Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,352 members, 7,940,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 01:53 AM

A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals (6731 Views)

Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? / Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by mkmyers45(m): 7:15pm On Apr 25, 2013
Hey there, This a thread for people who consider themselves as commitment shy [like myself] to talk out thier heart albiet anonymously. Anyway, Mine can be quite bad o...I have even been described as 'Emotionally Unavailable'. I try hard to grasp the magnitude and responsibilities associated with relationship. I have long term friends of both sexes sha. How does one make him/herself available emotionally? I try to be a romantic, a good guy and all. I suck at keeping up the call/text every minute thingy. Recently, its gotten so bad that a girl told me that i need to see a doctor as she can't figure out what is always on my mind and making me distance. Could be it because of my experiences at a tender age? I have to admit that sometimes im very worried where this may leave me in future...

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by sholay2011(m): 7:55pm On Apr 25, 2013
I am also like you Op (though I think say your own worse pass my own o grin).

So, what is the purpose of the thread sir? undecided

Is it for us to share experiences or 'remove that shyness' through a forum like this?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 25, 2013
What experiences did u have at a tender age that you believe may be affecting you?
Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by mkmyers45(m): 9:16pm On Apr 25, 2013
sholay2011: I am also like you Op (though I think say your own worse pass my own o grin).

So, what is the purpose of the thread sir? undecided

Is it for us to share experiences or 'remove that shyness' through a forum like this?

Thank you.
Let me say that maybe i want to hear opinion as to the bigger picture. Is asexuality also at play? You can also sense worry on your part and that of others no? Maybe im just scared...
Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by mkmyers45(m): 9:27pm On Apr 25, 2013
andromida: What experiences did u have at a tender age that you believe may be affecting you?
Witnessing firsthand the evils and pains of relationships. Had a relationship with an older woman too..ended in pain for me.
Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by Nobody: 3:27am On Apr 26, 2013
mkmyers45: Witnessing firsthand the evils and pains of relationships. Had a relationship with an older woman too..ended in pain for me.

Ok so you are scared and protect yourself by avoiding commitment. Many people had a painful relationship one time or the other but got over it and got over themselves. It didn't happen to just you.I guess you'll find a way out of the hole eventually.
Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by Nobody: 5:51am On Apr 26, 2013
you're being overly cautious and this will hurt you in the long run. I was exactly like you too until i realized i wasnt helping myself... drop your guard, go with the flow and just have fun. The reason your relationships dont pan out is because YOU place that imaginary distance... not everyone wants to break down a self-inflicted barrier just to get to you.

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 01, 2013
I know a guy that had a relationship with his pillow. I don't know if he still does though, because we lost contact.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by An0nimus: 12:11pm On May 03, 2013
*takes a seat* let's see how this thread goes. I just might learn a thing or two.
Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by lifestyle1(m): 12:11pm On May 03, 2013
Subscribed....
Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by adewal15(m): 12:12pm On May 03, 2013
Foundation really matters what you're made of.. A Maryland kid can't act like that of Ajegunle and can't be as bold.. You have force yourself out of that she'll before you lose so many things bigger than you think.(I'm sure you must have lost so man.e.gGF.) cos you're shy.. Naija no give space for Boy+(positive) to act as Girls–(negative).. Wish you the best.
Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 03, 2013
Sometimes I pray for Nairaland front page. Other times I just tell Lucifer to do whatever he pleases with it.
Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by ZACHIE: 12:14pm On May 03, 2013
kcuf commitment and relationships
Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by slimyem: 12:17pm On May 03, 2013
Nothing sucks as much as people who can't commit but want all the goodies that come with comittment.
Time passes away before you just because you are trying not to get hurt.
One day,you are just going to end up sad,lonely and miserable having lost potential future partners to your mindlessness.

Committment is hardly a problem with girls anyways.Its more of a guy problem.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by vizboy(m): 12:18pm On May 03, 2013
Am good with relationship but my only problem is the daily calls i cant keep up with that and sometimes my girl normally complains. Dont know if it is normal or is it just me

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by raynold(m): 12:19pm On May 03, 2013
guessing I really should be leading the pack here..
Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by kedukc(m): 12:34pm On May 03, 2013
story of my life.

i call when i have something to say.

it's not a 'dating' thing.

it's not premeditated, and

it's not selective.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by Tingles(m): 12:37pm On May 03, 2013
Each time I try being committed, I check my wallet and I change my mind...There is no point bringing close to your nostrils what you don't intend to eat.

8 Likes

Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by RuuDie(m): 12:37pm On May 03, 2013
There is no such thing as a commitment-shy, unromantic and emotionally unavailable person. You are simply misunderstood because you just do not conform with what some people have come to accept as "norm".

I do not see this as a problem. For I cannot give what I do not have... you are you; and you can only "tweak" yourself a little bit to get accepted but ultimately your true self shines through.

How I get by? I let you know straight-up the kind of baggages I bear; if you can deal with it, fine! If you can't, there is no use trying!

Oh, one last thing... you have to grow very thick skin!

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by spyking: 12:43pm On May 03, 2013
vizboy: Am good with relationship but my only problem is the daily calls i cant keep up with that and sometimes my girl normally complains. Dont know if it is normal or is it just me

Are u complaining abt d call card or what,cuz as for me n my gurl we call almost 24hours a day (note:distance relationship)but she do all d calling n I aint complain or she either

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by seyi42k(m): 12:53pm On May 03, 2013
mkmyers45: Hey there, This a thread for people who consider themselves as commitment shy [like myself] to talk out thier heart albiet anonymously. Anyway, Mine can be quite bad o...I have even been described as 'Emotionally Unavailable'. I try hard to grasp the magnitude and responsibilities associated with relationship. I have long term friends of both sexes sha. How does one make him/herself available emotionally? I try to be a romantic, a good guy and all. I suck at keeping up the call/text every minute thingy. Recently, its gotten so bad that a girl told me that i need to see a doctor as she can't figure out what is always on my mind and making me distance. Could be it because of my experiences at a tender age? I have to admit that sometimes im very worried where this may leave me in future...

Hi OP,

Nothing is wrong with. Kindly read 'Emotional Intelligence' by Daniel Goleman or 'Why you act the way you do' by Tim Lahaye. It will tell you about our mental and emotional states.

You can then start learning about the kind of person you are.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by DerFuhrer: 1:04pm On May 03, 2013
Lol. We have this in common. I don't think I can commit myself to any lady, I'm not just cut out for the whole lovey-dovey thing. I've had many dreams about my future but I've never been married in any, and trust me I'm straighter than most straight guys.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by kolinz(m): 1:12pm On May 03, 2013
The Writer: Sometimes I pray for Nairaland front page. Other times I just tell Lucifer to do whatever he pleases with it.

lol
Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by Cine(m): 1:19pm On May 03, 2013
Lol. We have this in common. I don't think I can commit myself to any lady, I'm not just cut out for the whole lovey-dovey thing. I've had many dreams about my future but I've never been married in any, and trust me I'm straighter than most straight guys.

Well firstly thanks for letting us all know just how NOT GAY you are..... but I'm guessing you and OP simply haven't found a girl you liked enough or perhaps there's something stopping you from trying to get to know a girl you find attractive. Like the fear of being hurt.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 03, 2013
wow,thought it was only me.
Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by DerFuhrer: 1:35pm On May 03, 2013
Cine:

Well firstly thanks for letting us all know just how NOT GAY you are..... but I'm guessing you and OP simply haven't found a girl you liked enough or perhaps there's something stopping you from trying to get to know a girl you find attractive. Like the fear of being hurt.

Trust me I've met some girls whom I had a great deal of admiration for, in some cases they felt the same way about me but love? Committment? I don't know man...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by BANGASOUP1: 1:37pm On May 03, 2013
1st
Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by yuzedo: 1:39pm On May 03, 2013
I dunno if womens wants me for my money or for my charrmin goods look. dat make me shy. and single, cry cry cry and i wish to comitt with NL babe. tenks smiley
Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by BrokenTV: 2:03pm On May 03, 2013
I like this thread just keep the light burning. At least we can learn a few things from here.
Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by susay2006: 3:20pm On May 03, 2013
same wiv me... God help us all!
Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 03, 2013
I appreciate this thread,,I kinda fall into this category ..after being hurt inthe first relationship I backed out completely,trying to be too careful I guess,,seems like all guys re deceits nd want only one tingy!!! I guess I'm coming out of it all gradually after I realized,,,I GOT NOREAL FRIENDS...decent guys re welcome!!!!one L♥√ع

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Commitment-shy Individuals by endibe(m): 3:48pm On May 03, 2013
I have decided 2 see a pastor as a girl recently told me dat God made a mistake by making me handsome

(1) (2) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Mexico / HELP!!! I Just Caught A Scorpion In My Kids Bathroom. / How To Keep Your Gay Life Secret In Naija By Chinua Onwukike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.