Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,656 members, 7,951,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? (2052 Views)

Liverpool Vs Chelsea 1 : 2 Full Time / FT : ICC final - Liverpool Vs Manchester United ( 1 - 3 ) / Liverpool Vs Chelsea:mourinho Takles Benitez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by sepe(m): 2:06am On Apr 15, 2008
Liverpool set up another Champions League semi-final with Chelsea after a stunning late win over Arsena, Liverpool: Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Hyypia, Aurelio, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Kuyt (Arbeloa 90), Torres (Riise 87), Crouch (Babel 78).
Subs Not Used: Itandje, Voronin, Benayoun, Lucas.

Goals: Hyypia 30, Torres 69, Gerrard 86 pen, Babel 90.

It was a cruel exit for Arsenal but there was no denying it was Liverpool's night.

They will face Chelsea in the final four for the third time in four years when the two sides meet on the week beginning 21 April and 28 April. ,
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by gbolalekan(m): 9:48am On Apr 16, 2008
It's clear and obvious that Liverpool are unstoppable especially with regards to Champion's league.
Chelsea should watch out for another suprise of their lives (they certainly are full of suprises shocked,  having a disappointing draw with Wigan)
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by elamx(m): 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2008
elo fellow reds WE NEVER WALK ALONE so shall be REDS FAN we are there to do it again and carry the champions league this season.despite that we are meeting chealse for the third term in four year we are going to moscow for the trophy.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by metodman(m): 8:49am On Apr 17, 2008
LIVERPOOL vs MAN UTD , who want to bet ??
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by slimnike(m): 5:34pm On Apr 20, 2008
I believe Chelsea will have an edge this time, playing the second leg at Home. That will be an advantage.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by mykali(m): 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2008
twice beaten, the third time, u can`t allow urself to be disgraced. even if it means shedding blood on the field, chelsea is progressing to the finals this season. liverpool's days of glory over us are over if u cared to notice. this time around we'll be the better team, mark my words.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by bgees(m): 4:17pm On Apr 21, 2008
mykali:

twice beaten, the third time, u can`t allow yourself to be disgraced. even if it means shedding blood on the field, chelsea is progressing to the finals this season. liverpool's days of glory over us are over if u cared to notice. this time around we'll be the better team, mark my words.

even avram grump is less confident. whether it is stamford bridge, brooklyn bridge , london bridge or even wheatstone bridge or metre bridge, WE ARE GOING TO AIR U OUT. just dont play defensive.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by Jackal1(m): 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2008
@ bgees,

Dont be too confident.
The 2nd leg is at the Bridge and that will unsettle Rafa as the pressure is on y'all to win convincingly tomorrow.
If y'all don't put the game beyond Chelsea then Liverpool will be knocked-out. . . .
I dont see y'all guys winning at the Bridge if u let Chelsea get a draw at Anfield. . It's almost impossible!!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by bgees(m): 4:28pm On Apr 21, 2008
jackal,

i hope chelsea will come out and i hope they wont play defensive. we can score lots of goals. rafa just needs to be spot on.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by Jackal1(m): 4:36pm On Apr 21, 2008
Score loads of goals against Chelsea?
I hope u are not mixing Chelsea with Birmingham!!!!!
Chelsea will be hoping to put the jinx away this term and i expect em to do that with the strength in their squad!!!
If Avram picks the right blend of players, Chelsea should make the final.

Granted, i RESPECT Liverpool in Europe.
Rafa Benitez must be the don of European games as he seems to know the technical know-how to rip teams apart.
However, Chelsea are no lightweights themselves. . . . . How do u intend to score 4 goals against Cech like y'all did Arsenal?
It's a tough one to call and i aint predicting till i see the team list!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by mykali(m): 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2008
i know most liverpool fans are scared, too scared that they can't mind their own thread. hey, by 9:00 2moro all will be settled. then from there we'll continue all this argument.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by bgees(m): 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2008
@mykali,

like u are not sht scared ur self. i say we are more confident.

till 2moro.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by atiku07(m): 7:34pm On Apr 21, 2008
i will like the liverfool fans to realise that the first champions league win against chelsea was controversial, with a shity Goal like that while the second one was a mere penalty shoot out which i will say is a game of luck. So liverpool had never won chelsea convicingly, well let see how it goes this time around and  I will like to tell benitez that a word is enough 4 a wise so sayeth the lord cause de chelsea am seeing here is not just a walk over okay, 90mins tommorrow Evening settles it all.

up blues.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by femikay149(m): 11:58pm On Apr 22, 2008
hmmm what a match that was.My heart was almost jumping out.Until the last minute that The God Of Chelsea saved Us.I ve always said God Supports the Blues that is why he painted the Sky Blue, and made the ocean blue as well.

[b]Riise[/b][/size] is my man of the match.lHe saved us.lol. Bt lets face it the whole team (i.e. Chelsea) played an awful game in the second half.Even First Half wasnt that fantastic.

Lampard shouldnt ve played the game,he wasnt in the match,malouda dnt know w@ to say about this guy,he is very wasteful, Drogba was very silent i laff when sum1 here said they didnt feed drogba.Pls watch the match the again and see the lovely long balls they gave him and he wasted,he also prefered to dive instead of struggling to score.Joe cole too wasnt all that 2day,bt i wouldnt prefered him on the pitch still instead of malouda,cos he can always create a moment of inspiration.

Ballack to mean was ok,he was the only one keeping that midfield a little bit alive.see what happened when Grant removed him for anelka.i wonder who He wanted to supply anelka wit Balls, He should ve removed Lampard instead( i know sum lampard fans ll disagree, bt lets face he is good bt this match he wasnt just in it)

Makalele no comments 4 him,Bt grant should beta bring mikel back.

Cech, Excellent.see the gerald shot he stopped with just one hand.Cech Baba.

Overall Our performance was below average.I thank God o for Riise[size=8pt]
again

We should beta step ur game in stanford Bridge.

I remain a Bluesfan till Adebayor becomes world best player.lol

Up Blues.[/size][size=8pt][color=#000099][/color]
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 23, 2008
Up blues, blues for life.
the match was fantastic. My man of the match is Joh Arne Risse, i'm sure he'll never walk alone after that match. lol. grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by kaydoxkay(m): 11:29am On Apr 23, 2008
Never walk alone they say, but is it possible to stumble alone? Please liverpool fans reply on behalf of Risse.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by bgees(m): 3:24pm On Apr 23, 2008
chelsea manage to get a draw, and the fans hav started runnuni their mouths.

the only difference was petr cech. if not for him, u guys wont be here bragging.

as for reina, he wasnt even troubled at all.

young martin skrtel made drogba look like a school boy.

i will spare risse any backlash, but he made a bad decision. he could have easily cleard the ball with his feet.

i was a draw, u have the advantage.ITS ONLY AN ADVANTAGE. so u can brag and foam in the mouth for all i clear.

ynwa
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by dejiavu(m): 4:07pm On Apr 23, 2008
@begees
am not blaming u but i blame arsenal that just made torres a popular man(with that turning). while your coach is crying foul, if skertel can not silent drogba as terry did to torres what he's collecting wages for?
benitez knew that the game he played with inter and arsenal he dare not try it with chelsea or else, "trouble" remember the last time he did it to jose he lost by 4- 1.

this year is our year by God grace
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by mykali(m): 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2008
@bjeez

u ''lost'' the match and yet u have no remorse. u come here to loud mouth about an ''ordinary'' advantage. next week will settle everything so till then just stay the f**k out of this thread, loser
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by bluehorizo(m): 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2008
@Mykali

leave those boys alone for they know not what they are talking about. Hisssssssssssssssssss
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by bgees(m): 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2008
dejiavu:

@begees
am not blaming u but i blame arsenal that just made torres a popular man(with that turning). while your coach is crying foul, if skertel can not silent drogba as terry did to torres what he's collecting wages for?
benitez knew that the game he played with inter and arsenal he dare not try it with chelsea or else, "trouble" remember the last time he did it to jose he lost by 4- 1.

this year is our year by God grace

terry played dirty all night. at least, torres was more impressive than drogba.

!@ all other blues,

we can give u the blues right at stamford bridge. the boys just need to believe that one way or the other, we still have a chance.rafa might not have scored at stamford bridge, but things can still happen. i hope chelsea wont bottle up and try to play defensive.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by gbolalekan(m): 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2008
liverpool can still pull a suprise, WATCH OUT!!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by mykali(m): 5:56pm On Apr 23, 2008
@gbola

liverpool fans think chelsea and "ass"nal are in the same 'pushovers league' u can't just push us over like u did them, cuz we are a better and experienced team. liverpool have been K.Oed and i know it is very difficult to accept defeat even when it is starring u in the face. just get over it k?
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by olubiz(m): 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2008
Soccer is not maths and Chelsea must never count their chicken untill they are hatched
Liverpool can pull a very BIG suprise
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by mykali(m): 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2008
what kind of a ''BIG SURPRISE'' are y'all expecting anyway? u guys should quit the whinning and crying. u ain't going to the final, FULLSTOP
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by eleski(m): 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2008
HEY GUYS,
I SEE CHELSEA PLAYING BARCA IN THE FINAL, IT'S TIME FOR CHELSEA TO TASTE THE FINAL
FOR THE FIRST TIME, BUT THEY WON'T WIN THE CUP.
AFTER THE ONE ONE DRAW AT ANFIELD, LIVERPOOL ARE OUT FOR REAL THANX TO RIISE'S
LATE OWN GOAL.
BARCA 4 LIFE wink
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by Meldrick(m): 7:21pm On Apr 23, 2008
Chelsea Enemies, I promise you. You'll be put to shame. Liverpool will surely walk alone
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 24, 2008
Liverpool fans, dont make me laugh? (omg this is hilarious).

there's no use crying over spilt milk. as for me, my man of the match was John Arne Risse, he was smashing.

As for the return match at the Bridge, I'm sure Riise will once more be heading our way and i can assure you that i will be somersaulting alone wherever i'm watching the match.
i think y'all liverpool fans need to change to slogan to "You'll never cry alone", cos that's wot's going to happen when they get pushed out of the champs league, just imagine kop in tears (ha ha ha ha ha, i go die o!!!!!!!!)
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by tocdee(m): 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2008
If I was a chelsea fan, I'd be worried that none of my strikers have scored in AGES. I mean if not for poor Essien, u realize u'd be behind Arsenal right now, don't y'all? U needed help frm riise to record a goal. On wednesday, Liverpool will attack with abandon. Chelsea wouldnt know whether to defend or to attack and it will end up being another Liverpool miracle. Trust me, The Reds have 'been there, done that'. I'm not saying it will be easy, but u guys talk like u beat us at Anfield (Pity how u've fallen).

Last season, the Reds beat barca at the Nou Camp, this seaon it was Inter at the San Siro and quite frankly, i'm quite optimistic the magnificent Reds will prevail. BUT even if they don't, at least unlike the blues and Grunt, The Reds and Rafa can Never Walk Alone. That's the beauty of Liverpool.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2008
eleski:

HEY GUYS,
I SEE CHELSEA PLAYING BARCA IN THE FINAL, IT'S TIME FOR CHELSEA TO TASTE THE FINAL
FOR THE FIRST TIME, BUT THEY WON'T WIN THE CUP.
AFTER THE ONE ONE DRAW AT ANFIELD, LIVERPOOL ARE OUT FOR REAL THANX TO RIISE'S
LATE OWN GOAL.
BARCA 4 LIFE wink

I agree with you
Meldrick:

Chelsea Enemies, I promise you. You'll be put to shame. Liverpool will surely walk alone

For visitors to win in in stamford bridge isn't easy

tocdee:

If I was a chelsea fan, I'd be worried that none of my strikers have scored in AGES. I mean if not for poor Essien, u realize u'd be behind Arsenal right now, don't y'all? You needed help frm riise to record a goal. On wednesday, Liverpool will attack with abandon. Chelsea wouldnt know whether to defend or to attack and it will end up being another Liverpool miracle. Trust me, The Reds have 'been there, done that'. I'm not saying it will be easy, but u guys talk like u beat us at Anfield (Pity how u've fallen).

Can you tell me when last Liverpool scored a goal at stamford bridge?
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by DaJunta(m): 3:19pm On Apr 25, 2008
[size=16pt]LIVERPOOL STILL WIN

YNWA
[/size]
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Who? by bgees(m): 4:16pm On Apr 25, 2008
I SEE RED PEOPLE

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Did Okocha Leave Soccer So Early? / Should Diving Still Be Seen In Proffessional Football ? / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Zinedine Zidane's 1st Training Session As Real Madrid Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.