Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,961 members, 7,966,551 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 05:07 PM

Punctuated English - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Punctuated English (688 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Punctuated English by SamMilla1(m): 1:02am On Apr 12, 2008
Okay, if you think all is well with the shorthand spellings and careless punctuations we do these days, wait until you hear this. Johnny met this babe and after a dinner decided to write her a love note. He asked help from his linguistic friend, who promptly sent him the following draft:

My Dear Pat,

The dinner we shared the other night – it was absolutely lovely! Not in my wildest dreams could I ever imagine
anyone as perfect as you are. Could you – even if only for a moment – think of our being together forever?
What a cruel joke to have you come into my life only to leave again; it would be heaven denied. The possibility of
seeing you again makes me giddy with joy. I face the time we are apart with great sadness.

John.

P.S.: I would like to tell you that I love you. I can’t stop thinking that you are one of the prettiest women on earth.

Okay, Johnny got down to business and copied the draft in his own handwriting. The finished product? See for yourself:

My Dear

Pat the dinner we shared the other night. It was absolutely lovely – not! In my wildest dreams,
could I ever imagine anyone? As perfect as you are, could you – if only for a moment – think?
Of our being together forever: what a cruel joke! To have you come into my life only to leave again: it would be heaven!
Denied the possibility of seeing you again makes me giddy. With joy I face the time we are apart.

With great ‘sadness,’

John

P.S.: I would like to tell you that I love you. I can’t. Stop thinking that you are one of the prettiest women on earth.

What happened next? Your guess!
Re: Punctuated English by ituen(m): 1:35am On Apr 12, 2008
What happened next?

Lets ask gilgee, segun or olulu when they wake up from sleep

(1) (Reply)

1, 2, 3 / The 5 Questions Most Feared By Men / One Last Confession (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.