Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,087 members, 7,880,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:22 PM

Calling For A State Of Emergency In The Education Sector - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Calling For A State Of Emergency In The Education Sector (623 Views)

When The Devil Comes Calling.... / The Future Is Calling!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Calling For A State Of Emergency In The Education Sector by Onyegecha(f): 11:26am On Apr 17, 2013
Please, i want the powers that be in this ailing country to come down from their high horses and face reality. We have lost our youth and it's time to get serious and rescue what we can. A governor decided to conduct a test for the best performing pupils in the First School Leaving Certificate in his state?(Akwa Ibom). He was shocked to discover that out of the best pupils selected from all the public schools in the state, nine could not write their names. Among those who could write their names, majority did not score up to 5 percent in the test. We know it is the same everywhere in this nation, yet we keep deceiving ourselves.

Since WAEC started, i have seen expo being advertised on this site. I am pained. Where are the people that are supposed to lead this nation? Are not aware of what is happening and the implications of this trend on our development? Why is this conspiracy of silence allowed to continue? Haba! Too bad.
Re: Calling For A State Of Emergency In The Education Sector by obyrich(m): 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
@OP please move this to the educational or career section.

Nigeria will reap the fruit of her wickedness to the youth in the near future. I'm sure those children have people whose responsibility it is to teach them. But rather than do so, they prefer to engage them in exam malpractice at such an early stage in their educational career to cover up their laxity. The examination malpractice business is one big employer of many Nigerian graduates and undergraduates today. Many so called private schools are no more than miracle centers. This nation is dying gradually. Our leaders would prefer to have stolen billions stashed away in their accounts, buried in underground pits or water storage (GEEPEE)tanks rather than invest in education. My many years of teaching experience in private secondary schools in South East Nigerian as well as NYSC teaching experience in the South West has convinced me that the quality of Nigerian post-primary education is fast on the decline.

(1) (Reply)

Before We Are Buried / Nigeria Senior Advocate Stripped Of His Rank: 27.2.13 / The Newbie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.