Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,999 members, 7,927,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 06:39 AM

Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance (16819 Views)

Practical Approach To Dealing With Past Hurt And Mistakes / Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls / Dealing With The Pressures From Married Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by gfay: 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2013
cr7lomo.:
D best tin is not 2 pik calls til afta d match, den tel her u were chargin ur fone

dat na if u dey naija naa.. u wan dey charge fone for yankee, uk or even ghana sef
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Smallwoman(f): 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
My husby is a chelsea fan, a football fanatic. you complain of his not responding properly to your calls, My husby hardly talks to me while watching ball, even to answer simple question like what will u have for dinner must be repeated no less than 10 times. when his club is playing, he is watching, at the same time, his Ipad is in front of him with about four football websites, he is chatting w his friends and colleagues using whatapp on his phone. Ask me where can he place me in all of these? And he crowns it all by buying a new chelsea jersey each year. he will only tell me after buying it so my complains will be useless. I hated at first, i whined and nagged butI have grown past dat. Now i watch their major matches and each time I watch, I predict the event and my predictions have been coming true and they win. So now, I am paid to watch important matches along w him, celebrates victories at my choice of restaurant, and I think it pays better than nagging. Two yra ago, we went to Uk, i helped him to locate chelsea stadiun and joined him for a one hr tour though i didn't foolow him to watch live matches. I still use dat to win him over sometimes. I have also come to realise that all men are addicted to one thing or the other, either work,sports , women, drink etc and if u ask me , i prefer football to women,drinks or nite crawling. So my dear, join him to keep him and be happy. when i am not interested in watching sports i face my own hobby which is reading.

8 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by gfay: 6:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
Smallwoman: My husby is a chelsea fan, a football fanatic. you complain of his not responding properly to your calls, My husby hardly talks to me while watching ball, even to answer simple question like what will u have for dinner must be repeated no less than 10 times. when his club is playing, he is watching, at the same time, his Ipad is in front of him with about four football websites, he is chatting w his friends and colleagues using whatapp on his phone. Ask me where can he place me in all of these? And he crowns it all by buying a new chelsea jersey each year. he will only tell me after buying it so my complains will be useless. I hated at first, i whined and nagged butI have grown past dat. Now i watch their major matches and each time I watch, I predict the event and my predictions have been coming true and they win. So now, I am paid to watch important matches along w him, celebrates victories at my choice of restaurant, and I think it pays better than nagging. Two yra ago, we went to Uk, i helped him to locate chelsea stadiun and joined him for a one hr tour though i didn't foolow him to watch live matches. I still use dat to win him over sometimes. I have also come to realise that all men are addicted to one thing or the other, either work,sports , women, drink etc and if u ask me , i prefer football to women,drinks or nite crawling. So my dear, join him to keep him and be happy. when i am not interested in watching sports i face my own hobby which is reading.

Succinct! Shikenah.. cant shout. tell them that they may know!
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by DonaldGenes(m): 6:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
supaeagles: Just deny him "the thing" for some time ..... he will then realize that footy is not as important and will pick race to receive your call grin
On the other hand, try and understand small - if it is just a casual conversation that can wait, the game will be over sooner than you think.
I hope he is not an Arsenal fan though, because it is quite likely he may be very vexed at the end of the game wink

Hahhahahahahhahahaah! I
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by AdexOmoby(f): 7:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
pkween: A fiancée called up her fiancé yester night and the reply she got was, this is a bad time to call me because I am seeing a match. Tell me, can his watching of football match be more important than the conversation with his fiancée in a distant courting relationship?
I didn't know how important football was until I met my bobo. I tell myself that the only thing that would make him not pick my calls is if he is watching a football match. I have learnt to enjoy the game with him even though at first I didn't enjoy it. He is a Liverpool fan and so to help him enjoy his game and see what he sees, be happy when he is happy, cry when he cries, I have also become a Liverpool fan. My bobo can skip his books to watch a movie even if he had exams the following day and I hear men can even skip sex to watch a man! It is in them. The best women can do is to enjoy the recreation your partner enjoys otherwise he would be going outside to enjoy such company and God hep you if he meets a woman who also likes his recreation. He would naturally be drawn to her. To avoid all this, I have told him to teach me football, tell me the names of players who play, explain some basic, simple football terms and I have found out when I ask such questions, there is always joy and happiness in his eyes. He is happy I enjoy what he loves. I am happy too. When we get married, I want him to be able to come home and watch a match not go the bar, some place because his wife doesn't enjoy ball. I would encourage all women to enjoy whatever your partner likes. It may not be football. It could be golf, go play golf with him. My sister's husband doesn't like football but he loves his guitar and can stay in his room playing guitar even skipping his meals. Now my sister plays the guitar too and she enjoys all those sounds that come out of it. It wasn't easy at first, but now she is happy and her husband is happy too.If you don't like whatever recreation your partner likes, or you know nothing about the skills, ask him to teach you. It is called recreation companionship. It is one of men's most basic needs after sex and respect. The key is to seek out ways to meet the needs of your partner, this way, your own needs would be met too. Remember, no matter how much complaining you do, how much nagging you do, it would NEVER take football away from men! Enjoy the game with them is the key!!!

4 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by AdexOmoby(f): 7:34pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ujujoan: Fist off, if he's in a public bar, the noise will be too much for you guys to have a reasonable conversation. It'll be better if you waited for him to get home.
Secondly, what is so important that you couldn't wait for a 90mins game to be over? undecided
This is one area I don't interfere with in my man's life . .
I used to think football was just a game until I met him . . To these fanatics, it's more than a game. It's like their life!
Every day Chelsea has an important match to play, I pray and fast for them to win cos if they lose, I'll have a lottttt of consoling to do!
I won't lie, it used to be veeeeery annoying, but that's men and football!
Just because he's your fiance doesn't mean his life has to end . .
What will you do when you guys are married with kids crying and running all over the place, and his ignoring you and concentrating on SS because champions league finals is on undecided undecided
Abeg no drink panadol for unnecessary headache! cool

You are a woman that understands that one of a man's most basic needs is recreational companionship, that is enjoying what your man loves! Thumps up to you sis!
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by maj007(m): 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2013
@op some things are not meant to be questioned. One of such is a man's love for football.

One of the very few things a man falls in love with very early in life is that round object. Or can't u see hw a young kid sobs if he is deprived of the chance to run about with a ball when he really wants to. Now imagine him growing up with that love, that passion. Such is a man's love for soccer.

I understand your concern because I had similar challenge with my wife in the early days of my matrimony. Understanding and tolerance from my wife saw us through. That is exactly what relationship is all about. Tolerating each others weakness because a man's love for football is a serious weakness that CAN NEVER be overcome.

Now my wife prays that Man Utd wins always because that is a source of happiness for.

PROUDLY MAN UTD
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Smallwoman(f): 7:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
To complete my gist, my husby was involved in an accident sometimes ago, was in coma and had to go thruogh surgery. after sitting in front of ICU for over 18hrs praying not to become a widow, I was finally called that he has woken up. He asked i was told i had an accident, i said yes. what is today, he asked. i replied saturday. he said chelsea played yesterday and i was suppossed to watch it. Na so doctors and nurses burst into laughter. Can u imagine that! H e asked the doctors who watched it and one gave him a fake score and fakes name of goal scorer cos he didn't watch. I stil laugh when i rmb this. I have often heard that if you want to know wat is paramount in a person's life, listen to them wen coming out of coma or anasthesia. you will be suprised. when i rmb i only pray that God ll take the first place in his life, football can be next but not the reverse. So to the poster, YOU AIN'T SEEN NITHING YET. lol

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 18, 2013
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by loveberry: 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
My weekend schedule is football and food
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
Hahahaha Lol; That GF of yours is in big trouble... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
SwagForce1:

I need to consult you to talk some sense into my girlfriend's brain. Just name your price. I am willing to pay.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Venchy: 7:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ujujoan: Fist off, if he's in a public bar, the noise will be too much for you guys to have a reasonable conversation. It'll be better if you waited for him to get home.
Secondly, what is so important that you couldn't wait for a 90mins game to be over? undecided
I used to think football was just a game until I met him . . To these fanatics, it's more than a game. It's like their life!
Every day Chelsea has an important match to play, I pray and fast for them to win cos if they lose, I'll have a lottttt of consoling to do!
What will you do when you guys are married with kids crying and running all over the place, and his ignoring you and concentrating on SS because champions league finals is on undecided undecided

Correct woman, you can definitely tame a lion. ...

Good lesson for other women
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by baby4u2(f): 7:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
Chukskalidon:
who is dis ajiboris. Na ur type go wan tie ur husby 4 one corner. Must ur husby attend to u at anytime.

What is ajiboris? If na curse stop am. I dont force men to do anything oh thats not my job.

If he can't handle football and relationship then its not gonna work.

I dont ask any man to start watching real house wife's and co.

Plus @breezy ur comparison is not correct.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 18, 2013
You got it....
aigjoey: woman, football is life... U have to love it and love ur man for loving football.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
On point; I couldn't have said it any better… cool
jennykadry:

I can bet my left butt cheek that the fiancee had nothing important to discuss but just wanted attention. He had a life before he met her and will continue to have one after he marries her. When a woman starts thinking of what is important and what isn't it in cases like this, a man better watch his step cos She is an ultimatum candidate
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by dekress1(m): 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
breezy047:

Or when we are playing spain in the confederations this june and the phone rings while iniesta, fabregas, xavi and david villa are stringing those famous passes inside our goalie cheesy cheesy grin
u wan pick call for that condition, no way....abeg mak she wait after 90mins
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by imperiouxx(m): 8:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
sanb: This is my Liverpool gurl; I'm a Liverpool fan as well.... cheesy

What about AC Milan?..... Abeg nau babe kiss....like us too.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by jljunayd1: 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
may d whole heaven bless yu for dis comment,its as simple as dat,chikena
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
Okay...you got a like from me.... cool
imperiouxx:

What about AC Milan?..... Abeg nau babe kiss....like us too.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by imperiouxx(m): 9:27pm On Apr 18, 2013
sanb: Okay...you got a like from me.... cool

Muuuuuah! kiss
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by AdexOmoby(f): 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
sanb: This is my Liverpool gurl; I'm a Liverpool fan as well.... cheesy
Thanks moi co liverpool fan! Wetin man go do now...I have got to like and enjoy what he likes! Nagging, complaining and fighting is never the key!
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 18, 2013
Uju, I pray To God Almighty To Give My Future Wife Ur Kind Of Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding on This FOOTBALLING ISSUE. May God Continue To Bless Ur Marriage. May your (our) Club continues To Win More Matches, May The SPECIAL and the ONLY ONE comes back to Coach Our Team Next Season. It Shall be well wit you in all you do for your responsible and mature reply to d OP sis. what a Special Lady .FOOTBALL IS LIFE. Up Blues!

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 18, 2013
Bc of futball,I hv to write exam on sunday! I had a quiz one friday while at d uni,class rep fixed it o!but d guy forgot there was champions leaque goin on,on d d-day,d lab was so scanty!lecturer entered and only 2 or 3 guys!even few babes were missin. We inquired,only to hear champions league,u need to c d lecturer!we begged and begged!he agreed on 2 conditions;assignment on sat and quiz on sun! All 7am! Futball!I hail u!
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
Even If I dey Play Ordinary FIFA 13, ah No fit Pick Ur Call, Not to talk of When My DEAR CHELSEA is Playing a Match..... Ah no go even Hear the Phone Ring....

@OP, U should be Happy that He Picked Ur Call... He is a Husband Material! Marry HIM....

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
bonna4u:
You've already stated the root of the problem("example of a man not fit for marriage tbh"wink. It has got nothing to do with football because imho, this is a selfish man who cares about nothing/nobody but himself. I am a football lover and it has not stopped me from showing love to the people around me. I can miss an arsenal match for something important like my job, taking someone to the hospital, taking my girl friend out on special occasiond etc, but I won't yield to someone who is bent on making me miss my football consistently so as to prove my love for her.
you are a football lover. Not an addict wink.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by avalontony(m): 12:27am On Apr 19, 2013
IkeNwanyiCalaba:

i does not agree with you. your advice is nothing but bad character. u encourage breakup and divorses for the advice. for the fiance to calling at that time shows important of issue in discuss. why cannot the man say excuse me to other mens and step outside picking the call? what if the fiance is in critical emergencies? not picking the call may be catostrophical in conclusion. my felow mens, we should learn devote times to ur ladies becaus it is excellent.
ss for the poster, you does not have to be defeted. seat him down and talk senses in him. i belief he will repent. may God help your marriages. amen.
U must be one of the kpomo someone mentioned earlier.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by searay(m): 7:41am On Apr 19, 2013
pc guru:
seriously prefer wrestling , a bunch of grown men acting, please come over to UFC and you will never go back to WWF
Bros, I don't mix my words, i prefered sport entertainment- wwe, TNA, ROH, DRAGON GATE, JAPAN PRO WRESTLING etc and not MMA which is a real fight.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by JimmyBoy1: 8:12am On Apr 19, 2013
This should not be a souce of tension in relationship, rather it is a language that could further create bond in the relationship. What the partner should do is to start picking interest and change mindset, before you know it they will both enjoy it together.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by trusted(m): 8:12am On Apr 19, 2013
if she truly loves me, she will never disturb me when i am watching football. i also respect her hobbies so why will she not respect mine? Anytime i am watching live matches @ home, even the kids knows dad is busy. When my mom call me and i told the old woman that i am watching football she would just joke and say okay i will call back "baba Messi"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gps Car Tracker|Live Track|Shutdown Vehicle|Replay Routes / What Would You Do If You Find A Used Condom Wrapper In Your Matrimonial Bedroom? / Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.