Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,952 members, 7,922,353 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 04:07 AM

Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts (27143 Views)

Man With Wife & Kids Caught Stealing A Mobile Phone On CCTV In A Bank (Photos) / Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs / Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by toofine765: 6:07pm On May 01, 2013
I think first bank is just it now o, they may not offer plenty of interest but be rest assured that your cash is secured and there will be no hidden charges. They are a bank that comply strickly with CBN regulations. Try them today and you will never have cause to complain about Banking services again. Forget that they are old school o, that's what gives them the edge.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by 4q: 7:35pm On May 01, 2013
i don't blame Access Bank, i blame the useless regulating authorities who choose to condone this crooked behavior. That's how it works if you can get away with wrong doing, you will do it.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Avenir(m): 10:49pm On May 01, 2013
After more emails, they came back with a break down of 'normal' monthly charges on accounts as follows:
1. Monthly Account Maintenance Fee (N200)
2. Electronic Channel Fee (N100)
3. SMS Alert Charge
4. Value Added Tax

The list does not explain all the charges on my account and I didnt signup to any of the listed services. And I did not authorise any of the deductions. They did not tell me they will be stealing all this money from my account every month. The account was meant to be dormant as I did not operate it since they took over Intercontinental. They don't even have my mobile, so sms does not arise. I wonder who regulates these people!
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by ice234: 10:54pm On May 01, 2013
kilimanjaro:
Which GTB? I don't even know which deduct more between them and Access.
Just yesterday, they(GTB) deducted N170 from my account. They said for one useless charge like that.

You lie brother...
GTB never charge a kobo apart from proper sms(proper in the see of transaction not promotional sms being charged)
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by slimtoy: 12:14am On May 02, 2013
Aphrygian: Dat stupid bank,they will charge u for sending u msg on ur birthday
Yes o that is their selling point the still sent me happy workers day today.i made enquiries a while back for their online banking just for that 1k got missing in my account.Shey them dey charge for asking question again? the online banking no dey even work.FG suppose shut them down them dey scam people...
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by fizzy25: 3:11am On May 02, 2013
Access bank na thief. O. shocked, it happened to me too, my ibtc alc went domant due to the problem d bank had, ĩ received a text frm access bank dat their operation Ȋ̝̊̅§ now better †ђα† ĩ should made my alc active which ĩ did by crediting it with 2000 naira..witin 2 month d 2000 naira was deducted, dey claimed 1000 naira was for d atm card nd d oda 1k was for maintanance for d year cry, me wey just open alc wey neva reach 2 month na God go judge dem, ĩ for maintain my Gtb jeje..
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by kilimanjaro(m): 8:38am On May 02, 2013
ice234:

You lie brother...
GTB never charge a kobo apart from proper sms(proper in the see of transaction not promotional sms being charged)
Lie over what nah, haba! Na wa for you o.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by valuedammy(m): 9:16am On May 02, 2013
Access bank are really eating my money bit by bit I was formerly using Intercontinental but ever since they changed to Access I have not been enjoying their service they deduct my money the way they like am now planning to close the account.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by dearestsewa(f): 11:13pm On May 02, 2013
Ok Ok, We are going 2d fifth thread nw. Bt, isn't there a journalist on this thread?
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Bobajo(m): 1:59pm On May 03, 2013
Dear All - I advice we all close our accounts at Access Bank. God knows, i never liked the bank, and it was Interco i opened accounts with. I have closed one account (after they deducted 5,000 as maintenance charge in one month) and converted another one to a regular Current account (after they deducted 5,000 in that account also - this was meant to be an interest yielding account from the old Intercontinental). I have 3 more to close totally.

Very rubbish bank. Utter nonsense.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by wonderz(m): 12:36pm On May 08, 2013
With Sanusi coming out recently that customers were defrauded by the banks totalling billions of naira, one can conclude that this is a plan by both parties. If you have an account with Access, go and close it today.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by olusdaniel: 2:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
I'm aware this is an old thread but would you believe that I'm experiencing the same issue even now? They keep charging 1000 naira here and 50 naira there like no man's business. Please has anybody been able to seek legal redress? I want to take it up with them.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Verityzamani: 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2021
Access bank have done it again and I'm still confused where all this money is going to, how can I be debited and I can't trace where my money goes, and the customer service can't do anything about it, God go punish una o... � �
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by deltateam: 9:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
Avenir:
I suddenly received transaction alert email from Access Bank today (I assumed previous ones have gone to spam email) and found out that since January, Access Bank has been taking 400 naira (200 naira twice a month) from my account as a service charge and also taking 10 naira every month as VAT.

I didn't understand these debit charges because the account is not a current account and there has been no transaction on the account (no debit card, no passbook issue, no withdrawal, no payment, etc) since Access Bank took over the account from Intercontinental. I can't recall being advised that my account has turned to a monthly fee paying account and I don't know why I need to pay VAT every month when I have not bought anything.

I sent an email to access bank and they replied tersely that it is their new annual charge of 200 naira. However, this is not an annual charge on my account as my account is hit 3 times a month with a total of 410 naira in charges. Moreover, I have not previously been advised about the introduction of an annual charge.

Is any other person being hit with these charges? Is this the new banking system in Nigeria? Is this specific to accounts taken over from Intercontinental bank and access bank way of recouping their purchase cost? I don't think I will like to help they pay their purchase cost and I plan to close my account when I come to Nigeria. This sound like daylight robbery.

It's unfortunate. I had to run without looking back because of same reason.

Who would understand me? A savings account that is supposed to add interest for me is being deducted to fund their staff salary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote / Things They Told Us That Is No Longer Applicable In 2017 / Why Banks Suspended Payment Card Use Abroad

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.