Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,498 members, 7,885,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:32 PM

Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? (17345 Views)

Nigeria Info FM Begins Transmission In Port Harcourt / New On Radio: Nigeria Info 99.3fm Hits The Lagos Airwaves / Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 03, 2013
Gaddamn she is butt ugly....
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by joeruano: 9:06pm On May 03, 2013
[
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by joeruano: 9:08pm On May 03, 2013
k'nash:
you are too daft. y would u make such a statement. go get your head examine. mongoloid.

@K'nash,why were u always not in class each time ur english teacher taught tenses in ur sec. sch. days? why cldnt u jst write examined instead examine?

2 Likes

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by Mustay(m): 10:35pm On May 03, 2013
I don't go on hating people, it's a waste of emotions but I dunno, Matse is/was better at Wazobia than Nigeria Info - ever since she started 'speaking English', it seemed her 'roles' changed.

I wouldn't say journalists should not know a lot about a topic, especially to correct wrong information from a caller but I know they had something to do with BBC before they launched 99.3. Maybe they should listen to programs like WHYS - if you want to be the boss on your show, produce it and present it without accepting calls since you want to inform them.

If you want conversations with listeners, make sure you're a good moderator of the forum - (Citizen) Jones Usen of CBS would serve as an example in Lagos. Also, I've forgotten the name of the guy who anchors Classic Fm's business show on weekends - him, Halima or so on Smooth fm also suffice.

The deal is to moderate effectively. I listen to a lot of phone-in shows but you realize eventually, that no matter what you say, some people will try to force an opinion on others irrespective of being updated on information to correct their notions or just respecting others' entitlements to their opinions - that's the way 'gbogbo ero' shows are. To up the ante, a discussion with a panel of experts could be employed and just some few calls.

2 Likes

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by rubion: 12:08am On May 04, 2013
The main issue is that she's ugly ! I cant seem to get my mind of her ugliness. she's angry at nigerians because she was meant to play for super falcons but they rejected her !
radio listeners are gay anyway so i really dont give a furk about ya'll. Ciao.
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by MEILYN(m): 12:13am On May 04, 2013
yea she is very aggressive, nd most times re views re stupid but she will still argue abt it...She always argue rudely wit Chuks of Nigeria Info, I dont even listen to her program anymore, She hit on callers anyhow

1 Like

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by howardriddle: 1:05am On May 04, 2013
2 words. Who cares?

if you care hit like

if you dont care hit dislike(goodluck at that)

if you want to be made, well, follow me
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by 2sign: 4:25am On May 04, 2013
i don't listen 2 radio anymore,but i know matse and my sista said d same thing on wednesday.

1 Like

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by dicksonadams(m): 7:11am On May 04, 2013
why she come sit down let say she wan shit hot shit for that chair...just wondering

2 Likes

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by LI(m): 8:03am On May 04, 2013
I thought it was just me. I noticed this a while back. I think the switch to Nigeria Info really brought out the real her. By the way, I unfollowed her on twitter for the same reason.

1 Like

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by imatejammer: 10:01am On May 04, 2013
The management should do the right thing; send her back to Wazobia FM where she excelled.
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by omoabolade(m): 10:09am On May 04, 2013
The Matse i do listen to in WAZOBIA FM cant b d same egoistic and one with attitudinal problembeing discused here. If dts d case dn its so unfortunate. Maybe she needs to learn frm great Radio presenters like Godwin Enhakhana of Top sports- awon baba niyen

1 Like

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by ZACHIE: 10:28am On May 04, 2013
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by JFK68: 12:52pm On May 04, 2013
Matse is no doubt very intelligent and a good radio presenter, but u can't blame her attitude which I personally don't like too, but come on fellas, she's a free thinker for crying out loud, So wat did u guys expect from somebody who doesn't believe in any religion...... My take.
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 04, 2013
I noticed too. If you don't agree with her, she'll just end the call abruptly. She is all about her own opinion. Sometimes her topics don't even make sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by MacLovington(m): 7:08pm On May 04, 2013
Matse Uwatse, what is that?

The name of new tse-tse fly species?
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by illuminutty: 7:49pm On May 04, 2013
good

1 Like

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by Biggyd2: 10:02pm On May 04, 2013
She is not the only rude one in that station. Many of them cut off the phone on callers to the programes indiscriminately. I agree that some callers can be annoying but people that interact with the public have to learn to manage all manner of people and show professionalism; ask Chaz B or Wana wana. Some of the presenters are still good though. I preferred this lady when she was with Wazobia FM. Now, she sounds funny (don't know if the right word is fake really). But just take a cue from moi, if any of them starts annoying you, just switch to something else. Works for me all the time, I tell ya wink.

1 Like

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by fyneconcepts: 8:26am On May 05, 2013
Der_Fuhrer: People still listen to radio in 2013?! I'll be goddamed!

Yes they do especially in a place like Lagos where u can spend as much as 3 hrs in traffic for a 3km journey
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by wildchild1: 1:56pm On May 05, 2013
Well,i dont really know much about her on nigeria info but i think she's cool when she was still with wazobia fm

illuminutty :
cant remember the last time I listened to radio. why should I even listen to radio with their frequent obituary announcements and annoying commercials? mehn, entertainment has moved to internet and satellite televisions. listening to radio is like telling me to buy a newspaper forgetting that I can read everything online FOC. radio is in the past. and radio presentation is one of the fastest dying career in the 21st century.
Side note: an average person born in Warri is arrogant, disrespectful and offish.
satellite televisions? info is faster to get on radio than tv and radio presentation aint dying cos more radio stations are springing up eryday in most part of nigeria as a matter of fact,its the fastest rising career in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by zoedicus: 5:05pm On May 05, 2013
u are indeed goddamed!!!
carry ur television everywhere na. Sm ppl too dey form.
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by bizzle2: 7:10pm On May 05, 2013
lol, hvnt tuned in to a radio station in months...evn on ma phn, too many other entertainment /information sources and distractions I suppose
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by gmhc(m): 8:46am On May 06, 2013
I think she should take it down a bit, she is intelligent no doubt but what she knows someone taught her so?
A friend of mine complained of this initially but i thought it's just a small thing but now that it is coming up again. Make she take cold pure water to cool her nerves abeg

1 Like

Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by RuggedSniper: 11:40pm On Jun 17, 2020
ZACHIE:

She obviously packs knowledge in her head and spares no opportunity to make her listeners know how little they know of life.
Her position on religion is distinctly unique and strong. She seems to hold on to some eclectic fanciful sets of believes and she spares no time to make her listeners know that their religion is by no means superior to her believes.
you have to respect her for that
But, she comes across as very arrogant and offish.
This is particularity worrisome because Radio is the must friendly of the media. Matse is not friendly.
My opinion. what do you think?

Matse Uwatse (10 May 1981) popularly known as Matse is a Nigerian radio presenter. Born in Warri in Delta State, she is the daughter of John Uwatse (an engineer) and Pat Omare (a businesswoman). Uwatse works with 95.1 Wazobia FM, a Pidgin English-speaking radio station established in 2007. She hosts the midday show called "Coolele Zone".
Early Life and Education

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matse_Uwatse

Uwatse was born on the 10th of May, 1981 in Warri, Delta State in the southern parts of Nigeria. The first of ten siblings, she has six brothers and three sisters. She first attended John F. Kennedy International school in Effurun, then Our Lady's High School Effurun before moving to Federal Government College Warri. She later proceeded to Delta State University, Abraka, and had a year abroad course in French studies at Village du Benin, Togo. Matse is presently pursuing a second degree. She hosts HARD FACTS with Chuks
Awards

Uwatse won the Club Unique awards in 2008 for "Most Outstanding radio Presenter of this Generation". In 2009 she won the Women in Media and Entertainment Awards for her "Excellence in Radio Presenting", and the African Voices Awards in Nairobi, Kenya as the "Most Outstanding Radio Presenter in West Africa" 2009. In February 2010 she won the Future Awards as the "On Air Personality of the year", ELOY Awards 2010 as "Radio Personality of the year"", the Best of Nollywood (BON) awards for radio personality of 2010. In the recently concluded the Future Awards 2011, she has emerged a second time winner as "On Air
^^^grin...Joyce Onyemowa is the new definition of arrogance on that station... Talking down on some of her callers. I listen online to the station.
Re: Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? by ZACHIE: 8:23am On Jun 18, 2020
RuggedSniper:
^^^grin...Joyce Onyemowa is the new definition of arrogance on that station... Talking down on some of her callers. I listen online to the station.

I have stopped listening to that station 100%.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rema Performs At His 02 Arena "Ravage Uprising" Concert (Video) / The Official Radiopalmwine.com Thread / Which Is Your Favourite 2face Song?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.