Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,417 members, 7,904,544 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 03:16 PM

She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant (1393 Views)

'I'm Childless! But, My Landlady Is Pregnant For My Husband!' / My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! / My Wife Just Told Me She Has A Boyfriend And That There Is Nothing ℓ̊ Will Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant by vikeb(m): 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2013
I got married abt 3 weeks back nd just now my wife did a preg test nd is comfirmed positive.Seriously speaking,am happy but a little nervous.Got no experience on this nd really don't kw if there are major things I need do now.Morover she still live apart.As she is working her transfer.Pls I wld welcome well nd reasonable advice on this.Thanks so much!
Re: She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant by biolabee(m): 8:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
congrats... why are u nervous

PS I was scared you suspected infidelity initially cheesy

1 Like

Re: She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant by greatgod2012(f): 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2013
vikeb: I got married abt 3 weeks back nd just now my wife did a preg test nd is comfirmed positive.Seriously speaking,am happy but a little nervous.Got no experience on this nd really don't kw if there are major things I need do now.Morover she still live apart.As she is working her transfer.Pls I wld welcome well nd reasonable advice on this.Thanks so much!

congrats dear, that which God has started shall be completed.

Nothing really to be worried about, if the pregnancy is not a high-risky one, tell her to go and register for ante-natal, its never to early to register for ante-natal, then ensure she takes a lot of fruits and takes a lot of fluid, preferably ordinary water, very much of it, helps in regulating/normalising the water in which the baby lives in the womb called amniotic water.

Moreso, as for you, you will have to be more tolerant, she may start putting up some annoying behaviour, its not her fault, its caused by prenancy hormones, she might be anaemic or easily tired, just tolerate her, also, let her stress be minimally reduced, for the benefit of both of you, and encourage her to exercise, the best way to do that, is for both of you to do it together and finally, do not abandon her, she needs you now more than before, be there for her and satisfy her always on bed, pregnancy(not a high risky one) is not a disease and should not be an instrument of asunder.
Wishing her safe pregnancy and joyful delivery in advance.

10 Likes

Re: She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant by MMotimo: 4:00am On Apr 28, 2013
Normal to be nervous, especially when it's your first. It will probably also affect your finances, be prepared

1 Like

Re: She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant by vikeb(m): 5:43am On Apr 28, 2013
Thanks nd Thanks @ Greatgod12!Gods blessings and continuous favour!
Re: She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 28, 2013
She might become less tolerant to bodily smells,Perfumes,or strong aromas,the sight of certain things that seem normal might upset her,make google your friend.

At this point,friends and families will be coming up with several suggestions concerning your wife's state.Don't let anyone talk you into regrets,always ask google or your Gyno.You need tolerance more than you have ever needed it,I Personally can't cook anything during first trimester due to excessive weakness and intolerance to smelL.....Hopefully,your wife might not feel any of this changes.

Nothing to be nervous about,just brace yourself..
Re: She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant by BabaOyo(m): 8:47am On Apr 28, 2013
MMotimo: Normal to be nervous, especially when it's your first. It will probably also affect your finances, be prepared

Congratulations my man....God will see you both through.

@Mmotimo.....hmmmm.....o ti really mo looto !!!!

@op....Mmotimo has pointed out something of note up there. ....at the bolded.......finances for the man is really affected during pregnancy so you need to be extra extra careful in your spending from now on.
I don't know if you are Yoruba or not, but it is actually believed an unborn child who will be a blessing unto you will seize all incoming cash flow to the Father, till the day you hear his cry. Myth right? Thought so too, till i experienced it first class along with a couple of my friends too....non Yoruba inclusive.
Contract funds got tied up, salary got unpaid, was only spending on the little wifey was having from her salary while still saving some for the baby.

Truth or Myth, you still need to be prudent with spending from now on. Congrats once again my man.
Re: She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
Congrats to potential baba ikoko,you dont need to be nervous.let me sing ayefeles song for you.majo mayo,majo mayo,majoooo,majo mayo.thats what you should be doing from now till she puts to bed.congrats in advance
Re: She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant by tasandra: 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2013
@Op,Congrat my dear,u ar welcome to parenthood cheesy pls,be there 4 her always..u both need each other nw..all the best
Re: She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant by greatgod2012(f): 4:32pm On Apr 28, 2013
vikeb: Thanks nd Thanks @ Greatgod12!Gods blessings and continuous favour!

thanks and for your prayers, i say amen and i wish you the same.
Re: She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 29, 2013
i dont think anybody has given d op what he really needs or why he is scared! lipsrsealed
Re: She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant by greatgod2012(f): 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2013
nikkykay: i dont think anybody has given d op what he really needs or why he is scared! lipsrsealed

and what do you think he need/want
Re: She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant by ezemoses(m): 12:43pm On Apr 29, 2013
raising a child can be scary especialy for newly weds but i would suggest you buy all sorts of books that get you ready for this, move your spouse to stay closer and get one aunty from the village who has been a nanny before
Re: She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant by DBestDoc(f): 3:00pm On Apr 29, 2013
MMotimo: Normal to be nervous, especially when it's your first. It will probably also affect your finances, be prepared

cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

UNBELIEVABLE: 7 Members Of Ogbonnaya's Family Run Mad / Please I Need Advice On What To Do! / Should He Return Her Val Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.