Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,716 members, 7,882,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:34 AM

Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' (16444 Views)

How The World's Most Notorious Atheist Became A Believer In God / A Question For The 'Believer'... / Redemption Song: Bob Marley’s Journey From Rasta To Believer In Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by salt1: 4:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
In your mind, you really think Jesus when He appears, a human flesh will be something to reckon with in His presence? Let me say this: No man or woman will go to Hell because of what He or She wears. Rather, any man who has refused to accept Jesus as His Lord and Saviour, such will be cast aside into the abyss.

Whilst modest dressing is to be encourage, lets not make religion out of it. For man looks at the outside, God sees and works with the inside. Clearly Jesus said: It is not worth enters a man that corrupts Him but what comes out of Him - Think what this really means.

Wrong! A friend of mine died recently but was mercifully sent back. Even tho she'd been a wonderful xtian, she was disqualified from entering heaven cos of her dressing.
God is interested in every detail of our lives. The earth we're living in is doomed for destruction. God is creating a new heaVen and earth and no tiny sin or worldliness will be allowed to enter and pollute that new place.
Your choice: dress modestly/godly and make heaven or deceive yourself that it doesn't matter and miss the rapture
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
ItsModella:
Irony at its finest. What church are we talking about here? The same church we have in this world? The same church that misinterpret the scriptures to their favor? It's one to say the Bible, it's another thing to say the church. Most churches these days lack the moral qualification to decide anything.

And what happens to those who are not Christians? I'm assuming they're still part of this "world". The church will still decide what is morally right and wrong for them? What manner of bullshit is this?

Abeg jo, drop all this epistle for Mathias...ain't nobody got time for this.

the church shouldn't decide what's wrong or right based on your opinion, right?
so, what's the reason we go to church?
I should just sit back and not waste 3 hours of my life on Sundays?

the church as worse as it gets remains the viable way by which we can get sane. If you don't go to church,I doubt your bible will be read. no matter how they alter the word of God, it still stands that it's a gathering where views are shared on what's holy or not.

besides, with or without church, an average Joe should know what skimpy dress look like and decide on how to be addressed
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by negbenebor(f): 4:32pm On Apr 28, 2013
Its not just about clothes the op is also talking about misplace of priority.note; the flesh profiteth nothing.its all vanity vanishing....
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by liztemi(f): 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2013
D way u DRESS,dats d way u will be ADDRESSED.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by enilove(m): 4:57pm On Apr 28, 2013
salt 1:

Wrong! A friend of mine died recently but was mercifully sent back. Even tho she'd been a wonderful xtian, she was disqualified from entering heaven cos of her dressing.
God is interested in every detail of our lives. The earth we're living in is doomed for destruction. God is creating a new heaVen and earth and no tiny sin or worldliness will be allowed to enter and pollute that new place.
Your choice: dress modestly/godly and make heaven or deceive yourself that it doesn't matter and miss the rapture

It is good to evangelize
Your friend can post her experience here on nairaland for us to learn from.

Where there is love,you would not pray for anyone to perish.

So pleace, with evidence,let her share her experience.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by Tomytomy3: 4:58pm On Apr 28, 2013
[quote
author=Omo_Tier1]
In your mind, you really think Jesus when He appears, a human flesh will
be something to reckon with in His presence? Let me say this: No man or
woman will go to Hell because of what He or She wears. Rather, any man
who has refused to accept Jesus as His Lord and Saviour, such will be
cast aside into the abyss.

Whilst modest dressing is to be encourage, lets not make religion out of
it. For man looks at the outside, God sees and works with the inside.
Clearly Jesus said: It is not worth enters a man that corrupts Him but
what comes out of Him - Think what this really means. [/quote]

dressing is what comes out of the mind of a man and u wil be judge by it
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by Kay17: 5:10pm On Apr 28, 2013
NOIBMUUL:

Kay, let's imagine that I have 2 chocolate bars with me. I unwrap one half-way and throw it on the floor, while I leave the wrapper on the second one and throw it on the floor too. If I now ask you to select one, which one will you pick?
improper analogy, cos you equal unclothedness to contamination. I equal it to beauty.

See my scenario: which wld you buy, a Van Gogh painting which is revealed or an obscure shrouded painting that you can't see at all.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by Malthusian88(m): 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
[quote author= No man or woman will go to Hell because of what He or She wears. [/quote]
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by manmustwac(m): 5:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
salt 1:

Am not religious but am very curious to know where you got the information that your friend was refused entry to Heaven.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by luluosas(m): 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
OP, I received a shocker today in church. I belong to the Redeemed Christian Church of God RCCG. Our Sunday school topic since last week was SEXUAL SEDUCTION & CHRISTIAN DRESSING
So today Sunday 28th April, 2013, I asked a question after Sunday School lesson. I asked: Why are the women of today in RCCG look different from the wife of the General Overseer? The teacher asked me, in what way? I said, the G.O wife is natural, not using earrings, chains, lipsticks, weavon or attachment and that she always cover herself with decent dressing.
To my shock, the teacher said that, the G.O wife is old, that the youths are not expected to dress like that this time. God knows that I lie not. Men and brethren, this is RCCG, not Christ Embassy Church. Now, how do you expect indecent dressing to stop anytime soon in the public sector, if the church, who is supposed to lead by example are the ones encouraging it in one way or the other?

Here are the outlines for the Sunday school today.

i - Lesson Outline 1 - BE NOT PARTAKERS OF OTHER MEN'S SINS
a. Whosoever provokes thoughts and desires leading to adultery shall be guilty before God.
b. Every desire to wear revealing or transparent dress is a desire to sin and God shall judge every sin.
c. Fashions of unclothedness are fashions of hell. Believers should not drag themselves to hell.
d. Topless, sleeveless, "spaggs", body hugs without tops or blazers, miniskirts and others are some of the sexually seductive dresses around us. Believers should avoid them.
e. All dresses, both in public or at home, should be such that Jesus could wear.
f. Do not desire godless posture on the matter of indecent dressing.
Read - Matt. 18:6; 1Cor. 8:8-9; 1Tim. 5:22; 1Cor. 10:33; Rev. 18:4; Rom. 14:20; 2Peters 1:4

ii - Lesson Outline 2 - WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT YOU MATTERS
a. Believers are God's representatives on earth.
b. God is concerned about the testimonies of people about us.
c. Your actions have positive or negative influences on others.
d. Believers should keep themselves within the limit of godly culture as Christ obeyed the law while on earth. Matt. 17:24-27
e. Satan is constantly watching for occasion of sin to accuse us before God.
f. To avoid catching us, we must shut our doors to indecent dressing.
g. We must teach our children on the importance of decent dressing.
h. Our neighbours should be able to learn from our godly dressing.

1 Like

Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by luluosas(m): 5:32pm On Apr 28, 2013
manmustwac: Am not religious but am very curious to know where you got the information that your friend was refused entry to Heaven.
My friend, testimonies abound with us today. Stop behaving like Thomas and embrace Christ now, since you said you are not religious, meaning you are not a Christian presently. God bless you.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by luluosas(m): 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
liztemi: D way u DRESS,dats d way u will be ADDRESSED.
GBAM!
When there's no difference between a supposed Christian dressing from a full time prostitutes, it leaves more questions than answers about your professed Christian faith. If you are a Christian, please dress Christianly and if you are not, you are very FREE to wear anything you like, even to the church and I know that, if you visit a true bible church in that harlots clothing, you will become a saint before you live such church.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by farem: 5:53pm On Apr 28, 2013
JESUS SAID WHEN HE COMES WOULD HE MEET FAITH [DEVOTION, COMMITMENT, OBEDIENCE TO HIS WORD] ON EARTH.

1 Like

Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by farem: 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2013
And, behold, there met him a woman with the ATTIRE of an harlot, and subtil of heart. Proverbs 7:10

[b][/b]
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by Heanry(m): 6:10pm On Apr 28, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
In your mind, you really think Jesus when He appears, a human flesh will be something to reckon with in His presence? Let me say this: No man or woman will go to Hell because of what He or She wears. Rather, any man who has refused to accept Jesus as His Lord and Saviour, such will be cast aside into the abyss.

Whilst modest dressing is to be encourage, lets not make religion out of it. For man looks at the outside, God sees and works with the inside. Clearly Jesus said: It is not worth enters a man that corrupts Him but what comes out of Him - Think what this really means.
seun, the dislike botton we've always requested for is long over due.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by Originalsly: 6:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
manmustwac: Am not religious but am very curious to know where you got the information that your friend was refused entry to Heaven.
Hmmm...we are waiting to hear!
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by neversaynever(m): 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
Joavid: yea thats the topic but read the content.

So, according to you, people from other religion can rot in hell for all you care?
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by neversaynever(m): 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2013
luluosas:
GBAM!
When there's no difference between a supposed Christian dressing from a full time prostitutes, it leaves more questions than answers about your professed Christian faith. If you are a Christian, please dress Christianly and if you are not, you are very FREE to wear anything you like, even to the church and I know that, if you visit a true bible church in that harlots clothing, you will become a saint before you live such church.

Now this is one selfish post. You can wear whatever you feel like as long as you're not a christian, right? Thank God life's not about your policy.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by luluosas(m): 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2013
never_say_never:

Now this is one selfish post. You can wear whatever you feel like as long as you're not a christian, right? Thank God life's not about your policy.
My dear, if have by chance ask an indecent dressed around you before, you will be shock to hear them telling you that, you are judging them. Therefore, let everyone uses whatever they think is good for them but, a true Christian is not suppose to be caught in the Webb of indecent dressing. Thank you.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by DeepSight(m): 7:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
I just thank God I do not live in Saudi Arabia.

@ OP - - - You are f00lish in the extreme.

1 Like

Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by luluosas(m): 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
Akbee: hey,desist from such prayer cos God wl neva answer it.wake up now n face reality.why did god create hell then?n how many people do u think wl enter heaven.
That is why it should be the involvement of individuals to tell these people going astray through indecent dressing to amend their ways.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by odagu1863: 9:00pm On Apr 28, 2013
Let's face it some of dį̸̸̨§ lurid female dressings to church are sometimes harrassin to the eyes
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by salt1: 9:27pm On Apr 28, 2013

She TOLD me. She's still alive and has been sharing her experiences. Her testimony is even on Nairaland. The thread is called "Let the saints get ready". She's not alone. Another woman of Anglican background has also had similar experience where Jesus was condemning the worldliness entering His church.
Heaven is a holy place. You can't just believe what you like, act how you like, dress how you like and still hope to go and live eternally with an orderly(not lawless) holy God.

2 Likes

Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by Mintayo(m): 9:41pm On Apr 28, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

yea,you are right,but if what you wear causes others to sin- or lead them astray-HELL STRAIGHT!
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by Mintayo(m): 9:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
salt 1:

She TOLD me. She's still alive and has been sharing her experiences. Her testimony is even on Nairaland. The thread is called "Let the saints get ready". She's not alone. Another woman of Anglican background has also had similar experience where Jesus was condemning the worldliness entering His church.
Heaven is a holy place. You can't just believe what you like, act how you like, dress how you like and still hope to go and live eternally with an orderly(not lawless) holy God.

You re right there...God is holy.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by asanwaph: 9:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
[quote author=Amakamax]Can smbody surmarise this to me ? Dey wait, u hear? U go wait tire, U be learner? undecided shocked
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
salt 1:

Although there are no doubts that your friend encountered light energy beings on Astral Plane, what happened is that she met energy beings who share her common belief system before they passed on. As she advanced beyond the astral plane to higher frequency dimensions of existence, she will come to realize that she was just fed with the information she merited at that time. Human beings only receive communication from the higher energy beings based on their belief, as a means to climb the ladder into the higher level of knowledge. There is no confirmation what-so-ever that the person she met was Jesus, cos there are many cons out there than even on physical plane. In the end, all humans will realize that the quest for heaven is useless, cos its boring out there and we came here to learn the science of creation. I keep wondering why people wanna go to heaven, when physical plane offers more lessons that human souls need in the journey to co-creation with the Infinite Oneness.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by asanwaph: 9:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
sureteeboy: Some xtians believe what u put on doesn't matter. God sees
the heart. That's why some of them dress as if they are going to club on sundays. The bible says Love not the world. neither the things that are in the world.... I wonder where they got their doctrines from
. I wonder o shocked shocked
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by Mintayo(m): 10:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
Modesty is the word...anything you do that makes your brother of fellow men to stumble and fall is sin.
Again what is the motive behind your indecent dressing-what do you think about before leaving home?
Those saying that god looks at the heart,true,He does but is it possible to dress indecently from home without thinking about it?
The End is near...the Lord knows those that are His...

God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by Yujin(m): 10:33pm On Apr 28, 2013
Kamsy10: In church today, you'll find the consciousness of tithing more than the consciousness of dressing.
What the pastor emphasizes in church is very important.
Dressing of harlot was mentioned in d old testament, and so was tithing. But today, tithing is upheld while the other old testament laws are considered outdated and old fashioned.
You cant go wrong with decent dressing(covering your body properly) at least on rapture day u can be sure that God wont reject u based on dressing. . Sadly we tend to cover ourselves better when going to work these days than when going to church. Lets not overstretch the grace of God
It's well with Christianity. I pray none of us miss heaven
For it is written in the Holy Scriptures that 'darkness will cover the earth and THICK darkness the people but for those who took time to study His word and abide therein, a bright light shall break forth for them'. There's nothing anybody can do about it. Gradually, those thìngs we totally abhor shall systematically be ACCEPTED not just allowed. It's all man to himself as the Bible rightly recorded.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by neversaynever(m): 10:53pm On Apr 28, 2013
luluosas:
My dear, if have by chance ask an indecent dressed around you before, you will be shock to hear them telling you that, you are judging them. Therefore, let everyone uses whatever they think is good for them but, a true Christian is not suppose to be caught in the Webb of indecent dressing. Thank you.

Isn't it your duty as a Christian to lead people going astray on the right path? Haven't you thought that what you considered 'indecent' might be 'decent' to others. At least one man's poison is another man's meat.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by salt1: 11:24pm On Apr 28, 2013
Billyonaire: Although there are no doubts that your friend encountered light energy beings on Astral Plane, what happened is that she met energy beings who share her common belief system before they passed on. As she advanced beyond the astral plane to higher frequency dimensions of existence, she will come to realize that she was just fed with the information she merited at that time. Human beings only receive communication from the higher energy beings based on their belief, as a means to climb the ladder into the higher level of knowledge. There is no confirmation what-so-ever that the person she met was Jesus, cos there are many cons out there than even on physical plane. In the end, all humans will realize that the quest for heaven is useless, cos its boring out there and we came here to learn the science of creation. I keep wondering why people wanna go to heaven, when physical plane offers more lessons that human souls need in the journey to co-creation with the Infinite Oneness.
And you're ready to stick your neck for this belief system even if it costs you eternity? I wish you well.
I am ready to stick with only what the BIble says whether you think me silly or not. Its messsage is simpler to understand and a whole lot more reliable than a transient metaphysical knowledge. I want to see angels not energy beings!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Daddy Freeze Blocks People On Instagram. Examining Reasons / Warning! The Trumpet Is Fixing To Sound. JESUS Is Coming! / Are You Possessed By The Spirit Of The Dog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.