Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,494 members, 7,968,355 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 05:04 AM

Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges (10675 Views)

ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation / Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 / Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by AlhajiPastor: 3:16pm On Apr 16, 2013
AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING THIS...UNCLE JONA NO WEAR SHOE FOR THE OTHER LEG, NA ONLY SOX I DEY SEE SO.
Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by Imyourex(m): 4:05pm On Apr 16, 2013
I hope he has brought Strong machines that Can Break That Zuma rock so he can get more stones to repair the bridges.
Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by Tolexander: 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
ifeness:

that quote has been long before it was ever written in the bible
can you provide the writer and date?
Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by amiskurie(m): 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2013
Henry okah mens are waiting for him sha.what an opportunity!
Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by Tolexander: 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
solomon111: yes,they is no evidence yet of alquaeda involvement with bokoharam, but you can't rule that out given the scale and sophistication of their attacks.
And unless we want to deceive ourselves,we will agree that Mend is a child's play when compared to bokoharam.
Afterall,human life cannot be compared to oil revenues.
you made me laugh in niger delta militant! Boko haram made themselves what they are cos there is no government to cut them to their sizes.
Niger delta militants have the money and sophisticated weapons to outdo boko haram menace.
The only thing you should have told me to convince me is that the issue of boko haram is political and has a strong political back up.
Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by sheriffman(m): 4:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
This is just a reception for falling in line in sentencing Okah for the October 1st bombing.
Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by Sheriffc(m): 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2013
The low quality of comments on this tread on President Zuma' visit to Nigeria has shown the level of intelligence of a typical Nigerian youth- I believe most commenters here are fall within the age range of youth.
How can you read the article upside down? How can you read silly meanings to every happenings in the country? Imagine, nobody even commented on the economics data reeled out in the article and how such data would or might affect the future of Nigeria and Nigerians; or even atleast checking the verity of the data would have been sensible. All I see as comments show our pettiness, and shallow 'I must comment' braggadocios which even expose more of the empty-headedness of a typical Nigerian youth.
Leave GEJ, discuss the essence, importance and the benefit of Mr Zuma's visit to both countries.
Oga fuyin o!

3 Likes

Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 16, 2013
Alhaji Pastor :
AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING THIS...UNCLE JONA NO WEAR SHOE FOR THE OTHER LEG, NA ONLY SOX I DEY SEE SO.
its called shoe-sox lipsrsealed
Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by OmoTier1(m): 6:33pm On Apr 16, 2013
solomon111: I disagree with the article in respect to the mali situation.
The Nigerian army have not been relegated to the background,the move was purely tactical.
Btw we can't compare the foreign policy of OBJ with GEJ,without taking one salient fact into consideration.
Nigeria is currently facing the worst internal insurgence in its history.
You don't expect GEJ to focus its military in
foreign lands when we have myriads of terrorist attacks back home to counter.
OBJ never had bokoharam insurgence during his tenure,so the military were not distracted by internal insurgence ,which is why they were able to fully focus and forcefully exert themselves in peace enforcing /peace keeping.
Oh.. was MEND not terrorizing Nigerians and Nigeria during Obasanjo's reign? You clowns will always come up with excuses to defend a President that does not have a sense of inkling of what the position He occupies means.
Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by Kairoseki77: 7:14pm On Apr 16, 2013
Paul John: President Jacob Zuma will meet President Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja and then host him next month during a full-blown state visit to South Africa

http://www.bdlive.co.za/africa/africannews/2013/04/15/zuma-visits-nigeria-to-mend-bridges

[size=30pt]FULL BLOWN AIDS![/size]

1 Like

Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by idriis: 9:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
gboss4sure:

The fisherman can buy your entire generation.
with our money abi?

1 Like

Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by Nobody: 5:03am On Apr 17, 2013
I dunno if I sound odd but I am liking the furniture smiley
Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by graphicsplay: 6:07am On Apr 17, 2013
MR ZUMA, FLASH ME YOUR LIGHT

Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by sweetgala(m): 9:07am On Apr 17, 2013
solomon111: I disagree with the article in respect to the mali situation.
The Nigerian army have not been relegated to the background,the move was purely tactical.
Btw we can't compare the foreign policy of OBJ with GEJ,without taking one salient fact into consideration.
Nigeria is currently facing the worst internal insurgence in its history.
You don't expect GEJ to focus its military in
foreign lands when we have myriads of terrorist attacks back home to counter.
OBJ never had bokoharam insurgence during his tenure,so the military were not distracted by internal insurgence ,which is why they were able to fully focus and forcefully exert themselves in peace enforcing /peace keeping.

Very true words, however I think the dynamics of the BH insurgency would have been different if OBJ was in charge. He has some very strong Northern connections and would deal a lot more ferociously military wise.

OBJ has a way with strong-arm tactics.
Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 10:52am On Apr 17, 2013
@Londoner
Joystick face follow this link.

BRIDGE CITY PROJECT(Mixed housing:malls,magistrate court,hospital,schools,trade zone,parks,houses etcc) built for the masses/the poor. This project is under construction in an area that lives Indians and blacks townships we're REDIFING TOWNSHIPS changing them into suburbs and towns.

http://www.bridgecity.co.za/about-bridge-city/maps-location/
Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 11:42am On Apr 17, 2013
AFRICAS RECENT OIL FINDINGS might affect Nigerias oil prices(might force them to drink it) grin

CENTRAL AFRICA
DRC,Congo Brazzaville,Gabon,Equitorial Guinea all have oil. I wont dwell on them. wink

EAST AFRICA OIL
This regions population has overtaken west africa is projected to double the size of west africa in 2050.
Kenya=10 billion barrels
Ethiopia=2 billion barrels untapped
Somalia=11 billion barrels unapped(Italy is back offering em help to rebuild their country).
Tanzania=5 billion barrels

SOUTHERN AFRICA OIL
Namibia=18-166 billion of original oil(seen as next Norway)
South Africa=12-30 billion barrels untapped secret, built Mthombo and Coega for this.
Mozambique=17 billion barrels
Madagascar=21 billion barrels untapped

Videocon's Mozambique block finds 17bn barrels of oil
Markets And Macros at 14 March 2013 11:00 am
SHARE . EMAIL . PRINT . A+

Gas company Anadarko has discovered a substantial quantity of gas in two gas wells off the coast of Mozambique. India's Videocon and BPCL, both have 10% stake in those gas wells and it is being considered as one of the largest gas finds in the world.

Anadarko informed that its Atum Discovery Well encountered 92 metres gas pay. Atum and Golfinho gas wells are also believed to hold 10-30 Tcf of gas. The company further told that the offshore Area I Recoverable Resource is approaching 100 Tcf of gas.

In an interview with CNBC-TV18, Venugopal Dhoot, CMD, Videocon is elated with the discovery and says that it is indeed a very good news for the country . He said that the exploration could lead to the procurement of as much as 17 billion barrels of oil and India is eligible for a 20% share.

Dhoot further added that the Rovuma Area I is one of the largest ever gas finds globally. However, only two-third of Rovuma's area has been drilled and further drilling is expected in the second half of CY12. Although, the company has not fixed any timeline for oil and gas demerger, Dhoot calculates the NPV(Net Present Value) of Videocon's stake in the Mozambique block at USD 6.5 billion.

Below is the edited transcript of the interview on CNBC-TV18. Also watch the accompanying videos.

Q: Can you tell us about the discovery off the coast of Mozambique? What is the amount that Anadarko is talking about?

A: It's a very good news for India. India will be having 20% of the gas. Anadarko said that about 60 tcf of gas has been found and it is approaching the recoverable 60 trillion and it is approaching towards 100 trillion recovered reserve. It is equal to 17 billion barrels of oil and Videocon and BPCL both have 20% share in the gas well.

It's a very big find and very big news. I should say this is one of the largest gas find in the world as on today and from the beginning Mozambique field has been very successful to Videocon and it started from 10 Tcf and now it is talking about 100 Tcf. This is enviable to any gas producer in the world.

Q: Just wanted to come down with regards to the 10% stake that Videocon holds in this oil discovery. What exactly would it value your stake at this point in time and give us a sense in terms of the modalities of the possible demerger of your oil and gas business? Where would all of this stand now?

A: That demerger will come later. I think NPV calculation at today's rate should come to around USD 6.5 billion for Videocon. It's a great news. It's a great success. That should be the value and our other partners would also benefit.

This is just the beginning. Just one-third area of Mozambique has been discovered so far. Mozambique is now approaching to be as big as Qatar and it is good news for Videocon and India.
Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 11:57am On Apr 17, 2013
@Mudfaces
As we speak 112million people in Naija live below $1 a day. Over 80 million or half of Nigerias population live in RURAL AREAS/VILLAGE boys(where theres poor roads,no electricity,poor education etc..). Am sure this makes ya'll feel better heyPOOR GIANTS wanna be. Their HDI index is still low... In HIV AIDS a research by a Nigerian Prof in UCT and Indian research institute shows Nigeria and India will overtake SA in HIV AIDS by 2016 onwards.

Pls ask me to bring this source
Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by Sheriffc(m): 10:06am On Apr 21, 2013
AwodwaGyanOniwe: @Mudfaces
As we speak 112million people in Naija live below $1 a day. Over 80 million or half of Nigerias population live in RURAL AREAS/VILLAGE boys(where theres poor roads,no electricity,poor education etc..). Am sure this makes ya'll feel better heyPOOR GIANTS wanna be. Their HDI index is still low... In HIV AIDS a research by a Nigerian Prof in UCT and Indian research institute shows Nigeria and India will overtake SA in HIV AIDS by 2016 onwards.

Pls ask me to bring this source

It is very save to call you a 'daily mail economist'....Though, the Nigerian situation is unfortunate and not somewhat shameful, distorting facts to make it gravelling is fraud in itself.

You said "As we speak 112million people in Naija live below $1 a day." That is very incorrect as the source you got your information from had long reviewed it facts. How much is a dollar in Nigeria? Check the facts again bro.
You also said "Over 80 million or half of Nigerias population live in RURAL AREAS/VILLAGE ". I think it would have been sensible to quote a source instead of making flat statements. 80million Nigerians in the rural areas? I doubt that data!...
Re: Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges by jidewin(m): 6:32pm On Apr 21, 2013
Sheriff©:

It is very save to call you a 'daily mail economist'....Though, the Nigerian situation is unfortunate and not somewhat shameful, distorting facts to make it gravelling is fraud in itself.

You said "As we speak 112million people in Naija live below $1 a day." That is very incorrect as the source you got your information from had long reviewed it facts. How much is a dollar in Nigeria? Check the facts again bro.
You also said "Over 80 million or half of Nigerias population live in RURAL AREAS/VILLAGE ". I think it would have been sensible to quote a source instead of making flat statements. 80million Nigerians in the rural areas? I doubt that data!...
Bruv,why reply him,just ignore and let him enjoy his posting while he reads it all over by himself or haven't you noticed all his posts on nairaland?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kogi 2023: Don’t Follow Strangers, Hold On To Tested, Trusted Leaders - Tinubu / Tompolo Gets NUJ Award, Says He Will Ensure Increased Oil Production / Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.