Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,406 members, 7,881,478 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:50 PM

New Born Abandoned On The Sand At Hawaii Beach - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / New Born Abandoned On The Sand At Hawaii Beach (593 Views)

How Stray Dog Saved New Born Baby Abandoned On The Street [PICS] / Photo Of A Proud Dad Bathing His New Born Baby Goes Viral On FB / Heartless Mother Throws Her New Born Baby In A Gutter With Its Placenta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Born Abandoned On The Sand At Hawaii Beach by infonubia(m): 8:56pm On May 02, 2013
A baby girl was dumped and found crying in the sand at a Hawaii beach shortly after she was born. According to the Department of Human Services Director Patricia McManaman said the 8-pound new born was "abandoned immediately after birth."

It's so sad that a human being could be regarded as trash left in the sand. This baby could have been taken away by the tide, an animal,or anything. Thankfully, a woman found the baby and took her to the hospital where she's responding nicely and feeding very well.

I cannot help but wonder why a mother or anyone would do this to a day old baby. How much value do we place on life? There's no telling what this child could be in future. The irony of the situation is that there are folks out there that are hoping and praying to have a children yet, some are lucky enough to have children and choose not to value them.

Few days ago, I posted the story about a UK mom who forced her 14-year-old daughter to be a surrogate mother all because she desperately wanted a fourth child but couldn't bare one by herself. Maybe if the woman had found someone who was ready to donate a baby, she wouldn't go as far with her daughter.

Honestly, I try to empathize with feelings of fear, confusion, and pain the mothers that abandon their babies feel at the time of childbirth, but I just don't understand not taking the baby for a safe location. If anything, give the baby up for adoption.

You may wonder why I assumed the baby's mother committed this atrocious act. It's because no one has come to claim the baby yet. There's been no calls to the police about a missing baby, no family member has called to claim the poor child.

There are lots of unanswered questions surrounding the identity of the baby's parent. All we can do at this point is to speculate about what could possibly have led someone to abandon a baby by the beach.

If no one comes forward to claim the baby by the end of the week, the Department of Human Services will file a petition with family court, asking for custody.

There are other points I didn't touch on. Share your thoughts and don't be afraid to disagree or touch on other important points!

Check out this story and more on www.infonubia.com
Re: New Born Abandoned On The Sand At Hawaii Beach by BB12(f): 9:52am On May 03, 2013
Hmnnnn...person wey get head no get cap, likewise, person with cap no get head embarassed

Some people weep every month because they couldn't conceive and here, a baby carried and nurtured for 9 months was totally abandoned! O ma se oo angry
Re: New Born Abandoned On The Sand At Hawaii Beach by infonubia(m): 3:12pm On May 03, 2013
BB12: Hmnnnn...person wey get head no get cap, likewise, person with cap no get head embarassed

Some people weep every month because they couldn't conceive and here, a baby carried and nurtured for 9 months was totally abandoned! O ma se oo angry

My point exactly! Its different strokes for different folks.

www.infonubia.com

(1) (Reply)

Can Watching Cartoons Have Any Negative Impact On Kids / FAMILY BATTLE: Man Tries To Stab Father; Father Shoots Son / How Can One Be Globally Aware With Tight Schedule.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.