Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,561 members, 7,892,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 09:35 AM

Why There Is No Boko Haram In Zamfara – Yari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why There Is No Boko Haram In Zamfara – Yari (1145 Views)

Video Of Ex-Commissioner In Zamfara Having Sex Goes Viral / Gov. Yari Defeats Father-in-law In Zamfara Guber Election / Yari Abubakar, Martins Elechi, Nigerias Youngest & Oldest Governors Respectively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why There Is No Boko Haram In Zamfara – Yari by oloriooko(m): 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2013
The Zamfara state governor, Alhaji Abdulaziz Yari has attributed the absence of activities of the Boko Haram sect in the state to the combined efforts of traditional rulers and good governance.

Speaking with state House correspondents after meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan, governor Yari said Zamfara has always distinguished itself as a peaceful state because even when there were riots in parts of the north when Sharia law was introduced, there was no riot in the whole of Zamfara state.

The governor led a delegation of traditional rulers, former governors, members of the National Assembly and others prominent indigenes of the state to visit president Jonathan in his office Thursday.

Speaking on the absence of activities of Boko Haram, the governor said "The president also appreciated the way and manner that Zamfara state has peace.

He clearly mentioned that if there is any place in the country that would have the kind of Boko Haram activities if truly it has to do with Islam, then it should be Zamfara state. He appreciate the fact that there is no incidence like that in Zamfara state.

I think that has to do with the collective effort both from the traditional rulers and I can clearly mention the issue of good governance right from 1999 till date. When the sharia was established, all the crises that happened in other states never happened in Zamfara state. This is part of good governance," he said.

On the visit of the delegation to he president, the governor said the delegation was in Aso Rock to express appreciation to the president for some of he things he has done for Zamfara state recently.

"Recently, the federal Executive Council approved the establishment of a Federal university in Zamfara state. Since the establishment of the state, Zamfara has been struggling to get a university in place but as God will have it it did not happen until now. We came to express our appreciation to the president for this gesture.

You are also aware of our struggle with lead poisoning. Recently, the president approved about N900million for the remediation of some villages that were affected by poisoning.

As I am talking to you, work is on and myself and the Honouable minister of state for works and the Minister of Information will be at the site to see how the work is going. It is important for us as a community to come and appreciate these gestures by the president.

Mr president appreciates the way we came as a united team for progress in Zamfara state and he clearly said that he has not received this kind of team from any other state. It is good for people to appreciate when somebody does any good thing for you as prescribed in our religion Islam," he said.

source: news naij
Re: Why There Is No Boko Haram In Zamfara – Yari by olaric(m): 3:44pm On Apr 27, 2013
Let him that thinks he stands take heed less he falls!
Re: Why There Is No Boko Haram In Zamfara – Yari by Abagworo(m): 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2013
olaric: Let him that thinks he stands take heed less he falls!

I feel you. Boko Haram might just strike Zamfara to discredit him.
Re: Why There Is No Boko Haram In Zamfara – Yari by Acidosis(m): 4:11pm On Apr 27, 2013
olaric: Let him that thinks he stands take heed less he falls!

Atleast his words are true... cool cool
Re: Why There Is No Boko Haram In Zamfara – Yari by nameo: 5:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
On the visit of the delegation to he president, the governor said the delegation was in Aso Rock to express appreciation to the president for some of he things he has done for Zamfara state recently.

"Recently, the federal Executive Council approved the establishment of a Federal university in Zamfara state. Since the establishment of the state, Zamfara has been struggling to get a university in place but as God will have it it did not happen until now. We came to express our appreciation to the president for this gesture.

You are also aware of our struggle with lead poisoning. Recently, the president approved about N900million for the remediation of some villages that were affected by poisoning.

As I am talking to you, work is on and myself and the Honouable minister of state for works and the Minister of Information will be at the site to see how the work is going. It is important for us as a community to come and appreciate these gestures by the president.

Mr president appreciates the way we came as a united team for progress in Zamfara state and he clearly said that he has not received this kind of team from any other state. It is good for people to appreciate when somebody does any good thing for you as prescribed in our religion Islam," he said.

And this Governor is from the Opposition, ANPP, abi na APC. Very Interesting.

I like people who are not frivolous. Am really impressed.

2 Likes

Re: Why There Is No Boko Haram In Zamfara – Yari by NoahKallamu: 6:08pm On Apr 27, 2013
Why will d BH attack a state who is fulfilling their dreams- D official establishment of sharia. Find out, northern states wit large christian populations ar d prime targets.
Re: Why There Is No Boko Haram In Zamfara – Yari by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
This gut should stop 'tempting' boko na ram o! grin
Re: Why There Is No Boko Haram In Zamfara – Yari by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2013
I don't know if to agree with the governor but i think the main reason boko haram is not in Zamfara state is because the state was the first to start the implementation of sharia. Though Zamfara is a peace loving state, having lived there for 6 years, i can attest to that. Zamfara state also has the highest number of other ethnic groups living there especially ndi igbo followed by yorubas.
Re: Why There Is No Boko Haram In Zamfara – Yari by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 27, 2013
berem: I don't know if to agree with the governor but i think the main reason boko haram is not in Zamfara state is because the state was the first to start the implementation of sharia. Though Zamfara is a peace loving state, having lived there for 6 years, i can attest to that. Zamfara state also has the highest number of other ethnic groups living there especially ndi igbo followed by yorubas.

BH is a Kanuri thing. They can stage attacks anywhere including Zamfara but the comfortable base ll always be Borno and Yobe. No insurgency can survive outside its comfort zone.
Re: Why There Is No Boko Haram In Zamfara – Yari by hebro1: 11:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
NoahKallamu: Why will d BH attack a state who is fulfilling their dreams- D official establishment of sharia. Find out, northern states wit large christian populations ar d prime targets.

I disagree wit u on this. Yobe state does not have more Christians than zamfara. If we go by your theory, then benue, gombe, plateau, nasarawa etc should witness the most attacks. While boko is active in these states, yobe, Borno and Kano are the most active cells. Boko haram was born as a result of rival politicians sponsoring them against each other. It has now becom an uncontrollable monster. Yobe, Borno and Kano were key states where there were arch rivalry between the PDP and ANPP. It is not a coincidence that these are the fortress states for boko haram.
Re: Why There Is No Boko Haram In Zamfara – Yari by Ozonna(m): 6:55am On Apr 28, 2013
I like this Governor. This was Ϯh℮ Governor that once said that he supports Resource control so that he can develop Ϯh℮ abundant Solid minerals in Zamfara.

He's also a very wise man because this visit will attract more FG allocation/project to his state.

Kudos to him
Re: Why There Is No Boko Haram In Zamfara – Yari by oloriooko(m): 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
While some dummy and greedy governors are busy "eyeing" the presidency at the expense of developing their states, this zamfara guy is busy working, what an irony.

Many leaders in this country thrive on deceit and open lies. They talk so much about what they never plan to do while straining the state purse.

God help my beloved country
Re: Why There Is No Boko Haram In Zamfara – Yari by NoahKallamu: 11:45pm On Apr 28, 2013
He-bro, the ppl of d states u mentiond apart 4rm Gombe preferably see themselves mor as midlebeltans. Also hw may of d chritians in zamfara can claim ancestry 2d state? non, unlike Yobe wer som areas in d southern parts are predominantly native christians. why do u hardly hear of attacks in sokoto,katsina,jigawa nd zaria?

(1) (Reply)

Africa The Fast Asleep Giant - Kwame Nkrumah / Farouk Lawan $3million Bribe Video / A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.