Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,652 members, 7,889,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:31 PM

PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe (2932 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2013
Read those verses and still come and argue....
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
Proverbs 3:9-10 NKJV

Honor the Lord with your possessions, And with the firstfruits of all your increase; So your barns will be filled with plenty, And your vats will overflow with new wine.
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by alfaman2: 9:35pm On Apr 19, 2013
My version is even better:

Honor the Pastor with your possessions, And with the firstfruits of all your increase; So your barns will be filled with plenty, And your vats will overflow with new wine.

2 Likes

Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by Goshen360(m): 9:40pm On Apr 19, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by tobechi74: 10:22pm On Apr 19, 2013
Does it say we should give to the pastor? Or to the church?
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by baynix(m): 11:31pm On Apr 19, 2013
tobechi74: Does it say we should give to the pastor? Or to the church?

Who Owns The Church?? Dnt Tell Me It's God oo!!
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by FromGuiriga(m): 11:51pm On Apr 19, 2013
So, if you give your pastor your first fruits of your possessions, then does that make him your Lord?
If he is The Most High God then, bring him here so he can sensibly answer all the questions that they ask about him in this forum.

If he is not the Father, then you are giving your first fruits of all your possessions to the wrong person.

I mean, this is just problems anyway you look at it.

1 Like

Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by rezzy: 12:02am On Apr 20, 2013
baynix:

Who Owns The Church?? Dnt Tell Me It's God oo!!
Its God.
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by Freksy(m): 11:25am On Apr 20, 2013
jacobscros: Read those verses and still come and argue....

You don't know what tithe is? That scripture is about honoring God with the best of what we have. It can be our time, talents, strength, and material possessions.
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by DrummaBoy(m): 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2013
Did that scripture say 10%? I believe it means giving of a free volition; and not on a compulsion to tithe.
And the word there is firstfruit not tithe!
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by PastorKun(m): 5:48pm On Apr 20, 2013
These tithe merchants won't stop manipulating scriptures to justify their tithing scam. Where in the quoted passage was tithes even mentioned or implied
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by DrummaBoy(m): 9:09pm On Apr 20, 2013
^^^Hello Pastor Kun. Will you pls reply the email I sent to you.
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by PastorKun(m): 10:47pm On Apr 20, 2013
DrummaBoy: ^^^Hello Pastor Kun. Will you pls reply the email I sent to you.

Sorry I didn't get any email from you. Although I got a notification from NL recently that I had two PMs, I never saw any mail in my mail box. You can try reaching me directly via unclekun@yahoo.com
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by DrummaBoy(m): 9:15am On Apr 21, 2013
[quote
author=Pastor Kun]

Sorry I didn't get any email from you. Although I got a notification
from NL recently that I had two PMs, I never saw any mail in my mail
box. You can try reaching me directly via unclekuns@yahoo.com[/quote]

I sent the other message to a wrong address. I have sent another to the above email now.
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by Goshen360(m): 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
Goshen360:

The lies of tithe is further exposed when I further looked into some words meanings @ those who said Apostles Paul by 'inference' taught tithe to Christians even without using the word 'tithe'; they are just being dishonest and word meanings proves that. Before I return again fully, lemme drop this here and if it doesn't shut their tithe mouths forever, tongue

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7, KJV

Now, we all know what grudgingly means right.....abi make I still do word study ni? grin Now, what is the 'necessity' aspect of this instruction? As usual, taking you through word blabla, if you like, hate me...but it will help you. grin

It is the Greek word, anagkē and means,

1) necessity, imposed either by the circumstances, or by law of duty regarding to one's advantage, custom, argument
2) calamity, distress, straits.

From here, Strong's concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G318&t=KJV

So we know it's using 'necessity' by the first meaning. Take that meaning and key into the text and it will open your eyes to clearer understanding. Here is it,

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of imposed either by the circumstances, or by law of duty regarding to one's advantage, custom, argument: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Now, if the law of Moses or of tithing was imposed to the national Israel or given to them as a law....of duty to one's (their) advantage or by custom or argument, whatever it is and this Christians giving instructions says our giving should be by what is purposed in the heart and NOT by imposed either by the circumstances, or by law of duty regarding to one's advantage, custom, argument (that is, from the word meaning of 'necessity'); it is very clear that Christian giving negates and is contrary to Israel's way of tithing which is\was 'imposed...by law...'. cool

Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by funmi4(f): 7:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
Matthew 23 :23 gives a clearer knowledge of tithing from CHRIST himself
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by PastorKun(m): 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
funmi4: Matthew 23 :23 gives a clearer knowledge of tithing from CHRIST himself

That verse was directed at pharisees who were under the law an NOT christians who are under grace.

1 Like

Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by garyarnold(m): 2:49am On Apr 25, 2013
Proverbs 3:9 (KJV) “Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:”

The verse reads HONOUR the Lord with thy substance (wealth), not give to the Lord your wealth. The verse does not say honour the Lord with a tenth of your wealth, or give to the Lord a tenth of your wealth.

How does one honor the Lord with their wealth? I believe the best way I can honor the Lord with my wealth is to be a good steward of that wealth and use it to glorify the Lord the best I can.

The verse reads AND with the firstfruits of all thine increase. In other words, HONOUR the Lord with the firstfruits of all your produce, or crops (Hebrew word definition). Doesn’t say give to the Lord the firstfruits of your produce, or crops. That comes later in the Word.

For those who say that all thine increase can also mean all your income, read the next verse:

Proverbs 3:10 (KJV) “So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.”

Verse 10 makes it clear that increase in verse 9 is referring to the crops and not income.

Leviticus 23:10 (KJV) “Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest:”

The above verse tells us that the Children of Israel were commanded to take the firstfruits of their harvest to the priests.

Numbers 18:21 (KJV) “And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.”

The above verse tells us that the Children of Israel were commanded to take the tithe to the Levites.

Nehemiah 10:37 (KJV) “And that we should bring the firstfruits of our dough, and our offerings, and the fruit of all manner of trees, of wine and of oil, unto the priests, to the chambers of the house of our God; and the tithes of our ground unto the Levites, that the same Levites might have the tithes in all the cities of our tillage.”

Nehemiah 10:37 confirms that the firstfruits were taken to the Temple for the priests, and the tithe was taken to the Levites who lived in the Levitical cities.
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by garyarnold(m): 2:54am On Apr 25, 2013
funmi4: Matthew 23 :23 gives a clearer knowledge of tithing from CHRIST himself

In Matthew 23:23 Jesus refers to tithing as MATTERS OF THE LAW. Jesus affirmed the tithing as prescribed by the law - a tenth of crops and animals, not money, and not from anyone's income. Jesus did NOT tell the Pharisees and scribes that they should have been tithing from their income from their professions as lawyers and teachers.

Furthermore, Jesus was born, lived, and died during the Old Testament. The New Testament doesn't begin until after Jesus died on the cross.
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by funmi4(f): 2:28pm On Apr 25, 2013
When we quote Bible passages that are laws or let me say when we try to follow them, it means we are not Christians . Because he who lives under the law is cursed(Galatians 3:10) .Can we then still be cursed after been redeemed from the curse of the law that Christ paid for? Christ died and renewed us and gave us the new spirit and if you are led by the spirit,you don't need any law to guide you .(Galatians 5:18). When we look out for whether someone is paying tithe or not,i think the right thing to look out for are the 9 indicators that are fruit of the spirit (Galatians 5 :22) not some tithe madness.

If i have my tithe in my hand on my way to church and I find a dying person on my way and then the holy spirit ministers to me that that's where my tithe is going this month.will i then be condemned by the same God for not paying tithe?

And that's why Christ says in Matthew 23:23 : .....you give one-tenth of everything ......but you don't obey the really important (weightier matters as some version puts it) teachings of the law-being fair, showing mercy and being faithful ...........

Tithe should not even be a debated issues because even when God talked about judgement day in Matthew25 :31-46, i can't remember him talking about how much tithe you paid but how much love,kindness and mercy...Matthew 25:35-37. If you must pay tithe,it must be convictions from your spirit man,not a stringent law in the bible,then because my pastor insists I'm robbing God.

Ask yourselves which will God take lighter? Not paying tithes or not showing love?

That's why the book of proverbs talks about knowledge and understanding.it takes real knowledge to be understanding

As for me,I am not cursed so I cannot live by the law,I pay my tithe as I'm led by the spirit not s malachi law says.

What makes me a Christian (a Christ follower) ? The law or my faith in God through Christ Jesus.how can i be a Christ follower and a law follower at the same time?

2 Likes

Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by funmi4(f): 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2013
It's no biggie to give the pastor it you are blessed with the teachings,the word of God instructs you give to them (Galatians 6:6) intact it says share all your good things with them.

It's not giving to them that matters but do they show kindness in return in this present day that pastors are now the richest...? Do they even have the 9 indicators of the fruit of the spirit ? (Galatians 5:22)

tobechi74: Does it say we should give to the pastor? Or to the church?

1 Like

Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by Goshen360(m): 2:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
Let's do some word exchange for those who hold onto Matthew 23:23 and see how it reads,

First is Matthew 23:23 in its proper context,

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Now, those who say Christ was talking to the 'New Testament Church or Believers or Apostles', let's insert the aforementioned into the text and see how it reads,

Woe unto you, New Testament Church or Believers and You 12 Apostles, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

That reads good right? shocked lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by MostHigh: 3:07pm On Apr 25, 2013
Goshen360: Let's do some word exchange for those who hold onto Matthew 23:23 and see how it reads,

First is Matthew 23:23 in its proper context,

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Now, those who say Christ was talking to the 'New Testament Church or Believers or Apostles', let's insert the aforementioned into the text and see how it reads,

Woe unto you, New Testament Church or Believers and You 12 Apostles, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

That reads good right? shocked lipsrsealed

I thing it would be better renders as follows:

23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and PASTORS, you hypocrites! You are collecting tithes. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

2 Likes

Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by Goshen360(m): 3:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
MostHigh:

I thing it would be better renders as follows:

23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and PASTORS, you hypocrites! You are collecting tithes. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

shocked grin tongue
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by garyarnold(m): 8:58pm On Apr 25, 2013
Goshen360: I think it would be better renders as follows:

Actually, it would be best if it read:

23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and PASTORS, you hypocrites! You are collecting tithes. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without practicing the former. 24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

2 Likes

Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by MostHigh: 9:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
garyarnold:

Actually, it would be best if it read:

23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and PASTORS, you hypocrites! You are collecting tithes. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without practicing the former. 24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

true talk!
Re: PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe by MostHigh: 10:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
“The teachers of the law and the PASTORS sit in yashua’s seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

Everything they do is done for people to see: They wear the best suits and have the prettiest embroidery on their garments; 6 they love the place of honor at weddings and parties and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7 they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘PAPA’ by others.

But you are not to be called ‘PAPA,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘PAPA,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted

(1) (Reply)

"Adeboye, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Oritsejafor, Tbjoshua Will Not Make Heaven" / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/08/15 / Is It Right/ Wrong To Drink Water While Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.