Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,883 members, 7,879,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 03:28 AM

No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner (10235 Views)

Assassination Attempt On Ekweremadu / Abuja Police Trains Officers, Urges Installation Of CCTV In Homes, Public Places / Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by apala911: 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
The Commissioner of Police in the Federal Capital Territory, Olufemi Ogunbayo, has stated categorically that there was no assassination attempt on politician and activist, Dino Melaye. Mr. Melaye had claimed – in a story that went viral on social media – that his vehicle was attacked on Monday night in Abuja’s Central Business District.

“The car was said to have parked few meters away from his and the next thing he (Mr. Melaye) heard was a loud sound which he taught was a gunshot. Dino Melaye never said the shot was aimed at him,” the police chief said in an interview with Premium Times today.

According to the report:

The police boss narrated what Mr. Melaye reported to the police. He said the lawmaker said he was on his way home from the National Hospital, Abuja in his air conditioned car, all windows wound up, and was listening to a cool music when he noticed a range rover sport golf car drive past his.

Mr. Ogunbayo said, “The police have gone to the scene of the crime and we could not find any car parked there; no trace of shells on the ground.”

“And there is car dealer store at the area which we went to ask if they heard any gunshot and they said no they never heard any gunshot,” he added.

The police boss said further investigation showed that Mr. Melaye’s car window is not bullet proof; and if there was a gunshot it would have penetrated straight into the car and he would have been shot dead. He said the window has a sign of a crack on it, which could have been a result of the loud sound.

“If they had wanted to kill Dino, they do not need to drive and park meters away from Dino’s car before shooting, they would have just blocked his car and shoot him at the spot, so that cannot be called an attempted assassination. And how then is it possible for you to be in your car wind up enjoying the air condition and a very cool music and then you hear a gunshot?” he said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/129941-there-was-no-assassination-attempt-on-dino-melaye-abuja-police-commissioner-says.html
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2013
Dino or NPF .... Who dey lie nw
1st to comment though... I knw I would get there one day!!!

1 Like

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by israel007: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
fear wan wound am. El-Rufai tweeted it. i personally saw it but didn't believe. na wa o

1 Like

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
I talk am before say this one na APC arranged. Who do they want to fool?
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by yomalex(m): 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2013
interesting I must say
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Oxone(m): 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2013
i've always been suspicious of that dino guy.

i wouldnt be surprised to find out he staged this to get media attention and public sympathy!

6 Likes

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2013
Why am I not suprised. Dino is a publicity hound and a fraud with fading relevance.

1 Like

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by hrmkz: 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2013
Naija with different paroles...

who is trustworhty among DINO and Naija police.
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Bolt2011(m): 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
Pele o, Politheifcian and Actheifist

Thank God it was an attempt.
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by EveryLadY(f): 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
SOMEBODY POINTED OUT IT LOOKED STAGED EARLIER O. NAIJA PEEP SELF.ANYTHING FOR ATTENTION AND DECEIVING GULLIBLE FOLKS.
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Akpaife(m): 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2013
Ok sir we don hear
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Okijajuju1(m): 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Super1759: 4:13pm On Apr 17, 2013
I never believed that crook dino. When I saw the news,I knew it was a lie...the way he denied one pregnancy and the matter ended till date
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by EASY39(m): 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2013
haa na wa 4 mr hell-rufai for twitting and brocastn fake news

1 Like

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by imperiouxx(m): 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2013
EASY 39: haa na wa 4 mr hell-rufai for twitting and brocastn fake news

Dino I know well, he no get bullet proof automobile but everlasting rally bicycle for distributing em palmi. Where you guys get info say dem dey shoot am sef? El rufi sef dey drink em palmi. So wetin you expect.

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by trix1: 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
apala911:

According to the report:

The police boss narrated what Mr. Melaye reported to the police. He said the lawmaker said he was on his way home from the National Hospital, Abuja in his air conditioned car, all windows wound up, and was listening to a cool music when he noticed a range rover sport golf car drive past his.

When did Land rover start making Range rover sport Golf?

6 Likes

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Finland(m): 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
apala911:

a range rover sport golf car drive past his.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/129941-there-was-no-assassination-attempt-on-dino-melaye-abuja-police-commissioner-says.html
Please what kinda of car is that o! RANGE ROVER SPORT "GOLF" grin

1 Like

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by AkinDavid2: 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2013
So Oga Police you wan make the guy die first before confirming the story.. undecided
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2013
Dino is the New Rick Ross. Lol

4 Likes

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by ZACHIE: 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2013
both the accuser and accused are deaf, dumb and mute.
unintelligent lot
but, the police seem to be a wee smarter than our bomb peddling superhero
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by theozobby(m): 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2013
The thirst was real
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by rozayx5(m): 4:18pm On Apr 17, 2013
ok
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by theozobby(m): 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
Finland:
Please what kinda of car is that o! RANGE ROVER SPORT "GOLF" grin
the Range rover spot is silent that's all

1 Like

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by ednut1(m): 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2013
mr Dino, thunder fire ur left yansh
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by jeffizy(m): 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
Oga Policía, who are you to determine where the assassin wants to strike? Did you order them?
Instead of investigating, you are assuming.
Na one of the assasins dey find u below o,oga police

2 Likes

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
elkol: Dino or NPF .... Who dey lie nw
1st to comment though... I knw I would get there one day!!!
THEY R BOTH LIARS
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by ZACHIE: 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2013
who said you cannot be in your car, windows wound up, a/c blazing and listening to cool music and still be able to hear a gunshot?
yes, you can, olopa!

2 Likes

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2013
Is it that our journalist don't drive cars or wat? This can only be written by someone from the village, whos never been in a car! Wtf! Is range rover golf car
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by wellmax(m): 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2013
But seriously this police story makes no sense at all

1 Like

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by orlaryhincah2: 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by honeric01(m): 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
So assasins are suppose to block him before killing him, they don't park?

Secondly, did that mirror break itself?

And the 'sound' they are talking about came from where and what from their findings?

1 Like

Re: No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
who are we to belief among these three men now?........
Would it be DINO MELAYE
Would it be EL_RUFAI
Would it be THE POLICE OFFICER
coolBut why would DINO MELAYE want to tell such big liesssssss......
Na wah ooooooooo,eleyii gidi gan(this one is strong) cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati / Ambode Won’t Probe Fashola – APC / Igbos Not Nigerians Must Leave Ghana- Ghanian Traders After Clash 6 Arrested -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.