Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,482 members, 7,901,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:55 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (834885 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by iykedare(m): 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
solomonwis:

Yes you can send your highest educational qualification for evaluation. You don't necessarily have to send your OND qualification. As a matter of fact,the higher your educational qualification,the higher your score points under education.

By this you mean that I can just send my pgd and leave out the Hnd since my highest educational qualification is the pgd?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 4:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
damkollins:
It's quite acceptable to update your status after you must have passed the application stage.
Update of status to include marriage,new born baby,divorce,change of jobs and so on are acceptable.
The local visa office in Accra can always be contacted to update your status with necessary supporting documents as evidence of change.
Marriage status supporting documents will include legal marriage certificate document,update of generic form,update of background information forms and additional information forms,you will need to pay processing free charges of 550CAD for a new spouse or 150CAD for a new baby,passport photographs,biodata page,PCC and so on.
If you have plans for marriage in the coming months,this should not delay your application package submission now as you can always add them to your status later on as you progresses.
Cheers.

Thank you so much for this piece. You rock!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 5:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
technolee: @Meritl, I have seen your reason for asking whether you should include your girlfriend or not in your application as a common-law partner. I saw same and won't want to complicate my application for now. @Solomon and ferdi, is it possible to update my officer later of a marriage after having considered my application? I count on you guys after God. Happy sunday

That's correct Technolee. She'll write her IELTS on August 16th. I'll still give it a shot.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
iykedare:

By this you mean that I can just send my pgd and leave out the Hnd since my highest educational qualification is the pgd?

Yes,for now as you don't have as much time on your side.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
damkollins:
It's quite acceptable to update your status after you must have passed the application stage.
Update of status to include marriage,new born baby,divorce,change of jobs and so on are acceptable.
The local visa office in Accra can always be contacted to update your status with necessary supporting documents as evidence of change.
Marriage status supporting documents will include legal marriage certificate document,update of generic form,update of background information forms and additional information forms,you will need to pay processing free charges of 550CAD for a new spouse or 150CAD for a new baby,passport photographs,biodata page,PCC and so on.
If you have plans for marriage in the coming months,this should not delay your application package submission now as you can always add them to your status later on as you progresses.
Cheers.

That's correct Technolee. She'll write her IELTS on August 16th. I'll still give it a shot.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 7:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
House, I have 6 document in a language other than English and French. What are the requirements for translating document to English Language? Can anyone apart from family members translate it? Must be translator be Certified? This is because I have friends who can translate the document correctly but they are not Certified Translators.
Kindly advise!!!

Below is the excerpt from CIC website on translation.

Translation of documents

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the original document.
Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

Important information. Translations by family members are not acceptable.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
ANBAKO: House, I have 6 document in a language other than English and French. What are the requirements for translating document to English Language? Can anyone apart from family members translate it? Must be translator be Certified? This is because I have friends who can translate the document correctly but they are not Certified Translators.
Kindly advise!!!

Below is the excerpt from CIC website on translation.

Translation of documents

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the original document.
Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

Important information. Translations by family members are not acceptable.

Please go to ikeja (if you are in Lagos).There are translators around ikeja high court who would also notarize the translated documents for a fee.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
ferdimako:
All will be loaded in no time! Check back early evening today.

Thanks a lot Ferdimako.
God Bless.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 9:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
@house, filling my forms now. Please, which immigration office is requested for the processing of our application? Is it Accra, Ghana or what??
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
technolee: @house, filling my forms now. Please, which immigration office is requested for the processing of our application? Is it Accra, Ghana or what??

If your country of permanent residence is Nigeria, then the answer is Accra Ghana.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
ANBAKO:

If your country of permanent residence is Nigeria, then the answer is Accra Ghana.
Good man. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 2:07am On Jul 07, 2014
House, I ran into a lil' confusion per form IMM5996E. Do I and my spouse need to complete separate forms? or do we jointly need to complete a form?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:42am On Jul 07, 2014
ANBAKO: House, I ran into a lil' confusion per form IMM5996E. Do I and my spouse need to complete separate forms? or do we jointly need to complete a form?

Separate forms,one for each.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 8:41am On Jul 07, 2014
ANBAKO: House, I ran into a lil' confusion per form IMM5996E. Do I and my spouse need to complete separate forms? or do we jointly need to complete a form?

I think you can use the " documents checklist " to know who and who is to fill a form. Otherwise, you can always ask for the help of our gurus.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by queen47: 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
ferdimako:
If u used that BOMB...appeal. Ur problem is d timing...since Writing is not objective..
u are good. The guy that sent me d BOMB did appeal after seeing 7.0 & got 8.0 after.

Please can you help me with the material you just talked about. I already did IELTS and got L-6, W-6.5, R-6, S-7.5. I was aiming for Minimum of 7 in each part so I can get the 24points since I am single and need all the points necessary to make me qualify.

My email address is .

Please, if you also have materials for the academic version, can you kindly forward that aswell as I would be needing it too and I would need to score a minimum of 7 in each part.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
queen47:

Please can you help me with the material you just talked about. I already did IELTS and got L-6, W-6.5, R-6, S-7.5. I was aiming for Minimum of 7 in each part so I can get the 24points since I am single and need all the points necessary to make me qualify.

My email address is beautiful_soul908.

Please, if you also have materials for the academic version, can you kindly forward that aswell as I would be needing it too and I would need to score a minimum of 7 in each part.

Thanks
To get max of listening u must get 8. Ur e-mail addy is not complete. Hitch a bro! Y are we all single?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by queen47: 5:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
ferdimako:
To get max of listening u must get 8. Ur e-mail addy is not complete. Hitch a bro! Y are we all single?

Sorry, please, add @yahoo.com.

Lol@hitch a bro.

NB, please modify your post so you can delete the address.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
UPDATE!!!

Total received toward the overall cap: 505 of 25,000

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tunnath: 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
Pls I'm an undergraduate,can I still apply for it,I only have o'level cert, never finish uni. Hope I cn still apply and for hw long will the processing be?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 7:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
tunnath: Pls I'm an undergraduate,can I still apply for it,I only have o'level cert, never finish uni. Hope I cn still apply and for hw long will the processing be?

You need work experience, which is a very good source of marks. Also, you will be only getting 5 marks from Education section which is very very critical.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tunnath: 7:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
And is there any fees for the registration?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Slya: 7:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ferdimako,

Could you also Pleasssssse kindly send "BOMB" to me on amadisylvanus@yahoo.com Many thanks!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
tunnath: And is there any fees for the registration?
Read d thread. If u haven't worked...u are not qualified. To reach d benchmark may be hard with O'level and limited number of work years.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
solomonwis: UPDATE!!!

Total received toward the overall cap: 505 of 25,000

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
So little...IELTS issues or no more canny interest?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
queen47:

Sorry, please, add @yahoo.com.

Lol@hitch a bro.

NB, please modify your post so you can delete the address.

Thanks
I don't follow...materials sent though.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
ferdimako:
So little...IELTS issues or no more canny interest?

Of course applications received are much more than this. There are many unprocessed applications.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
solomonwis:

Please go to ikeja (if you are in Lagos).There are translators around ikeja high court who would also notarize the translated documents for a fee.

Solo, Thanks for your response above but unfortunately this has not answered my question.
What is the format for translation?
Does it require official stamp, signature, address, contact details of translator?
Does it require copy of translator's certification?
Who can translate the certificate? Certified translator or any competent person (with sworn affidavit)?
Do I need to notarize it? or just an affidavit will do?

The reason why I am asking these questions is because i want to save some money on translation (close to 50k) and it is only possible if what is required is just a translation from a competent person (schoolmates/friends)with sworn affidavit.

I need serious enlightenment on this.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
ANBAKO:

Solo, Thanks for your response above but unfortunately this has not answered my question.
What is the format for translation?
Does it require official stamp, signature, address, contact details of translator?
Does it require copy of translator's certification?
Who can translate the certificate? Certified translator or any competent person (with sworn affidavit)?
Do I need to notarize it? or just an affidavit will do?

The reason why I am asking these questions is because i want to save some money on translation (close to 50k) and it is only possible if what is required is just a translation from a competent person (schoolmates/friends)with sworn affidavit.

I need serious enlightenment on this.

I don't have experience in translation of documents except of course with those embassies who have official translators in Nigeria but I do know there are official translators around Ikeja high court in Lagos.

Maybe others in the thread can help out. You can also read up on the threads relating to this on NL (Germany,Ukraine,Norway,etc).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by folaonhigh(m): 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
Pls this noc 6411 sales and account representatives-wholesale trade(non tecnical) is it going to be availiable next year? And this is my job description preseller. Should it be related to sales rep for to be accepted?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
solomonwis:

Of course applications received are much more than this. There are many unprocessed applications.

Please let it be at this rate o!!!!!! People like us still dae arrange documents;most especially now that Oga Solomonwis has said I should get married to my babe.
Thank God o, while I gather my partners doc. Her IELTS is for August 16th.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
folaonhigh: Pls this noc 6411 sales and account representatives-wholesale trade(non tecnical) is it going to be availiable next year? And this is my job description preseller. Should it be related to sales rep for to be accepted?

No one can say precisely if your occupation will be listed next year as listed occupations are determined by a number of factors,the most important determinant which is the need for skilled worker in that field in Canada.

Also note that there will be an introduction of a new system called "Express Entry" similar to what you have with the Australian immigration system from January 2015.

The main duties of your occupation is listed here http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=6411
You can read through to understand what your work reference should include if you work in that field and have the experience as stated/listed.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
Meritl:

Please let it be at this rate o!!!!!! People like us still dae arrange documents;most especially now that Oga Solomonwis has said I should get married to my babe.
Thank God o, while I gather my partners doc. Her IELTS is for August 16th.

cheesy cheesy

I am positive you will meet the deadline if your occupation is not listed as one of the below:

1. 1112 Financial and investment analysts

2. 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (322)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.