Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,123 members, 7,900,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:16 AM

Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA (10719 Views)

Court Sends Adamawa Ex-commissioner To 10 Years In Prison For Embezzlement / Rochas Okorocha’s Son Graduates Frm University Of Manchester With First Class / 2015: APC Gives Automatic Ticket To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by gbokukueba(m): 9:36pm On Apr 16, 2013
cool grin
bilms: AAUA CONVOCATION: Mimiko gives automatic employment to 10 First Class graduates.

The VC, who revealed that the alumni of the school were doing excellently well in various fields all around the world, maintained that the school would not relent on hardwork and discipline in order to achieve the goals of excellence.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/8090-aaua-convocation-mimiko-gives-automatic-employment-to-10-first-class-graduates
bilms: [b]AAUA CONVOCATION: Mimiko gives automatic employment to 10 First Class graduates.

The VC, who revealed that the alumni of the school were doing excellently well in various fields all around the world, maintained that the school would not relent on hardwork and discipline in order to achieve the goals of excellence.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/8090-aaua-convocation-mimiko-gives-automatic-employment-to-10-first-class-graduates
[/b]
bilms: AAUA CONVOCATION: Mimiko gives automatic employment to 10 First Class graduates.

True i can attest to that yours truly inclusive
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by chuckdee4(m): 10:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
eaglechild:
He actually made a point, not minding his haughtiness.

Thank God reasonable people still exist on Nairaland
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by chuckdee4(m): 10:41pm On Apr 16, 2013
adim2:
Guy if at this level u can't comprehend a fellow man's point of argument then, i don't think you are an intellectual. I have been following ur lines of arguments but in the cause of such you have resorted to using foul languages where as you are not making any point. Its seems you do not understand the politics of education in nigeria. He has no where nor in anyway accused the first class graduates but he has laid emphasis on technical know how also. So next time when arguing don't be force to make hasty conclusion its defeats ur research. For ur information in as much as we are happy with the first graduates, it doesn't mean that they are more intelligent that any individual cos intelligence varies.

Help me tell him o, this is what you get on Nairaland these days, people insulting you when they don't understand the point you're trying to make
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Creamish(f): 8:23am On Apr 17, 2013
adim2:
Guy if at this level u can't comprehend a fellow man's point of argument then, i don't think you are an intellectual. I have been following ur lines of arguments but in the cause of such you have resorted to using foul languages where as you are not making any point. Its seems you do not understand the politics of education in nigeria. He has no where nor in anyway accused the first class graduates but he has laid emphasis on technical know how also. So next time when arguing don't be force to make hasty conclusion its defeats ur research. For ur information in as much as we are happy with the first graduates, it doesn't mean that they are more intelligent that any individual cos intelligence varies.

Smart. Was just wondering what necessitated all that foul speech . . Kudos to the governor as well as those who truly made the 1st class based on intelligence. Heard some 1st class graduates are yet to get employed cos they r unable to defend their grade . . .except it was forged or bought, i dont c how dat is possible considering the red carpet such graduates receive. .

@Chuckdee . . some valid pointers there . . smiley
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 17, 2013
This is so stupid and a waste of resources. They are first class graduates for crying out loud. Its best you send them abroad on scholarship even up to phd level... steal some reasonable ideas/technology, come back and develop this country...

[size=18pt]MIMIKO... Think better man.. U are my state governor oh... But please dont prove to be a disgrace even if you are trying abeg.[/size]
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by adim2(m): 11:29am On Apr 17, 2013
Creamish:

Smart. Was just wondering what necessitated all that foul speech . .
Like i said intelligence varies and its not quantifiable. One would be forced to conclude that our grand mothers at home are illiterate right? But yet there are some certain things/issues that we still run to them for help. There is no agreed definition to any subject matter and intelligence is not an exception. Some might be intelligent in research, while others in practical works. For some its copy and paste (the indian movie three idiots) while other might want to know little of everything. Some might concentrate on a given area and make their names on that. No matter how you see it, believe you me or not a first class material, let say in schools like OAU, UNN,U.I might not make first class in AAUA. Then one might want to ask, are they not intelligent? Let us try and reason further. Like i said am not jealous of the first people they worked. Am looking at the society at large but come to think of it, do you know what is called politics of nigerian education? I bet many of our graduate do not understand this and then we hearty clap and cheer our professors and yet they devalue us under the pretence of educating us. They stereotype us and in the society, we are branded with many names and tags such as half baked graduates, unemployable graduates, let my people go graduates. Can i ask you a question. Supposing these first class candidates goes for an external exam and due to one factor or the other didn't perform well, will you say he or she is not intelligent? But how do you think the society at large will view such person? Wouldn't they hastily conclude that the school produces half baked graduates. The statement i made were not fouled but carefully selected by me.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by adim2(m): 11:36am On Apr 17, 2013
For example somebody like soyinka was branded a failure and has nothing to offer but now we celebrate him because another man had shown us what soyinka can do. Had it been he was not opportune to travel out, do you think people would have seen him as an intelligent man? Do you think nigerian's would have given him chance to excel academically? But now we cheer him and proudly associate ourselves with him cos a white man refined him and made him excel in academic, they showed us the intelligence level of soyinka we did not see here in nigeria. Have u ever wonder why these people are quick to shout REMARK when good grades flows in a particular course? And then quickly praise a lecturer if they see lots of F's? Would you conclude that all the students are not intelligent? Making such statement means one has committed fallacy of IGNORANTIO ELENCHI.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Creamish(f): 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
adim2: For example somebody like soyinka was branded a failure and has nothing to offer but now we celebrate him because another man had shown us what soyinka can do. Had it been he was not opportune to travel out, do you think people would have seen him as an intelligent man? Do you think nigerian's would have given him chance to excel academically? But now we cheer him and proudly associate ourselves with him cos a white man refined him and made him excel in academic, they showed us the intelligence level of soyinka we did not see here in nigeria. Have u ever wonder why these people are quick to shout REMARK when good grades flows in a particular course? And then quickly praise a lecturer if they see lots of F's? Would you conclude that all the students are not intelligent? Making such statement means one has committed fallacy of IGNORANTIO ELENCHI.

I am totally inluv with ur posts! makes so much sense . . cheesy
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by adim2(m): 12:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
Creamish:

I am totally inluv with ur posts! makes so much sense . . cheesy

Thanks dear. The famous psychologist Sigmund Freud said give me ten children and i will train them to become what i want them to be. A thief, a medical doctor name it. I take time watching animal documentaries and if you carefully study this animals you will also know that they are intelligent. The predators are becoming smart hunter while the prey are becoming smart runners. A proverb by Nsa the bird says "since the hunters have learnt how to shot without missing, he has learnt how to fly without perching". That is intelligence
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Creamish(f): 12:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
TRUE!

Summary . . no one is discrediting our 1st class graduates. We wuld appreciate if courtesy is also extended to those without it cos experience has taught me that theoretical intelligence differs from that of the practical. Some people are unable to express their knowledge well in writing but if u put them on the practical job, they excel sometimes even better than those with better grades.
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by adim2(m): 1:41pm On Apr 17, 2013
Yes. There are some people that can do wonders with computer but if you ask them some certain questions that they are familiar with they will not be able to explain.
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by jostking: 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
Lilimax: First class is fast becoming like pure water in Nigerian Universities. I am not moved at all....
Haba 10 first class grad out of over 5000 and you said its becoming like pure water...It only show you don't understand natin abt percentage, men dats a thrifling 0.002%. Habaa
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by daakins(m): 10:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
see how all dis people dey yab my alma-mata....for yur info,..A.A.U.A was the best state school according to n.u.c in terms of academics..for year 2005 nd 2006...yu dat said aaua is not in world ranking...a.a.u.a has represented dis same naija in west africa university games...nd won 3 gold, 4silver and a bronze....dats for short...nd dis same aaua is holding d global enterpreneurship forum next year...dats just for d start...aaua is on d world map...bro...i rep...
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by chatom143: 5:19am On Apr 18, 2013
A 21st Century University, properly called!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omokri: Alleged Source Denies Saharareporters, Doubts Authenticity / Supreme Court Judgement: We’ve Accepted Defeat – Matawalle’s Camp / Amina Gu’ar: We’ve Spent N12.26 Billion To Feed School Children In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.