Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,751 members, 7,882,582 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 09:22 AM

Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? (3234 Views)

Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
Yooguyz:
dude you are quoting that scripture out of context. Yes the bible did say prophecies, tongues and knowledge would cease. The question now is when? Who said it would cease during the after the early apostolic era?
V9-10. "for we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when THAT WHICH IS PERFECT IS COME that which is in part shall be done away"
miracles, tongues would cease when. The perfect will of God is fulfilled, his perfect will is for us to live in perpetual health, live forever, eliminate pain and suffering. That was why he said Jesus to earth. That can only happen when the rapture takes place, but since we are still "in a part" of his will, he made the gift of miracles available so that we can be healed when we are sick, prophecy so that the mysteries of God be made known to you. When we are in heaven #the perfect now come# we wouldn't need healing would we? Because we can now live in perpetuel health

btw you haven't answered my 3 questions?

All powers of speaking in tongue seized at the completion of the canon of scriptures. The only gift we have now is teaching(prophesying ) and knowledge of the gospel.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by christemmbassey(m): 2:27pm On Apr 23, 2013
shdemidemi:

There is nothing difficult in speaking in tongue at this present time, stop the deceit and face the essence why these gifts were given in the first place. I was a victim of "speaking in tongues for 3 years", if you attend winners chapel today you will speak in tongue a week after.

The corinth church was a carnal church,Learn about the Corinth church, only then would you understand the problems the apostle encountered with them. Ask yourself why the apostle never talked about this same issue with other churches. Emulating this church by doing what they did is carnal, if there was any church worthy of emulation, it has to be the Thessalonian church.
plz am not discusing the church at Corinth but speaking in tongues. U dont have to wait for years to have that gift if ure a sincere christian. Waiting for a week in winners is even too long, Cornelius+his household+neighbours recieved this gift as Peter was ministering the word to them. Plz read Acts11:15. Pls dont use ur experiences to judge christianity. God bless you.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
coolLove never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9)For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

Analyse these three verses-
He talked about love, knowledge and prophecies in verse 8. He said the three will stop at some point.
In the next verse He mentioned just knowledge and prophesy but we have these two in parts
In the last verse He said the gifts in parts will stop when that which is perfect comes.

Figure it out.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by christemmbassey(m): 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
shdemidemi: coolLove never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9)For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

Analyse these three verses-
He talked about love, knowledge and prophecies in verse 8. He said the three will stop at some point.
In the next verse He mentioned just knowledge and prophesy but we have these two in parts
In the last verse He said the gifts in parts will stop when that which is perfect comes.

Figure it out.
I have said it b4, some ppl cant just undastand Paul. my broda that verse has nothing to do with prophecies, knowledge, faith , tongues etc ceasing, but these were mentioned to show the importance of LOVE, how desirable it is, pls stop reading the bible but study. How can faith cease? When the bible says it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God without faith, for prophecy, the bible declares, in the last days i will pour my spirit on all flesh, your sons and daughters shall prophesy, Hosea 4:6 my people are destroy for lack of knowledge, 1tim2:4 says God want all to have the knowledge of the truth, Jesus said when the spirit come he will teach you.. And these signs shall follow them that believe,..... They will speak with new tongues. Pls study with the help of the spirit to undastand the context of Paul writings. God bless.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
shdemidemi:

All powers of speaking in tongue seized at the completion of the canon of scriptures. The only gift we have now is teaching(prophesying ) and knowledge of the gospel.
hahahaha funny guy, " all powers of speaking in tongue seized at completion of the canon of the scriptures".
All tongues siezed and yet Jesus said tongues would be the sign that follow belivers mark 16:17.
All tongues have siezed but it is the same tongues that God said he'ld use to prophecy/impart knowledge to his people. Isaiah 28:11.
All tongues have siezed!

Btw you haven't answered my questions, i put it to you again
1.ARE WE IN THE LAST DAYS?
2.WHEN DID GOD SAY HE WILL POUR OUT HIS SPIRIT?
3.ARE YOU A BELIVER? Mark16:17
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 3:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
Don't confuse yourself bro, I can understand how staunchly you feel about speaking in tongues but you have to admit we all learn everyday. I put something as clear and crystal as that to you ,yet you come up with me not understanding Paul.

I never said anything about faith ceasing, wonder where you got that from.

You talked about the last days, what has last days got to do with when the perfect comes. The perfect is Christ, when He comes knowledge and prophesy in part will stop cos there will be no need for knowledge or teaching anymore but speaking in tongues seized already.

People scamper to the Holy Spirit when the truth of the scripture is been discussed. The Holy Spirit is always in line with the word of God as written in the Bible, so don't bring spirit in this.

Some people actually say its a language the devil don't understand ( I wonder where that came from).

Of what use is speaking in tongue in the body of Christ now?
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by christemmbassey(m): 3:46pm On Apr 23, 2013
Yooguyz:
hahahaha funny guy, " all powers of speaking in tongue seized at completion of the canon of the scriptures".
All tongues siezed and yet Jesus said tongues would be the sign that follow belivers mark 16:17.
All tongues have siezed but it is the same tongues that God said he'ld use to prophecy/impart knowledge to his people. Isaiah 28:11.
All tongues have siezed!

God bless you my brother.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
Yooguyz:
All tongues have siezed!

Bro, divide the word of truth according to dispensations
There are 7 dispensations in the Bible (dont inject 1 dispensation into another)
1 innocence. (Adam and Eve)
2 conscience (cane and Abel)
3 human government (Noah)
4 promise (Abraham )
5 law (Moses) note Christ was under this law, He had to die for The inception of Christianity
6 grace (Paul )
7 tribulation (Hebrew Peter Jude John revelation)

As Christians we must understand the constraints of Christ and how Paul is our leader towards the gospel of Christ
1cor 11-1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.

Read your bible with this principles and watch how the bible will be clearer to you my friend
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
@ yooguyz
Are we in the last days?
When did God say He will pour out His spirit?

Really no one can tell what time the last days are cos even in the days of the apostle some thought they were in the last days, they left work to wait for Christ. The apostle had to tell them to go back to work while they hope for the coming of Christ. God created time,He can't be bound by time. 1 year could be 1000 years with God.

Are you a believer?

Yes am a believer, am typing thru my phone but am sure you can figure this answer out yourself , common.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
shdemidemi: @ yooguyz
Are we in the last days?
When did God say He will pour out His spirit?

Really no one can tell what time the last days are cos even in the days of the apostle some thought they were in the last days, they left work to wait for Christ. The apostle had to tell them to go back to work while they hope for the coming of Christ. God created time,He can't be bound by time. 1 year could be 1000 years with God.

Are you a believer?

Yes am a believer, am typing thru my phone but am sure you can figure this answer out yourself , common.
dude you are very funny! Ok lemme break it down for you
ARE THE CHRISTIANS OF THESE AGE IN THE LAST DAYS? Yes or no?
You asked me whats the importance of speaking in tongues? I'll ans you after you ans my question.
Its amazing you never commented on Mark 16:17. Is it because you found it hard to twist?
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 6:43pm On Apr 23, 2013
You talked about the last days, what has last days got to do with when the perfect comes. The perfect is Christ, when He comes knowledge and prophesy in part will stop cos there will be no need for knowledge or teaching anymore but speaking in tongues seized already.
(the above was shidemni's quote)

Thats the point i was also trying to pass across to you, you are contradicting yourself. # except maybe you are saying it from another perspective #. The original plan was for man to be acquianted fully with creator, live in perpetual health, worship and fellowship with God, not until man fell from grace in eden. God came up with a partial/short term plan, he sent Jesus to destroy the works of satan. ACTS 10:38. After died and resurrected he sent the holy ghost to continue his purpose through the apostles in form of these gifts of the spirit. He knew we'ld fall sick since the perfect hasn't come so he made available the gifts of healing.
K try to ponder on this verse
"Jesus christ the same yesterday, and today and for ever". Hebrews 13:8
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by rastarman(m): 12:27am On Apr 24, 2013
Christianity is fake religion to me. the bible is filled with errors. eg the Genealogy of Jesus. what matthew said is different from others. paul anatagonises the teachings of Jesus. The tower of Babel, Adam and eve were myths. death and crucifixion of the bible have different Versions. The bible is a confused book, confusing d so called christian. add me whatsapp 08062457642. Revealation is just dsame as Hallucination. ve done my research. i prefer Eckankar.
pple turn to miracle because of myopic reasoning.
what has speaking in tongue created in d world
guys make we face reality. i love the teachings of christ. no be all the fake stories dats inside d Bible. Bible is never d true word of God. its filled wit interpolations.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 12:35am On Apr 24, 2013
rastarman: Christianity is fake religion to me. the bible is filled with errors. eg the Genealogy of Jesus. what matthew said is different from others. paul anatagonises the teachings of Jesus. The tower of Babel, Adam and eve were myths. death and crucifixion of the bible have different Versions. The bible is a confused book, confusing d so called christian. add me whatsapp 08062457642. Revealation is just dsame as Hallucination. ve done my research. i prefer Eckankar.
pple turn to miracle because of myopic reasoning.
what has speaking in tongue created in d world
guys make we face reality. i love the teachings of christ. no be all the fake stories dats inside d Bible. Bible is never d true word of God. its filled wit interpolations.
clap for yourself! Good boy! Now go back and continue smoking your marijuana
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 12:43am On Apr 24, 2013
Yooguyz: You talked about the last days, what has last days got to do with when the perfect comes. The perfect is Christ, when He comes knowledge and prophesy in part will stop cos there will be no need for knowledge or teaching anymore but speaking in tongues seized already.
(the above was shidemni's quote)

Thats the point i was also trying to pass across to you, you are contradicting yourself. # except maybe you are saying it from another perspective #. The original plan was for man to be acquianted fully with creator, live in perpetual health, worship and fellowship with God, not until man fell from grace in eden. God came up with a partial/short term plan, he sent Jesus to destroy the works of satan. ACTS 10:38. After died and resurrected he sent the holy ghost to continue his purpose through the apostles in form of these gifts of the spirit. He knew we'ld fall sick since the perfect hasn't come so he made available the gifts of healing.
K try to ponder on this verse
"Jesus christ the same yesterday, and today and for ever". Hebrews 13:8

Original plan?
Gift of healing?
Mark 16:17

1)God has 1 plan from the beginning, nothing has changed

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

2)I told you earlier that all spiritual gifts were signs leading to the gospel. No man on the face of the earth has any power to heal anyone through Christ, that is not to say God can't do miracles but it is at His own time and not at the call of any man anymore.

11)For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you may be established— 12 that is, that I may be encouraged together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

See what the apostle referred to as spiritual gift, "encourage". Not tongues or healing

And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;

I am not disputing this fact. Christ made this statement and it came to past, those who believed did great things .
study according to dispensations. Paul continued the gospel of Christ to the church, He said this

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

In verse 8, notice the apostle mentioned 3 gifts- prophecies,tongues and knowledge,He said they will stop at some point,He went on to verse 9 to say we have only 2 in parts namely knowledge and prophecies no more tongues in 9. In verse 10 He said the 2 we have in part will stop when Christ come.

So the only gifts we have in parts now are teaching and knowledge. No more healing or God speaking with any man excepts through His word, no more self timed miracles.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by truthislight: 8:47am On Apr 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;

why is it people dont know that this ^ was not part of the original manuscript but later addition?
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 9:32am On Apr 24, 2013
@ shdemni, don't put words in my mouth, i never said the gifts of healing was part of the original plan, i said the original plan/complete part of his will is for us to live in perpetual health and live eternally in paradise. Gifts of healing only came to fulfill his will partly. # even when God heals us if we go back to our unhealthy habits, we will fall sick again#

you haven't answered my question?
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 9:36am On Apr 24, 2013
truthislight:

why is it people dont know that this ^ was not part of the original manuscript but later addition?
it wasn't part of the original manuscript or you don't want it to be part of the original manuscript?
If it wasn't part of the original manuscript why didn't you guys remove it? You guys are not sure ugh?
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 11:00am On Apr 24, 2013
Yooguyz: @ shdemni, don't put words in my mouth, i never said the gifts of healing was part of the original plan, i said the original plan/complete part of his will is for us to live in perpetual health and live eternally in paradise. Gifts of healing only came to fulfill his will partly. # even when God heals us if we go back to our unhealthy habits, we will fall sick again#

you haven't answered my question?

You just wrote nothing up thr..anyone can fall sick my brother,no matter how close you are to God e.g Job
Mark is a book under the law of moses..Therefore what Christ said happened in the book of acts. In the book of Corinthians Paul said these things wld stop except teaching and knowledge.
Simple.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 11:48am On Apr 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

You just wrote nothing up thr..anyone can fall sick my brother,no matter how close you are to God e.g Job
Mark is a book under the law of moses..Therefore what Christ said happened in the book of acts. In the book of Corinthians Paul said these things wld stop except teaching and knowledge.
Simple.
stop taking me in circles. No one is disputing the above, infact sickness was never part of God's plan during creation not until man sinned and fell. K lemme summarize.
The perfect plan- perpetual health. Which will happen when we are in heaven
The part plan-- the gifts of healing.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Goshen360(m): 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2013
Okay, I'm here now to troubleshoot @ shdemidemi & truthislight,

You guys have been talking against (praying) tongues as a spiritual gifts but here is a questions for you yet, since none of you answered my former question, in 1 Corinthians 14:2, what tongues is it that Paul, the Apostle talked about that NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND BUT TALKING TO GOD ONLY?

Please, answer the question. Thank you!
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by rhowly(m): 2:28pm On Apr 24, 2013
i firmly believe in the gift of praying/speaking in tongues, but is it a proof of an infilling with the Holy Spirit? I would say no. I truly doubt its universality. Here is why. 1Cor 12:30,31 and especially 1cor 14:5a. If the answer to my aforementioned question was TRUE, Paul wouldn't let any christian under the churches he oversaw go without the infilling of the Holy Spirit whose attendant feature was speaking in tongues. I honestly believe every christian under Paul's churches would have been filled with the Holy Spirit and if they were and did not speak in tongues, then it remains a gift. one to be desired but no more than prophesy and totally obtainable.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by truthislight: 4:35pm On Apr 24, 2013
Yooguyz:
it wasn't part of the original manuscript or you don't want it to be part of the original manuscript?
If it wasn't part of the original manuscript why didn't you guys remove it? You guys are not sure ugh?
grin

boy, can you help yourself and do a little research and see if that part of the book of mark was there in the original(original) manuscript?

We have a "long" and a "short" conclusion to the book of mark.
cool
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 4:55pm On Apr 24, 2013
truthislight: grin

boy, can you help yourself and do a little research and see if that part of the book of mark was there in the original(original) manuscript?

We have a "long" and a "short" conclusion to the book of mark.
cool
i have heard the argument before, i might even create a thread on it. But the point i have to say is what could have been the motive of whoever put the long conclusion? In those days we didn't have any factions of christians who believed healing would die with the apostles against those we believed otherwise, just like today.
Besides that contents of the long conclusion is in other parts of the gospel.
So whats the fuss about?
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by truthislight: 5:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
Goshen360: Okay, I'm here now to troubleshoot @ shdemidemi & truthislight,

You guys have been talking against (praying) tongues as a spiritual gifts but here is a questions for you yet, since none of you answered my former question, in 1 Corinthians 14:2, what tongues is it that Paul, the Apostle talked about that NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND BUT TALKING TO GOD ONLY?

Please, answer the question. Thank you!

If i was a disciple at pentecost 33ce, and i had received the ability to speak in tongues in say yoruba language and Jaw/chinese languages and ofcouse i can still speak those languages years later even when the visitors at the passover had left Jeruselam.

Now, i am in a church of Jews and greek christian years later but i know that God can hear all languages and those other languages that i can speak are like a mother tongue to me, when i then decided to use chinese to pray to God, or i decide to use IJaw even yoruba language at the same time, though my other Jewish or Greek christians now cannot understand those languages does not means i am not communicating reasonably to God but rather, i am using my spiritual gift to talk to God in the spirit though in three other languages God gave to me via the spirit. cool

Even now sef, i can start prayer in English and end it with my vernacular language.

I hope you dey feel me? cool

it is different from Aka making noise that even me sef no understand. God is not a God of confusion, so, apostle paul caution against it for the sake of the outsider.

He later said it will be done away with when those that had it maybe have finally died off.
cool

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 7:43am On Apr 25, 2013
truthislight:

If i was a disciple at pentecost 33ce, and i had received the ability to speak in tongues in say yoruba language and Jaw/chinese languages and ofcouse i can still speak those languages years later even when the visitors at the passover had left Jeruselam.

Now, i am in a church of Jews and greek christian years later but i know that God can hear all languages and those other languages that i can speak are like a mother tongue to me, when i then decided to use chinese to pray to God, or i decide to use IJaw even yoruba language at the same time, though my other Jewish or Greek christians now cannot understand those languages does not means i am not communicating reasonably to God but rather, i am using my spiritual gift to talk to God in the spirit though in three other languages God gave to me via the spirit. cool

Even now sef, i can start prayer in English and end it with my vernacular language.

I hope you dey feel me? 8

it is different from Aka making noise that even me sef no understand. God is not a God of confusion, so, apostle paul caution against it for the sake of the outsider.

He later said it will be done away with when those that had it maybe have finally died off.
cool

If the spiritual gifts of healing,tongues amongst others were still at man's disposal, one would wonder why Paul didn't call on them powers when he was sick and while he was going through all His sufferings. Even when He prayed God answered him by saying My(GOD) grace is sufficient.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 11:30am On Apr 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

If the spiritual gifts of healing,tongues amongst others were still at man's disposal, one would wonder why Paul didn't call on them powers when he was sick and while he was going through all His sufferings. Even when He prayed God answered him by saying My(GOD) grace is sufficient.
I no get power to type, refer to this link, its a write up by Sid Roth

www.sidroth.org/site/News2?abbr=art_&id=5655
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2013
Yooguyz:
I no get power to type, refer to this link, its a write up by Sid Roth

www.sidroth.org/site/News2?abbr=art_&id=5655

You probably would have made more sense than that contradicting post...she could not really explain why Paul could not heal himself or anyone around him anymore,she flew in to other MOG experiences of miracle healing. Such post will drain your spiritual man my friend.

Don't believe any man that says He has any special route to God to heal through Christ or any man that imbibe in a lazy way of praying by saying anything that hit thr lips. The only gift we have as Christians is teaching and knowledge in parts.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 3:17pm On Apr 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

You probably would have made more sense than that contradicting post...she could not really explain why Paul could not heal himself or anyone around him anymore,she flew in to other MOG experiences of miracle healing. Such post will drain your spiritual man my friend.

Don't believe any man that says He has any special route to God to heal through Christ or any man that imbibe in a lazy way of praying by saying anything that hit thr lips. The only gift we have as Christians is teaching and knowledge in parts.
could you bring out the contradicting posts?
Btw am curious what church do you attend?
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2013
Bro, lets talk scriptures rather than denomination.

From that document, can you highlight a reason why Paul could not heal himself or Timothy or Trophimus or Epaphroditus but Hagin can heal the sick.
May be Hagin got powers the Apostle didn't get through Christ...what do you think?
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 6:20pm On Apr 25, 2013
shdemidemi: Bro, lets talk scriptures rather than denomination.

From that document, can you highlight a reason why Paul could not heal himself or Timothy or Trophimus or Epaphroditus but Hagin can heal the sick.
May be Hagin got powers the Apostle didn't get through Christ...what do you think?
who told you paul could not heal himself? If he couldn't heal himself, he would have died of the poisonous snake in the island of malta. What are you insinuating about Hagin?
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 10:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
I never said He never had spiritual gifts, I said all spiritual gifts seized...plus that event happened earlier in his ministry. So back to my question why didn't he heal himself when he later fell ill and others around him too. What happened to all these powers?
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2013
shdemidemi: I never said He never had spiritual gifts, I said all spiritual gifts seized...plus that event happened earlier in his ministry. So back to my question why didn't he heal himself when he later fell ill and others around him too. What happened to all these powers?
t[b]
shdemidemi: I never said He never had spiritual gifts, I said all spiritual gifts seized...plus that event happened earlier in his ministry. So back to my question why didn't he heal himself when he later fell ill and others around him too. What happened to all these powers?
t[/b]
WHEN DID THE GIFT OF THE SPIRIT CEASE? # biblical proof/reference and please don't speculate for me#.
Who told you Paul was sick? Was it because he mentioned a thorn in the flesh?
2 corinthians 12:7
"And lest i should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me A THORN IN THE FLESH, THE MESSENGER OF SATAN TO BUFFET ME, lest i should be exalted above measure".
Are you blind! Can't you see! The thorn in flesh was A MESSENGER OF SATAN. Does sickness have a personality? Or do need me to explain that phrase in details for you? K
messenger- angel, sent one
satan- devil, deciever, fallen angel
buffet- strike repeatedly, irritate.
How you take they read your bible sef?
If you want to know what the thorn in flesh is, ask me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When My Son Survived A Serious Accident, I Didn’t Thank God. I Thanked Honda / An Evaluation Of Atum's Revelation On Jesus Christ / Who Killed More People In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.