Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,685 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:16 AM

Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash (43806 Views)

Rumble In Mike Adenuga’s Globacom / Massive Recruitment For Academic Staff At Osun State University / Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by Akbee(m): 1:55am On May 05, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] mr mike was simply gloing with PRIDE.
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by Akbee(m): 1:55am On May 05, 2013
mr mike was simply gloing with PRIDE.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by yuzedo: 1:58am On May 05, 2013
denzel2009: They should have a provided bouncy castle..maybe he would have stayed back.
Lmao! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by druid06(m): 2:03am On May 05, 2013
So he was born on May 3rd which makes him a Taurus. I am a Taurus too and we do have the same traits and similarities all over the world. The bad traits are;

We're Stubborn

We're weird

We like to remain an Enigma

We like the comfort and privacy of our own home

Most Taurus are anti-social

We don't like surprises, we're not good at handling stuffs like that.

We're generally shy people.

Very uncomfortable in a large gathering

We are prone to voilent outburst and anger

Some Taureans don't forgive especially those born in a cusp.

I don't go to church neither do I go parties because I don't feel comfortable in large gatherings. If it was a surprise party from his family and those close to him, it would have been different. Someone is definitely going to pay for this by getting fired I am sure. If it was me, I would feel the same way too.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by Rexnegro(m): 2:29am On May 05, 2013
At least at all at all na him bad pass....he should have just stay and say sometin for a min or two.....well all d same he knows why.
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by AMvanquish: 2:35am On May 05, 2013
. undecidedWell I would have surely done the same, but maybe after sum few minutes of exchanging hi's, hello's and thank you's.. Some of us don't like crowds and large gatherings we did not schedule for. Different strokes for different folks.
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by braine(m): 2:50am On May 05, 2013
druid06: So he was born on May 3rd which makes him a Taurus. I am a Taurus too and we do have the same traits and similarities all over the world. The bad traits are;

We're Stubborn

We're weird

I don't go to church neither do I go parties because I don't feel comfortable in large gatherings. If it was a surprise party from his family and those close to him, it would have been different. Someone is definitely going to pay for this by getting fired I am sure. If it was me, I would feel the same way too.

Cool story jare. I'm Taurus but I don't do these. You can't just categorize people anyow; we are different…

He has no excuse to walk out on his staff like that. They were happy to see and celebrate him but I guess he didn't feel the same about them. Now I'm concluding that his workers are more-or-less worth less to him. angry

If I were to to be a top person in that gatheringn I'd make sure he receives no celebration or greeting of any sort from any staff in subsequent years.

The pride is just too much.

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by SisiKill1: 2:56am On May 05, 2013
Awww....Guess Babangida wasn't there.

Yeah. . .who can blame him for throwing a hissy fit, how do you celebrate a monumental event in someone's life without inviting the people they cherish?

Epic Fail!!!!!
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by Nobody: 3:36am On May 05, 2013
Walked out like a bawss grin

Wait a minute..........he is a bawss tongue

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by romanlaw(m): 3:36am On May 05, 2013
Obviously most people defending this inhumane act are yorubas, as we are used to them dfending Tinubu, Fashola, Lagos State even when glaring that they guffed. 'V got a girl that work in Glo and for ages she have bin singing how Arogant and proud this Adenuga of a man is. I think that just the difference between him and Dangote . Dangote is very humble and down to earth.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by Ayoobscom(m): 3:41am On May 05, 2013
To business men feasting is not regale but lousiness and idleness

He was probably like, these guys are not serious o

Not d noise but agenda
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by livingstoneony(m): 3:43am On May 05, 2013
SpadesWired: [img]http://1.bp..com/-y7U9kfGCzmI/UYTZ6fiwUWI/AAAAAAABqCo/4BvCyJfqqjs/s1600/1901-Mike-Adenuga.jpg[/img]This happened last night Friday May 3rd at Mike Adenuga Tower on Adeola Odeku street in Victoria Island. Hundreds of staff of telecoms giant Globacom gathered at the lounge situated on the ground floor of the office building to celebrate with their chairman after a text message was passed round the office on Thursday afternoon inviting staff to a birthday bash with him. Mike Adenuga turned 60 on Monday April 29th.

Okey Bakassi was there as the MC, the DJ was already playing music, drinks passed round while people waited for the billionaire businessman to arrive. Mike Adenuga eventually showed up in his Range Rover bullet proof SUV around 8pm. He graciously greeted people at the entrance of the lounge but stopped in his tracks as people started cheering loudly as he entered the lounge.

The haling was so loud and probably too much for Adenuga that he immediately turned around and left the lounge. He got into his car and left with his security detail. He never came back.

Glo staff waited for a few hours and eventually left when they realized their chairman was not coming back. Lesson learnt: Mike Adenuga doesn't appreciate unnecessary famzing :-)

More Here: http://ning.it/114YLU3
glo with PRIDE.# datsall

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by rhymz(m): 3:52am On May 05, 2013
That man has always had oversized Egos and considers himself a God. How much is he worth sef that makes him acts so irrationally and erratic, nothing is as annoying as a boss with an overdozed pride, always finding a need to remind you of his status. No wonder Glo is the worst communication company to work for, we have all heard stories of how this eeediot summarily dismisses and sack people at will without any serious or cogent reasons. His presence inspires fear instead of admirations, no wonder his staff are trying hard to get please him, the man must think of himself as a God. . . Scheee! By the way, the man is not realy some havard drop-out smart arss nerd like Gates and co who built real wealth from the inventions of their smarts, Adenuga is just your typical Nigerian politico/business person that got a big break and support from his connections in politics, nothing realy spectacular about their wealth. He aint no gates or Steven jobs, he is got cash and pays some real smart arss to get jobs done for him. . No need to eaggerate the man's mental abilities.

8 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by adelaja70(m): 3:56am On May 05, 2013
rhymz: That man has always had oversized Egos and considers himself a God. How much is he worth sef that makes him acts so irrationally and erratic, nothing is as annoying as a boss with an overdozed pride, always finding a need to remind you of his status. No wonder Glo is the worst communication company to work for, we have all heard stories of how this eeediot summarily dismisses and sack people at will without any serious or cogent reasons. His presence inspires fear instead of admirations, no wonder his staff are trying hard to get please him, the man must think of himself as a God. . . Scheee! By the way, the man is not realy some havard drop-out smart arss nerd like Gates and co who built real wealth from the inventions of their smarts, Adenuga is just your typical Nigerian politico/business person that got a big break and support from his connections in politics, nothing realy spectacular about their wealth. He aint no gates or Steven jobs, he is got cash and pays some real smart arss to get jobs done for him. . No need to eaggerate the man's mental abilities.
You don chop?....

13 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by miqos02(m): 4:48am On May 05, 2013
what can i say
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by freecocoa(f): 4:48am On May 05, 2013
That was really rude, a simple speech of 2 minutes or even a wave of hands would have been nice instead of just walking out.

And some people sef, why organize a birthday party for a someone you know has ego issues especially since they obviously don't even know what he likes?

Surprise birthday parties are for people wey no get money wey go truly appreciate the gesture.

Well a surprise party it was, it turned out really surprising.cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by scobaba: 5:03am On May 05, 2013
druid06: So he was born on May 3rd which makes him a Taurus. I am a Taurus too and we do have the same traits and similarities all over the world. The bad traits are;

We're Stubborn

We're weird

Pally, all ds tyns u just mentioned for TAURUS people are spiritual problems unique to only u and adenuga.

I'm taurus, infact, d last man standing(May 20th).

I pray say I shy, hate gatherings,anti-social and don't go to church...una 2 na illuminati, not TAURUS. Lwkm.
na play o. B4 some sick adenuga shit brain fans begin talk...2day na sunday.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by ozodigboo(m): 5:12am On May 05, 2013

We're Stubborn

We're weird

Point of correction - he was NOT born on May 3.
He was born April 29, but his staff chose May 3, as the earliest convenient date to organize the bash.
Read the article again. Thanks
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by tspun(m): 5:31am On May 05, 2013
may b one babe day hotel day wait for am.
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by adora4u1: 5:41am On May 05, 2013
GLO WITH PRIDE!
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by kolamilan(m): 5:43am On May 05, 2013
Business men doesn't waste there precious time on irrelevant schedule may be that was the reason, not like GEJ attending kennis radio station launching.

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by luluosas(m): 6:03am On May 05, 2013
I waited in VAIN to see a thread on the front page about Happy Birthday To Adenuga but, none came. Why therefore is this useless news about how he behaved during his birthday making the front page?
However, if it was our useless Celebrities dressing half naked with their demon looking outfit that was celebrating their birthdays, Nairaland home page will be flooded birthday wishes and messages.

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by Nobody: 6:08am On May 05, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Awww....Guess Babangida wasn't there.

Yeah. . .who can blame him for throwing a hissy fit, how do you celebrate a monumental event in someone's life without inviting the people they cherish?

Epic Fail!!!!!

Someone's getting fired!
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by GeneralJ(m): 6:20am On May 05, 2013
REALITY101: [img]http://74.91.19.186/attachments/1093235_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687[/img]
I see u, dey take style dey steal my pic grin grin grin
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by anonimi: 6:23am On May 05, 2013
romanlaw: Obviously most people defending this inhumane act are yorubas, as we are used to them dfending Tinubu, Fashola, Lagos State even when glaring that they guffed. 'V got a girl that work in Glo and for ages she have bin singing how Arogant and proud this Adenuga of a man is. I think that just the difference between him and Dangote . Dangote is very humble and down to earth.

Must you descend so low by going TRIBAL on this issue without knowing the people making comments?
Must you always believe everyone is like you are, an ethnic BIGOT ready to display his badge at the slightest opportunity?

Was your girl obliged to work in Glo "for ages"? Probably because she did not have ENOUGH SKILLS to move on despite the "arrogance & pride" of Adenuga.

[size=13pt]LESSON LEARNT:
It is necessary to understand what someone wants BEFORE you embark on doing something for him that will land you in trouble rather than praise!!!
[/size]

Dangote is who he is and Adenuga is who he is.
Why must you expect everyone to be the same? How boring life would be!
That is why you are expecting everyone to be an ETHNIC BIGOT just like you, right

9 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by Nobody: 6:26am On May 05, 2013
tellwisdom: I dont like noise too sad
what's our own business with that

2 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by lekkie073(m): 6:28am On May 05, 2013
Pride is an instrument Dats supposed to be used by a lower class being to achieve an elevated status. Humility on the other hand is used by a higher class being to descend to a lower status. A king should always remain humble in his kingship while a slave should take pride in being a slave. That way, the two will last long. King Arthur and merlin fits d illustration better.
The lesson of my Sunday sermon is dat when u find yourself above others, pride she be thrown into d ocean cos it will only increase d gap. But rather, practice humility which will decrease the gap and make for better cohabitation. And u r a fool if my sermon looks jargon to u angry

2 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by MillionDollars: 6:32am On May 05, 2013
which one is lesson learnt now o!!
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by victorv12(m): 6:33am On May 05, 2013
Local staff and telecom!!
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by presh2mos: 6:43am On May 05, 2013
That Was an absolute disregard to his staff. Shy or introvert is no excuse, yes though it was a surprise bash why nt jst enter d room, stay a little and then leave. It atleast shows little appreciation and regard. That was pride engulf wit a huge arrogance joor.

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by bankyblue(m): 6:44am On May 05, 2013
Them won set trap for the man, but God pass them......birthday kon, birthday ni

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by normaljenny(m): 6:47am On May 05, 2013
grin grin ;DThere must be another reason that made him never showed up again. But come to think of it, if any glo staff that feels insulted, he or she should simply resign.

Do you ever desire to own a swiss account without leaving your home country or spending those dollars? Download at www.conizebooks.instabuck.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Gombe Over Buhari's Rejection Of Peace Corps Bill / Tension As Boulos Sacks 70 Workers / Guys, Never Look This Way If You Want To Keep Your Job In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.