Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,848 members, 7,906,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:27 AM

Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? (8488 Views)

Prostitutes Beat Up Policeman In Lagos / Airforce Men Beat FAAN Staff To Coma At Lagos Airport (see Graphic Photos) / Prostitutes Beat Up Pastor In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by bababuff(m): 5:50pm On Apr 12, 2008
Some of you guys are hypocrites and liars, especially the men. You don't come here and yap about men beating their wife and calling them names when you don't have any solution or advice on how it could be stopped.  A lot of you comment off point or just try to follow the popular  trend. Some of you are not even married, so you are not qualified to post anything here.

The poster is asking  a question "why". Not that he or she is saying its right or wrong for men to beat up their wives.
Some women can be so annoying, pestering and nutty, to the extend that they get beat up not even by men but by their fellow women.

It takes the grace of GOD and a man must be very disciplined not to beat some women. How do you explain this situation: Husband and wife had an argument about something (probably money for aso ebi), wife becomes abusive, in order not to beat her,  man pick up his car keys to go out but wife blocks is path, and held on to his clothes. Most men (especially newly weds) will want to hit her. It takes experience and knowing your partner well for the man not to beat her.

That's why its good to have and extensive courtship period, so that you can study your partner and know some of the things that will pain him/her more than beating.

I am married (over 10 years) and with 2 lovely kids. I don't beat my wife, (in fact, if I wan try am na fight e go be because she stand well, well)  smiley
If my wife annoys me, or call me names, all I do is ignore her. BUT (big one) if I leave the house without her apologizing (if she wrong) that means :
1. No eating of her food that night.  (Men this dey pain women o! forget all their sakara)
2. No intimate relationship for the rest of that week. cool (add 1+1 yourself)
3. If more than 4 days, I then play the no holiday card. (it has never failed me)

[NB] I will eat her food the next night o! because i don't like eating outside. (Ta ba nja bi ti ebi ko o!) Afterall na my moneygrin

Sincerely, men should not beat their wives for any reason. Learn to ignore her, and get out of the house to cool down.
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 12, 2008
some women just need to be beaten up.
sometimes their mouths run out of control and a good slap
once in a while is the right tonic to silence that wagging tongue
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by whitelexi(m): 12:29am On Apr 13, 2008
bennygee:

some women just need to be beaten up.
sometimes their mouths run out of control and a good slap
once in a while is the right tonic to silence that wagging tongue

Maturity is the better answer to a wagging tongue. Women were made to tongue-wag, but men were made to protect them and not take it out on them cool
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by yemivictor: 4:00pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ bababuff, nice one there!

But you still did not answer the question on what a guy should do if the wife gets physical & i'll share this story with the house, just as i was told!

There was this couple who were courting & they had infact made arrangements for their wedding!!

One day, they were returning from a social outing & the fiance was driving when an argument ensued!!!

The fiance, like what many of the chaps here are advocating & ladies here are anticipating, was playing the gentleman card!

Totally ignoring her & trying to concentrate on his driving!!

All of a sudden, the fiancee removed her stilettos & landed it dead center on the guy's head with deadly force & pure rage!!!

And the guy is always on skin cut, gorimapa, i might add! shocked

It is needless to say the wedding never saw the light of day! grin

So, i put this to all the "gentlemen" out there!!

What would you do in that instance assuming you don't faint instantly, that is!? grin
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2008
because some wives are very stubburn and wont listen to there husband,the man owns the wifey so he can do anything he wants with her.BEAT HELL OUT OF HER IF SHE DONT LISTEN TO YA cool
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by onyinye2(f): 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2008
nuttyKachi:

because some wives are very stubburn and wont listen to there husband,the man owns the wifey so he can do anything he wants with her.BEAT HELL OUT OF HER IF SHE DONT LISTEN TO YA cool

wow this is by far the most sad statement i have ever heard. what kind of monster would even put the thought in his mind to beat his wife. Question,

1. You would allow a man to beat your daughter?

2. You would allow a man to beat your sister?

3. You would encourage your son to beat his wife?
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2008
onyinye2

But sometimes you ladies wont just listen to ya husband and thats what happen
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by onyinye2(f): 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2008
@kachi

so just because a woman will not listen, you will beat her?? doesn't sound like a good reason to me. also you didn't any of my questions.
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 08, 2008
nuttyKachi:

But sometimes you ladies wont just listen to ya husband and thats what happen
do not tell me u believe in men beating up their wives is good
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by kokoye(m): 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2008
Although I would not touch my wife for anything, but why are u women always preaching equality when you rain curses and abuses on the men (worse than beating in a lot of situations) and push them until they actually do something.

I know some ladies that will not stop until they have been dealt with, why does it have to get to that level? there was this tenant of mine , had an argument with his wife and picked up his keys to leave the house, can you believe the wife stripped to her undies, wnet outside to the view of all the co-tenants and laid on top of the man's car while raining curses on him this is a mother o!

I also have a cousin in the UK who wanted to drive her husband crazy and told him (while he was already angry but kept his cool) that how is he sure he's the father of their kids? the guy almost threw my cousin off their high-rise building.

or a wife who disrespects your mother (another woman) right there in your the presence of everyone and continues to do it after repeated warnings.

a woman cried to her pastor after her husband dealt with her. the pastor invited the couple over so he could talk to the husband. the husband hardly said a word when the wife jumped on him with abuses and curses right in front of the pastor. the pastor said 'It will take the grace of God for even him (the pastor) not to raise his hand on you'. of course the woman dashed out of the pastor and the church , because the pastor was not on her side.

it is not right but women should not use the 'weaker sex' excuse to exploit and take men for granted, we are all human.
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by syren: 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2008
genius33:

There is no reason why rational adults should stoop to such a level and hit their partners. If they feel this is the way to handle a dispute then they aren't mature enough to even be in a relationship. Either they have anger issues or they want a sense of control. Fear does not equal respect, your spouse may fear you but wont respect you.

As for being provoked, either way in society it's not a good look for a man to beat his wife and it's not an attractive trait in a women who hits her husband either.
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by sistajay(f): 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2008
Men that hit their wives are men with low self esteem.
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2008
Kliplemet:

[size=80pt]SOME WOMEN DESERVE TO BE SLAPPED AROUND IF NOT WORSE[/size]
some men deserve to be castrated if not worse
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 08, 2008
Kliplemet

I dey feel you,Some women deserve heavy slap,cos some of them are very sturbon
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by syren: 10:10pm On Jul 08, 2008
nuttyKachi:

I dey feel you,Some women deserve heavy slap,because some of them are very sturbon

How can you condone violence in a relationship?
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 08, 2008
syren:

How can you condone violence in a relationship?
I wonder o
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by Moyola(f): 10:14pm On Jul 08, 2008
woe betide any1 that raiseth his hands 2 beat a woman!!!
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by francessby(f): 12:16am On Jul 09, 2008
it's very bad for a man to beat up his wife because once started always beating
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 09, 2008
some ladies enjoys being beat,SPANK HER WELLA
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by martho(m): 1:12pm On Jul 09, 2008
if the woman is troublesome,then quit the relationship because there is nothing like peace,if u beat her u might kill or even disfigure her.
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by holythug(m): 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2008
i ll rather keep my fingers crossed
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by syren: 3:45pm On Jul 09, 2008
nuttyKachi:

You must be braindead cool
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by Moyola(f): 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2008
nuttyKachi:

naa ur type dey beat woman
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by chamotex(m): 3:56pm On Jul 09, 2008
IF A MAN COULD HIT HIS WIFE, HE WOULD PROBABLY HIT HIS OWN MOTHER!

ME I DONT FIGHT, I ONLY MAKE LOVE grin
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by Moyola(f): 4:02pm On Jul 09, 2008
Sum men don't beat up their wife, instead dey show her pepper in d bedrm behind closed doorz,,,,,,,,,,,d woman go juzz dey halla
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by Pataki: 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2008
Moyola:

Sum men don't beat up their wife, instead dey show her pepper in d bedrm behind closed doorz,,,,,,,,,,,d woman go juzz dey halla
Can you please expatiate?
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by CARUSO(m): 4:08pm On Jul 09, 2008
Moyola:

and what kind of pepper is dat u naughty gurl?! smiley
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by ladyolis(f): 4:12pm On Jul 09, 2008
well im not Nigerian im from Zimbabwe but i have a lot of people who are married or involved with Nigerian man that they are abussive the hit their women undecided
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by Moyola(f): 4:15pm On Jul 09, 2008
CARUSO:

and what kind of pepper is that u naughty girl?! smiley

haha,,,,,,,,"sweet hot pepper"  wink

Pataki:

Can you please expatiate?

Ore mii,,,,,fii oye gbe
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by Kutey: 4:16pm On Jul 09, 2008
Most of you guys are F.u.cked up in the brain. Kiplement now I understand why you have serious issues if you are ready to insult your own mother in a forum, I'm sure you r like 12 yrs old
If you do not have the maturity to deal with a situation why get married in the first place,
Marraige is for men not animals like you or kids that when they do not get thier way start fighting and punching each other,
I've lived in Europe all my life and I cringe for the women that will end up with you villagers like you.
Really just grow up,
Even here in London you are known for being agressive and violent and because of the few idiots people unfortunately sterotype. I mean if you can beat up your wife or a girl you claim to love what can't you do to others, Sincerely I hope you guys rot
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by smooooooth: 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2008
depending on the woman. some like to be loved, others love to be beaten!
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Up Their Wives? by Pataki: 4:19pm On Jul 09, 2008
Kutey:

Most of you guys are F.u.cked up in the brain. Kiplement now I understand why you have serious issues if you are ready to insult your own mother in a forum, I'm sure you r like 12 years old
If you do not have the maturity to deal with a situation why get married in the first place,
Marraige is for men not animals like you or kids that when they do not get their way start fighting and punching each other,
I've lived in Europe all my life and I cringe for the women that will end up with you villagers like you.
Really just grow up,
Even here in London you are known for being agressive and violent and because of the few idiots people unfortunately sterotype. I mean if you can beat up your wife or a girl you claim to love what can't you do to others, Sincerely I hope you guys rot

Just don't burst your spleen over this matter. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Valentine: Girl Cuts Off Lover's Manhood In China. ( Graphic Pics) / Mop-up: Police Recover 110 Arms, 81 Ammunition In Niger State(photos) / Why Are Lawyer's Buried Face Down Instead Of Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.