Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,755 members, 7,879,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:22 PM

Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone (15745 Views)

Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. / Erosion Cuts Off Enugu Oil Community For 45yrs Vanguard News / Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone by Jeanfortune(f): 4:34am On May 01, 2013
whether 10 or 45, if na me be that guy, when i come out of prison,(that is if i dey alive come out) i dey go steal president phone
Re: Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone by striker07(m): 4:40am On May 01, 2013
Many comments here shows how people don't take time to read before commenting, the guy is only spending 10 yrs behind bar which i believe he deserves, he is only stealing that amount because he does not have access to very large amount, also considering other things he did with the phone, he deserves what he got
Re: Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone by basadenet: 12:34pm On May 01, 2013
obadiah777: I GUESS THERE IS A LESSON FOR ALL TO BE LEARNT HERE. THIEVES DONT LIKE TO BE OUTSMARTED

No lesson can be learnt from this harsh and crazy jail term instead the judiciary is making jest or mock of itself. The judge that made this pronouncement only did it not for the law sake but to satisfy the state governor. So the judge involved should be compulsorily retired immediately for this outrageous pronouncement.
Re: Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone by OsunOriginal: 12:54pm On May 01, 2013
toksesho: Disproportionate justice - while the grand demons of embezzling billions roam free

Because we dont have a serious government that can confront the elitist thieves, we should not jail any criminal again? If we ask you to vote for Buhari now you will say he is a northern muslim and therefore you prefer to still vote for the southern xtian rogues ruling the country. You cant eat your cake and have it.

What do you mean by "disproportionate" illiterate?

Illiterate, the essence of any punishment is to deter others like you who might have the potential of going into crime.

South West youths are not that morally bankrupt to protest the jailing of a thief. We will only protest if the punishment is not enough - no punishment is too much for a criminal.
Re: Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone by cheksloveth(f): 1:20pm On May 01, 2013
They have not said the reason why they jailed him, not because of phone.
Re: Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone by basadenet: 1:25pm On May 01, 2013
This punishment is too much for this petty thief not only too much but outrageous and ridiculous. is it because it involve the Governor? That judge that handed the sentence should sacked immediately.
Re: Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone by stan241(m): 1:53pm On May 01, 2013
ylaa:

WETIN BE THIS? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL US HERE? ABEG MAKE YOU WRITE YOURSELF OFF. READ OR NO READ THE JUDGEMENT IS TOO BAD. ABI R U ONE OF THEM?
don't know what u going on about like I said go back and read the op's initial post before commenting
Re: Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone by simdam500(m): 2:53pm On May 01, 2013
Trash government... How can dey give 45years imprisonment for steal fone... And d Aregbesola himself is hapi...
N.B: Life naa turn by turn o... It will surely come back to u... Silly governance
Re: Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 02, 2013
OsunOriginal:

Because we dont have a serious government that can confront the elitist thieves, we should not jail any criminal again? If we ask you to vote for Buhari now you will say he is a northern muslim and therefore you prefer to still vote for the southern xtian rogues ruling the country. You cant eat your cake and have it.

What do you mean by "disproportionate" illiterate?

Illiterate, the essence of any punishment is to deter others like you who might have the potential of going into crime.

South West youths are not that morally bankrupt to protest the jailing of a thief. We will only protest if the punishment is not enough - no punishment is too much for a criminal.

A man steals a phone and gets a sentence you'd give a kidnapper or attemped murderer What is the maximum sentence for theft in Osun State or Nigerian law? Have you protested Oyinlola's grand larceny of stealing the theft victim's mandate.

Has Oyinlola been punished? You'd be better served making your point without calling someone you don't know illiterate. Go and learn how to articulate your position properly without resorting to insults.I am from Osun State too and exercise my right to question unjust sentences. Convicted traitors who survive the firing squad do not get 45 years and you think a petty thief should get such a sentence.

For the record I wont vote for Buhari Ibb etc because they're part of the reason Nigeria is where it is today.

You can find the meaning of disproportionate in a dictionary near you. By the way go and learn how to make your point without resorting to insults
Re: Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone by Infoman51: 7:45pm On May 02, 2013
ebamma: Being a nigerian thief, there are two things involved, its either u are a big thief or u are a small thief, if u are a big thief u are safe, but if u are a small thief there are two things involved, its either u steal from the masses or u steal from the politicians, if u steal from the masses u are safe, but if u steal from the politicians there are two things involved, its either u are sent to a prison or shot to death, if u are sent to a prison u are safe, but if u are shot to death, there is only one thing involved, u shall go to hell
u must be basket-mouth or his parody
Re: Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone by AcidosisMega: 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
puahahahahahaha

see who dey condemn Goodluck

Una don die for my hand!!! Una neva see anything!!
Re: Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone by jamace(m): 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2014
Hmm. APC!
Re: Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone by manot: 5:51pm On Nov 29, 2014
d law only holds for d poor in Nigeria. what of d billions una dey tif for office, y ct u forgive d man and even empower him
Re: Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone by nora544: 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2014
ebamma:
Being a nigerian thief, there are two things involved, its either u are a big thief or u are a small thief, if u are a big thief u are safe, but if u are a small thief there are two things involved, its either u steal from the masses or u steal from the politicians, if u steal from the masses u are safe, but if u steal from the politicians there are two things involved, its either u are sent to a prison or shot to death, if u are sent to a prison u are safe, but if u are shot to death, there is only one thing involved, u shall go to hell
Re: Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone by AcidosisMega: 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2014
manot:
d law only holds for d poor in Nigeria. what of d billions una dey tif for office, y ct u forgive d man and even empower him

grin grin
Re: Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone by AcidosisMega: 5:44am On Dec 29, 2014
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekiti 2018: Adeyeye, Olujimi, Others Ask Secondus To Stop Fayose / Pipeline Explosion Rocks Iyana Odo – LASU (video) / Police Debunk Arrest Of Suspect With Prepared Election Result In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.