Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,395 members, 7,881,436 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:30 PM

Story: Taking Chances - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: Taking Chances (393546 Views)

10 Bestseller E-novels For The Taking / "Taking My Chances" Episode One / Taking Over(a Play) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 6:33pm On May 23, 2013
luvmijeje:
Princessa well done. Just be a little bit careful in
ur protrayal of Brenda in negative light except if that is what you want
to achieve.
There was a reason why Jide was being so rude to Daisy but why is he being so rude to his ex-gf?
And I have to agree with those who pointed out the likeness and
dislikeness Jide has for his wife and gf respectively was too sudden. Fine,you don't have to explain everything but that is one important area that diffrentiate a good writer from a very writer.
thanks for your observation, and i don't set out to paint Brenda as a bad chick, but as have been previously noted by Daisy and the conversation they've had, i think i was able to reflect the fact that Brenda is cheeky girl and as Daisy portrayed her to be sometimes bitchty so that was a tip of her characteristics she displayed.

but in this chapter, i was careful to describe her from Jide's perspective, all that painting was done through his own assessment. the only probable description was the apparel she adorned.

Brenda on her part reacted to Jide based on all her impression of him through the way he treated her friend and what Daisy told her about him, that doesn't mean she didn't see Jide as hot, because he is grin though his attitude.

okay about the Grace issue, i guess i still have more work to do in drawing reasons why she was jilted by Jide... but i don't think he was rude to her.

thanks and keep the criticism coming...
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 23, 2013
Fantastic Story line, articulate presentation.....in fact since I 've been "reading-following" this story, I couldn't help but visualise those scenes spontaneously......Princesa! Indeed you are "giftedly-talented" Kudos!

As for Brenda, hope she is aware that this is an issue btw husband and Wife as oppose to Bf & Gf......she shld therefore be very careful not to copy paste her experience with guyz in d level of boyfriend-girlfriend runz......couple with d fact dt jide has even sensed d source of d song Daisy is dancing to lately....

Well done....U r doing great job here....keep it up!
Re: Story: Taking Chances by repogirl(f): 7:01pm On May 23, 2013
In my usual 'ta si' manner, lemme say that in accordance with LVMJJ, I thought Jide was rude and mean to Grace, this was someone whom he'd had a relationship with, except he'd not really liked her.
He shouldn't have talked to her that way, especially as he broke her heart suddenly like that.

It was really mean and added to my dislike of him, he has got to earn my own love too o princessa, before I can forgive him for all he's done to Daisy.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 23, 2013
Frankenstein: Why didn't Jide slap that stupid Brenda?

Thank you. . #team Jide
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 7:40pm On May 23, 2013
repogirl:
In my usual 'ta si' manner, lemme say that in
accordance with LVMJJ, I thought Jide was rude and mean to Grace, this
was someone whom he'd had a relationship with, except he'd not really
liked her.
He shouldn't have talked to her that way, especially as he broke her
heart suddenly like that.

It was really mean and added to my dislike of him, he has got to earn my
own love too o princessa, before I can forgive him for all he's done to Daisy.

he's a guy na, that's what they do best......playing with girls heart. but then grace has a blame to share too, why would she cling to a man whose wedding she attended. what kind of hope is that angry

thanks Stephen, i appreciate.

Brenda, you and ur teamJide grin
Re: Story: Taking Chances by MsSpaqs(f): 7:51pm On May 23, 2013
Abeg me i dont av anythng against Brenda she's jst protectin her friend
Re: Story: Taking Chances by MsSpaqs(f): 7:53pm On May 23, 2013
Princessa plsssssssss try n update on time,d story is very refreshing.Gud Job
Re: Story: Taking Chances by MsSpaqs(f): 7:57pm On May 23, 2013
As 4 Jide changin towards Grace i tink dats normal cuz he has started avin feelings 4 Daisy tho he doesn't knw it yet
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Charmin1(f): 8:34pm On May 23, 2013
princesa:

#charmin, drop a comment naembarassed#
cheesy i wanted to wait till the story ends before i comment. Lol. You must have caught me so many times on this thread. Well done Princesa. I love the story line.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by repogirl(f): 8:35pm On May 23, 2013
WTF^^, spamming tinz, where's dat Spambot when its needed?
Re: Story: Taking Chances by luvmijeje(f): 9:45pm On May 23, 2013
princesa:

he's a guy na, that's what they do best......playing with girls heart. but then grace has a blame to share too, why would she cling to a man whose wedding she attended. what kind of hope is that angry

thanks Stephen, i appreciate.

Brenda, you and ur teamJide grin
Are you trying to say Jide was ruthless coz if u were,u never protrayed him that way. Grace was also a victim or was she not? Well in case if u want to publish or something I will urge to work on that angle.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 11:09pm On May 23, 2013
luvmijeje:
Are you trying to say Jide was ruthless coz if u were,u never protrayed
him that way. Grace was also a victim or was she not? Well in case if u
want to publish or something I will urge to work on that angle.
nah, it was just my personal observationsmiley

but am still mad at Grace for sticking to something that's destined to fail. she made herself a victim to the way she is being treated.sad

inbetween, i hope the hidden post wasn't a brawl or something
Re: Story: Taking Chances by frank317: 11:09pm On May 23, 2013
Helloe princess, why do I have a feeling that u desribe urself when u talk about daisy positive side.

Now I think brends was too disrespectul to jide, it is not her fight and she is only here to help. U see it wasn't natural for jide whom I have seen the way he talked to his father to just ignore brenda and leave the house. His leaving the house silently wasn't a problem, but brends would have just tried to be in the bakground, since they were meeting for d first time in his house, then later scold daisy for acting scared. Brends real bichy self could actually come out if she sees jide being overtly rude to her friend.

But I tink I like daisy, she's my kind of girl

2 Likes

Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 11:11pm On May 23, 2013
Ms Spaqs:
Princessa plsssssssss try n update on time,d story is very refreshing.Gud Job
thanks for reading, but updates take hours to write oh......
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 11:16pm On May 23, 2013
Charmin':

cheesy i wanted to wait till the
story ends before i comment. Lol. You must have caught me so many times on this thread. Well done Princesa. I love the story line.
so many times indeed. you happen to be among the first to read my updates, and you've been there since the onset, so i thought i deserved a comment or two.

thanks for obliging, am grateful and happy, now you can go back to your ghost mode cheesy

#small small i do dey catch all them chop and clean mouth demgrin#
Re: Story: Taking Chances by mabebe1(f): 11:18pm On May 23, 2013
I c u gal-Update na
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 11:39pm On May 23, 2013
frank3.16:

Helloe princess, why do I have a feeling that u
desribe urself when u talk about daisy positive side.

Now I think brends was too disrespectul to jide, it is not her fight and
she is only here to help. U see it wasn't natural for jide whom I have
seen the way he talked to his father to just ignore brenda and leave the
house. His leaving the house silently wasn't a problem, but brends
would have just tried to be in the bakground, since they were meeting
for d first time in his house, then later scold daisy for acting scared.
Brends real bichy self could actually come out if she sees jide being
overtly rude to her friend.

But I tink I like daisy, she's my kind of girl
about the positive side of Daisy been me, i have no idea about thatsmiley

well, Jide probably wasn't in the mood to reply Brenda, considering the fact that he was just meeting her for the first time and was also on his way out, besides with his win daisy 'campaign' coming along, i don't think shouting at Daisy friend would aid him one bit...

another thing, is that while Jide was meeting Brenda for the first time, Brenda wasn't meeting him for the first time, she knew about him even when he existed at the fantasy stage, and her impression of him has not been that rosy to deserve kind treatment...

that girl too is naturally sassy and cheeky, remember mama referred to her as 'agaracha ibo'...

agaracha in ibo means a lady who is always showing herself and acting up... something like that...

Brenda is the opposite of Daisy but she isnt bad, she's a girl with feelings, portrayed by the way she treats Daisy......

everyone wanted Brenda back and now that she is, she becomes a meddling disrespectful chick. phew! nigerians grin
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 11:43pm On May 23, 2013
mabebe1
:

I c u gal-Update na

i never even start writing sef, cut me some slack na madam wink
Re: Story: Taking Chances by DoctorShroud(m): 12:53am On May 24, 2013
*following*
Re: Story: Taking Chances by moresignal(f): 6:18am On May 24, 2013
@daisy:U no go give me hypertension...upload
Re: Story: Taking Chances by swtdarling(f): 7:45am On May 24, 2013
finally page 16!!.to say am hooked is an understatement .beautiful writing.i better join the queue to beg.princesa,where are u at embarassed
Re: Story: Taking Chances by frank317: 7:45am On May 24, 2013
princesa:
about the positive side of Daisy been me, i have no idea about thatsmiley

well, Jide probably wasn't in the mood to reply Brenda, considering the fact that he was just meeting her for the first time and was also on his way out, besides with his win daisy 'campaign' coming along, i don't think shouting at Daisy friend would aid him one bit...

another thing, is that while Jide was meeting Brenda for the first time, Brenda wasn't meeting him for the first time, she knew about him even when he existed at the fantasy stage, and her impression of him has not been that rosy to deserve kind treatment...

that girl too is naturally sassy and cheeky, remember mama referred to her as 'agaracha ibo'...

agaracha in ibo means a lady who is always showing herself and acting up... something like that...

Brenda is the opposite of Daisy but she isnt bad, she's a girl with feelings, portrayed by the way she treats Daisy......

everyone wanted Brenda back and now that she is, she becomes a meddling disrespectful chick. phew! nigerians grin

Ok, good. But I am waiting for the day jide and daisy will make love... Pls allow me to watch when the time comes

2 Likes

Re: Story: Taking Chances by Emeralddan(f): 8:27am On May 24, 2013
We are waiting oo princesa
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Solphiequeen(f): 10:44am On May 24, 2013
Although,i just started reading ds story but am loving it... Its so original nd down to earth... U are awesome princessa.

1 Like

Re: Story: Taking Chances by jojoluv: 5:29pm On May 24, 2013
i wish i can buy this novel someday.....its has the qualities of a gud novel. I also luv the topic,i ope the chance she took would be worth takin.

Still waiting for ur next update....
Re: Story: Taking Chances by emmabest2000(m): 6:20pm On May 24, 2013
nice novel indeed more grease to your elbow princess . pls more update ....
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 6:40pm On May 24, 2013
guyz endorse me for frontpage na, 10 lengthy chapter updates, no be beans na... embarassed

am also curious to know hw it feels hunh...

is that too much to ask?smiley
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 24, 2013
princesa: guyz endorse me for frontpage na, 10 lengthy chapter updates, no be beans na... embarassed

am also curious to know hw it feels hunh...

is that too much to ask?smiley

Lol. . See ur big eyes. . grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (69) (Reply)

Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. / Meant To Be / When Love Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.