Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,774 members, 7,938,346 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:46 PM

My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning (31354 Views)

My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? / I Killed 2 Scorpions In My Room This Morning / I Have A Word For Many Young And Mature Girls This Morning With This Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by lumeneng22: 9:29am On Apr 19, 2013
So they still use this kind mumu trick in laguois? It is as old as 53yrs.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by uche08(m): 9:31am On Apr 19, 2013
denzel2009:

In Ibadan, taxicabs carry more than 3 different people. Some even lap each other.
Even in abuja!
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 19, 2013
this isn't new tho' it happened to my mum bck den,..instead she told dem to stop at my lil bro's school, she ended up calling a bunch of people and the crooks sped off!!

also happened to a maid we had bck den, guess she was hypnotized or sumfin, she packed all the valuables in dah house and gave em crooks undecided

sharing cabs is normal in nigeria sha, it happens in most places but definitely I can't do that!, I rather walk *trust issues* grin
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by IYANGBALI: 9:41am On Apr 19, 2013
xynerise:
Exactly. They did this to my mum too. My mum jumped out of a moving bus but thank God she survived it.
your mum na james bond?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by GoodNigerian: 9:41am On Apr 19, 2013
deife:

I say a big 'Amen!' To your prayer Tasandra. Thank you so much.
The same format even in Port Harcourt. I think somethimg must be in this their format for them to still be using it till today, or are they ''a learner?"
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by BuBBle1(f): 9:42am On Apr 19, 2013
Na today that has happened to me like five times in Abuja,they r everywhere.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by konami001: 9:43am On Apr 19, 2013
This is a very old trick na... I dont know if they now use the trick for ritual purposes, but I know in the good old days, they used it to do 419. Because the herbalist will demand for money to break the charm and that would be shared among the passengers to pay... Then they will come back to make you pay for chemical... and so many other tricks all in a bid to collect your money...
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 19, 2013
Dear OP,I live along d axis,been residing here for almost 7 years,what u r saying is not new,it has happened to me like 4 times...infact its irritating. Women too join them in d crap they pull. Was still telling some people about d modus operandis few days ago.
Dem no dey tire? Anyway only a greedy person will fall 4 d spin. May God protect us all.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by alpamo6: 9:52am On Apr 19, 2013
This is not Ritualist/Kidnappers, they are simple 419ners. This should be an old story of operating. Simple don't involve in what u did not work for.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by kufreabasi(m): 9:55am On Apr 19, 2013
They device a means of using metro cab for ritual killing and kidnapping? God have mercy. I just pity these ladies that are into boarding or hiring them. They need to be wise and smart. Never to join in their conversation, above all with prayer is the paramount security.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 19, 2013
this specie of human demons deserve to be brutally torn and dismembered!! a horse each should be tied on each of thier hands and their leg with a long rope and allowed to run away from these demons, each in their respective directions.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by xynerise: 9:59am On Apr 19, 2013
IYA NGBALI: your mum na james bond?
Angelina Jolie
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Ishilove: 10:04am On Apr 19, 2013
Aggrippa: this specie of human demons deserve to be brutally torn and dismembered!! a horse each should be tied on each of thier hands and their leg with a long rope and allowed to run away from these demons, each in their respective directions.
This is morbidly gaangster... shocked

*shudder*
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Ishilove: 10:06am On Apr 19, 2013
xynerise:
Angelina Jolie
More like Sigourney Weaver
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 19, 2013
As i was reading this post,ds just happened to me now,but I av experienced it b4 in Lagos and Abuja,so not new to me.I just alighted and gave dem my tfare and told them "Happy Spending".We shd always be prayerful b4 leaving the house!and be wary wen using a public cab!
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by rhymesteey(f): 10:24am On Apr 19, 2013
This happened to me 2weeks ago in port Harcourt along stadium road I thank God greedness did not land me in2 mess!
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by miqos02(m): 10:31am On Apr 19, 2013
@op, thank God you did not allow temptation to put you in danger

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by deebsman1(m): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2013
it happened to me just last week here in abuja, @lugbe along airport rd, same modus operandi.
@mods, pls change the title.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by logica(m): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2013
rhymesteey: This happened to me 2weeks ago in port Harcourt along stadium road I thank God greedness did not land me in2 mess!
Abi? Then later claim they used juju on you. The only juju they use on people is GREED.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by muskpeas: 10:52am On Apr 19, 2013
xynerise:
Exactly. They did this to my mum too. My mum jumped out of a moving bus but thank God she survived it.

Same , my elder sister in 2008, entered a bus in front of nat.hospital abuja, was in about d same situation ..bt in her own case, she was told she must follow them to a "white garment pastor" who tried to "bewitch" her to go steal a certain amount, 250k from my aunt..d money was supposedly to purchase d oil that wld break d curse laid on d said money..and dat if she refused, he wld curse her..she rebuked him saying, "a man of God never curses bt only blesses"..then he shouted on them to chase her away...when she got to d nearest road , she discovered she was in Lafia.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by BashToks: 10:55am On Apr 19, 2013
coogar:

then he should ante up his pen game and write in such a way everyone can understand. some of us don't stay in nigeria to understand a "cab" is different from a "cab".

shut that cesspit you call a mouth, you inscrutable lout!
who's trying to prove a smartass? how am i supposed to understand he's talking about an unlicensed cab when the op did not include this piece of information in his opening comment?

Like I said, chill out and shut the fk up. I insist!
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by awesomeme2: 10:59am On Apr 19, 2013
tellwisdom: Wished it was me--If i no remove person jaw, na small e go remain angry

hey Mr, careful what you wish for!
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by ladeski: 11:04am On Apr 19, 2013
coogar: i don't understand how people board taxis and share it with other passengers. to the best of my knowledge, taxis are supposed to cater only for you and you alone.
Just thanks God you're not in a position to consider this. Most arent
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by ladeski: 11:05am On Apr 19, 2013
ladeski: Just thanks God you're not in a position to consider this. Most arent
thank I meant
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by ladeski: 11:06am On Apr 19, 2013
logica: Abi? Then later claim they used juju on you. The only juju they use on people is GREED.
Bros Juju dey o. May you not be a victim in Jesus name.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by IbnTimothy: 11:07am On Apr 19, 2013
deife: I'll be as brief as possible, Nairalanders. To tell you that kidnappers & ritualists exist & are on rampage is an understatement. What you need to be aware of is that they adopt different strategies to capture their victims. I'm going to share with you one approach so as not to become a prey.

I was at Law School busstop at about 6.30am today when I saw a cab & told the driver my destination. He told me to board. I noticed that there was a 'passenger' beside him & another one at the back. So I sat at the back.
Within 30 seconds of our journey, the young man beside me offered the driver #100 as transport fare. Immediately, the driver started shouting. The dialogue ensued between both of them:

Driver: How dare you offer me a hundred naira as transport fare? Aren't you the one that put that bag in the trunk? In fact you have a case to answer. Where did you get that huge amount of money from?

Passenger: (sobbing & genuflecting) please don't expose me. My boss died this morning. He was a Hausa man who ran a Bureau de Change business. He died after a brief illness. As soon as he died, my colleague made away with one of his vehicles. Because I don't know how to drive, I decided to make away with this money.

Passenger at the Front: How much is in the bag?

Passenger: 1.1 million dollars

Passenger at the Front: Oga driver, you know what? Let's strike a deal with the man. (Facing the Passenger at the back who at this point is already shaking like a jellyfish) Are you ready to share this money with the rest of us on this car?

Passenger: Yes sir!

All along I was quiet.

Passengersadthe one who 'stole' the money) We need a herbalist or witch doctor to help us make the charms ineffective because the last time I tried to touch the money, I fell down.

Driver: (Cuts in) that's no problem. We will get a pastor or a herbalist to destroy the charms.

At this point, the passenger asked for my views. To be candid, so many things were on my mind. I felt this could be the 'major break' I had been trusting God for. On the other hand, I wasn't comfortable because if what the passenger said was anything to go by, & I partook in spending the money, I would have murdered Peace & Sleep.

Me: No true pastor will agree to be a part of this.

Before you could say Jack Robinson, the Passenger at the Front quickly offered to phone a herbalist that he claimed to know. Meanwhile the driver had taken the alternative route instead of going through the Toll Plaza. As soon as we got to a point, I told the driver to stop, I told him I wasn't interested, & immediately got out of the car & took a long walk.

To cut a long story short, when I got to work, I just hinted my colleague about my experience without going into details & guess what she said! She told me their modus operandi which tallied with what I experienced today.

So Nairalanders, I urge you to always take time to pray before you go out & be close to God. Put God first in all you do & be security conscious. May you not die untimely in Jesus' name & may God's grace be constantly available to you & your loved ones.

lol, this happened to me in Benin in the late nineties .... but let us just say I was not greedy enough to play along. I told them I changed my mind and I am coming down here and right now .... while they were still persuading me, I opened the car door at a very slow traffic and started forcing my way out of the car. They had no option so they let me out.

Listen, they only play on people's greed. Anyone who opt for such sudden wealth is also a thief.

The only good way to make money is by working for it.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Hrdesk09: 11:16am On Apr 19, 2013
You re correct,,,,they re everywhere...Nairalanders,be careful and watchful!
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by justscorch: 11:31am On Apr 19, 2013
Mtchew foreigner oshi

coogar: i don't understand how people board taxis and share it with other passengers. to the best of my knowledge, taxis are supposed to cater only for you and you alone.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by coogar: 11:54am On Apr 19, 2013
Lilimax:
Should I say you are becoming proud . Never knew you to be like this... There are better ways of pointing out mistakes in ones sentence instead of raining abuse on someone. No one is custodian of English language

ho ho ho - story of my life....
correcting a misleading comment = pride and custodian of english language...... wow!

BashToks:
Like I said, chill out and shut the fk up. I insist!

you are not in a position to tell me when to open/close my mouth, you disgusting sack of shyte!
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by thompson56(m): 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2013
nawa ooh
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by thompson56(m): 12:03pm On Apr 19, 2013
nawa oohh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pls I Need An Advice, 2 Weeks Preg. And My Hubby Does Not Want The Babe Now / How Many Units Of Electricity Goes For 1000 Naira. / My Experience With A Widower. All Men Are The Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.