Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,848 members, 7,906,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:32 AM

E-mails From Scammers! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / E-mails From Scammers! (1133 Views)

4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria / Get Free Copy On How To Protect Yourself From Scammers And Fraudsters / Unsolicited Mails From Proshareng.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

E-mails From Scammers! by ayobase(m): 5:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
They have been bombarding my account with different e-mails ranging from one sort of business to another.....I could receive about 12 e-mails within 30 days, and average of 3 calls within a month.

I go this today!

UNDP Foundation Grant.

This is to notify you that you have been selected as one of the recipients of a cash grant for the growth of your economy and personal development. You are to receive the Sum of £500,000.00 as developmental aid paid by the United Nations Foundation to individuals in selective countries. However forward this email to the UNDP secretary general Mr.Ban Ki-moon EMAIL: [ban.kimoon11@att.net] Your attention is highly appreciated.

Yours faithfully,
Gerard Simonette
United Nations Foundation UK
Help save paper! Do you really need to print this email? This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the recipient/s to whom it is addressed and may contain material that is PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL. It is the property of UTT in which all rights are reserved except where otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that unauthorized use, disclosure, dissemination, reproduction, distribution of, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND MAY BE UNLAWFUL. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by e-mail and delete all copies thereof. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Neither the sender nor UTT accepts any liability for damage of any kind resulting from risks which are inherent in the electronic transmission of messages.

THE VICTIMS ARE ONLY GLUTTONS!

I'm gonna be updating more as they pop in!
Re: E-mails From Scammers! by Evergreen4(m): 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
I got d first mail too like 3 weeks ago, and I also av a lot of dem in Spam. Dey re really funny thinking I will fall prey
Re: E-mails From Scammers! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 22, 2013
I don't get any cos i take caution on the kinda sites i use my e-mail and i don't give out my e-mail publicly. Maybe you guys should also take caution cos ......hmmmm
Re: E-mails From Scammers! by ayobase(m): 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
speedyboi: I don't get any cos i take caution on the kinda sites i use my e-mail and i don't give out my e-mail publicly. Maybe you guys should also take caution cos ......hmmmm

Its not based on that.
There is a software scammers use to siphon e-mails from the net!
Re: E-mails From Scammers! by Trut(m): 2:37am On Apr 23, 2013
I delete such e-mails sharp sharp, no time to waste in reading it.
Re: E-mails From Scammers! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 23, 2013
ayobase:

Its not based on that.
There is a software scammers use to siphon e-mails from the net!

Its the same thing...these softwares don't crack up e-mails from heaven! The softwares hack websites for e-mails and also search the web randomly incase of careless posters.

Whichever way sha, I thank my stars that I've not been victim to any scam mails. But I can't help but relate it to my cautiousness. I may be wrong though...
Re: E-mails From Scammers! by ayobase(m): 12:32am On Apr 28, 2013
Another format.

"Hello Dear,
My name is Miss Pamela, a tall good looking young girl,so lovely and caring
with good understanding.fair in complexion,care with good sharing,honesty.
I saw your profile which interested me much and i decided to contact you.
I really want to have a good friendship with you even if you have married we
can be friends ,
i have a reason of selecting you as my friend,pls if you
wish to know more.Pls contact me through this my e-mail address ok ,We need
to talk and know ourself more and equally share pictures to each other.hope
to hear from you.
Please reply me with my e-mail address here
Yours New Friend
Miss Pamela
Thanks"

I got that this morning!
Re: E-mails From Scammers! by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 28, 2013
ayobase: Another format.

"Hello Dear,
My name is Miss Pamela, a tall good looking young girl,so lovely and caring
with good understanding.fair in complexion,care with good sharing,honesty.
I saw your profile which interested me much and i decided to contact you.
I really want to have a good friendship with you even if you have married we
can be friends ,
i have a reason of selecting you as my friend,pls if you
wish to know more.Pls contact me through this my e-mail address ok ,We need
to talk and know ourself more and equally share pictures to each other.hope
to hear from you.
Please reply me with my e-mail address here
Yours New Friend
Miss Pamela
Thanks"

I got that this morning!

I've gotten this kinda e-mail before, but it's through nairaland PM grin. I didn't even bother to reply
Re: E-mails From Scammers! by ayobase(m): 12:11am On Apr 29, 2013
speedyboi:

I've gotten this kinda e-mail before, but it's through nairaland PM grin. I didn't even bother to reply

We gat dem many scammers on NL!

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been Debited By The ATM Machine Without Getting The Cash? / Best ECN Broker Of The Year! /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.