Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,451 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:25 AM

Chief Servant Governor (talba) Indeed; The Niger State Question - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Servant Governor (talba) Indeed; The Niger State Question (1203 Views)

Talba the Big Time Thief / Controversial Pension Thief Judge, Talba Suspended For One Year / Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief Servant Governor (talba) Indeed; The Niger State Question by sakaguchi(m): 9:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
Whenever I enter Niger state, I'm always amused at how the state governor (the so-called chief servant) manage to awash the whole state with bill-board bearing meaningless cliche of phantom manifesto key-points nobody ever gets to see. That makes me wonder if the people of the power state voted for Talba to mount billboards everywhere. The funds used in bankrolling this insanity would have been better used in doing things that would add value to the people. After vacation, I leave school and take to the road to Minna and immediately I reach Madalla (the first settlement that welcomes your ingress into Niger state from Abuja), it is billboard galore all the way, and of course, the road is smooth and motorable until I leave the federal government highway to transit the road from suleja to Minna. Then, (and this is the most interesting part of the trip) I read the billboards with my head oscillating up and down, not because I enjoy or agree with the chief-servant, but because my reading is being punctuated by deep potholes that has being burrowed by years of neglect. To think that the Governor ply this route on his frequent trip to Abuja is just incongruous. The superabundance of billboards and portholes on the same route challenge my intelligence a great deal. I would be a fool to believe all that is written on boards when my eyes see otherwise. Getting to Minna, I saw buses that the chief-servant governor provided to ease transportation problems in the state, "this is more like it" I smiled to myself, but alas, Talba did not disappointed, as he is won't to be. The buses bear the name of Talba and his pictures everywhere. Are these buses not purchased by the state government? Why is Talba putting his names on it as if he and his charity organisation defrayed the cost of the buses. "Chief-Servant mass transit"
"Talba mass transit"
To think that this is a state that has produced two former president, this incontinent and flagrant display of near-monarchy rule is unacceptable.
What do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Chief Servant Governor (talba) Indeed; The Niger State Question by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
Guess this is the same man vying to rule this country? A man that cannot even give dividents of democracy to his own people. God knows us all. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Chief Servant Governor (talba) Indeed; The Niger State Question by sakaguchi(m): 4:43am On Apr 30, 2013
That's just it, politicians should excel at the work they are given to do before they should merit another/greater chance to serve in the same or higher office. How Nigeria tries to careless about this principle boggles the heart, but Talba tops this up by personalizing the few things he has managed to do with his name and family name.
Re: Chief Servant Governor (talba) Indeed; The Niger State Question by Empex(m): 5:00am On Apr 30, 2013
You are just on point @OP
last year when the self proclaim CHIEF servant gave out his daughters in a political show of might, everybody who was somebody in Nigeria politics was there to celebrate not the work of the President-courting governor but the house of Talba marriage. I was shocked when I saw giant size billboards congratulating the governor for his enviable success of being a father-in-law and I was like, why can't this man take greeting card like every other person? Why is he so obsessed whit billboard. To make matters worst, we were compelled to watch the reality show of his daugjters life for over ten days as the 2 television station in Minna only broadcasted the life of the Talbas. How the brides pierce her noses, draw local tattoos on their bodies, try-out their dresses it was so annoying. I wonder if Channels TV, AIT, Silverbird and co will only show the soon to be wifed lives of the Fasholas in Lagos non-stopped withou receiving reprimands. The christening of those buses you said are just the beginning, Talba might soon name all public schools in Niger after himself and his daughters and nothing might be done about it. The man is just seeking cheap publicity.
Re: Chief Servant Governor (talba) Indeed; The Niger State Question by inaluf: 7:44am On Apr 30, 2013
@OP,

Suleja - Minna road belongs to the federal government and not Niger State. You can't expect the State to bear the burden of the federal government with their meagre resources. Niger State has the largest land mass in Nigeria and you should know that the state has the longest State roads in the country. I travel on that same road every week and i have not been happy with the work done so far by the contsruction company. Nearly all the roads that link Niger State from other neighbouring states have not been or partially attended to by the federal government. Your complaints should go to Aso Rock.
On the Billboards, you are absolutely right that the state is full of billboards just like other states in Nigeria. I want you to know that the billboards were erected by well-wishers just like other states and not by Talba (The Chief Servants).Go to Lagos you will even see Fashola's pictures on waste disposal trucks.
Re: Chief Servant Governor (talba) Indeed; The Niger State Question by kgbd(m): 8:20am On Apr 30, 2013
inaluf: @OP,

On the Billboards, you are absolutely right that the state is full of billboards just like other states in Nigeria.
it is no exaggeration @op said some of yer a brain-washed.

(1) (Reply)

Sanusi Lamido's intimate Escapades With Married Lover Revealed (Pix) / Breaking News. Rivers State House Of Assembl Impeaches Speaker, Amaechi Is Next / Time For A Female President In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.