Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,210 members, 7,950,179 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 10:01 AM

The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! (2562 Views)

Atheists Have A Religion / Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold / Do Atheists Have Hope? What Is Their Purpose In Life? What Keeps Atheists Alive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Erm....how are you not a wacko? Claiming that god is outside time? Does it sound logical that a being can exist oustide time?

Who is talking about me...I am 'crazilly wacked'...actually I have been a wacko right from my mother's womb.

However, Ife's statement is very inappropriate and joining the bandwagon does not make it right. There are lots of Christians who cannot be described as such.

Now to the bold....

Does the fact that something does not sound logical make it any less of the truth? Some billion years ago, the idea of an air craft would be considered very silly and kinda wacked but today it is an every day thing...still in the past, it would be inconceivable to think of parthenogenesis but today it is quite conceivable...

LB a lot of things might sound illogical for lack of the appropriate 'know-how' but this does not mean that it is less of the truth.

4 Likes

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 26, 2013
ifeness:

@ Striktlym

What is the average IQ of a christian is Nigeria?

Why don't you humour me with the stat mr. high IQ...
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Who is talking about me...I am 'crazilly wacked'...actually I have been a wacko right from my mother's womb.

However, Ife's statement is very inappropriate and joining the bandwagon does not make it right. There are lots of Christians who cannot be described as such.

Now to the bold....

Does the fact that something does not sound logical make it any less of the truth? Some billion years ago, the idea of an air craft would be considered very silly and kinda wacked but today it is an every day thing...still in the past, it would be inconceivable to think of parthenogenesis but today it is quite conceivable...

LB a lot of things might sound illogical for lack of the appropriate 'know-how' but this does not mean that it is less of the truth.

Your aircraft analogy is a failure. The idea of an aircraft will always be either foolish or logical because it is an idea dependent on the thinker's explanation. A detailed explanation (based on tested expeiments and evidence) of achieving flight with an engine and propeller and wings will always be factual.

Now, back to the point- an argument/statement that is logical will always have an element of truth to it but an illogical statement or argument without evidence can never be true.

Saying that god is outside time is not only illogical but unprovable.

1 Like

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Now to the bold....

You love silly strawmen and truisms.

God being outside time is not illogical because it sounds illogical. It is illogical because it is demonstrably false, impossible to be true (even according to the bible) and has no evidence to support it.

There is no lack of know how here. And like the sheep that they are, yo comment got to likes by people who cant even think for themselves. Christians.....
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Your aircraft analogy is a failure. The idea of an aircraft will always be either foolish or logical because it is an idea dependent on the thinker's explanation. A detailed explanation (based on tested expeiments and evidence) of achieving flight with an engine and propeller and wings will always be factual.

Let me get this straight...if you live in a cave some years ago, you would consider it logical when a fellow cave man tells you that men will fly in the air one day? Okay o, I hear you!

Logicboy03:
Now, back to the point- an argument/statement that is logical will always have an element of truth to it but an illogical statement or argument without evidence can never be true.

LB, not every logical statement has an element of truth. A statement can be logical even when it is not true...now tell me, is the argument below logical:

Striktlymi was seen killing a child in cold blood...

Striktlmi was arrested, charged and positively identified by 10 eye witnesses....

Striktlymi's DNA was found at the scene of the crime and on the murder weapon...

Therefore striktlymi was convicted for murder.

Logicboy03:
Saying that god is outside time is not only illogical but unprovable.

How do you know that it will not be proven sometime in the future?

1 Like

Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

You love silly strawmen and truisms.

You make me wonder whether you know the meaning of the word...

Logicboy03:
God being outside time is not illogical because it sounds illogical. It is illogical because it is demonstrably false, impossible to be true (even according to the bible) and has no evidence to support it.

The 'sounding' thingy was from your post man...I didn't make it up.

Now the bold is very interesting...kindly demonstrate why the God being outside time is false.***grabs a super jumbo sized pop-corn**

Logicboy03:
There is no lack of know how here. And like the sheep that they are, yo comment got to likes by people who cant even think for themselves. Christians.....

Now the bold is very interesting...this coming from the leader of the bandwagon...
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Let me get this straight...if you live in a cave some years ago, you would consider it logical when a fellow cave man tells you that men will fly in the air one day? Okay o, I hear you!

LB, not every logical statement has an element of truth. A statement can be logical even when it is not true...now tell me, is the argument below logical:

Striktlymi was seen killing a child in cold blood...

Striktlmi was arrested, charged and positively identified by 10 eye witnesses....

Striktlymi's DNA was found at the scene of the crime and on the murder weapon...

Therefore striktlymi was convicted for murder.

How do you know that it will not be proven sometime in the future?

1) Your first question, was the other caveman saying that men will fly like birds or describing flight with engines and propellers?

2) Your dna was found on the murder weapon and you were seen in the process of the murder by eye witnesses....guilty as hell.
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
striktlymi:

You make me wonder whether you know the meaning of the word...

The 'sounding' thingy was from your post man...I didn't make it up.

Now the bold is very interesting...kindly demonstrate why the God being outside time is false.***grabs a super jumbo sized pop-corn**

Now the bold is very interesting...this coming from the leader of the bandwagon...

If god is outside time, he cant think or have memories because those are time based actions. If he cant think or have memories, he is not an intelligent being and he couldnt have made the decisions he made in the bible.

God being outside time is demonstrably false by science and the bible.

Keep negatin your own bible. Your God was constrained by time. Took him six periods to create the universe and rested on the 7th period. He cursed future generations, he peredicted floods, he never time travelled to the past.....

my guy.....you have been thoroughly debunked, dont choke on the popcorn.....or was the popcorn only metaphorical like the genesis account?
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Why don't you humour me with the stat mr. high IQ...

http://onemansblog.com/2011/08/06/christians-openly-advocate-killing-athiests-on-fox-news-facebook-page/

Look up this link and see how terrible christians are.
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Grounded or dumbfounded by the people who claim that it is possible for a being to exist outside time.
I also think it is possible.
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

1) Your first question, was the other caveman saying that men will fly like birds or describing flight with engines and propellers?

The caveman has no idea how men will fly but he believes firmly that they will one day.

Logicboy03:
2) Your dna was found on the murder weapon and you were seen in the process of the murder by eye witnesses....guilty as hell.

You are very correct in arriving at that verdict...if I was a member of that jury, the verdict won't take more than a minute to arrive at.

Now, 10 minutes before this man would face the hang man's noose, a man hurried into the prison yard and the guards were stunned at what they saw...

No guard could explain how this murderer escaped prison and is here standing right before them...how can they explain to the governor that this child killer is out on the streets?

Before the man could catch his breath, the guards were on him, and before the man could say 'listen' he is already in cuffs and off to his cell they went...

They got there and what greeted them was even more confusing...the man they believed had been captured was still inside his cell...

The man convicted of the crime has an identical twin brother who has a similar DNA as he does and he was the one who committed the murder, not the convicted brother...the brother kept quiet to cover for his younger twin.

The jury depended on logic in convicting the man but despite this logically concluded case...the man was falsely accused.

Bottom line: Not everything that follows logic is necessarily true.
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 26, 2013
ifeness:

http://onemansblog.com/2011/08/06/christians-openly-advocate-killing-athiests-on-fox-news-facebook-page/

Look up this link and see how terrible christians are.

...are you saying that it is logical to say the crime of 'some' is the crime of 'all'?
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

If god is outside time, he cant think or have memories because those are time based actions. If he cant think or have memories, he is not an intelligent being and he couldnt have made the decisions he made in the bible.

I agree with the above to extent that all you have said would be true for every human but no one said that God is human.

Logicboy03:
God being outside time is demonstrably false by science and the bible.

Kindly demonstrate how science shows this.

Logicboy03:
Keep negatin your own bible. Your God was constrained by time. Took him six periods to create the universe and rested on the 7th period. He cursed future generations, he peredicted floods, he never time travelled to the past.....

The above has been explained a number of times and I don't want to go into that again.

#Before we know na, we go count 60 pages for here.

Logicboy03:
my guy.....you have been thoroughly debunked, dont choke on the popcorn.....or was the popcorn only metaphorical like the genesis account?

Metaphorical ke...I still dey munch d thing for here...
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 26, 2013
striktlymi:

The caveman has no idea how men will fly but he believes firmly that they will one day.

You are very correct in arriving at that verdict...if I was a member of that jury, the verdict won't take more than a minute to arrive at.

Now, 10 minutes before this man would face the hang man's noose, a man hurried into the prison yard and the guards were stunned at what they saw...

No guard could explain how this murderer escaped prison and is here standing right before them...how can they explain to the governor that this child killer is out on the streets?

Before the man could catch his breath, the guards were on him, and before the man could say 'listen' he is already in cuffs and off to his cell they went...

They got there and what greeted them was even more confusing...the man they believed had been captured was still inside his cell...

The man convicted of the crime has an identical twin brother who has a similar DNA as he does and he was the one who committed the murder, not the convicted brother...the brother kept quiet to cover for his younger twin.

The jury depended on logic in convicting the man but despite this logically concluded case...the man was falsely accused.

Bottom line: Not everything that follows logic is necessarily true.

[size=25pt]FAIL[/size]

They also check for finger prints when doing the dna analysis. No two people have the same fingerprints.

There are other problems with your twin story but I will hide it for now, in case you have some dubious arguments left
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 26, 2013
LB I am going to play somewhere else...

don't miss me too much hun kiss shocked
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

[size=25pt]FAIL[/size]

They also check for finger prints when doing the dna analysis. No two people have the same fingerprints.

There are other problems with your twin story but I will hide it for now, in case you have some dubious arguments left

No finger print on the weapon man...just blood.

#Na your story again? grin
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 26, 2013
LB sweetheart, might just be back if I feel like grin...
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 26, 2013
striktlymi:

I agree with the above to extent that all you have said would be true for every human but no one said that God is human.

Fail. It remains true for every intelligent being. Unless your god is not an intelligent being.

striktlymi:

Kindly demonstrate how science shows this.

what was I saying about memories and thought? Isnt that science?
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 26, 2013
striktlymi:

No finger print on the weapon man...just blood.

#Na your story again? grin

No fingerprint but blood? well, the detective would look for a wound on the killer wouldnt he?

Furthermore, Alibis. Also they will check for accomplices......having a twin brother will call for more investigation.
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by saintvc(m): 6:15pm On Apr 26, 2013
plaetton:

Let me try to understand this:

An atheist can read the bible, but he is neither competent to understand it nor competent to discuss it. Right?
And the reason is ............, because he doesn't believe in the authenticity and authority of the bible?.

So, according to your convoluted logic, one cannot understand the bible , or, as Ijawkid would say, have scriptural reasoning, until one believes in the bible.
And ofcourse, to believe in the bible, one must first read it, not so?

So which comes first, reading the bible, or believing in the bible?.
which comes first the egg or the hen
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by saintvc(m): 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2013
ifeness:

Considering the fact that christians claimed Jesus/yahweh wrote the bible and yet couldnt convince people as much as the science books

Could that be a proof of his low IQ? couldn't convince the morden man about his creation of the world. Mere reading the bible made me look stupid. I bet jesus goes down to be the worst author ever,couldnt put together a less contradicting fairy tale book......even when he existed long before the world. No wonder his followers are a bunch of wackos!

JESUS DIDNT WRITE THE BIBLE. Yahwey /GOD DIDNT.

Humans wrote out of

experience or/and
holy spirit inspiration

human compiled the scriptures, adding and subtracting diffrent scriptures to form a book called bible

if the whole scripture were present, probable, it would have made more sence

the bible contains fact. Its left for us to belive or not. Those who belive have faith .those who dont belive lack faith. God gave us freedom to choose to belive or not.
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by saintvc(m): 6:26pm On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Erm....how are you not a wacko? Claiming that god is outside time? Does it sound logical that a being can exist oustide time?
not everytin can be logically proven. Even a judge know this
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 26, 2013
saintvc: not everytin can be logically proven. Even a judge know this

Sorry, illogical claims do not pass in a court room
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2013
plaetton:

Let me try to understand this:

An atheist can read the bible, but he is neither competent to understand it nor competent to discuss it. Right?
And the reason is ............, because he doesn't believe in the authenticity and authority of the bible?.

So, according to your convoluted logic, one cannot understand the bible , or, as Ijawkid would say, have scriptural reasoning, until one believes in the bible.
And ofcourse, to believe in the bible, one must first read it, not so?

So which comes first, reading the bible, or believing in the bible?.

Point out wwhere exactly I gave a reason for the non-Christian's incompetence with the Bible.
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 26, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Point out wwhere exactly I gave a reason for the non-Christian's incompetence with the Bible.

Erm...did you run away from my comment?
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Now, you are interesting......

ehem, so on your thread about competence, is it me, the atheist that has to interpret the bible or the evangelical christian to explain it for me to understand after showing me the passages?

Are you sure you were following the flow of our discussion here?

I was addressing your attempt to invalidate my argument for God's timelessness with an appeal to the Bible.

If you cannot comprehend the Bible, then how can you know what it says about God's relationship to time?

Furthermore, I have read the bible well and been subjected to more interpretations of it than you as an ex-catholic atheist that debates both on the internet and in real life. Furthermore, I was a catholic with a more complete bible........have you read from the book of maccabees, tobit etc?

The thing with you folks is your incredible claim to some kind of intellectual superiority merely because you chose to believe that there is no God.

It is quite presumptuous of you to think that you have greater exposure to the multitude interpretations of the Bible than I do simply because you're an atheist whilr I'm a Christian.

I have history, my friend, and the Christian faces conflict as much within his camp as outside it.

Lastly, remember that god created the world in 6 periods, he predicted noahs floods and it came to pass, he cursed future generations and he never time travelled. This Yawhweh is well inside time in the bible or at least, constrained by it.

I don't care to rehash arguments. You should go back to ooman's thread and fault my arguments for God's timelessness.

However, I have explained that the Bible had to make sense to us while speaking of realities outside our grasp. For that reason, it would use language that suggests that God is operating within the constraints of time to speak of difficult-to-convey realities of timelessness.

How do you say, for instance, that a Being to Whom past, present and future are all present is doing something in the future and in the present at the same time and not leave the average human being cross-eyed?

Since He is speaking to us, He will accommodate our limitations in comprehension. However, He leaves enough hints in His communications to indicate that there is more to what He says.

Thus He says that He will or that He did and also says that He is I AM and unchanging with the passagr of time and that time started at His will and will end at His will as well. The first is just to make communications possible across widely differing realities, the second is to pull us up into God's Own Reality.

Think you can manage to understand all that? smiley
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Erm...did you run away from my comment?

Which one? Not the one I said I would perhaps return to, is it?
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 26, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Are you sure you were following the flow of our discussion here?

I was addressing your attempt to invalidate my argument for God's timelessness with an appeal to the Bible.

If you cannot comprehend the Bible, then how can you know what it says about God's relationship to time?

The thing with you folks is your incredible claim to some kind of intellectual superiority merely because you chose to believe that there is no God.

It is quite presumptuous of you to think that you have greater exposure to the multitude interpretations of the Bible than I do simply because you're an atheist whilr I'm a Christian.

I have history, my friend, and the Christian faces conflict as much within his camp as outside it.

I don't care to rehash arguments. You should go back to ooman's thread and fault my arguments for God's timelessness.

However, I have explained that the Bible had to make sense to us while speaking of realities outside our grasp. For that reason, it would use language that suggests that God is operating within the constraints of time to speak of difficult-to-convey realities of timelessness.

How do you say, for instance, that a Being to Whom past, present and future are all present is doing something in the future and in the present at the same time and not leave the average human being cross-eyed?

Since He is speaking to us, He will accommodate our limitations in comprehension. However, He leaves enough hints in His communications to indicate that there is more to what He says.

Thus He says that He will or that He did and also says that He is I AM and unchanging with the passagr of time and that time started at His will and will end at His will as well. The first is just to make communications possible across widely differing realities, the second is to pull us up into God's Own Reality.

Think you can manage to understand all that? smiley

lolz.....but the fact is that I understand the bible....The bible does not say that God is outside time. Infact God uses time.

Your explanation, is your own "apologist" interpretation. In fact, many christians wont even accept your interpretation.

There are some things that all christians agree on. For instance, Jesus being crucified is very literal and not subject to interpretation. God using time and behaving like a being inside time is very literal (prophecies, cursing future generations, etc) but for your, your claims of timelessness is based on a vague interpretation.

Aging is only an effect of time. God being unaffected by passage of time still doesnt mean he is outside it, as he still needs to make decisions. Being outside time is meaningless and you have consistently failed to show how it is possible

I am on solid ground and you are on quick sand here.

Going back to the bible and God. Isnt God described as an incorruptible judge? How does one judge without time? How does on make decisions without precedence? Precedence based on time? How can God forgive without changing a past position on the offence to be forgiven?

Your theory about God being outside time is becoming more and more foolish the more we describe God's character.

How does one make a decision without time? hmm? A judgement without time? Is God not the judge of the living and the dead?

As for your claims that the bible speaks of realities outside our knowledge....we call that fantasy in any other book wink

Wow, sometimes I impress myself with my own intelligence..... cool
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2013
Lol. Joo, typing on my phone right now is a real chore and I don't think your argument warrants it. I'll have to bother with it another time.

However, you arr only repeating points that have been well-answered before. So the real task you've given me with your post is to do almost unnecessary typing and link-fetching.
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 26, 2013
Ihedinobi: Lol. Joo, typing on my phone right now is a real chore and I don't think your argument warrants it. I'll have to bother with it another time.

However, you arr only repeating points that have been well-answered before. So the real task you've given me with your post is to do almost unnecessary typing and link-fetching.

The striklymi escape route;

"I have answered it before". grin grin grin
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

The striklymi escape route;

"I have answered it before". grin grin grin

Did someone summon me? cool
Re: The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Did someone sermon me? cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free Download Of The Day: 'ruling The World Around You', By David Ogbueli / The Prayer Room! Strictly Interceding For Others / International Christian Worship Center Uyo Opens Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.