Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,183 members, 7,890,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 04:49 AM

2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. (2865 Views)

2003 Nissan 350z Restoration / The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria / Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. by Marpol: 10:36am On Apr 30, 2013
hi, pls I wish to know if the Nissan Murano is a good buy or not.
Re: 2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. by Marpol: 3:49pm On Apr 30, 2013
Please what can you say about the reliability of the engine, the transmission, availability and affordability of the parts.
Re: 2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. by Marpol: 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2013
Re: 2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. by Fhemmmy: 4:53pm On May 03, 2013
It is not a bad ride, but needs a lot of attention . . . You need to be sure you are able to get the original Oil, and transmission fluid to use with it in Nigeria . . . maintenance is of utmost importance and it is not the kinda of ride you could abuse and expect it to make you happy . . If possible, go for the 2004 or newer, price aint that much of a difference.
Re: 2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. by Osama10(m): 4:58pm On May 03, 2013
^^^^^

Murano is a no no for naija oh, everyone I know who owns one is selling it very cheap.
Re: 2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. by Fhemmmy: 4:59pm On May 03, 2013
Osama10: ^^^^^

Murano is a no no for naija oh, everyone I know who owns one is selling it very cheap.

I dont really agree with that, i think it is all cos most Nigerians are not good in taking care of their cars, we are good at "if not broken, why fixing it"
Re: 2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. by Osama10(m): 6:40pm On May 03, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I dont really agree with that, i think it is all cos most Nigerians are not good in taking care of their cars, we are good at "if not broken, why fixing it"

The mechanics and the right fluids for that car is the problem I guess.
Re: 2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. by Fhemmmy: 6:50pm On May 03, 2013
Osama10:

The mechanics and the right fluids for that car is the problem I guess.

Yes, and cos most people always wanna go thru the short cut and short cut is nothing than just cut it short . . . But i will advice that anyone that cant pamper her, should break up with her . . tongue
Re: 2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. by Osama10(m): 7:47pm On May 04, 2013
Re: 2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. by Fhemmmy: 8:40pm On May 04, 2013
Osama10: My Chief one question for you, why is the Murano selling so cheap?

1.https://www.nairaland.com/1279633/check-nissan-murano-auto-drive

2.https://www.nairaland.com/1276095/very-neath-2007model-nissan-murano shocked

It is selling cheap cos people are listening to the advice of "Muranos are no good" by people that are yet to look into Murano, or cos people that are not good at taking care of their rides are scared of what "Might" be, so they wanna sell it off fast and get something else, but at the end of the day, it is all about maintenance . . .
Re: 2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 10, 2013
In terms of comfort and fuel economy, the murano is a great car! Its interior is spacious too. I don't believe it's a bad car but the problem we have in Nigeria is that people use the wrong transmission fluid for the murano, forgetting that the murano uses the CVT (continously-variable transmission) and not the regular type of automatic transmission. This results in transmission issues and they quickly conclude that it's not a good car. If you are able to properly service it at the right time, you'll definitely enjoy it!
Re: 2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On May 11, 2013
Victoriousvic: In terms of comfort and fuel economy, the murano is a great car! Its interior is spacious too. I don't believe it's a bad car but the problem we have in Nigeria is that people use the wrong transmission fluid for the murano, forgetting that the murano uses the CVT (continously-variable transmission) and not the regular type of automatic transmission. This results in transmission issues and they quickly conclude that it's not a good car. If you are able to properly service it at the right time, you'll definitely enjoy it!

May God Bless you so much, you have just hit the nail in the head . . . And the mechanics in Nigeria that ought to know better, they do whatever and then scare the people off a good ride for lack of their own willingness to learn. . . Like i cant comprehend how a mechanic could tell people to stay off 6 Cylinder rides . . shocked

1 Like

Re: 2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 13, 2013
Fhemmmy:

May God Bless you so much, you have just hit the nail in the head . . . And the mechanics in Nigeria that ought to know better, they do whatever and then scare the people off a good ride for lack of their own willingness to learn. . . Like i cant comprehend how a mechanic could tell people to stay off 6 Cylinder rides . . shocked
Don't mind them. . .that's how they are.
Re: 2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. by Fhemmmy: 3:15pm On May 13, 2013
Victoriousvic: Don't mind them. . .that's how they are.

Yes oh and sadly that even the educated owners of rides just listen to them without questioning them

(1) (Reply)

P.IM.P YOUR CAR HERE IN NIGERIA / Price Of Toyota Camry Tiny Light Power Steering Pump / Which Is Better? 2010 Toyota Venza Or 2010 Toyota Rav4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.