Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,344 members, 7,881,266 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:33 PM

Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London (21507 Views)

Oba Of Lagos Akiolu In The Streets Of London Holding Bread (Photos) / Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London / How Many Nigerians Live Outside Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by RealMccoy2(m): 7:16pm On May 04, 2013
I read the whole thread, so far Shymexx is the only person stating real fact. I was in the UK not too long and was advised by Nigerians over there not to buy stuff in Nigerian own stores using a credit card and to pay by cash.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 04, 2013
eGuerrilla:

You know how it is though with so-called "post-racial" Britain.

UKIP has something to say about "post-racial" Britain with yesterday's gains at the polls... grin
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 04, 2013
coogar:

mixed-race relationships are sweet!
come on - i can boldly say a man has not really lived if he's yet to date across the racial lines. grin

The final frontier, huh?
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Obiagu1(m): 7:17pm On May 04, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Two generations in...and they pass themselves of as the real indigenes (white)

Could be true, after all Ryan Giggs is now White.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

UKIP has something to say about "post-racial" Britain with yesterday's gains at the polls... grin

UKIP's got an ethnic cleansing agenda alright.
I sense that the Black population in Britain may actually shrink as a result of outbound migration - propelled by diminishing returns - over the coming years
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 04, 2013
Real-Mccoy:
I read the whole thread, so far Shymexx is the only person stating real fact. I was in the UK not too long and was advised by Nigerians over there not to buy stuff in Nigerian own stores using a credit card and to pay by cash.

Lmao @ the bolded... grin

There's a naija shop in Walworth called: "John and Biola" or something like that... The only people working for this woman are Asians - that's how naija people operate... grin
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 04, 2013
eGuerrilla:

UKIP's got an ethnic cleansing agenda alright.

That's UK politics and the racism engraved in the system... I honestly don't think they like the way London is and they're about to start forcing people to leave the country in a more subtle way...
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by ManOfThePeople(m): 7:36pm On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

We're just loud and easily noticeable... Places like west midlands have far more Zimbabweans than Nigerians... and Caribbeans dominate everywhere outside London - they probably outnumber Africans by 10 to 1 in most places but you'll never see them making up stupid numbers about their population... Heck, most of them(esp. the rasta's) don't even have their names on anything(voters list, census etc.)..

Wallahi tallahi................we too loud.

Ah ah....how can someome be discussing marital woes, how many containers being shipped from X to Lagos and thousands of £s involved, how his latest connection from Armsterdam is about to fall in line? All these in native language with at least 45% English. And all that at a deafening decibel inside the bus, train, train station, olympic games etc.

It's simply embarrassing. Only about 25% of our people do it but it gives the impression of Naija as loud and uncouth people.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by coogar: 7:41pm On May 04, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

what difference does it make?
the people that advised you are complete bellends. if you suspect any strange transaction in your statement, your bank would refund your money, issue you another card before investigating. you are always at risk using your credit card anywhere on the planet - i had my card details stolen on PSN in 2011.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by RealMccoy2(m): 7:50pm On May 04, 2013
ManOfThePeople: .

Wallahi tallahi................we too loud.

Ah ah....how can someome be discussing marital woes, how many containers being shipped from X to Lagos and thousands of £s involved, how his latest connction from Armsterdam is about to fall in line? All these in native language with at least 45% English. And all that at a deafening decibel inside the bus, train, train station, olympic games etc.

It's simply embarrassing. Only about 25% of our people do it but it gives the impression of Naija as loud and uncouth.
25percent is understatement. I would say 60percent. Nigerians everywhere are notice me. Same as USA
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by RealMccoy2(m): 7:54pm On May 04, 2013
coogar:

what difference does it make?
the people that advised you are complete bellends. if you suspect any strange transaction in your statement, your bank would refund your money, issue you another card before investigating. you are always at risk using your credit card anywhere on the planet - i had my card details stolen on PSN in 2011.
From your statement I doubt your identity have been stolen, do you think it takes a month to get your money back? Some Banks would ask for court document before a refund process is initiated. Some retired Credit card thieves may be on here reading this thread, their honest opinion is welcome
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by coogar: 8:07pm On May 04, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

From your statement I doubt your identity have been stolen, do you think it takes a month to get your money back? Some Banks would ask for court document before a refund process is initiated. Some retired Credit card thieves may be on here reading this thread, their honest opinion is welcome

it takes 2 mins to get the money back.....
the banks know there are risks of unauthorised transaction with bank cards. if you suspect your money has been taken, call your bank and they would cancel your card instantly and you would get the money back. they send out a form to your address and you sign it and the merchant that took the money would refund the bank. it's as easy as that unless you stay in papua new guinea.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by porka: 8:15pm On May 04, 2013
Akshow: London is a second lagos to most Nigerians

Most Nigerians?

That's an outrageous statement.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by RealMccoy2(m): 8:30pm On May 04, 2013
coogar:

the banks know there are risks of unauthorised transaction with bank cards. if you suspect your money has been taken, call your bank and they would cancel your card instantly and you would get the money back. they send out a form to your address and you sign it and the merchant that took the money would refund the bank. it's as easy as that unless you stay in papua new guinea.
If it is that easy to get your stolen money back from the merchant, how come your NAIJA peeps in the UK pop Champaign in clubs and buy luxury cars with stolen information without been detected in a week? Are you sure you don't reside in Lala land where everything is easy?
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by coogar: 8:48pm On May 04, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

If it is that easy to get your stolen money back from the merchant, how come your NAIJA peeps in the UK pop Champaign in clubs and buy luxury cars with stolen information without been detected in a week? Are you sure you don't reside in Lala land where everything is easy?

you are clueless.....
how would the merchant trace the fraudster? a guy used your details to order 3 ipads delivered to an address. merchant got paid and delivered the devices. it later turned out the transaction was fraudulent. the worst the merchant can do is to get the police involved and go to the delivery address......if they don't find the devices there, the case gets closed!

police won't even get involved if the cost if the cost is less than £10k. the cost of conducting the investigation outweighs the crime if its less than £10k so it's between you and your bank and the merchant! this is how it works on the island unless you want to fund the investigation with your own money. cyber-stunts are not considered serious crimes in the UK, it's not a violent crime neither is it drug-peddling.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 04, 2013
coogar:

I don't think it takes 2 mins... The minimum is 3 days.

You have to wait till the transaction appears on your account and the money will be refunded as it's about to leave your account to the merchant's account on the 3rd day... That's the minimum but sometimes it can take up to 3 months or more... Some banks don't even refund the money(esp. Nationwide and Santander) - you'll have to contact those who took the money out to get your money back...
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 04, 2013
Real_mccoy, what's poppington, doozy?
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by coogar: 9:34pm On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

You have to wait till the transaction appears on your account and the money will be refunded as it's about to leave your account to the merchant's account on the 3rd day... That's the minimum but sometimes it can take up to 3 months or more... Some banks don't even refund the money(esp. Nationwide and Santander) - you'll have to contact those who took the money out to get your money back...

that's the point.....
i must have seen the transaction on my statement to detect the fraud in the first place.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by RealMccoy2(m): 9:45pm On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

I doubt that coogar dude has a credit card with a visa logo on it. He argues like a blind Shephard.
Life is good out here in the west coast bruv, its sunny out here in Cali and the girls are out in their Bikini suits
Showing their well shaved butt cracks...I am at the Beach with some pals. How is life in general bruv? I miss dem Jamaican jerk chickens in London.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 04, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

I doubt that coogar dude has a credit card with a visa logo on it. He argues like a blind Shephard.
Life is good out here in the west coast bruv, its sunny out here in Cali and the girls are out in their Bikini suits
Showing their well shaved butt cracks...I am at the Beach with some pals. How is life in general bruv? I miss dem Jamaican jerk chickens in London.

Damn!! That's a lot of enjoyment for you, fam... I hope you ain't grabbing 'em overly round and jiggling batty, bruddah? grin grin There's nothing better than jamming at the beach - I need a holiday asap!

Life's good, just studying the science and mathematics behind it - and chasing that paper... Jerk chicken is the ish, I need to jump back on JA food...
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by coogar: 9:53pm On May 04, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

i was using a credit card way before you were busy beating your competition in the fallopian tube. only an unexposed village heifer like yourself would be scared to use your card anywhere in the UK. the card issuers know there are risks and they set money aside to take care of such contingencies.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Afam4eva(m): 10:07pm On May 04, 2013
Obiagu1:

Could be true, after all Ryan Giggs is now White.
Is Ryan Giggs mixed race

1 Like

Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
Is Ryan Giggs mixed race

yeah - half or quarter Sierra Leonean...
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Afam4eva(m): 10:22pm On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

yeah - half or quarter Sierra Leonean...
Wow! He looks totally white. How's it even possible. This was how i felt when i was told 7 years ago that Maria Carey was black with an Irish mother. I didn't see anything black about her then.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by coogar: 10:25pm On May 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
Wow! He looks totally white. How's it even possible. This was how i felt when i was told 7 years ago that Maria Carey was black with an Irish mother. I didn't see anything black about her then.

open your eyes, afam!!!
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 04, 2013
Afam4eva:

There are tons of people out there who are like that...

Just like the guy(Klay Thompson NBA player) in the pic below:

Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Afam4eva(m): 10:29pm On May 04, 2013
coogar:

open your eyes, afam!!!
It's just now that i'm realizing that he doesn't actually look as white as other whites. But i don't anybody that had a drop of black blood was classified as black. Why is his own different.

Btw, how about the black Britons. How come no one talks about them. Is their population even as much as that of Nigerians in the UK? They seem to have been swallowed by the population of other blacks.

1 Like

Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by coogar: 10:33pm On May 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's just now that i'm realizing that he doesn't actually look as white as other whites. But i don't anybody that had a drop of black blood was classified as black. Why is his own different.

a drop of black blood means not white.

Btw, how about the black Britons. How come no one talks about them. Is their population even as much as that of Nigerians in the UK? They seem to have been swallowed by the population of other blacks.

you mean no one talks about danny welbeck, daniel sturridge, lennox lewis, linford christie or idris elba?
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 04, 2013
Afam4eva:

The REAL black britons have turned white... grin

So, every black person born/raised in the UK is classified as a black briton...
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Afam4eva(m): 10:43pm On May 04, 2013
coogar:

a drop of black blood means not white.

you mean no one talks about danny welbeck, daniel sturridge, lennox lewis, linford christie or idris elba?
I don't mean immigrants. I mean the equivalent of African Americans in the UK. Welbeck is from Ghana and Idris Elba is from Liberia or Sierra leone.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 04, 2013
Afam - this will help you out:

- The first black britons
Black British was also an identity of Black people in Sierra Leone (known as the Krio) who considered themselves British. They are generally the descendants of black people who lived in England in the 18th century and freed Black American slaves who fought for the Crown in the American Revolutionary War (see also Black Loyalists). In 1787, hundreds of London's Black poor (a category which included the East Indian seamen known as lascars) agreed to go to this West African country on the condition that they would retain the status of British subjects, to live in freedom under the protection of the British Crown and be defended by the Royal Navy. Making this fresh start with them were many white people, including lovers, wives, and widows of the black men.

- The new black britons
The term has been used from the 1950s to refer to Black people from former British colonies in the West Indies (i.e., the New Commonwealth) and Africa, who are residents of the United Kingdom and consider themselves British. Others are also from former French-speaking colonies in Africa such as Senegal and the Democratic Republic of the Congo (which was Belgian), and many Black Africans in Britain speak French as well as their own native languages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_British

And for this generation - every black person born/raised in the UK is a black briton... It's all inclusive for everyone...
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Afam4eva(m): 10:52pm On May 04, 2013
I understand that every black person domiciled in Britain is refered to as a Black Briton. But what of those that were taken as slaved(like African Americans) and never returned. Were Naomi campbell's family for example emigrate to Britain voluntarily or they were taken as slaves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023: Why Zoning May Not Work In APC – Ganduje / Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation / Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.