What say you?
I never advocated for north to present a candidate. It's you who assumed that Yaradua was selected by the north. He was a PDP candidate and they rigged him into power. Military junta you would agree with me were selected by the military and all parts of the country are in the military. Aikhomu, Diya , mobolaji Johnson,akinwele Way, OBJ and thousands of others will know the answer far better than me. They and their families benefitted more from the military governments than me or my family and they are southerners.
Politicians in every democratic country have gentlemen's agreement and if they know what honor means ! They stick to those agreements. If they are not men of honor they breech the agreements. It is not new and I am not surprised this increased the mistrust and suspicion in the country. Similar agreement happened when OBJ contested. There was no northern candidate for PDP at that time or even for the opposition.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by purpleclouds: 12:08am On Apr 16, 2013
nagoma:
I never advocated for north to present a candidate. It's you who assumed that Yaradua was selected by the north. He was a PDP candidate and they rigged him into power. Military junta you would agree with me were selected by the military and all parts of the country are in the military. Aikhomu, Diya , mobolaji Johnson,akinwele Way, OBJ and thousands of others will know the answer far better than me. They and their families benefitted more from the military governments than me or my family and they are southerners.

Politicians in every democratic country have gentlemen's agreement and if they know what honor means ! They stick to those agreements. If they are not men of honor they breech the agreements. It is not new and I am not surprised this increased the mistrust and suspicion in the country. Similar agreement happened when OBJ contested. There was no northern candidate in PDP.

I may not agree entirely but I respect your opinion.
So what if PDP has a Northern candidate the North agrees with but loses to a Southerner from another party would you consider that fair?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by nagoma(m): 12:11am On Apr 16, 2013
@ purpleclouds

I have to go to bed now. You owe me some tuition fee, remember.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by nagoma(m): 12:14am On Apr 16, 2013
purpleclouds:

I may not agree entirely but I respect your opinion.
So what if PDP has a Northern candidate the North agrees with but loses to a Southerner from another party would you consider that fair?

Yes that would be fair. If the election was fair. The north voted overwhelmingly for Abiola a southern candidate against Tofa a northern candidate who lost even in his state - kano. That was the most fair election we can remember.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by purpleclouds: 12:21am On Apr 16, 2013
nagoma: @ purpleclouds

I have to go to bed now. You owe me some tuition fee, remember.

You wish cheesy
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by samkoro: 12:36am On Apr 16, 2013
nagoma: I have always thought that NOI was detribalized international Nigerian but this lecture has convinced me beyond doubt that she is just another Igbo bigot , with more education than most.

I think u are the bigot here.Reason is that ur imagination is so clouded with bigotery that u cannot reason thru a plane,simple and sincere explaination given by NOI.

U live with acute paranoia;the type that eats of ur body and soul.Seeing Ghosts where there are non.

Is a pithy that u have Neco certificate and desires to be the DG of NSE thru quota system.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 16, 2013
sbeezy8:

its a very good example, as i said EVERYONE has a price, and i am saying everyone has a price regardless of tribe, seems you are making my post about igbos ONLY which is not whats stated, it seems you can read but cant comprehend EVERYONE HAS A PRICE REGARDLESS OF ETHNICITY, and 99% of people are criminals in the making

Wow everything I wrote flew over your head. undecided
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by nagoma(m): 7:33am On Apr 16, 2013
samkoro:
I think u are the bigot here.Reason is that ur imagination is so clouded with bigotery that u cannot reason thru a plane,simple and sincere explaination given by NOI.
U live with acute paranoia;the type that eats of ur body and soul.Seeing Ghosts where there are non.
Is a pithy that u have Neco certificate and desires to be the DG of NSE thru quota system.

And who is this slowpoke coming into our conversation this late? We have discussed and all have agreed that she is well educated but has the Igbo egocentric character and has not brought the expected changes in Nigerian system. Some believe that she has joined the PDP corrupt brigade .so what is your problem?You want to take us back because you are a late comer small Igboling?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by samkoro: 7:37am On Apr 16, 2013
chi4ik: The perception people has against igbo's in this nation is very awful, igbo's aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ hard-working, Educated A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ business oriented! A̶̲̥̅♏ with objection τ̅ђa̶̲̥̅̊t igbo's love money A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ can kill because of money! Let me ask, who hate money? No matter ♓☺w the hatred escalate, igbo's aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ still united A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ progressive than any other tribe in Nigeria! If U̶̲̥̅̊ doubt, check the ecenomy of any easthern state A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ their development A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ compaire t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ any other tribe/state in Nigeria! Long live Igbo's, long live my tribe A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ igbo till l die A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ even in my next world. Shalom

Who no like money? I love money and I work legitimately for it .Any business man that does not like money should just quit,period.

The truth and irony is that when you list 100 biggest looters of public fund in the history of this country,you will hardly find the name of an Igbo man there.So all these are just Nairalamd propaganda.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by scampy(m): 7:48am On Apr 16, 2013
euromilion:

For ur information she is not even an ibo woman.

If she is nt Igbo, why is she callin herself Igbo?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by uglybetty: 9:13am On Apr 16, 2013
Am sorry,but I trust no one.I feel she is becoming Corrupt.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 16, 2013
scampy:

If she is nt Igbo, why is she callin herself Igbo?

That woman has an agenda,she need d ibo's on her side.mark my word,she'll be Nigeria first woman leader.

She is from ogwashi-uku not asaba.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Ogomgirl(f): 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
Nice article. Merit is key. For those who feel her emphasis on the Igbo's supporting each other messed up the statement I would just like to say that she is Igbo. She cannot change it. She is a Nigerian but she is of the igbo tribe. I don't see how her acceptance of this fact makes her evil. She has accepted who she is and believes in being objective. That is something that we all should emulate.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by alexchiny: 1:33pm On Apr 16, 2013
euromilion:

That woman has an agenda,she need d ibo's on her side.mark my word,she'll be Nigeria first woman leader.

She is from ogwashi-uku not asaba.

You should be ashamed of yourself, you bloody bigot. She is IGBO (Most Ogwashi-ukwu people are). Deal with it or go and hang your miserable self.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by zakkyboy: 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Controversial Appointments,By Olusola Daniel
Having spotted, on several sites, an article by one Yushau A. Shuaib in which the Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is accused of facilitating controversial appointments in favour of her Igbo fellows, I was alarmed by this tale by moonlight gone viral. Somehow the thesis of the article did not quite fit. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has earned a solid reputation for her fight for a better Nigeria, her passion for a united Nigeria where fairness and equity reign. How could she, as our elders say, learn how to use her left hand in her old age? It just didn’t sound right. Still, I decided to study Shuaib’s piece to see if he had any basis for making such a wild allegation.

At the end of the exercise, it was obvious that the writer, in pursuit of an unholy agenda, was on a carefully planned mission to paint this icon of integrity in bad light; thus tarnishing her sterling image among Nigerians and the international community. The evidence he presented in support of the allegations he made was flawed, his logic was distorted and his conclusion very very malicious. In other words, Mr Shuaib was telling big fat lies against an innocent woman. So, having followed the activities of Madam Finance Minister, as an observer of political events, I thought I might as well offer some thoughts to set the facts right

First of all, although Mrs Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala appears to hold a very powerful position in President Goodluck Jonathan’s cabinet, as the writer posits, we also must not ignore the fact that she doesn’t call the shots when it comes to federal appointments. Her influence, as great as it is, is very limited when it comes to matters of public appointments. Apart from the fact that she cannot intrude into areas that are not directly connected with her job responsibilities, she would be acutely aware of the grave consequences that might be engendered by her whimsical interference in such matters. Having built a global reputation for integrity and performance, she – more than anyone – would be conscious of the damage that tribalism or any form of nepotism can do, not only to her credibility but also to national cohesion – an ideal that she is known to stand for

In fact, most of the appointments cited in Mr Shuaib’s article appeared to have been made before Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala resumed office as Coordinating Minister for the Economy. This shows that his write up was nothing but a cheap hatchet job designed to achieve satanic objectives with lies. Thank God Nigerians are too smart to be fooled by such antics.

As much as we have the responsibility of keeping our leaders in check, we must be careful to do so dispassionately, without any form of prejudice. Criticisms are more effective when they are based on facts and devoid of ulterior motive. I am afraid to submit that Mr Shuaib’s piece does not pass that litmus test

*Olusola Daniel is a social critic, political observer and an advocate for community development. He writes from Lagos, Nigeria

http://newsdiaryonline.com/re-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-and-the-controversial-appointmentsby-olusola-daniel/

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by zakkyboy: 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
Merit is needed in this nation.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by brown3: 9:41am On Apr 17, 2013
guruobinna: "No matter the bashing, they will always b ahead of others..."

"...its not pride,
its just who they are!"
let be hornest to ourself. Ibos re very hard working people they re always ontop on what ever they doing. Check out all these talent show been hosted by different organisation, it is been won by ibos
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by OneNaira6: 9:54am On Apr 17, 2013
I don't know why non-delta igbo comes on this forum to yarn rubbish and try to turn SE against SS Igbo. WTF is una problem? I've asked you people this before and i'll ask it again: What year and what time did we pay una to be our spokeperson. Who are una? If we aren't all up on una business, kindly do us the same favor and butt the f2k out of our business. Unless we call for una, don't come for us. STFU and stop trying to cause wahalla for SS Igbo. WTF is una problem? Mschewwwww Ewus

@ OP
Love NOI. Her answer on point as usual. I love this woman. If not this woman is already married, have children and triple my age, I would love to marry her in a heartbeat. She oozes brilliance. Just a pride. Even if I can't share the same ancestry area as her, at least my grandmom does and I'm proud to be associated to her through that way. Of course through Igbo and anioma heritage as well. Everything about her is just pride. I would love to meet this woman one day. It's a shame she left a very good job in world bank to come become minister of finance for a f2ked up nation. A huge stepdown if you ask me. I am waiting patiently until she comes back to her sense and go back to a civilized environment (World bank) and leave uncivilized environment (Nigeria) out of her life.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by asha80(m): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2013
One_Naira: I don't know why non-delta igbo comes on this forum to yarn rubbish and try to turn SE against SS Igbo. WTF is una problem? I've asked you people this before and i'll ask it again: What year and what time did we pay una to be our spokeperson. Who are una? If we aren't all up on una business, kindly do us the same favor and butt the f2k out of our business. Unless we call for una, don't come for us. STFU and stop trying to cause wahalla for SS Igbo. WTF is una problem? Mschewwwww Ewus

@ OP
Love NOI. Her answer on point as usual. I love this woman. If not this woman is already married, have children and triple my age, I would love to marry her in a heartbeat. She oozes brilliance. Just a pride. Even if I can't share the same ancestry area as her, at least my grandmom does and I'm proud to be associated to her through that way. Of course through Igbo and anioma heritage as well. Everything about her is just pride. I would love to meet this woman one day. It's a shame she left a very good job in world bank to come become minister of finance for a f2ked up nation. A huge stepdown if you ask me. I am waiting patiently until she comes back to her sense and go back to a civilized environment (World bank) and leave uncivilized environment (Nigeria) out of her life.
funny comment.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by princeuzoh: 9:17pm On Apr 21, 2013
WHY DO YORUBAS HAVE ACIDIC HATRED FOR THE IGBOS !!!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by OsunOriginal: 9:25pm On Apr 21, 2013
princeuzoh: WHY DO YORUBAS HAVE ACIDIC HATRED FOR THE IGBOS !!!

We hate ibos because they are too uncivilized and therefore always unreasonable in discussions - whether personal or national. They always get things wrong. For example, the village monkeys are the only supporters of an inept and corrupt GEJ just because this corrupt personality is from SS. Also ibos hate northerners with passion even when about half of their population are based there and making a living - how can you be ungrateful to your hosts? How many people from other tribes are living in that hell hole called SE?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by tck2000(m): 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2019
in

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter / David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action / The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.