Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,114 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:49 PM

My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) (2343 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by xynerise: 1:32pm On May 02, 2013
sanb: Hahaha Lol; then maybe it’s time to brush up on yah skills….. shocked grin
Ok. Adult Education subscribing.............

grin
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by vivianc(f): 2:23pm On May 02, 2013
If the definition of a great guy is one who sticks to these stupid rules (no offence antelope tongue) and expects me to play by them, then I'd pass.

What happened to being urself, being friends and having fun?

Playing too hard to get? So that he will beg? Like seriously? Often times this turns a lady into a challenge to the guy, one he must conquer and once he conquers, he moves on to the next 'challenge'.

A man who likes, likes you. And he likes you no matter how crazy you are.

Some people on this thread who are "doing all the right things" but still single would attest to that.

There is no mathematical formula for life, if there was, life wouldn't be this complicated cos a lot of great minds would have formulated those formulas and un-complicate life.

So I say to my sisters, be you and have fun, life is too short to stick to some stupid rules *winks*

3 Likes

Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by xynerise: 2:48pm On May 02, 2013
vivian chinaza:

What happened to being urself, being friends and having fun?
Being yourself in a negative way? I advocate for change of attitude before it is late.

vivian chinaza:
Playing too hard to get? So that he will beg? Like seriously?
Draw a thin line between playing hard to get and showing your worth.

vivian chinaza:
A man who likes, likes you. And he likes you no matter how crazy you are.
Like seriously? A responsible man will marry you no matter how crazy you are? Is this 21st century marriage? undecided

vivian chinaza:
Some people on this thread who are "doing all the right things" but still single would attest to that.
Stop discouraging people.

vivian chinaza:
So I say to my sisters, be you and have fun, life is too short to stick to some stupid rules *winks*
Swear you didnt pick some of the advices?
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by vivianc(f): 3:31pm On May 02, 2013
xynerise:
Being yourself in a negative way? I advocate for change of attitude before it is late.

Draw a thin line between playing hard to get and showing your worth.

Like seriously? A responsible man will marry you no matter how crazy you are? Is this 21st century marriage? undecided

Stop discouraging people.

Swear you didnt pick some of the advices?

Honestly, I have little or no time for this but let's do this, let me pick your point one by one.

1. Hanging out with a guy you met and obviously like is not portraying yourself in a negative light. Hanging out could be going out on a date or hanging out at home. Some people prefer one to the other. Whichever u choose is cool. Thinking that you would appear desperate for going to a man's house is immature TBH.
You wanna show this guy what you are made of no matter where you are? Be it at home or at a joint? Engage him in an intellectual informal discussion, contribute, show him what you are good at, take his attention away from romance while you have fun. That way you would earn his respect and he would want to be with you more.
Look, even if a lady plays by your rule, Xynerise, and at the end of the day she went, the guy is not gonna keep her cos he begged and begged before she came, hell no! The guy is gonna keep her and want to be with her because of the impression she created at that point in time.
Why don't a lady relax, take it a step at a time and have fun?

2. There are plenty of ways a lady could show her self worth. If she doesn't know this, then that's her problem. But if her worth is tied down to how many times a man begged to have a number or for a visit? Then she needs to rediscover herself.

3. Xynerise yes, a responsible man would marry a girl no matter how crazy she is, and mind you craziness is not synonymous to irresponsibility. Don't push a girl into a lot of pretence, allow her to be herself.

4. I'm not discouraging people, that's a fact and you know it.

5. Sweetheart I don't play by the rules, any body that knows me knows that. So yea, I didn't. I don't pick advice on how to make a guy like me. I pick advice on how to develop myself, for me.

When I'm hanging out with a guy, I don't take myself seriously, I just be myself. For crying out loud hanging out with a guy shouldn't be a job interview, it should be fun.

2 Likes

Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by nbright: 4:48pm On May 02, 2013
vivian chinaza:

Honestly, I have little or no time for this but let's do this, let me pick your point one by one.

1. Hanging out with a guy you met and obviously like is not portraying yourself in a negative light. Hanging out could be going out on a date or hanging out at home. Some people prefer one to the other. Whichever u choose is cool. Thinking that you would appear desperate for going to a man's house is immature TBH.
You wanna show this guy what you are made of no matter where you are? Be it at home or at a joint? Engage him in an intellectual informal discussion, contribute, show him what you are good at, take his attention away from romance while you have fun. That way you would earn his respect and he would want to be with you more.
Look, even if a lady plays by your rule, Xynerise, and at the end of the day she went, the guy is not gonna keep her cos he begged and begged before she came, hell no! The guy is gonna keep her and want to be with her because of the impression she created at that point in time.

2. There are plenty of ways a lady could show her self worth. If she doesn't know this, then that's her problem. But if her worth is tied down to how many times a man begged to have a number or for a visit? Then she needs to rediscover herself.

3. Xynerise yes, a responsible man would marry a girl no matter how crazy she is, and mind you craziness is not synonymous to irresponsibility. Don't push a girl into a lot of pretence, allow her to be herself.

5. Sweetheart I don't play by the rules, any body that knows me knows that. So yea, I didn't. I don't pick advice on how to make a guy like me. I pick advice on how to develop myself, for me.

When I'm hanging out with a guy, I don't take myself seriously, I just be myself. For crying out loud hanging out with a guy shouldn't be a job interview, it should be fun.
Vivian, Vivian, Vivian... How many times did I call you?. Carry go... Just be yourself. But that doesn't mean if you chew gum like a ****** you will chew it like that in his prescence.. But I like that your comment.
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by freecocoa(f): 4:58pm On May 02, 2013
undecided
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by xynerise: 6:26pm On May 02, 2013
vivian chinaza:

Sorry I was driving to reply to these earlier.

I believe your epistle is all about '' Be yourself'' right? Ok, when your man is talking to you and you have this addictive habit of pinging with your BB, because you want to ''be yourself'' your will keep pinging and ignore him and he will smile and give you a hug right?
How about chewing bubble gum like Nbright said in his presence like a prostititu.te, you are trying to be yourself right?

Listen young woman, there are some dirty characters one should change and not hide. I am not advising ladies to hide the bad side of them, am advising them to change it permanently. Thank You
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by xynerise: 6:27pm On May 02, 2013
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by xynerise: 6:28pm On May 02, 2013
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by xynerise: 6:29pm On May 02, 2013
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by xynerise: 6:31pm On May 02, 2013
See wetin Vivian cause grin
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by xynerise: 6:32pm On May 02, 2013
grin
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 02, 2013
^^^^ 6 times grin
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by xynerise: 6:41pm On May 02, 2013
Chai! I don 4k up. undecided
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by Aafulenu(f): 7:13pm On May 02, 2013
dowjones:

See ladies, theres is one sure way of leaving the singles league and it is being REAL !
as plain as that sounds its very difficult because women are generally wired to be FAKE and nothing turns men off than fakeness.

Stop forming for the guy you like, this isnt the 80's. Pretending to be a "hard catch" only puts you in the crowd of "nollywood" girls everywhere.

Be a FRIEND to ur boyfriend. Men VALUE women they can relate with. When you roll in the same wavelenght with him, he will rather hang out with u than with his friends.

when you get to his house, EAT AND EAT if you feel like eating. Men find good appetite seductive! Be real always

There is no harm of telling a man you like him. MEN RESPECT WOMEN WHO DO THAT...(i notice only butty and exposed girls do this). Asking a man out will not guaranty a sure relationship but the guy will refer you other guys (i speak from experience)

The list is endless..the koko is.. IGNORE IGNORANT PEOPLE LIKE THE OP! Being rude, fake, calculative or hard to get doesnt guaranty love. It only triggers the "player" side of a man!

Pls my sisters..its not mathematics..its not luck! Be real. One love

dont mind the op, so if i like food i should hide it and wait till u marry me b4 i eat? so when u marry me i will then start d eating and u will start the complaining that i have changed.
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by vivianc(f): 7:27pm On May 02, 2013
xynerise:
Sorry I was driving to reply to these earlier.

I believe your epistle is all '' Be yourself'' right? Ok, when your man is talking to you and you have this addictive habit of pinging with your BB, because you want to ''be yourself'' your will keep pinging and ignore him and he will smile and give you a hug right?
How about chewing bubble gum like Nbright said in his presence like a prostititu.te, your are trying to be yourself right?

Listen young woman, there some dirty character one should change and not hide. I am not advising ladies to hide the bad side of them, am advising them to change it permanently. Thank You

Mr. You are no longer sense. What you wrote up here is bullshi..t same as your initial post.
If you can't distinguish being yourself, being crazy from being irresponsible, that's entirely your business, not mine.

But for learning sake, let me break it down for you.

Chewing goat like a goat is a bad manner, whether you are alone, with a man or a woman.
Pinging or not given someone attention is also a bad communication manner, whether you are with a man, woman, friend, family. All these have nothing to do with what we are talking about here, so don't bring things that are out of context.

Even tho this is outta context, but.....Advising ladies to change their bad sides? Like seriously? Don't we have them all? I mean bad sides? Show me who on earth doesn't, definitely not you. So yea, people should change and become angel, because they want a guy to like them? Huh? What happened to being comfortable in your own skin? What happened to not being afraid of showing your bad side? That only makes us human you know. So if you are not comfortable with one person's bad side, you move on to another, plain and simply.

We are adults, as we progress in life, we seek for self improvement. And for someone to even consider being in a long term relationship/marriage, then we assume the person is an adult. Having a bad side is quite distinct from being irresponsible.

If you are advising ladies not to be irresponsible, then you have a terrible way of doing that. What you put up there has nothing to do with irresponsibility.

Next time, be more explicit.
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 02, 2013
vivian chinaza:

Mr. You are no longer sense. What you wrote up here is bullshi..t same as your initial post.
If you can't distinguish being yourself, being crazy from being irresponsible, that's entirely your business, not mine.

Chewing goat like a goat is a bad manner, whether you are alone, with a man or a woman.
Pinging or not given someone attention is also a bad communication manner, whether you are with a man, woman, friend, family. All these have nothing to do with what we are talking about here, so don't bring things that are out of context.

Even tho this is outta context, but.....Advising ladies to change their bad sides? Like seriously? Don't we have them all? I mean bad sides? Show me who on earth doesn't, definitely not you. So yea, people should change and become angel, because they want a guy to like them? Huh? What happened to being comfortable in your own skin? What happened to not being afraid of showing your bad side? That only makes us human you know. So if you are not comfortable with one person's bad side, you move on to another, plain and simply.

We are adults, as we progress in life, we seek for self improvement. And for someone to even consider being in a long term relationship/marriage, then we assume the person is an adult. Having a bad side is quite distinct from being irresponsible.

If you are advising ladies not to be irresponsible, then you have a terrible way of doing that. What you put up there has nothing to do with irresponsibility.

The fact that you don't agree with what he said doesn't make it bull-shi*t.
He has good points, you have good points too.
Let's agree to disagree in a peaceful and non-insulting manner.
Thanks! cool
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by vivianc(f): 7:36pm On May 02, 2013
alutacontinua:

The fact that you don't agree with what he said doesn't make it bull-shi*t.
He has good points, you have good points too.
Let's agree to disagree in a peaceful and non-insulting manner.
Thanks! cool

Sorry, bad mood I guess. I don't even wanna argue. Everyone should choose what works for him or her.
I'm out!
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by ayabdul: 8:52pm On May 02, 2013
What a great point.I respect ur scence oof reasoning.b4 I forget ur sister must b a big akagum.
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by xynerise: 8:53pm On May 02, 2013
vivian chinaza:

Haba! Na fight? undecided. No vex na. See as u wan use spoil my ministry undecided.
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by nbright: 10:05pm On May 02, 2013
xynerise:
Listen young woman, there are some dirty characters one should change and not hide. I am not advising ladies to hide the bad side of them, am advising them to change it permanently. Thank You
The Gospel truth... Ladies drop the bad habits don't hide it.. In the voice of tuface.. Why don't you change your ways?, change your ways now?.
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by dowjones(m): 12:24pm On May 03, 2013
@vivian chinaza you always impress me with ur posts..no be today.

I would have love to break down the OPs post for anlysis but i cant cos i'm mobile. I'll try.

THERES NO PRIDE IN PLAYING HARD TO GET. Its babaric, aggressive and CONFUSING! Most men cant even tell if a lady's playing hard or she's serious so they LEAVE!

"good material" as you put it, is not a woman who frowns when she wants to smile or starves when she want to eat! Its a woman who adds value to anybody she meets!

ORDERING ONE PLATE IN A RESTAURANT DOES NOT IMPLY A WOMAN IS GOOD MATERIAL. There are a thousand ways to run a man down. (this is what i think..since u asked)

THERES NOTHING WRONG IN DEMANDING, its wrong to give an attitude when your demand is not met.

A LADY SHOULD ALWAYS LOOK HOT AND CLASSY..you said a woman SHOULD NOT LOOK TOO HOT. Lol. Men are visual animals, we love hot women especially when that woman is our girlfriend!

The kind of men who prefer PRETENDERS are judgmental, over-religious conservatives like the OP.

My ladies, it pays to be real.
Re: My Advice For Single Ladies (expository Advice) by xynerise: 9:01pm On May 03, 2013
^^ Draw a thin line between Men and Responsible Men.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Cousins Die While Having Sex In Imo State / Life Is So Not Fair To Men!!! / I Wish I Never Took Excess Alcohol .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.