Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,161 members, 7,880,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:11 PM

Anambra, Cross River Best In EU 9th EDF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra, Cross River Best In EU 9th EDF (565 Views)

Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter / President Buhari Visits Cross River State (Live Updates) / PDP Presidential Rally In Calabar, Cross River (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra, Cross River Best In EU 9th EDF by EASTSIDAZ: 11:51pm On Apr 26, 2013
Governor Liyel Imoke said that Anambra State and his own State of Cross River were committed to achieving the Millennium Development Goals by the year 2015, even if Nigeria failed to do so.

He was speaking at the Signing of the Memorandum of Understanding between 6 participating States for 10 European Union Development Fund with the Ministry National Planning on Thursday at the Minister’s Conference Room.

Imoke’s stand was informed by the fact that Anambra and Cross Rivers State were recently adjudged the best States in the EU’s 9th EDF, which ended on 11th of June, 2012.

A total of 120 Million Euro was spent under the 9th EDF. While the EU provided 94 Million, the participating States provided 26 Million.

Speaking shortly before the signing, Minister of National Planning, Dr, Shamsuddeen Usman said that the approval of the 10th EDF was because of outstanding performances of States involved in 9th EDF. He called on them to even double their efforts to make the 10th EDF better and more beneficial to the people.

He explained that under the 10th EDF, which will last for 84 months, that a total of 80 Million would be spent, with EU providing 80, the participating states 13 and UNICEF 1 Million Euro.

Responding on behalf of the Governors, the Governor of Rivers State, Dr. Liyel Imoke said that the partnership with the EU had brought about veritable results to the communities were various projects from the fund were utilised. He thanked the EU and the Planning Ministry and assured that the participating States would live up to expectations.

Speaking to the press, the Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi said that when he attended functions such as the signing ceremonies, that they inspire him to believe that Anambra would in due time overcome all its difficulties, which have been substantially reduced under his Government.

“When I became Governor of Anambra State, no development partner was working or carrying out any project in the State, but today, due to the return of sanity to the State, all of them are working with us and as far as I am concerned, this is very good for the State and we will continue to build on that”, Obi said

The event was attended by the Minister of National Planning, Shamsuddeen Usman, Govs. of Cross River, Liyel Imoke and his Anambra State counterpart, Peter Obi; representatives of Governors of Jigawa, Osun, kano and Yobe States . Also present were the representatives of many development partners in Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/anambra-cross-river-best-in-eu-9th-edf/
Re: Anambra, Cross River Best In EU 9th EDF by EASTSIDAZ: 11:52pm On Apr 26, 2013
Peter Rock Obi ride on..

This is what development entails..
Re: Anambra, Cross River Best In EU 9th EDF by Scarpon(m): 11:58pm On Apr 26, 2013
if East governors can work hard as fashola I would like that
Re: Anambra, Cross River Best In EU 9th EDF by Nightshift(m): 12:16am On Apr 27, 2013
I know this thread is from Nwa Aguata, Chino. Gov. Obi should lay a foundation for Anambra to act as a catalyst for Igboland development, just as the state of Bavaria did for Germany after the second world war. I would love to see Anambra take off industrially, with a new state-of-the-art Oba Airport bringing investors in and out of the state. What really happened to that proposed airport? I witnessed the initial launching at Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium in Enugu, as far back as 1991. Where did all the money received in that maiden launching go?
Re: Anambra, Cross River Best In EU 9th EDF by Dibiachukwu: 12:18am On Apr 27, 2013

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

King Jona's Miracle / Nigerian Police Or Nepa; Which Do You Hate More? / Ponder On This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.