Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,540 members, 7,972,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:52 PM

Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams (10101 Views)

Pay Me My Money - Fasehun To Buhari / OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader / Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by SamAfrik(m): 11:40am On Apr 20, 2013
With such staggering amount going to Tompolo et al., yet Nigeria loosing up to $7b annually to bunkering & BBC describing some illegal refineries in d nigerdelta as d biggest crime scene in d world, just shows d govt running d nation aground.
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by Samxiulee: 11:48am On Apr 20, 2013
Why can't they absorb both mend,opc and other militant group into Ncdsc,professionalise their operations,key into their knowledge on security,use the billions that is being paid to upgrade the civil defence and the police.
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by Fiawest(m): 11:49am On Apr 20, 2013
GEJ,while nt spend dis Billions on Oga @ d Top and his NSCDC boys to train,recruit n equip,aint them in charge of Pipeline Security?This system of paying Tout n its affiliate money to protect Govt properties is laughable
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by talktimi(m): 12:01pm On Apr 20, 2013
SamAfrik: With such staggering amount going to Tompolo et al., yet Nigeria loosing up to $7b annually to bunkering & BBC describing some illegal refineries in d nigerdelta as d biggest crime scene in d world, just shows d govt running d nation aground.
the part where you wrote "the government running the nation aground" is really funny, its obvious you've never been in the creeks of the niger delta before or interacted with the individuals who live along them but like spouting high sounding words on the internet. It is a fact that during the years of militancy, crude oil production fell to about 700,000/750,000 bpd but now Nigeria produces around 2million barrels but the amnesty didn't stop illegal bunkering completely, rather it led rise to the establishment of illegal refineries which eventually became the main sources of petroleum products especially kerosine and diesel in the ND region, the cutting of pipelines to get the crude oil has destroyed many of the ecosystems in the surrounding communities whr these refineries are located and the jtf regularly arrests these people many of them going bankrupt after the destruction of their "cooking pots" and boats so how has the fg been condoning this matter except you're just trying to be mischievous. I can authoritatively tell you that most camps in delta, rivers and bayelsa state have been destroyed so watch what you say on issues you know nothing about

1 Like

Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by rhymz(m): 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2013
seunfly:
ain't u tired of crisis in this country? Our so call president is fueling crisis just because he wanted another 4 years in office.
FSU is happy that our presido will start another security problem when he has not been able to solve the ones on ground, which kind of person are u?
Now kidnapers, secret cult, bokoharam, jamb, massob and other violence/nonviolence group will intensify their violent act to demand what u called crumbs and the innocent man on the street will suffer.
FSU av u ask urself wether u are safe 4rm ds crisis u ar wishing for? If u are safe, what about others?
on a more serious note, people should stop mentioning MASSOB in thesame group with MEND, OPC, MOSSOP, BOKOHARAM and their likes. MASSOB is anything but violent, it is just a group of disenchanted Igbo Biafran survivors that still want out. They have made no claims of militancy or fighting the government let alone reign violence anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by Reference(m): 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2013
frodobee: Birds of a feather flock together. Even the NNPC and presidency enjoys touting- how else did they win elections? When i proposed the use of both chemicals and electric pulses to monitor and detect pipeline vandalization, it was thrown to the bin. Crude methods and mentality still runs the system.

So sorry sir. Who says its about detecting pipeline vandalism. Its about containing and deterring it. Do you have the fear factor of the OPC, the awesome arsenal of weaponry the MEND posesses or the operational and tactical acumen of Boko Haram (to come after amnesty). I'm sure you don't but probably depend on our law enforcement who are neck deep in the problem. And when you pitch their qualities against thise listed for the militants above then wither??

Sorry pal this is Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by ziccoit: 12:10pm On Apr 20, 2013
FSU: Brother turns against brother, all for NIGER DELTA oil money.

Both OPC factions now belong to GEJ. GEJ please throw in more crumbs and let them bite themselves over the left-overs like the dogs they are grin grin grin

Your GEJ is mismanaging the country like never before in the history of this country and here you are praising his ineptitudes. So much for an illliterate PhD holder. Thank God I have had contact with genuine PhD holders, GEJ would have left me wonder whether acquiring one is of any good.
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by OgbuefiNegro: 12:36pm On Apr 20, 2013
In socially progressive nations, oil pipelines are part of national assets and are categorized under national security. Effort is made to keep their routing a secret, even though their mammoth presence on the open landscape is difficult to conceal. They are vulnerable points for sabotage attacks, politically and economically. None of these is a direct threat to us in Nigeria; we do not have a foreign army targeting us for attack and the oil inflow to the pipes is so vast and continous that the many acts of theft and breach at various points is insignificant to influence the average demand/supply relationship in the open market. So why the need for guards and security contracts for pipelines?

The contracting of pipelines and the contracting of maritime security are both windfalls from the Niger Delta amnesty programme. Pipeline breaches are a ransom for awarding more contracts on the security of the pipelines. They are an extortion of money from the government. There is no denying the fact that MEND sees itself as the sole beneficiary of government amnesty programme and also views itself as a guardian force or a pseudo army of the ND oil. Hence MEND is interested in sitting as an armed security force, legitimized by amnesty contracts, on guard duty over "its oil". Their on-shore guard duty covers oil pipelines, their off-shore guard duty is the maritime contracts.

Oil pipelines extend outside the Delta area; it feeds West, North, Middle and East of the country. Recent upsurge in pipeline breach in West may not be unconnected with a plot to secure contracts. Here, the Bayelsa govt guest house in Badia comes to mind again. Why does Bayelsa have a guest house in Badia? Anyway, so who should win the contract for pipeline security in Yorubaland, should it be given to MEND?

These contracts feed greed and grand plots. Other nations protect their national assets against foreign plots, in Nigeria, we face domestic plots that stage attacks against national interests.

The National Security Adviser, Dasuki, ought to give this pipeline security problem a serious and hard look. Guard duties on all national security assets must be won-back from non-govt security contractors, whether inland, coastal or out at sea. Militants have what they are good for and their value to their various ethnic people must be acknowledged. I love OPC and I passionately identify with their cause and presence as sentries over Yorubaland but their sanction as an armed force on guard duty of national asset should be discouraged. If it's okay for regional militant groups to guard pipelines then we are ripe for state police force and the Nigerian Police Force need to be disbanded.

Negro loves OPC. grin

1 Like

Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by niggadee(m): 12:36pm On Apr 20, 2013
don't give them contract to secure s'west pipeline because once they contract is terminate or finish opc will turn to terrorist organizations and terrorize s'west
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by caperi: 12:38pm On Apr 20, 2013
Your GEJ is mismanaging the country like never before in the history of this country and here you are praising his ineptitudes. So much for an illliterate PhD holder. Thank God I have had contact with genuine PhD holders, GEJ would have left me wonder whether acquiring one is of any good.[/quote]

u ddey craze na Gej spoil dis country?
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by fkaz(m): 12:49pm On Apr 20, 2013
Awarding N2.4billion oil pipeline contract fasheun is not a joke, now that Gani Adams is asking for his share, the clueless might call him aside for his own. Not their fault, jona is just granting them licence for full time oil bunkery

1 Like

Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by rayalesh(m): 1:06pm On Apr 20, 2013
do we have government in this country called Nigeria? a governmemt that can protect our resources, that can provide electricity, that can provide good road but a government that are full of lies (e.g Lagos ibadan road will be repaired before December 2012, somebody is very sick but they said is not, electricity will be increase but its decreasing, pre-pay meters will be free but they now collected money with the meteretc), a weak government (they said that the known does that are funding boko aram but they can't arrest them, they can protect the the resource etc), the government is clueless(e.g unemployment is rissing and the government is do wortless programmes that is benefiting their Family). y can this people understand that what goes around, will shouldly comes around. if the society is better their is no need to round up and down and nothing is permament but only death. Almighty is gently God

1 Like

Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by Obijulius: 1:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
Who is dis gay? Another SW di.ck!
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by emmatok(m): 1:17pm On Apr 20, 2013
One_Naira:

BH does not want amnesty. They already declined on the amnesty deal. You should rather say, the northern politicians wants amnesty for the BH.

What is the difference between Northern Politician and BOKO-HARAM.
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by Akpan107(m): 2:26pm On Apr 20, 2013
Evestar200: Just passing
to where?
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by seunfly: 3:23pm On Apr 20, 2013
rhymz: on a more serious note, people should stop mentioning MASSOB in thesame group with MEND, OPC, MOSSOP, BOKOHARAM and their likes. MASSOB is anything but violent, it is just a group of disenchanted Igbo Biafran survivors that still want out. They have made no claims of militancy or fighting the government let alone reign violence anywhere.
My brother u ve missed where i said violence/nonviolence group, just put massob where it belong.
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by lasaki: 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2013
Moneyyyyyyyyy egoooooooo. Kudiiiiiiii. Owooooooooooooo
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by miqos02(m): 4:02pm On Apr 20, 2013
no wonder tomplolo said
“What I want to say is that we are going to get 2015. Nobody will stop us; if anybody is trying to stop us, it means they are trying, maybe, to do something funny. This is our right and we are going to get it by the grace of God,”
he has 8.5bil in his pocket
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by dbride: 4:49pm On Apr 20, 2013
ayox2003: There things going on in this country that we would never know. Imagine Tompolo getting N8.5 billion for securing two states, Dokubo N1.6 billion for some parts of Rivers state, Fasheun just got N2 billion. Approximately N12 billion? I remember that the money budgeted towards security that year was N900 billion. What the hell are they turning this nation into when a decent graduate cannot get a job or create his own business because they don't have any support?

Yet the FSU guy posted that GEJ should give then the 'crumbs'. Time will definitely tell.

Frawzey

REVOLUTION beckoning.
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by BetaThings: 5:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro:

The National Security Adviser, Dasuki, ought to give this pipeline security problem a serious and hard look. Guard duties on all national security assets must be won-back from non-govt security contractors, whether inland, coastal or out at sea. Militants have what they are good for and their value to their various ethnic people must be acknowledged.

Negro loves OPC. grin

Once you give them the job, they will make sure you never take it away. These militants will never want change that will take bread and butter away. And the longer they are on the job, the more weaponry they can afford

Jonathan does not seem to give a damn (he said it anyway) about the problems he is creating for the future!
He pays lip service to proliferation of small arms. What do militants use? When they leave those organisations, will they give up their arms?

1 Like

Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by Btruth: 5:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
........ the love of money, if not careful handle, will eventually destroy this country. angry
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by biomedixexcel(m): 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
GREATEST NIGERIA STUDENTS SHOULD RISE UP AND NOT BE LEFT BEHIND O........NATIONAL CAKE IS GOOD O...LET US SECURE OUR FUTURE AFTER SCHOOL OOO
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by Btruth: 5:25pm On Apr 20, 2013
ray_alesh: do we have government in this country called Nigeria? a governmemt that can protect our resources, that can provide electricity, that can provide good road but a government that are full of lies (e.g Lagos ibadan road will be repaired before December 2012, somebody is very sick but they said is not, electricity will be increase but its decreasing, pre-pay meters will be free but they now collected money with the meteretc), a weak government (they said that the known does that are funding boko aram but they can't arrest them, they can protect the the resource etc), the government is clueless(e.g unemployment is rissing and the government is do wortless programmes that is benefiting their Family). y can this people understand that what goes around, will shouldly comes around. if the society is better their is no need to round up and down and nothing is permament but only death. Almighty is gently God

Sometimes I wonder why the British cannot come back again to invade us. Then, we can now have a long years of apprentice before independent again.

O Lord, Nigeria needs invasion. Even South Africa will be better to invade us.......
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by Walexybobo(m): 6:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
Just passing bye. But by d way does that reduce d price of garri in d SW? Mtcheeew. ;DJust passing bye. But by d way does that reduce d price of garri in d SW? Mtcheeew.
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 20, 2013
Gamji007: Very soon, Boko Haram will want seek for the contract to protect pipelines in the north! This our disfunctional government is full of shiit. Millitants and touts will soon be in charge of this country.

My broda wetin we go do now? Hear this: "when the old men fight each other, the cities are dying"-Czech Proverb
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by naUgotire: 6:44pm On Apr 20, 2013
Which kine mobilization you go dey do for underground and still carry woman for motor? So, as you dey mobilize, u dey Bleep?
Chei, OPC, oni ba je oo!
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by HonKontigi: 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2013
mu2sa2: The truth is that OPC members are thick on the ground and active, for good or bad. This reality can not be ignored and i think Tinubu realised this and now GEJ. What is certain is that politicians use them - as body guards or for thuggery. They are far more effective than the regular security forces because they operate under no law and since politicians are lawless themselves they are bed fellows. Much as some dislike the idea of OPC being given the pipeline security job, it's likely Gej will for two reasons. First, to secure the support of the OPC and thru them make inroad into ACN stronghold. Second reason is, to balance the equation - those criticizing Gej for rewarding the niger delta militants will be silenced.
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by TenKobo1: 8:53pm On Apr 20, 2013
What a government! what a president!! what a country!!!
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by homeboy232(m): 8:59pm On Apr 20, 2013
if dem award the contract to opc, many of una wey dey talk nonsense go run go collect application form to join opc.....if dem give opc, many unemployed naija go get work..una no get sense?? Una want make them give civil servants again??...lack of exposure na e dey worry una...if una like, make u no go collect opc form or keep wasting ur time dey find contract work for bank...una dey claim i too know, stil yet nobody know una for naija..gani adams wey no fit read and write before..d guy dey determined, now e don blow wit many followers...make una use una brain and think well before u talk nonsense..una know where una papa see money send una go school?? Keep on to dey lobby for job or u collect opc form..opc lobby for contract,all i too know for nairaland lobby for contract bank work...all na lobby..which way naija

1 Like

Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by porka: 9:39pm On Apr 20, 2013
This is dead wrong!

What kind of government empowers the militants?

A better strategy is to empower the police.

Best to license gun use for every eligible Nigerians.
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by najoke: 10:34pm On Apr 20, 2013
pls somebody tell me this is not true shocked shocked shocked shocked
correct me if i am wrong.......is it not the same contract presidency,reuben,okupe,billyonaire the goat,insincere9ja fool and other pro GEJ all denied
Re: Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams by austinebode: 11:11pm On Apr 20, 2013
Na serious matter o, if we have militry way no fit protect our pipeline.. And we need to now look for protection from OPC and d rest. So what is the work of Nigeria military forc?. Madness. May God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Politicians 'colluding With INEC Officials' To Alter Submitted Lists / Why Donald Duke Remains Our Best Option / APC Intensifies Campaign For Mascot, Stresses Infrastructure, Welfare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.