Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,953 members, 7,909,566 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 08:29 AM

Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? (26985 Views)

Men Do You Respect These Kind Of Ladies ?(pics) / How Much Do You Value Your Girlfriend? / Men, Do You Value Inner Beauty? (Be Honest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by HARDDON: 8:07pm On May 04, 2013
As Gdons wud always Saч , The difference between 'kpekere'(only the heavens ĸпoω wor da means) and platain chips is in the packaging.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by simplet1: 9:02pm On May 04, 2013
for me i dont really fancy beauty, if she is smart intelligent, have a good character and a great sence of humor combined with respect thats enough for ,e
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by mufex(m): 11:22pm On May 04, 2013
This is the reason I like Nairaland. Anytime I am depressed it makes me laugh loud....Just reading people's comments.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by bunmit(m): 12:11am On May 05, 2013
pleep: As the great African Scholar CameroonPride would say: "Une femme sans make-up est une femme sans un amouruex."

But i dont think you are right in saying men prefer beauty to intelligence. A decent man is looking for a combination of both... if you posses one but not the other well.....

isn't that what the make-up is for? grin

you r definitely right......
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by baronksliq(m): 12:41am On May 05, 2013
I had been in a stituation were she actually had the brains and the beauty with or without make up! Trust me
I started running when I noticed that d two above contradicts her characters!!
So left for me I would advice you to make sure uя charater is right
cool
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Pancho01(m): 10:36am On May 05, 2013
Look at it this way, most single guys will want a beautiful girl just for a short-term relationship not minding if the girl is so dull in the brain. But a guy in entering into marriage will look for a girl with intelligence, so as to help in the running of the affairs of the family.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 11:05am On May 05, 2013
That awkward moment when ur beautiful wife cant Spell 'ANTISEPTIC' before ur guests!

Guys Be warned - Whoopi Goldberg Is still Single!
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 05, 2013
Lady ,Abeg knowledge is different from wisdom. U hav knowledge but i can't guarantee ur level of wisdom,at all. Ur statement alone has put me off. WOMEN!pls improve for us...ok
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by MrsChima(f): 12:48pm On May 05, 2013
Intelligence lasts longer.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by femijck(m): 8:14pm On May 05, 2013
@op..u just av to understand wat u're really talking about...intelligence is not all about academic achievement or status but ability to make meaningful contributions and good sense of problem solvn..this features can't be seen frm afar xcept by pple close to u...so u should atleast make urself presentable so ppl can get close to u and notice d intelligence then d 2 can work together...even if u're nt too beautiful wit dis u cn av d best huni .
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by vaskipumps: 10:17pm On May 05, 2013
Turbocharged: Are u trying to tell us dat u are naturally ugly, and its d makeup dat make you attractive?
Turbocharged: Are u trying to tell us dat u are naturally ugly, and its d makeup dat make you attractive?
first appearance matters
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Iyineda(m): 11:57am On May 06, 2013
Beauty: 25% (especially facial beauty for me)
Intelligence: 25% (i.e. level of exposure/open-mindedness, education)
Personality: 50% (i.e. character and moral values)
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 06, 2013
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Honeyjay: 9:49pm On May 06, 2013
You are already got Ph.D if you want to get date so do make up becuase you said,men like you when you make up.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Debra851: 7:35am On May 09, 2013
HARDDON:

OP is an education-made-bossy-type-of-woman-who-age-is-no-more-in-her-Favour . Confident woman With acutely set principles that ooze out through her aura. Stiff. Unyielding, wouldn't be surprised if she is still a virgin.

Good example of d saying : money can't get you all.

This has nothing to do with men liking beauty over brains.

It has all to do with your body Language OP.

Your unsaid yet loud signals .....

Wow! What an analysis of me. You got it right! You must be a psychic!
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Debra851: 7:54am On May 09, 2013
OP here. Thanks for everyone's replies. They were funny and I will take your advice. The consensus is that
make-up will help me get noticed more, which it does. Then the 'intelligence' (it IS not necessarily correlated with a Ph.D. as many have mentioned) will hopefully keep the guy.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by commited(m): 4:11pm On May 09, 2013
4 me, i will say both are essential. but d word beauty has a very broad meaning. have u sit down and ask urself what are ur true beauties. If u hav,work on them. A true man w'll love n appreciate u 4 who u truly are n not because of make-up or no mak-up. But i w'll not leave u ignorant of d fact that some men like it.But d most vital tin is, if u luv d way u look, because, it's meant 4 sum1 out there.Ur intelligence is a gift 2 'first' b4 u. use 2 crate n help those around u. it's not uncommon 2 c girls wit beauty n brain. but this beauty n brain use said u possess, is it, are u using it in a way that will actually u, into a woman and a mother with beauty n brain. Think about it.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by sekolaj: 9:18am On May 10, 2013
AS 4 ME,MY CRITERIA FOR WIFE.
-GOOD LOOKING
-EDUCATION
-RELIGIOUS
-CARING
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 10, 2013
(Too much) Intelligence in a woman is often an unwelcome distraction. Beauty and character (especially character) are more appealing to me. Besides, I have enough intelligence for both of us, so she needs to bring something else to the table (yes, na me talk am).

For me, nothing beats a buxom, tender, humble, submissive woman with average intelligence. She would always be the neck that controls my big head.

The so-called over-sabi intelligent woman is only useful as my colleague, professional associate, or intellectual discussant. . .not as someone I want to have physically or emotionally satisfying intimate relations with.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. / Have You Ever Loved Someone Without Being Loved In Return? / Tolulope And Ademola, Couple Met On Twitter, Share Their Love Story, Pre-Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.