Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,626 members, 7,951,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 06:58 PM

I'm Not Ready To Play For Nigeria - Anichebe - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I'm Not Ready To Play For Nigeria - Anichebe (627 Views)

Victor Anichebe Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today! / Anichebe Slams Kit Harington, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor For Snubbing Him / Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Ready To Play For Nigeria - Anichebe by joseph1013: 9:23am On May 02, 2013
Everton forward, Victor Anichebe, has once again spoken about his decision not to play for the Super Eagles of Nigeria yet, adding that he is focused on his club football at the moment, rather than playing for Nigeria.

Last week coach Stephen Keshi, revealed that Anichebe was not ready to play for Nigeria, with the player failing to pick his calls or even replying the messages left on his phone.

The 25-year old burly striker, has been in fine form for his club, this season,becoming the arrow-head in attack for them and even displacing Nikica Jelavic in the starting eleven.

Anichebe while speaking to BBC Sport said that he is putting his international career with Nigeria on hold, so that he can effectively manage his body accordingly.”

“The best thing for me at the moment is to focus on club football,” he said.

Anichebe who has not played for Nigeria since he sustained a groin injury in a Nations Cup qualifiers against Madagascar in 2011, however dismissed suggestions that he does not love playing for Nigeria.

“Without club football there is no international football and everyone at Everton was with me every step of the way during my injuries and rehabilitation and so I owe it to the club to manage myself correctly,” he explained.

“I didn’t feel that the Nigerian federation was there for me then in the same manner, which was especially disappointing given that I got the injury representing my country.”

“But I don’t blame anyone for this nor do I have any issues with anybody from the NFF or Stephen Keshi our coach. “

“He has done a fantastic job and is building a team that Nigerians can be proud of.”

It is understood that Anichebe was lined up to replace injured Emmanuel Emenike, for the hectic month of June, which faces the Super Eagles of Nigeria, with the World Cup qualifiers and the FIFA Confederations Cup in Brazil looming.

Source: www.allsports.com.ng/2013/05/02/i-am-not-yet-ready-to-play-for-nigeria-victor-anichebe/

Can anyone begrudge Anichebe?
Re: I'm Not Ready To Play For Nigeria - Anichebe by splashbaby(m): 9:35am On May 02, 2013
These NFF people self...
Re: I'm Not Ready To Play For Nigeria - Anichebe by Ab025(m): 10:54am On May 02, 2013
God!!!....how can NFF be calling up Anichebe!! This is a striker that has neva scored up to 10 goals all-in-all in a season and has had an injury-filled carreer. Besides, is Anichebe even that good a striker...? What are his technical abililties as a striker? How good is his finishing? Howabout his complete passes? His dribbling abilities? how about his shots on target inside and outside the eighteen yard?....as far as am concerned, he is just an average player (that's becos I just dnt want to admit he is below average) but I tink we have far more better strikers even at home here than nigeria, NFF should open their eyes o, the world has changed o!! Do u think if it was anichebe that striked for us during this last AFCON, we would have won it...? NO....a good striker is not judged by muscles, speed and physical football alone, only one thing is important in judgin a striker...."GOALs"
Re: I'm Not Ready To Play For Nigeria - Anichebe by joseph1013: 11:32am On May 03, 2013
I'm beginning to give up on these mods. Wondering why this is not on fp. So inconsistent on their choices of frontpage material.

(1) (Reply)

Tennis: 2013 French Open - Day 8 (sunday, June 2nd) - Results And Fixtures / Uruguay Coach Hails Super Eagles / Keshi Wants Yobo, Odemwingie Back (finally)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.