Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:08 AM

House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” (5309 Views)

Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN / Okonjo-iweala Named In N1.17b ‘suspicious’ Transfer / Inside The Oil Deals That Cost Nigeria Billions; Between Diezani And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by ghettodreamz(m): 7:59am On May 03, 2013
The House of Representatives is set to investigate the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke over allegation of suspicious oil deals worth N59 trillion.

Speaking on a matter of public importance, member Representing Ogbaru Federal Constituency in Anambra State, Representative Victor Ogene accused the minister of impropriety and abuse of due process in the transaction leading to the sale of seven oil mining leases.

The matter was brought to the house following a petition by group from oil producing communities in Delta, who alleged that there was a deliberate exclusion of indigenious operators from the exercise.

Last week, members of oil producing communities in Delta state stormed the National Assembly to demand better control of the resources in their community.

They also protested what they described as the fraudulent allocation of oil mining leases.

During the protest last week, federal lawmakers from the senate addressed them and promised to take necessary action.

However, the matter was brought before the House of Representatives and they plan to set up an ad hoc committee to investigate the allegation.

The House has asked members of the public to submit necessary documents to the committee, which has four weeks to conclude the investigations.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/05/02/house-to-probe-minister-of-petroleum-over-suspicious-oil-deals/
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by blueheart(m): 9:18am On May 03, 2013
Am curious. How many of these National Assembly probe findings have been acted upon? Another route to extort ghana-must-go and horse trading from the minister. At the end, no case to answer report

2 Likes

Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by kaysy(m): 10:33am On May 03, 2013
I Think the woman deserves to go, Only Jonathan knows why he chose to retain this woman in office

2 Likes

Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by nairaman66(m): 10:33am On May 03, 2013
First thing first!! GEJ's girlfriend should resign for transparency's sake!! Then we'll know what they mean by probing.

1 Like

Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by Uziehot(m): 10:34am On May 03, 2013
Lets go Gej lab-rats,ride on.
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by Tolexander: 10:34am On May 03, 2013
They are mad!

What is their outcome of Maina probe?
Have they succeeded in probing Idi Farouk Lawan.

Another way to acquire wealth through bribery.

Very understandable they wanna collect their own share from the woman.
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by alaoeri: 10:35am On May 03, 2013
House of Reps or house of cowards, bunch of toothless bulldogs mstcheeeew.
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by ezedolar: 10:35am On May 03, 2013
Both the probers and the probee are the same thiefs may liverpool Saurex bite them one by one some body say Amen

4 Likes

Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by bigblxd(m): 10:39am On May 03, 2013
@Op: It still beats my imagination why GEJ cant realise the damage this woman is doing to his image and that of this administration. The PM has become the albatros of this government, a sad reminder to the women folk seeking more political relevance and a cog in the wheeel of the fight against corruption!

1 Like

Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by spacebus: 10:41am On May 03, 2013
59trn??money for generations yet unborn angry

1 Like

Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by kennyonthrone(m): 10:52am On May 03, 2013
Probe ke? Na 2 share moni gv dem na
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by ebamma(m): 10:54am On May 03, 2013
Na God go punish all those nairalanders where dey like defend president Gej, we have endured enough of his shoeless administration, and na God go punish anybody were go vote am again for 2015 elections

1 Like

Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by brotherlyn(m): 11:02am On May 03, 2013
My heart bleeds!

My heart bleeds because of the wickedness of the wicked that is being played before our very eyes and yet it seems
to us like we've been caged and hynotised not to take action against them.

59 Trillion Naira - Just 50% of it is enough to take care of so many infrastructural decay that we have around and that will help boost the real sector and create jobs for the teeming unemployed graduates and under skilled personnels.

This country, without any doubt is under a siege, and a serious one for that matter.

And sincerely, it will only take God's divine intervention to straighten things up, else, this country might just tear into shreds.

N59 Trillion, saving for cursed generations yet unborn.
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by Aphrygian(m): 11:05am On May 03, 2013
I tot some people who has their brain tissues replaced with RAFIA said the 1st anouncment abt this matter na lie.
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by freebloke: 11:15am On May 03, 2013
i dey supply alomo bitter in large kwantiti...
E dey dey good to take step down in a situation lai dis.
Special bonanza... Drink 3 big bottles and get one kpelepe free.
Hurry now and order for urs!

1 Like

Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by Liberal2020: 11:22am On May 03, 2013

Deja Vu! The essence of this probe and as with many of them is to cut their share. Once the minister agrees to settle them their share, they will give her a soft landing. Our leaders have a deep sense of humor; they do this smugly thinking we are foolssmiley Another Farouk saga imminent
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by gerald09(m): 11:22am On May 03, 2013
As I said looting billions is so 90s, looting trillions is what's in vogue nw, IBB and the rest wuld be proud.
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by DaLover(m): 11:24am On May 03, 2013
kaysy: I Think the woman deserves to go, Only Jonathan knows why he chose to retain this woman in office

The president of a country cannot make critical decisions based on unfounded rumours
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by eggheaders(m): 11:25am On May 03, 2013
our in house gej a55 lickers are busy cooking up a defence for gej's mistress.

1 Like

Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by RickyRoss1(m): 11:28am On May 03, 2013
Brothers, dont raise your hopes, these clowns cannot do anything. They are house of criminals. Their main objective is to steal as much money as possible. When they need more money they raise issues like this so the offender can give them more billions.
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by Liberal2020: 11:29am On May 03, 2013
DaLover:

The president of a country cannot make critical decisions based on unfounded rumours

What planet are you from? Are you a Nigerian? Let me tell you something before you dey charjara, even if in my sleep, I'm told that Mrs Madueke has 200 oil blocks, I will believe and take it at face value; no questions asked.
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by DaLover(m): 11:35am On May 03, 2013
Liberal2020:

What planet are you from? Are you a Nigerian? Let me tell you something before you dey charjara, even if in my sleep, I'm told that Mrs Madueke has 200 oil blocks, I will believe and take it at face value; no questions asked.

You are free to believe anything you like...but I still believe without evidence, we are just dancing like mad men
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by DaLover(m): 11:38am On May 03, 2013
Liberal2020:

Deja Vu! The essence of this probe and as with many of them is to cut their share. Once the minister agrees to settle them their share, they will give her a soft landing. Our leaders have a deep sense of humor; they do this smugly thinking we are foolssmiley Another Farouk saga imminent

You keep playing the cheated victim, I think you have to re-orientate your view of life, nobody owes you a good life...life is simply what we make of it.
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by Cashflow1987: 11:59am On May 03, 2013
DaLover:

m.u.m.u wich rumours? I bet u G.e.j is bleepin this woman if nt how can such b.tch stil remain petroleum minister?
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by ddeola: 12:04pm On May 03, 2013
Na today ! Who dem dey deceive?
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by fkaz(m): 12:12pm On May 03, 2013
From fry pan to fire!
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by blesszzy(m): 12:15pm On May 03, 2013
na every day una dey probe, probe this, probe that and at the end of the day nothing comes out of it.
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by ninja4life(m): 12:54pm On May 03, 2013
This woman na die o see as she wants to break uncle jona's record as being super corrupt.pls guys accept d fact wat a man can do a woman can do better,dis is a real example 59trillion gosh i doff my hat i hope her oga dont interfere with d house of rep by greasing their dirty hands.
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by DaLover(m): 1:48pm On May 03, 2013
Cashflow1987:

m.u.m.u wich rumours? I bet u G.e.j is bleepin this woman if nt how can such b.tch stil remain petroleum minister?

Read what you wrote? and u you are bold enuf to call someone m.u.mu...

Imagin this woman in the same room with your mother, i know you can see your mother shaking with inferioirty complex..

1 Like

Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by revolt(m): 2:17pm On May 03, 2013
Otedola otedeko n the other westerners were feedn fat eerythng was ok, now chop don change hands all of a sudden all hells let loose! May I ask hw she is involved in illegality? She's in charge of giving out leases n can decide through due process who n when they get it. Obviously e no favour the old cabals hausa yoruba oligarchy n she's the devil! Abegy a nu set of billionaires r emergn n tis nt from the old stock let's see hwmany jobs will emerge from these nu billionaires. Gone r the days of MKO awolowo thefnubz otedeko n all ade.. Nu ppl dey emerge! Hypocrites calln her devil like she's nt better than those in the past ie all the NNPC gmdthiefzw
Re: House To Probe Minister Of Petroleum Over “Suspicious Oil Deals” by Parnassuss(m): 2:23pm On May 03, 2013
blesszzy: na every day una dey probe, probe this, probe that and at the end of the day nothing comes out of it.

So them way they probe and you way dey complain, who work pass? sad sad sad

So the eff if Lawan screwed up, does that mean ALL legit probes are to end? Isn't it the House that unearthed the police pension fraud and probed it to fruition? These guys are so much more vibrant and productive than their senate counterpart that I now believe if we are to operate a mono-camera legislative, it should be the senate that should leave.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News:pastor E A Adeboye Gives His Support To Buhari / Pastor Adeboye Trolls Gov. Bello Of Kogi State - See How / "We Want War, Our Head Has Been Killed"- Situation At Fasoranti’s House, Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.