Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,330 members, 7,891,465 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:29 PM

Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty (15422 Views)

Well Done! Kuku Receives US Honour For Amnesty Work / Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty / N74bn Not Enough For Amnesty Programme- Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by Morgan1092(m): 11:51am On Apr 16, 2013
I knew dis was gonna happen d moment FG proposed amnesty 4 BH. Lets c hw d re going 2 handle dis. They beta bear in mind dat oda groups wil raise dia heads.
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 16, 2013
I had to recheck my calender to ensure that today is not April fool.

Our leaders are no different from clowns and imbeciles.
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 16, 2013
daik: 5,000 Repentant Abia Criminals Seek Amnesty

The House of Representatives on Monday said 5,000 repentant Abia criminals have petitioned the National Assembly, complaining of non-extension of amnesty to them.

The House said the youths were those previously involved in criminal acts, including kidnapping, who voluntarily surrendered their arms in 2010 when the state government offered them amnesty.

Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Public Petitions, Chief Uzor Azubuike, disclosed this on Monday in Umuahia, the Abia State capital, when he led members of his committee to pay courtesy call on Governor Theodore Orji shortly before they began to hear the petitions by the youths.

Meanwhile, while the hearing held, most of the Abia youths asking for amnesty besieged streets in Aba in protest.

However, Azubuike said, “We are here because of petitions by over 5000 Abia youths previously involved in criminal acts. They are complaining that they were not included in the Amnesty programme of the Federal Government.”

He said, “If they are not listened to, it has the capacity to engulf the nation into crisis. There is danger of a backslide if the youths abandoned their criminal acts and nothing is done to resettle them. It will be uncanny of the Federal Government to ignore them. The petition is a fallout of your action when you offered the youth amnesty to make them drop crime.”

The chairman commended Abia State governor for fighting crimes in the state and the ability to mange crime in the state, saying that no other government across the country has done as much as the state has done in security matters.

He also commended President Goodluck Jonathan for his youth empowerment programme, which culminated in the amnesty programme of the repentant militants.

“So we are here today to listen to those petitions from the youths from this state. Amnesty office has confirmed that they have the petitions. We are here to see how these youths can be captured in the programme,” Azubuike explained.

Receiving the committee members, Governor Orji noted that though Abia is now peaceful, there was once upon a time when it had the problem of kidnapping.

“That time, Abia became the den of kidnappers. Aba became a ghost city. Everybody ran away. I visited Abanta’s place [a member of the committee], there was nobody, they had all fled, I saw only his posters. That was the situation and we fought it. We fought them doggedly.

“We tried amnesty here. They came here and I saw them. They told us their grievances, and we acceded to their complaints and proposed amnesty to them. They accepted and we built camps. They brought their arms. They were in camps and we were planning to settle them. But when they heard that the Federal Government had provided largesse to their colleagues, they abandoned the camps.

“We took their names to the Federal Government but no response. Though they left camp, they promised that they will not make any trouble because we treated them like human beings. They maintained it till their kinpin, Osisikankwu was killed. Please, tell the Federal Government to start where we stopped.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/abia-youths-seek-amnesty-block-streets/
The Governor folo repent?
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by KingOmarion(m): 11:55am On Apr 16, 2013
Naija I hail.....pls extend it †☺ everyone.including beggers
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by nairaman66(m): 11:56am On Apr 16, 2013
Make we bet, GEJ go run comot from 9ja.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by alexchiny: 11:57am On Apr 16, 2013
Supported!!! Give them Amnesty, afterall na national cake.
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by Morgan1092(m): 12:02pm On Apr 16, 2013
Mad Cow:

LOL...
Why u d liv dis knd life? Huhhh?
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 16, 2013
dbride:

Are the northern elders not also looking for money to thieve. Afterall the 5000 repentant criminals are not faceless and they want it. Faceless boko haram have declared from their hole that they do not want amnesty. Who really are the thieves?

Both of them are thieves, where are they criminals from abia? Where do they operate?. Have in mind that I have people living in aba and I always go to aba frequently because I have some business there and I lived in that state for over 12yrs so I know what's going on in that state.
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by buklan4realyah(f): 12:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
dayokanu: [size=18pt]WHEN WOULD NIGERIANS NOW GET AMNESTY FROM POVERTY, CORRUPTION AND BAD LEADERSHIP[/size]

Abio.. stil waitingg for that sha.
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
Lol
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by prologue: 12:11pm On Apr 16, 2013
5000? Amnesty has always been a bad seed. Now all regions would want their on part of its criminal largess
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by engrjamiu(m): 12:11pm On Apr 16, 2013
Old men and women of naija go soon carry there walking stick and also ask for amnesty. Nigeria; the land where anything can happen, I hail oooooo grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
Meanwhile, while the hearing held, most of the Abia youths asking for amnesty besieged streets in Aba in protest.

I no see this one ooo. Which street in aba? Hahahahahahahaha. Clean lies. T.A Orji needs to be crucified upside down
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by POLICECAP: 12:20pm On Apr 16, 2013
If you offer boko haram amnesty for killing lives, why wunt you give amnesty to those destroying property

No little wonder the Americans don't negotiate with terrorist

MASSOB go soon com their own
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by Demdem(m): 12:24pm On Apr 16, 2013
We are finally becoming a banana republic under the retardeen
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by kufreabasi(m): 12:25pm On Apr 16, 2013
OPC, where una dey? President should get set to pay amnesty till he leaves office. How on earth can those calling themselves elites push you to grant amnesty to people that doesn't have any reasons for wasting thousands of innocence souls without no just cause? Since you are welled ready to waste Nigerian money recalcitrance groups, you will pay more.
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by kabba7(m): 12:25pm On Apr 16, 2013
oluchi jud: everybody's seeking amnesty dese days.veri soon graduates would start seeking amnesty for committing a crime of attending nigerian Universities.

The government should urgently put thier names on the militants pay roll after all they are one people a criminal is a criminal
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by Nacl: 12:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
ALL NIGERIAN PRISON GATES SHOULD JUST BE FLUNG OPEN FOR EVERYBODY TO ENJOY AMNESTY...
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by Ossaifamous(m): 12:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
yes nw must they ve bomb before u give them amnesty
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by Princelyod(m): 12:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
...nw thats one thing about nigerians,they abuse every privilege...Amnesty as practiced in every othercountry around the world has never been abused as its presently being abused in nigeria?
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by gratiaeo(m): 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
Yes amnesty is good for criminals.
What is good for awolowo is good for alams
What is good for Niger deltas criminals is good for Abia criminals
What is good for boko is good for kidnapper
Imagine God is forgiving your sin everyday, by the virtue of forgiving sin means amnesty.
For accepting to be born in Nigeria, you need amnesty, its your birth right, ask for it, don't allow anybody to intimidate you.
Don't discourage anybody who is fighting for his birth right (amnesty)
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by dbride: 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
gboss4sure:

Both of them are thieves, where are they criminals from abia? Where do they operate?. Have in mind that I have people living in aba and I always go to aba frequently because I have some business there and I lived in that state for over 12yrs so I know what's going on in that state.

Bros, we all know. If a leader is weak, anarchy becomes his boss even in a family setup.

1 Like

Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by toshmann(m): 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
I slept with my wife's best friend.
I stole my wife's wedding ring and used it for gambling.
I even slapped her sister for not letting me sleep with her.

I'm a criminal cheesy
Pls where's my amnesty? angry
I need $1million for rehab wink
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by StarblackM: 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
They better go back to their former life...Useless pple.
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
We also have repentant criminals in the southwest of nigeria especially those yahoo-yahoo and ritual killers littered over there. Fg should grant amnesty to them cos they need it the more. undecided
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by otokx(m): 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2013
Granted
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by Abbey2sam(m): 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2013
Best JOKE in 2013
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by toshmann(m): 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2013
nne3870: We also have repentant criminals in the southwest of nigeria especially those yahoo-yahoo and ritual killers littered over there. Fg should grant amnesty to them cos they need it the more. undecided
Ah, that reminds me, I also used our cat for rituals shocked

I'm a criminal cheesy
I need amnesty grin
With $1million cool
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by fuckluv(f): 12:37pm On Apr 16, 2013
Mad Cow:

LOL...
blink182: Lol
Abeg make me too add ma own...LOL
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by gratiaeo(m): 12:37pm On Apr 16, 2013
I support all the NURTW (Agberos) south west chapters to rise up and demand for their own amnesty
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by DJDOLA(m): 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2013
WERE IS CAMEROONPRIDE...I WEEP FOR NAIJA THINGS
Re: Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty by gratiaeo(m): 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2013
toshmann: I slept with my wife's best friend.
I stole my wife's wedding ring and used it for gambling.
I even slapped her sister for not letting me sleep with her.

I'm a criminal cheesy
Pls where's my amnesty? angry
I need $1million for rehab wink
You need amnesty from devil

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northern Youths To Withdraw Quit Notice Today / Bola Tinubu Wishes Yemi Osinbajo A Happy 65th Birthday / Obasanjo's Attack On Buhari Is Undignified - Senator Adamu

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.