Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:55 AM

Is Tattooing The Body Evil In Nigeria? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Tattooing The Body Evil In Nigeria? (2252 Views)

Iwu: The Body Markings Of The Edo People. / Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards / Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Tattooing The Body Evil In Nigeria? by intrepid: 3:08pm On May 04, 2013
What actually is the issue with tattoos?.I think there is just much ado about tattoos especially in Nigeria here.Much is said about people who have tattoo on their body and usually we are made to see them as evil or somehow anti-social, esoteric or weird....

But i recall vividly that when i was in primary school we used to tattoo our bodies with some plant juice in the night to see the clear marks in the morning.I believe that back there in some Nigerian villages,children still do it for the same fun and pleasure it gives.

i don't know the botanical name of that fruit we used then, but it was broken and a little speck or feather is used to dip in the fluid and used to make some marks on the body.it usually appeared colorless but on waking up in the morning,the beautiful designs showed on the skin.

In Igbo language it is called ''ULI''.Sometime in the past it was also used to design brides as they prepared for marriage ceremony.The marks disappeared after some days.

Nowadays,tattoos have taken a different dimensions and the chemicals used are of a more permanent consistency.My question is:..What really is wrong with tattooing that make people to write off guys or babes with tattoos?Is tattoo evil or what?Please people what do you think?

(1) (Reply)

Street Fighting: Violent Culture : Extreme Ratchetness / Hey Macof, Metaphysics, 9ja Crip / Akokwa, Uzii, Arondi Izuogu, Uruala: Come In & Hook Up Dis Yuletide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.