Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,639 members, 7,892,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 02:24 PM

Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University (7862 Views)

Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming / Wole Soyinka Opposes UNILAG/MAU Renaming / Sagay, Others Differ Over Renaming Of UNILAG In Honour Of Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by lavivifubs: 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
Jonathan is a disgrace for insisting on the name change when the people say NO to it. What then is democracy about? Is it government of the few? Or is it government by armtwisting with State apparatus? Oh No! I hope the Senate hears from its people. But if the Senate says YES to the name change, I believe that the House of Reps will surely say NO to it.
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by Melancholy(m): 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
If this report is anyway to go by,means the legislature are not ready to respect the judiciary.After judicial precedence on this same issue they still have gut to be debated.Though M.K.O deserves more than that nau!
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by dbride: 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
Idle men and women wasting our money and time flogging a dead horse.
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by IYANGBALI: 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
Phonon: They won't leave UNILAG alone.Wetin we do una?
you be Unilag student?no be mechanic you be?
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by obiseq: 2:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
MISPLACED PRIORITY!!! None of Nigerian University is among 100 Best Universities in world, but dey are less concern only to chase a shadow. Dis is a Product of a Failed System
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by GENTLETEE(m): 3:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
What is going on? I thought Pres. Jona decided to maintain the status quo after the hues and cries against the move. It will still fail at the floor of the senate, so there is really nothing to worry about.
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by DEastman: 3:31pm On Apr 24, 2013
Don't they have more important issues to discuss?
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by igchuka(m): 3:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
Frankie9ice: This MAULAG issue brings again to d fore d fact dt Gej's govt is a very divisive one (a govt of divide & rule). The primary aim of Gej in renaming Unilag after d great MKO is simply to divide d south west,...MKO's family,friends & supporters on one side,and d general public who feels there is something nostalgic,Behind,and classy about d name Unilag on d other side.
If Gej truly agrees dt MKO is deserving of National honour then he shud name University of Abuja after MKO,...he cud as well rename the National Stadium Abuja "MKO ABIOLA NATIONAL STADIUM". Truth is,Gej is simply playing politics,....he doesn't mean to honour MKO and every objective Nigerian knows dt.
Gej is doing the right thing, every june 12 some yoruba's will demand that mko be honoured, and now that Gej has done that, they are now opposing it. Is it not hypocrisy on their part? Remember mko is from the west
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by igchuka(m): 3:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
olaolaking: This Gej dey really fall my hand o. why not name ASO ROCK VILLA AFTER MKO. MKO ABIOLA PRESIDENTIAL VILLA. simple !

like if you agree
The is, does mko abiola deserves to be honoured or not? If you can answer that question, then you will not have a problem with what Gej is only. Unless june 12 is all about selfish people, which most of you were supporting.
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by Tolexander: 5:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
emerald topaz: lmao....dude i love ur pm,no one can b more apt & precise in describing nairaland
am sweeter than my pm.

1 Like

Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by BankuTilapia: 5:41pm On Apr 24, 2013
Wuz all diz fuss abt renaming a damn warehouse cheesy
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by Teeforeal(m): 5:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
The federal government has the right to change the name of any federal institutions.

1 Like

Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by Remii(m): 8:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
slimyem: Why is Jonathan this stubborn?
Why are they wasting time on something that'll NEVER materialise?...as in NEVER EVER materialise!!
#siddon look mode#

You go soon know how far, una think say govt go go down without a fight? No be una say he do am the wrong way? Guy man wan do am the right way now na grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by Tolexander: 8:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
emerald topaz: lmao....dude i love ur pm,no one can b more apt & precise in describing nairaland
would prefer loving me to my pm!
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by Vansnickers: 9:18pm On Apr 24, 2013
bolakale30: This F.G no dey hear word... If I hear say we gree, this time around na bombing tins, maybe part of our amnesty program will be restoring the name... Hehehehehe...m yeye people... If u are an akokite, like this post

It's enough.
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by Vansnickers: 9:19pm On Apr 24, 2013
Does changing the Name to MAULAG diminish the University's good/bad reputation. NO! it doesn't.
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by tolex34(m): 3:40am On Apr 25, 2013
moshoodn: UNILAG is under fire...
Just because of you(MOSHOOD)
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by bolakale30(m): 6:48am On Apr 25, 2013
Van snickers:

It's enough.
Sey wetin ? Which side u dey ?
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by Parnassuss(m): 7:41am On Apr 25, 2013
Wait a minute, EFCC is run on federal character? HABA BABAGANA?

What on earth gives credence to running our foremost unit against anticorruption on the basis of region? Even the army does not promote on regional basis
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by mayorjo4u: 8:32am On Apr 25, 2013
What I would like is to name it Goodluck Ebele Jonathan University... If he can not.. Then leave it alone...
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by moshoodn(m): 10:50am On Apr 25, 2013
tolex34:
Just because of you(MOSHOOD)

Bro I wish o....
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by Edmanpumpin(m): 1:09pm On Apr 25, 2013
Moshood Abiola University all the way..... Gej is now going tru tha right channel, why the complain fellas. Face your studies students and stop whining. As for the us the graduates of UNILAG lets ratify the name and contribute our own quota to d development of our alma matar jus like MKO did with his money.
Re: Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University by Mogidi: 3:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
This is a great gesture to Yoruba people naming a uni to one of the most recognisable Yoruba man after Awo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: One Of The Most Curious Building In Japan / Court Jails Six MASSOB Members In Asaba / Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.