Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,897 members, 7,973,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 07:47 AM

Lagos To Demolish Makoko Floating School - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Demolish Makoko Floating School (15170 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Lagos To Demolish Makoko Floating School by naptu2: 4:49am On May 08, 2013
IOMN:

Not in a single statement did he mention the creation of AFFORDABLE housing and AFFORDABLE communities. If people from Makoko village were offered a viable alternative to living on the water, most would take it and then it would not be seen as a move for the mass eviction of people from the area. There are plenty of people from fishing villages all around the world that do not actually live on the water. Also, Fashola is attempting to just be strategic and keep tensions low amongst the people in Makoko, which is why he was so careful with his words. It's an attack on the poor. There are scores of community development professionals teaming to create viable and sustainable solutions to Nigeria's social problems, which include initiatives geared towards poorer people, but let's face it, the poor is not his focus. He is only preoccupied with displacing these people because that is the easiest and most immediate thing he can do.

Please check the other thread. You'll see tonnes of evidence of affordable housing, employment programmes, etc. I didn't want to keep reposting, but maybe I'll have to. Please check the other thread. We've thoroughly thrashed this issue (and I still have more to post). Come one, come all to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1280369/why-eko-atlantic-legal-makoko

Come find out about Lagos HOMS, the YES programme, the destitute's home, LASMI, the urban regeneration programmes, the skills acquisition centres, Katyeri Market and many more (Mapet has promised to make his contributions today).
Re: Lagos To Demolish Makoko Floating School by IOMN(f): 6:35am On May 08, 2013
naptu2:

Please check the other thread. You'll see tonnes of evidence of affordable housing, employment programmes, etc. I didn't want to keep reposting, but maybe I'll have to. Please check the other thread. We've thoroughly thrashed this issue (and I still have more to post). Come one, come all to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1280369/why-eko-atlantic-legal-makoko

Come find out about Lagos HOMS, the YES programme, the destitute's home, LASMI, the urban regeneration programmes, the skills acquisition centres, Katyeri Market and many more (Mapet has promised to make his contributions today).

Cool. I will definitely review. I'm very curious to know what the plans are and the progress towards them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Will Not Reinstate The 13 Sacked VCs – FG / Comrade Adams Oshiomhole Was Not Arrested, It Is A Rumour - APC / Gunmen Kindap Idris Mohammed, Niger State Commissioner For Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.