Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,749 members, 7,938,301 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

Pregnancy And My Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pregnancy And My Job (4343 Views)

How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry / I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! / I Want To Leave My Job For Masters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnancy And My Job by toner: 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2008
Dear Nairalanders,

Pls help me!!!!!!I am 4.5months pregnant and should be married in 2 months time.My long awaited bank job is around the corner.I’m to resume work next month.I don’t want to lose this opportunity and I’m afraid of the risk of abortion.Will the bank accept me with the pregnancy? Pls advice me on what to do.I don’t want to lose in anyway.
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by Seun(m): 1:56pm On Apr 09, 2008
Honesty is the best policy. If they are going to reject you, let them reject you. You will find another job.
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by MyPeace(f): 2:00pm On Apr 09, 2008
disadvantage of pregancy before marriage tongue tongue

Anyway, just start the work, if they eventually find out and ask you to go, atleast you would have gotten 1 to 2 months salary. This option will be gud if u are idle at the moment, but if not tell them the truth.
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by almondjoy(f): 2:18pm On Apr 10, 2008
toner:

Dear Nairalanders,

Please help me!!!!!!I am 4.5months pregnant and should be married in 2 months time.My long awaited bank job is around the corner.I’m to resume work next month.[b]I don’t want to lose this opportunity and I’m afraid of the risk of abortion.[/b]Will the bank accept me with the pregnancy? Please advice me on what to do.I don’t want to lose in anyway.

Hmmmmmmmmmm!  There will always be bank jobs but this might be your last pregnancy if you try anything foolish! angry

Or think anything foolish! Like you can place a prize on human life?  Because you want to earn 70,000Naira a month plus benefits it you can even get that kind of a deal? You are even considering an abortion because of a bank job that can fire you within a year.  Please have your baby and go from there.

You are not married, but you are having sex all over the place without protection? Even if you are engaged? Did you not know that you could become pregnant while hunting for this your almighty bank job? Of course the bank will not accept you. . .Is it not Nigeria where the bank managers expect you to keep your figure to entice old men without teeth so they can invest with them?

Oh please!

Long hisssssssssssssssssssssssss!
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by waleab: 2:25pm On Apr 10, 2008
almondjoy:

Hmmmmmmmmmm! There will always be bank jobs but this might be your last pregnancy if you try anything foolish! angry

Or think anything foolish! Like you can place a prize on human life? Because you want to earn 70,000Naira a month plus benefits it you can even get that kind of a deal? You are even considering an abortion because of a bank job that can fire you within a year. Please have your baby and go from there.

You are not married, but you are having sex all over the place without protection? Even if you are engaged? Did you not know that you could become pregnant while hunting for this your almighty bank job? Of course the bank will not accept you. . .Is it not Nigeria where the bank managers expect you to keep your figure to entice old men without teeth so they can invest with them?

Oh please!

THIS WOMAN SEF. u no dey fear anybody and your mouth dey go every where. but na true you talk here o. bank malaaaaaaaaaagers dont loose their own cut abi
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by akowonjo: 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2008
Whateva u do, don't touch dat baby or u will have me to answer to!
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by carmelily: 9:44am On Apr 11, 2008
it really amazes me that u'd even MENTION abortion. for what? a job? ha. don't even think about it. God has other plans. but as MYPEACE talk am:
MyPeace:

disadvantage of pregancy before marriage tongue tongue

all the best! smiley
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by orekinky: 12:57pm On Apr 11, 2008
Forget about your so called BANK JOB and face new life with your family to be . Abortion should be out of the plan now, you might not have any other opportunity in your life again to concieve, my dear its your cross now , face it squarely, you are not God , and dont know what he has in stock for you lipsrsealed
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by turvy: 1:49pm On Apr 11, 2008
I beleive most of us on this forum are matured; so we should be able to give our opinions without necessarily being abusive and rude .
Kindly take note madam Almondjoy!
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by deor03(m): 7:07pm On Apr 11, 2008
when has pregnancy become a disease?

Have you gone to resume and they told you to go back?

Why are you running away from what is not pursuing you?

Please sha,.,. Don't abort!
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by mailakin: 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2008
plssssssssssssss in ur widest thoughts, dont u think of murdering dat innocent great man in the making. jobs come and go; moreso u havent been told to go. god is against abortion. And 2 d rest nairalanders, we dont have 2 be abusive especially madam almondjoy.
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by almondjoy(f): 2:29pm On Apr 13, 2008
Com'on face the bloody topic you dimwits! Where did any of you see abuse in my response? Dunces!
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by orekinky: 1:22pm On Apr 14, 2008
@Almondjoy,
Hmmmmmmmmmm! There will always be bank jobs but this might be your last pregnancy if you try anything foolish!

Or think anything foolish! Like you can place a prize on human life? Because you want to earn 70,000Naira a month plus benefits it you can even get that kind of a deal? You are even considering an abortion because of a bank job that can fire you within a year. Please have your baby and go from there.

Oh please!

Posted by: almondjoy
Insert Quote
Com'on face the bloody topic you dimwits! Where did any of you see abuse in my response? Dunces!
[b][/b]

My Dear, nobody is crucifying you, only know that there are millions ways of correction without insulting ones opinions. Go thru ur response to the poor lady question, i believe no man is an island, thats why we all claim to be a NAIRALANDER, we need to be enlighten, encourage, etc by each others words of advice take note of your utterances dear.
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by chiibest(f): 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2008
Almondjoy, You are really abusive. That not the correct way to address people in case of next time. thanks.
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by solar1: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2008
My dear, God works in a very mysterious way. I want you to know that what you have and in dilema about is what some people in the bank are looking for and are even ready to pay for without getting.
My advice is that you should be legally married to your man before the resumption time. Even if you are pregnant you are yet to be in the bank and so do not know the rules yet. get your letter of appointment and wait for the bank to raise the  issue first. But above all pray to God for Direction.
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by hanen(f): 1:21pm On Apr 17, 2008
@almondjoy

really its cos of stuff like that people dont like asking for help. There are better ways to phrase things. Please get off your condescending high-horse. She's already gotten pregnant, no point rubbing it in her face.

@poster

i admit Im surprised you're even contemplating aboortion. That's ridiculous. FYI, after the first 12 weeks, abortions are out of the question. Please, dont even consider it. Killing a life because of what? Money? Let me tell you something, banks are always recruiting. If you dont get it because you're pregnant, you'll simply get it later. Life goes on. And I don't see why the bak won't employ you if you're pregnant. They might just ask you to wait until you've delivered, or they might just not give you a PAID leave. Some banks prefer their staff to be confirmed or at least a year old before giving them such leave with pay. Be honest, have a chat with the HR people, if it doesn't work, c'est la vie.
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by engineerk: 11:00am On Apr 19, 2008
hi
there is no need for u to bother yourself about the Bank job.

Working in Banks this days is like being a slave: they pay you what only takes care of the kind of life they subject you to ---- wake up 4:00 am sleep 11:00pm. buy everything on install mental basis.
you can never be a rich person working with a any bank. except u steal their money!

Life is all about fulfillment, and fulfillment is a relative term. if u think working in bank is your own fulfillment, then go for it and kill your baby. if you think be a complete human being is your fufilment, then go on and reproduce: that is one of the xteristics of human being
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by ellaluchi: 5:38pm On Apr 26, 2008
I advice to always stick to truth no matter how bad the situation may be, as for me i was already married and was almost 3months gone, before i went for the medicals,i had to reveal to the human resources my condition,,,I was adviced to write an official letter deferring my appointment pending when i deliver my baby,,,since according to them,if i m allowed to resume to duty i may end up losing the job cos i may deliver before my confirmation of appointmemt and wont be given the mandatory maternity leave.I did what i was adviced to do and to God be the glory,it went on fine
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by djojo(m): 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2010
How can you be so heartless, because of a job that you can be fire at anytime, you want to kill a life
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by guseman(m): 5:35am On Oct 07, 2010
pregnancy is a thing of joy. be happy and resume to work. You might be lucky to have a very understanding boss and pls dont be the lazy type when you resume work.

@all, it is good to test the microphone, all these girls of nowadays u can never trust them , lol
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by donyomi(f): 12:18pm On Oct 07, 2010
@Poster

Have you done your medicals yet? If you have and they still gave u an offer letter, then you are lucky. Go ahead and start work, the only problem you will have is that they wont pay you when you on your maternity leave because you are not due for mat leave until you have spent a year in service.

If you have not done medicals yet, they will invite you for medicals and then there are 2 options.

1. they will let you start and then not pay you during maternity leave
2. they will give you an offer letter but ask you to resume after you've had your baby.

Either way, you will have your job but at worst case after the baby has come (hope you are entry level because for experience people, if the role is urgent, they might get someone else to fill it). Go and have your baby dear.

its not as complicated as you think.

Trust me, i know!
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by sms4health: 7:28pm On Oct 11, 2010
Honesty is always the best policy.

Don't abort please

Don't worry, you'll find out that everything will work out at the end.

Best of luck!
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by myhome10(f): 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2010
but then lets face facts;
1} the bank will not hire you if you are not married , but your tummy is conspiciously big & round.
2}most or 90% of banks will ask you to go have your baby first then you can return fot the offer later
3}if u eventually get hired, i hope you know you can take a maternity leave, because you are not yet confirmed.
at most you could just get a few days off,{ thats if u have an understanding boss} than you'll return to continue your job.

weight all these facts & findings, then decide
meanwhile, Congratulations, on your pregnancy!
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by cnnnigeria: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2010
It is better you inform the bank(HR) about your situation, they might consider you and reschedule your resumption date till when you put to bed.
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by damascusm: 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2011
even if u will not say the truth,the truth will definitely reveal itself when ur stomach becomes swollen.getting pregnant is not something that should make u start asking for help around, if all is well with u. tell the person that impregnate u and 4get abt the banking job if it will not allow u with ur pregnancy.
Re: Pregnancy And My Job by pinkgems(f): 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGlXhzbAloM

Child or Job?...we SHOULDN’T have to choose

��New videos every Tuesday��

Please Watch, Like and don’t forget to Subscribe.

Besos!�

(1) (Reply)

Work In Obasanjo's Ota Farm! / Mechatronics (IIT, Lagos) Or CCNA (cisco) / Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.