Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,176 members, 7,903,889 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:50 PM

How Do I Stop My Child From Bed-wetting. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Stop My Child From Bed-wetting. (1103 Views)

At 29, She's Still Bed Wetting Please Help Her!!!!! / My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help / Waist Pains Early In The Morning After Getting Up From Bed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop My Child From Bed-wetting. by ISOWE: 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2008
How do i stop my three year old from bedwetting at night?

She takes a lot of water and would cry if I don't give her. But, I'm particularly worried as she could 'pee' up to five times at night if I do not wear her diapers.

Anyone with useful advise?
Re: How Do I Stop My Child From Bed-wetting. by funkybaby(f): 12:14am On Apr 17, 2008
She is just three years old, lol. There is nothing really abnormal about it. Dont worry she will soon outgrow it.

What i can advice is that you give her a limited quantity of water to drink anytime she is thirsty.

You could buy a small cute cup and tell her its her special cup. One drink from the special cup is enough for her.

Also try and wake her up or carry her to pee every 2-3hours at night. You could get a cute alarm clock as well for this. With time she will get conscious of waking up at night.

Do not beat her or scold her oh. Tell her that she is a beautiful child and beautiful kids do not pee on the bed at night.

Also make sure she does not play too much doing the day. It is all the hyperactivity during the day that makes her so so so tired at night.

These were the tricks my mum employed on my baby sis yearssss ago and they worked.

Cheers.
Re: How Do I Stop My Child From Bed-wetting. by Mustay(m): 2:11pm On Apr 17, 2008
good one from funky baby
Re: How Do I Stop My Child From Bed-wetting. by Pury: 8:06am On Apr 18, 2008
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#000099][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]

She is still too young. Some kids stop after one year while others later in life.

Dont punish or scold her. Bed wetting is not a disease. Those who bed wet stops after a certain age

(1) (Reply)

So Sad Atlast, Mrs Maryam Babangida Is Dead! / Are You Suffering From Shortsighted, Longsighted Or Glaucoma: Read This / Autism Is Not Witchcraft – Minister Of Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.