Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,668 members, 7,911,809 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 04:19 PM

Winning Each Day Daily Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Winning Each Day Daily Devotional (519 Views)

Swimming Against The Current - Winning Each Day Devotional / Why You Must Hear From God - Winning Each Day Devotional / Winning Each Day Daily Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Winning Each Day Daily Devotional by PstWoleSoetan(m): 4:10am On May 02, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL
2Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

MAY 2, 2013

MAKING A VISIBLE IMPACT II

Memory verse: (Jam 5:17 CEV) Elijah was just as human as we are, and for three and a half years his prayers kept the rain from falling.

Very little is said of Elijah's pedigree in the bible. All we are told is that he was a Tishbite, of the sojourners of Gilead…"(1 Kings 17:1). Despite the limited information about his background, he was able to impact the lives of people in his generation and generations after his. This is an indication that you can affect lives regardless of your background. It doesn't matter that people have looked down on your humble background, God can still use you. What God will do in your life will cut across the globe in Jesus’ name. Get ready to step into shoes that your parents could not fill. I pray for you that you will be the completion of all that your parents could not achieve in Jesus' name.

Elijah’s name, in the Hebrew language, comes out as Eliyahu which means ‘My God, Jehovah is He (Jehovah is my God). There are numerous names describing God but the name Jehovah describes Him as a covenant God. When you are going through a rough patch and you call upon Jehovah, something changes because the covenant is brought to bear.

Elijah’s name is significant because He understood that for anything to be achieved, it had to be achieved through the covenant. This understanding affected his disposition and his level of confidence in God.

Covenants eliminate excuses and enforce commitment. If we can understand this concept like Elijah did, we will become more confident in our dealings with God. We will no longer live in doubt; we will make our declarations public knowing that God will back us up.

CONFESSION: I am operating in a dangerous dimension of God’s power.

PRAYER: I'm coming into a better understanding of my relationship with God in Jesus' name.

FURTHER READING: Acts 16
Re: Winning Each Day Daily Devotional by PstWoleSoetan(m): 4:35am On May 02, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL
2Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

MAY 1, 2013

MAKING A VISIBLE IMPACT

Memory verse: (Jam 5:17) Elijah was just as human as we are, and for three and a half years his prayers kept the rain from falling.

It is not too late for any of us to begin fulfilling the assignment of impacting lives which God has placed in our hands. As believers, we cheat our family and friends when we live like ordinary people. Elijah was a phenomenal prophet of God who possessed a larger than life image. He raised the widow’s son from the dead and was fed by the raven which is said to be one of the stingiest birds in existence. He also parted the river Jordan with his mantle and when he was to be taken up, God sent the heavenly host to transport him to the Northern side of the city of the great King. It is easy to view such a man as extraordinary.

However, the bible makes it clear that Elijah was as much a man as you are. If you can only release your faith, you will operate in a greater dimension of power and anointing that Elijah did. (Mat 11:11) “Truly I say to you, Among those who have been born of women there has not risen a greater one than John the Baptist. But the least in the kingdom of Heaven is greater than he.” We are citizens of the kingdom which makes us greater than John the Baptist and by extension, greater than Elijah. It is time we stopped limiting the impact of God in us. There is something stirring up on our inside and if we can submit to the anointing of God, we will experience better things than Elijah did.

CONFESSION: My life carries the treasure, power, glory, majesty and influence of God and it will be revealed to the world. I am not ordinary.

PRAYER: I will add value to all I come in contact with in Jesus’ name.

FURTHER READING: Acts 14

Listen and download free audio messages by Pastor Oyewole Soetan at www.pastorwolesoetan.com. COZA celebrates you!

(1) (Reply)

Purpose: Sent To Bless / Dmc Devil May Cry 5: Satanic Video Games / Thank You God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.