Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,217 members, 7,947,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 12:35 PM

What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? (4015 Views)

Poll: Music genres loves by Nigerians?

RnB: 33% (49 votes)
Rap: 16% (24 votes)
Rock: 5% (8 votes)
Gospel: 20% (30 votes)
Reggae: 3% (5 votes)
Dance: 11% (17 votes)
Pop: 8% (12 votes)
Latino: 2% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Which Type Of Dance Can We Call This Korede Dance In GODWIN / Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's / Enya's Music Is Satanic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by carolajayi: 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2008
gospel
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by javalove(m): 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2008
Anything Mode 9, be it from the old and dusty Malcom IX to the freshly downloaded Nigel Benn's Kraftwork, Is 9 all the way
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by bay5000: 5:05pm On Apr 15, 2008
I think Nigerians like Anthem songs(Sing Along)!e.g tetuila(u don hit my car),Remedies(omode meta) etc
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by VASQi: 5:59pm On Apr 15, 2008
am asian, i like hilife and rock.
am quite interested in the Nigeria music and will have business on the Ring Back Tone or Ring Tone with the telecoms, like MTN\Globacom etc. But i need to know something about the royalty fee and relevant law or restriction from the government. and i wanna get in touch with some top records labels in Lagos (im in Lagos)
anyone can help me with this? thanks in advance! cheesy
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by oolodumare(m): 8:45am On Apr 16, 2008
whateva type of music you like, you can get for free at

www.fusiongreen.com

its all there, for free downloads. check it out now & u wont be disappointed.
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by dee02(m): 8:07pm On Apr 17, 2008
VAS Qi:

am asian, i like hilife and rock.
am quite interested in the Nigeria music and will have business on the Ring Back Tone or Ring Tone with the telecoms, like MTN\Globacom etc. But i need to know something about the royalty fee and relevant law or restriction from the government. and i want to get in touch with some top records labels in Lagos (im in Lagos)
anyone can help me with this? thanks in advance! cheesy

You are posting on the wrong thread mate
Nigerians love anything!
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by rume(m): 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2008
now my turn,

GOSPEL!!!!! all the way. mainly Gospel pop, pop rock, RnB, opera!

preferring the power ballads. cheesy and of course some niger delta praise!

Artists like The katinas, Eben, Anthony Evans, Josh Groban, Cece winans. I like the boyband or rather male groups style.
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by MeGaStReEt: 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2008
The type of music loved by nigerians is not in that category @ all.

What we like is musics that does not make sense at alll

Rubbish songs thats sounds annoying and funnny
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by slimes(m): 11:49am On Apr 22, 2008
Nigerians are confused.
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by Wokeyim(f): 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2008
no mind them, olodos. Using a particular song in vogue to judge Nigerian music. I like them all at certain points, sometimes i have a feeling 2 hear the 80's - Abba and co- ,at other times, it could be country music and at other times, r n b
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by eldee(m): 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2008
Coldasiyce:

the average naija hit single only has a lifespan of about 4 months, maybe 8 max. how can u use a current hit to define the type of music u like, eldee?
It's just a freaking joke, y'all should chill out, anything nice/9ice was just for the pun.
I don't even get access to that much nigerian music, all I did was potray what I've been seeing on nairaland recently.
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by JUNIT1(m): 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2008
what genre does gongo aso fall into, yah that kinda music is tite
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by smurf1(f): 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2008
This is a ridiculous question cos everyone is different and what makes even more unique is the fact that we all have different tastes, cool
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by JUNIT1(m): 11:46am On Jun 26, 2009
seems as though gospel is admired by a lot, but rnb wins
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by obinna5000(m): 2:26pm On Jun 26, 2009
Dancehall party tracks, Hip-Hop, Gospel, R&B, Pop
Rock, Country and Classical are dead genres in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sexy Steel – “sisi” (remix) Audio Ft. Tekno & Olamide / Where Can I Download Lekan Remilekun And Prince Debo Mp3 Music's / Orlando Julius Music Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.