Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,051 members, 7,899,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 06:30 PM

Edo State Local Government Election Update - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State Local Government Election Update (31341 Views)

Election 2015: Live Election Update - PUNCH / Nigeria's Election Update - 29-03-15 3:50 Pm / Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by iyobs7(f): 12:18am On Apr 21, 2013
brownlord:

You are very stupid, the only point have seen in your post is that you are a confuse and frustrated tout whom use to benefit from the PDP chop i chop and now a yahoo boy that have not receive any single dollar for a long time now, very sorry bro, PDP is not coming any time soon, if you cant deal with it, you fit hang urself

Must everybody that talks about the abnormalities in Oshomholes administration be a PDP faithful?

why are tour minds to shallow and not open to the truth that stares directly at your white washed faces? Ha e dey pain me for una I swear

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by bashydemy(m): 12:20am On Apr 21, 2013
Any result so far?
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by brownlord: 12:30am On Apr 21, 2013
iyobs7:

Must everybody that talks about the abnormalities in Oshomholes administration be a PDP faithful?

why are tour minds to shallow and not open to the truth that stares directly at your white washed faces? Ha e dey pain me for una I swear

But prove me wrong
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by thelastPope(m): 12:43am On Apr 21, 2013
tonididdy: MY CONCLUSION ABOUT TODAYS ELECTION

oshiomole did not interfere in todays election JUST as jonathan never interferred with Edo governorship election.

EDSG provided funds to EDSIEC to conduct elections.but EDSIEC failed to deliver...reason:improper preperations

EDOpeople know who to vote for...we dont need our GOVT to show us the way anymore,we now walk side by side with him.we have embraced change in ACN

and not even pdp will stop us...

You are a very big foool if this is what you can say about such a shambolic display of incompetence by the governor. Such a very big fool. You think by your shameless sychophancy, you will get anywhere? Calling PDP in every sentence will not bail you out of this mess. It was not PDP that messed up. It was ACN. It was Oshiomole. Using PDP as an escape route will not work. Go and sort yourself out. You have failed woefully today. If ACN cannot handle their tiny states, how can they handle Nigeria? You are making a fool of yourself, honestly

3 Likes

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by thelastPope(m): 12:44am On Apr 21, 2013
bashy_demy: Any result so far?

Result from where? From a failed election?... cheesy
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by Nobody: 1:49am On Apr 21, 2013
I live in Benin and I am short of words to describe what happened today. It was a monumental failure. PDP would have lost the election any way, but here it what I don’t understand, will a contender not be allowed to vote in the same election in which he or she is contesting?

Elections Materials arrived as late as 4pm in some places, while actual voting did not take place at all in a lot places. No matter how much you hate PDP, they are Nigerians and they must be allowed to at least vote for themselves.
Might be in an attempt to give them a killer punch, Osiobaba just shot himself in the foot. The election was a far cry from what Nigerians will expect from any ACN government, most especially that which is organized under Oshiomhole watch.

Please rush to nearest News stand in the morning if you have any doubt and I can assure you 100% that you will be shocked to the bone marrow what you will read about this election. Constructing roads and conducting free, fair and credible elections are not one and the same thing. If millions of Nigerians are told to choose only one out of the two, those who are wise will choose Credible Elections because a credible leader which can only be gotten through a credible election will not disappoint those who elected him.

As for this elections, dare to believe me, Oshiobaba and his crew are presently a threat to our nascent democracy when it comes to conducting elections.

3 Likes

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by bashydemy(m): 4:26am On Apr 21, 2013
thelastPope:

How much were you paid by the PDP?

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by anonimi: 5:44am On Apr 21, 2013
[size=13pt]Slowly, gradually but surely the super glued scales on people's eyes will start to fall off little by little.
And lo and behold, it will become crystal clear that while PDP was bad the slick smooth serpents in the Association of Conmen in Nigeria are worse as they scam the people with reckless abandon.
[/size]

Ordinary LGA elections, the comrade governor cannot organise.
Yet he will be overzealous to plant flowers on a federal road and post signs claiming he has repaired it.
Some 419 repairs indeed.
Meanwhile many feeder roads that are the responsibility of Edo state and its LGAs are in a deplorable state.

What % of LGA elections held by the "democratic progressive opposition" states are won by other parties?
Did Tinubu's electoral panel not annul the fraudulent results of his Ikoyi LGA and award it to PDP's Obanikoro?
Were the results of Badagry LGA not changed at the point of announcement?

The good luck of the dimwits in ACN is that up till now PDP has been dominated by nitwit zombies of retired military and para military (police, customs etc). Will this change

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by iykak47: 5:51am On Apr 21, 2013
bashy_demy: How much were you paid by the PDP?
Answer the question and stop asking useless question angry angry

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by Missonas(f): 7:03am On Apr 21, 2013
thelastPope:

Better to have a failed and re-contested election than a rigged and questionable 1.heard it was cancelled

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by OmoTier1(m): 7:56am On Apr 21, 2013
A message to the PDP lapdogs.
Oshiomhole did not conduct the election, was never part of the election and as a responsible governor, He approved the needed funds for the election via the state house of assembly appropriation.

Whilst there is no reason for the state electoral commission not to have delivered, the good news for Nigerians is no rigging of candidates or fostering of candidates by Oshiomhole led government on the people.

Like a dogged fighter that He is, I know He will get to the root of why electoral materials were not distributed timely and be rest assured that those found wanting will face the music of law.

Finally, I am sorry to disappoint you no PDP candidate will win any LG chairmanship seat, not because of the persons running on the platform of PDP, no because we EDOS have drawn a line in the sand that just like God himself has drawn a line in the sand concerning good and evil, PDP will never govern Edo state again. And we took a vow that all those who support the return of PDP to power will forever retrogress in everything they do.

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 21, 2013
Why are we Nigerians so sentimental. Must we belong to pdp or action congress for us to say d truth. I thought acn would be d change we need but it's all clear that they are even a worse break out version of pdp. This election is a disgrace. Even students' electoral body would have done a better job. First of all, how can u go to the UK to print paper. Jamb, waec and d rest have been conducting exams for years and I've never heard of such a thing as going to print questions abroad. If they had contracted it to proffesionals in an undisclosed state and saved it in cbn, days or a week before, this rubbish would have been averted. How can u waste tax payers money to print papers in UK, not even a nearby country. Please tell me why some papers won't be unavailable when supervision was not done? Edsiec and its ogas should resign if they have any shame.conducting this exercise is clearly good logistics and they have failed. Any result read would be false and would clearly show all our leaders are hypocrites- pdp or acn. THERE WAS NO ELECTION.

3 Likes

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by bashydemy(m): 8:38am On Apr 21, 2013
iykak47: Answer the question and stop asking useless question angry angry
is there any reasonable question up there? are you thinking with your anus? PDP is a failed Party and that is it.
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by tonididdy(m): 9:00am On Apr 21, 2013
thelastPope:

You are a very big foool if this is what you can say about such a shambolic display of incompetence by the governor. Such a very big fool. You think by your shameless sychophancy, you will get anywhere? Calling PDP in every sentence will not bail you out of this mess. It was not PDP that messed up. It was ACN. It was Oshiomole. Using PDP as an escape route will not work. Go and sort yourself out. You have failed woefully today. If ACN cannot handle their tiny states, how can they handle Nigeria? You are making a fool of yourself, honestly

for all i know PDP is the only party who hasnt accepted that change has come to EDS, LP,ANPP and the likes in benin have joined the EDSG to work hand-in-hand but these PDP choose darkness over light.

when jega postponed NA elections nobody put a cutlass on GEJ throat...why cant oshiomole have a breathing space on this one.

elections held in some areas and so far NOT one person has come out to say in was paid or unfair...RELAX your antics arent working this time.

CHANGE IS HERE IN EDS TO STAY
1MAN 1VOTE
ACN WILL SWEEP YA'ALL OF YA FEETS
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by ecode1(m): 9:03am On Apr 21, 2013
Whatever they want to do they should ensure that they put all logistics in order before the next date for the election is slated. It is heartbreaking hearing common LGA election could not be conducted. God bless the people of Edo and Edo state.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by tonididdy(m): 9:09am On Apr 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1: A message to the PDP lapdogs.
Oshiomhole did not conduct the election, was never part of the election and as a responsible governor, He approved the needed funds for the election via the state house of assembly appropriation.

Whilst there is no reason for the state electoral commission not to have delivered, the good news for Nigerians is no rigging of candidates or fostering of candidates by Oshiomhole led government on the people.

Like a dogged fighter that He is, I know He will get to the root of why electoral materials were not distributed timely and be rest assured that those found wanting will face the music of law.

Finally, I am sorry to disappoint you no PDP candidate will win any LG chairmanship seat, not because of the persons running on the platform of PDP, no because we EDOS have drawn a line in the sand that just like God himself has drawn a line in the sand concerning good and evil, PDP will never govern Edo state again. And we took a vow that all those who support the return of PDP to power will forever retrogress in everything they do.

you hit the nail on the head

EDSG is not involved with election.its duty is to provide FUNDS and assist...same gospel i've being preaching all day.

I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND WHY FINGERS ARE POINTED HERE.
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by richardbry: 9:11am On Apr 21, 2013
for a concise recap and blow by blow account visit http://ynaija.com/politico/liveblog-edolg-election-coverage/
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by onimcee1(m): 9:46am On Apr 21, 2013
Akoko-Edo ward 1, unit 6 and unit 13 were MARRED with irregularities in favour of ACN. Unit 9 was also rigged in favour of ACN, but fight ensued between the PDP and ACN youths and this unit (unit 9) was cancelled. Total result 4 ward 1 for councillorship: PDP: 618, ACN: 898. All presiding officers and polling clerks are also ACN party members.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by onimcee1(m): 9:55am On Apr 21, 2013
In ward 1, unit 6, the chairman of Edo State Civil Service Commission presided over multiple voting. that is a person was allowed to vote 4 or 5 times. Tanks to the presiding officers and polling clerks who were all ACN party members.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by anonimi: 10:21am On Apr 21, 2013
tonididdy:

for all i know PDP is the only party who hasnt accepted that change has come to EDS, [size=14pt]LP,ANPP and the likes in benin have joined the EDSG to work hand-in-hand[/size] but these PDP choose darkness over light.

So there should be no vibrant opposition at all levels (federal, state & LGA) EVEN ASSUMING the office holder is an angel?
So how do you keep the incumbent on his toes and ensure he thinks twice to ensure the priorities of the people are done always and at the optimal cost
No wonder our leaders take us for mugus.
I thought ACN prides itself as viable opposition to the PDP led federal administration!
Meanwhile we know how to queue up for visas of western countries where they have credible opposition that promotes better life for the masses.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by anonimi: 10:34am On Apr 21, 2013
tonididdy: you hit the nail on the head

[size=13pt]EDSG is not involved with election.its duty is to provide FUNDS and assist[/size]...same gospel i've being preaching all day.

I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND WHY FINGERS ARE POINTED HERE.

So the SIEC is not an arm of the state government
ACN sabi lie well well nor be small.
[size=13pt]Now that Oshiomole's cluelessness has been exposed it is time to pass the buck.[/size]
No sense of responsibility as a leader at whose desk the buck stops.
Simple LGA election the governor cannot organise.
Shameful.
Meanwhile ACN party members were all over the process for massive rigging YET the people voted for PDP.

onimcee1: Akoko-Edo ward 1, unit 6 and unit 13 were MARRED with irregularities in favour of ACN. Unit 9 was also rigged in favour of ACN, but fight ensued between the PDP and ACN youths and this unit (unit 9) was cancelled. Total result 4 ward 1 for councillorship: PDP: 618, ACN: 898. All presiding officers and polling clerks are also ACN party members.

onimcee1: In ward 1, unit 6, the chairman of Edo State Civil Service Commission presided over multiple voting. that is a person was allowed to vote 4 or 5 times. Tanks to the presiding officers and polling clerks who were all ACN party members.

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by tonididdy(m): 10:41am On Apr 21, 2013
anonimi:

So there should be no vibrant opposition at all levels (federal, state & LGA) EVEN ASSUMING the office holder is an angel?
So how do you keep the incumbent on his toes and ensure he thinks twice to ensure the priorities of the people are done always and at the optimal cost
No wonder our leaders take us for mugus.
I thought ACN prides itself as viable opposition to the PDP led federal administration!
Meanwhile we know how to queue up for visas of western countries where they have credible opposition that promotes better life for the masses.

ACN SHOULS SURRENDER TO PDP?

dont forget so quickly.during PDP reign in edostate elections in the state was 99% won by PDP now ACN wants to fairly and freely do that and now people have a problem with this
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by tonididdy(m): 10:58am On Apr 21, 2013
@AMINI...it is not the duty of EDSGVT to conduct election BUT it is his duty to see to it that the funds,materials,safety and smooth running of the election to the state IEC...which the EDSGVT did flawlessly in areas of funding and safety.

the roblem is from the EDSIEC...the minister of works on state television said and i quote,"he preaches 1man 1vote and cannot even conduct a LG election,lets see how he will achieve that now"...SO I WONT BE SUPRISED THE EDSIEC was tamperred with.in otherwords this was politically screwed-up and motivated by the oppossing party.

if u remember clearly...oshiomole once blamed JEGA at the early house of the morning DURING EDSGVTSHIP elections for ALLEGED FRAUDERY
pls note:who did he blame?
he blamed jega NOT GEJ but jega. why?
cos GEJ wasnt responsible for elections,GEJ is to fund INEC

SO BLAME EDSIEC NOT EDSGVT

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by onimcee1(m): 11:06am On Apr 21, 2013
Akoko-Edo Ward 8,….13 Ballot boxes snatched. Justice Imoukhuede of the Edo State High Court has ordered EDSIEC to refund monies it collected from candidates as application fee.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by brownlord: 12:04pm On Apr 21, 2013
onimcee1: Akoko-Edo Ward 8,….13 Ballot boxes snatched. Justice Imoukhuede of the Edo State High Court has ordered EDSIEC to refund monies it collected from candidates as application fee.

Why bringing outdated news to this thread, hw does this rubbish relate to the election that was canceled or matter at hand, my friend u need to hv ur head examined
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 21, 2013
tonididdy:
TO CUT YOUR LONG STORY SHORT.WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU WANT DONE?

ACN SHOULS SURRENDER TO PDP?

dont forget so quickly.during PDP reign in edostate elections in the state was 99% won by PDP now ACN wants to fairly and freely do that and now people have a problem with this

In Esan North East where I came from. Thugs were imported to Uromi from other states to disrupt d election. But kudos to the youth who rejected d unavailability of result sheets and tempering of electoral materials and hold siege to d electoral officers who were compromise by the State Govt to manipulate d election. Non ACN aspirants was acknowledge by the people. 97% of the LGA wants PDP so I would want the State Govt to comply with d peoples demand or else there will be serious crisis from the youth. I am not a politician but to my own view let the election be transparent and d polular one gets d day to avoid destructions.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by brownlord: 1:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
Skillbobralph:

In Esan North East where I came from. Thugs were imported to Uromi from other states to disrupt d election. But kudos to the youth who rejected d unavailability of result sheets and tempering of electoral materials and hold siege to d electoral officers who were compromise by the State Govt to manipulate d election. Non ACN aspirants was acknowledge by the people. 97% of the LGA wants PDP so I would want the State Govt to comply with d peoples demand or else there will be serious crisis from the youth. I am not a politician but to my own view let the election be transparent and d polular one gets d day to avoid destructions.

I believe this story, the only people clamoring for the return of PDP in the edo state are the people of ESAN land, and is for two simple reason, Because their son Prof. Osariemen Osunbor lost out out and also any Esan youth you meet and ask the reason for the hatred for the oshiomole govt. the only thing they tell you is he increased Ambrose alli uni. school fees, my friend, you need wake up, if you guys have better reason to discredit ACN / Adams govt. i wont have a problem with it but let it not because annenih wants to claim the state back which is the simple reason all esan hate the adams govt. right from the day he was sworn in, its a pitty our political system is still backward
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by unuane1(m): 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2013
My frnd @ brownlord for God sake try 2 be objective when you are sayin anytin here. Haven't you be watchin news and analysis since. This election is abt credibility ok. Am frm esan land but a fan of the comorade governor for honesty n sincerity sake dis election was a haox and failure on the side of a man n governor that every one in not only Edo state but Nigeria as a whole is lookin forward to can not conduct a mere Lga election. I voted for the comarde governor in the last governorship election but what happen yesterday was a total fall out from the Governor believe and stand. To me the election should be canceal. If Jega had fail who is to be blame or whose name will be mention same applicable to the Edo state led AcN and comarde gov government so in asmuch as i will say all failure and success will always fail or goes to the number one man of the state or country.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by brownlord: 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2013
unuane1: My frnd @ brownlord for God sake try 2 be objective when you are sayin anytin here. Haven't you be watchin news and analysis since. This election is abt credibility ok. Am frm esan land but a fan of the comorade governor for honesty n sincerity sake dis election was a haox and failure on the side of a man n governor that every one in not only Edo state but Nigeria as a whole is lookin forward to can not conduct a mere Lga election. I voted for the comarde governor in the last governorship election but what happen yesterday was a total fall out from the Governor believe and stand. To me the election should be canceal. If Jega had fail who is to be blame or whose name will be mention same applicable to the Edo state led AcN and comarde gov government so in asmuch as i will say all failure and success will always fail or goes to the number one man of the state or country.

Oga, you know am saying nothing but the truth, have lived in esan land, have so many as friends and schooled in Ekpoma and i know what am talking about, can you please tell me how Oshiomole is responsible for the negligence of EDSIEC, pls i need you to point this out for the whole world to see, was oshiomole the person that contracted the printing of materials? was he the one that instructed the contractor to go do this job in the UK, was he responsible for late arrival of materials to MMA Friday night, is it true that the materials got to benin 5:40 AM on election day Saturday, please answer this questions, anxiously waiting for your response
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by anonimi: 4:21pm On Apr 21, 2013
brownlord:

also any Esan youth you meet and ask the reason for the hatred for the oshiomole govt. [size=13pt]the only thing they tell you is he increased Ambrose alli uni. school fees, my friend, you need wake up, if you guys have better reason to discredit ACN / Adams govt.[/size] i wont have a problem with it

SO increase in school fees is not a "better reason" to oppose the comrade governor who does not value education
This is a university that was built by the UPN governor Prof. Ambrose Alli with LESS budget per capita (budget/population) who also had free education with bursary awards to tertiary education students.

The ACN crooks are simply robbing Peter (the masses) to pay Paul (themselves).

And the ethnic and religious bigot, Ayatollah Buhari locked Alli and other UPN governors in jail after his coup of Dec. 1983 while keeping his fulani brother, Shagari under house arrest.
These are the people who want to replace PDP, right

1 Like

Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by brownlord: 4:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
anonimi:

SO increase in school fees is not a "better reason" to oppose the comrade governor who does not value education
This is a university that was built by the UPN governor Prof. Ambrose Alli with LESS budget per capita (budget/population) who also had free education with bursary awards to tertiary education students.

The ACN crooks are simply robbing Peter (the masses) to pay Paul (themselves).

And the ethnic and religious bigot, Ayatollah Buhari locked Alli and other UPN governors in jail after his coup of Dec. 1983 while keeping his fulani brother, Shagari under house arrest.
These are the people who want to replace PDP, right

You have only succeeded in saying rubbish please bring out better point from your argument as to why you think oshiomole was responsible for the failure of EDSIEC failed to deliver voting materials to unit and polling centers on time, dont tell me about Buhari, abi shagari thats not important to me at the moment, if you cant answer and give me a better reason then STFU
Re: Edo State Local Government Election Update by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2013
brownlord:

Oga, you know am saying nothing but the truth, have lived in esan land, have so many as friends and schooled in Ekpoma and i know what am talking about, can you please tell me how Oshiomole is responsible for the negligence of EDSIEC, pls i need you to point this out for the whole world to see, was oshiomole the person that contracted the printing of materials? was he the one that instructed the contractor to go do this job in the UK, was he responsible for late arrival of materials to MMA Friday night, is it true that the materials got to benin 5:40 AM on election day Saturday, please answer this questions, anxiously waiting for your response

In all the LGA especially in Esan, Esan North East to be preside where I stay, electoral materials were tempered with, result sheet where removed and the ballot papers that were suppose to be sealed were tore and you expect God to tell you that Edo State Govt was responsible for all these. Uromi personally followed up with the process becos the ACN candidates were all boasting that whether we vote or not that the election results has already been computed. Uromi was under fire yesterday if not for the intervention of PDP chieftains who calmed everywhere. I would advise the EDSEIC and the State Govt to follow due process in d schedule date of the postpone election so as not to cause war in Uromi and Ekpoma becos the people here are ready for the election anytime.

Some pics of the riot in Uromi town and some youth surrounding the police station where the electoral materials were kept demanding that the materials should be returned to EDSEIC till the complete materials are brought b4 voting can take place or else the station would be burnt.

It took hours b4 the electorate officer posted to Uromi postpone the election due to pressure from the ACN led govt from above that the election must hold without complete materials.

I plead to the State Govt to allow d peoples choice in Uromi in particular and Ekpoma so that peace can reign

So I will say it is the State Govt conniving with the Electoral officers and seizing some electoral material to destabilize the people so that there candidates will win

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FFK Blast Premiumtimes And Leadership Newspaper On Twitter / Rotimi Amaechi Holds A Thanksgiving Service In Port Harcourt (PHOTOS) / Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.