Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,856 members, 7,938,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:34 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (308307 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peter2010(m): 9:14am On Aug 08, 2008
It is just a certificate course in a prominent college in london. Pls I just want to know if there can be any better outcome in the reapplication because already he was given a right of appeal which I don't want him to follow because it takes ages.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2008
Appeals don't stay long as before again.
With 3 months an appeal could be done with.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lopelope: 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2008
vvvjustice:

Is it just economical, i smell some dishonesty, though

vvvjustice,you are somebody i respect through your post.I was never dishonest in anyway,just that i should have clear myself b y appealling and now i want to join my spouse.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2008
lopelope:

vvvjustice,you are somebody i respect through your post.I was never dishonest in anyway,just that i should have clear myself b y appealling and now i want to join my spouse.
   Pardon me for that remark, and thanks for your polite respond. But you didn't open up or give comprehensive details of the case, so, it would be difficult to advice or suggest solutions.
   However, like Brownbonno stated, your case is somehow similar to that of tolapo's. Read though pages 26 (from post #815) to 28, i suppose the contents will concern you, and if anything else, feel free to state it here. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by megastu(m): 4:03pm On Aug 08, 2008
In other not to create a new thread, i decided to post it here. Guys please i need your comment on Section 320 Immigration Rules. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 4:59pm On Aug 08, 2008
megastu:

In other not to create a new thread, i decided to post it here. Guys please i need your comment on Section 320 Immigration Rules. Thanks

This is another goose chase.Try and be specific as it relate your circumstance.Para 320 is in 1-20 parts that set out -Refusal of entry clearance or leave to enter the United Kingdom
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 11:41pm On Aug 08, 2008
@Tony Tone!

Congratulabia o jare grin grin grin!Your visa has been approved and make sure you keep that white paper judiciously oooo till the date given you and when that date comes walk down to their office to clooect your money visa I mean grin grin!Iya Charly is waiting for you!

Ikagold
Incagold!
Were nwayo ooooo!Leave matter for matthias ooooo!Just face your advice on nairaland and leave Ty4real alone ooooo grin grin
I have not been responding all this while because I am a good student who wants to learn from your kind!Nairaland is big enough for you to to join the fraternity oooooo!Abi wetin be the thing wey una dey call am fraternity or cult or waeva u name it! wink wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by megastu(m): 8:43pm On Aug 09, 2008
I mean SECTION 320 (7)(A)(B) AND (C)

Refusal due to deception, fake documents and the subsequent ban. What are the concessions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2008
peter2010:

It is just a certificate course in a prominent college in london. Please I just want to know if there can be any better outcome in the reapplication because already he was given a right of appeal which I don't want him to follow because it takes ages.

1. Appeal if it is not too late. From July 2008, students have been stripped of their right to appeal, they can only request for one administrative review fron the UK Border Agency.

2. Appeal and reapply.

3. The chances of you being turned down for a certificate course is very very very high. If you apply for the certificate course only, your course is only gonna last for six months to a maximum of one year, so to get round this, endeavour to pay the deposit for the Certificate, as well as the deposit for the Diploma and the Advanced/Higher Diploma. Paying the school, part or all of the certificate fee, then around £500 for the diploma and £500 for the Advanced Diploma would enable the school to give you an acceptance letter with a minimum validity of two years.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ennypj: 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2008
I have change my institution b/4 can i change again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 8:13am On Aug 10, 2008
megastu:

I mean SECTION 320 (7)(A)(B) AND (C)

Refusal due to deception, fake documents and the subsequent ban. What are the concessions.

Para 320(7)(a) and (b) are very explicit-

(7A) where false representations have been made or false documents have been submitted (whether or not material to the application, and whether or not to the applicant's knowledge), or material facts have not been disclosed, in relation to the application.

(7B) subject to paragraph 320(7C), where the applicant has previously breached the UK's immigration laws by:

(a) Overstaying;

(b) breaching a condition attached to his leave;

(c) being an Illegal Entrant;

(d) using Deception in an application for entry clearance, leave to enter or remain (whether successful or not);

unless the applicant:

(i) Overstayed for 28 days or less and left the UK voluntarily, not at the expense (directly or indirectly) of the Secretary of State;

(ii) used Deception in an application for entry clearance more than 10 years ago;

(iii) left the UK voluntarily, not at the expense (directly or indirectly) of the Secretary of State, more than 12 months ago;

(iv) left the UK voluntarily, at the expense (directly or indirectly) of the Secretary of State, more than 5 years ago, or

(v) was removed or deported from the UK more than 10 years ago.

Where more than one breach of the UK's immigration laws has occurred, only the breach which leads to the longest period of absence from the UK will be relevant under this paragraph.

The consequences/ban are-

One year if you leave voluntarily, without our having to pay or contribute to the
cost of your departure;
• five years if you leave voluntarily at the Government’s expense;
• ten years if we remove or deport you.

The concessions are stated in (7)(c)

(7C) Paragraph 320(7B) shall not apply in the following circumstances:

(a) where the applicant is applying as:

(i) a spouse, civil partner or unmarried or same-sex partner under
paragraphs 281 or 295A,

(ii) a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner under paragraph 290,

(iii) a parent, grandparent or other dependent relative under paragraph 317,

(iv) a person exercising rights of access to a child under paragraph 246, or

(v) a spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a refugee or person with Humanitarian Protection under paragraphs 352A, 352AA, 352FA or 352FD; or

(b) where the individual was under the age of 18 at the time of his most recent breach of the UK's immigration laws.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2008
Ennypj:

I have change my institution b/4 can i change again?

Was this before or after the visa was issued? Feel free to make yourself clearer.

The worldNairaland is your oyster and the travel advisers don't bite, well at least most of them don't cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rurffy: 8:45am On Aug 11, 2008
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]hello room i am using by uncle as my sponsor for student visa .

my question is :what document can i bring to really show that he is my uncle .and what would the reson for him sponsoring me be.
i dont have any pictures my uncle and i . pls treat as urgent i really need ur ideas, just send me a reply pls
[/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 9:51am On Aug 11, 2008
rurffy:

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]hello room i am using by uncle as my sponsor for student visa .

my question is :what document can i bring to really show that he is my uncle .and what would the reson for him sponsoring me be.
i don't have any pictures my uncle and i . please treat as urgent i really need your ideas, just send me a reply please
[/size][/size][/size][/size]

If indeed he's your uncle, then he must have the same sur-name with you, and if he's from your mother side, he should have same family/nee name as your mother; so, a corresponding document showing his surname is enough evidence that he's your uncle since you're also required to fill in your mother's (maiden) surname which will correspond with that of your uncle.
   As for the reason for his sponsorship, that's up to you and your uncle; it's the same thing as asking someone to advice you on the reason YOU have a mobile phone or the reason YOU eat food smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by megastu(m): 10:10am On Aug 11, 2008
@brownbonno,

How about Liam Bryne MP's statement that " i can however, confirm that we will not use paragraph 320(7)(b) to refuse someone for a past breach of our immigration laws, if subsequent to that breach, we granted leave to enter or remain" For example, someone who did not disclose an information, later disclosed that same information, and was denied for not disclosing the information previously, and was subsequently granted leave to enter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 10:36am On Aug 11, 2008
@megastu,
your last question is answered in my previous post.See below

The concessions are stated in (7)(c)

(7C) Paragraph 320(7B) shall not apply in the following circumstances:

(a) where the applicant is applying as:

(i) a spouse, civil partner or unmarried or same-sex partner under
paragraphs 281 or 295A,

(ii) a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner under paragraph 290,

(iii) a parent, grandparent or other dependent relative under paragraph 317,

(iv) a person exercising rights of access to a child under paragraph 246, or

(v) a spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a refugee or person with Humanitarian Protection under paragraphs 352A, 352AA, 352FA or 352FD; or

(b) where the individual was under the age of 18 at the time of his most recent breach of the UK's immigration laws.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 11:35am On Aug 11, 2008
@ty4fakety4real!
ty4real:

Ikagold[/s]Incagold!
Were nwayo ooooo!Leave matter for matthias ooooo!Just face your advice on nairaland and leave Ty4real alone ooooo grin grin
I have not been responding all this while because I am a good student who wants to learn from your kind!Nairaland is big enough for you to to join the fraternity oooooo!Abi wetin be the thing wey una dey call am fraternity or cult or waeva u name it! wink wink
I guess you're up to something again. I just dont like people taking the piss, that's all. Have a nice day
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by femigirl(f): 11:58am On Aug 11, 2008
Visa Gurus, i have two  questions,  one of  my  family friend  members i am sponsoring  was  decline a  visting visa. But  it  really strange  because  she only went into  the office  to  enquire why she  had  not  heard anything after  20 days. She  was  given the passport  back and  said  declined. I have never  received a call fromm any ECO and  no paper work.There  was  no  interview, is this correct?

if  this  is  correct, can  she  appeal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 2:27pm On Aug 11, 2008
femigirl:

Visa Gurus, i have two  questions,  one of  my  family friend  members i am sponsoring  was  decline a  visting visa. But  it  really strange  because  she only went into  the office  to  enquire why she  had  not  heard anything after  20 days. She  was  given the passport  back and  said  declined. I have never  received a call fromm any ECO and  no paper work.There  was  no  interview, is this correct?

if  this  is  correct, can  she  appeal
   YES, this is correct. Interview is only necessary when the Visa Officer is not able to assess a visa application and reach a decision; in such instance, the Officer might call for an interview. But in a situation whereby the Officer is able to assess a visa application, a decision could be taken (even instantly) without interview.
   If she's given the rights of appeal, then she can, but in other instances, i'm afraid she can't appeal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 3:29pm On Aug 11, 2008
@rufty

Proving family ties is a complex situation, as explained by vvjustice you must share the same surname either maternal or paternal side.

Supporting documents your uncle can use are depending on his present job.
Is he self employed or employed?
Does he have a business, landed property?
Investments or other means of income, those could detrmine the kind of documents to be used.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beejay1(m): 4:53pm On Aug 11, 2008
grin grin ;DHiii
My visa application was successful.applied on the 11th of july, and got a feedback on the 7th of august. Much love and tanks to God first, and 2 you guyzzz for all the info.
Just one advice for all those that want to apply, please try and pay the tution.I know it is not compulsory, but i can say that dis will help a long way in arriving at a positive conclusion on your application. No document is too small to take along.
Tkia and God bless. wink wink wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 5:53pm On Aug 11, 2008
@vikiviko and vvvjustice,
out of curiousity what if the poster's uncle bears a different last name (like in my immediate family we bear our dad's first name) or maybe my paternal uncle bears a different name because he changed his name (e.g got born again and changed name from Falana to Jesulana, or Fayose to Jesuyose). My point is, a paternal uncle can be using a different last name, so what can be done in such a situation.

cheers,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 6:31pm On Aug 11, 2008
IncaGold:

@vikiviko and vvvjustice,
out of curiousity what if the poster's uncle bears a different last name (like in my immediate family we bear our dad's first name) or maybe my paternal uncle bears a different name because he changed his name (e.g got born again and changed name from Falana to Jesulana, or Fayose to Jesuyose). My point is, a paternal uncle can be using a different last name, so what can be done in such a situation.

cheers,
   Very good question. . .
   Remember, we're in the 21th century: Gone are the days when many things are being ignored or pardoned for lack of documentation; Now, everything (especially in developed world) needs not just paper-work, but computer works.
   So, if there is any change of name(s), then, there should be documention to indicate so. Any authentic document that declares Change-Of-Name(s) should also show the previous or original name(s), anything order than this is not acceptable.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OY2: 7:01pm On Aug 11, 2008
[size=8pt]vvvjustice its like u are a visa guru ,

i need to ask a question. my uncle is sponsoring me for my studies in uk . what convising reson can u tell me for him sponsoring me . pls help me cos i need this as soon as possible . thats
[/size]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mickeyp: 7:11pm On Aug 11, 2008
Hi everyone.

I have a question about the Working Holiday Maker Visa.

I hold British and Nigerian passports and live and work in London. My girlfriend holds a Nigerian passport and is currently visiting me on a Tourist Visa. I would like her to go back to Nigeria and apply for the WHM.

My girlfriend gave up work in Nigeria in order to come and visit me for 3  months. However, we have now decided to get married sometime next year. We obviously want to spend more time together. To this end she is applyng for the WHM on the premise that she wants to spend a year with me in the UK before we get married in Nigeria. We intend to visit various tourist attractions together and I will be supporting her financially as well as accomodatng her. Obviously a tourist visa would suffice for her visit.  However, she also intends to visit some of her friends who are in different parts of the UK and it is on this premise that we are applying for the WHM. The idea is that in order to fund her travels around the UK she will work. This will take a bit of the financial burden off me.

In order to prove that she intends to return to Nigeria after the visa expires, my girlfriend's previous employer has written a letter confirming that they will remploy her upon her return to Nigeria. She will also mention our intended wedding in Nigeria next year as further proof of her planned return to Nigeria.

The questions I have are as follows:

1. Is her travelling around the UK a good enough reason to apply for a WHM, afterall I already said I would support her financially. When I say I will support her financially I mean I will fund her living expenses, not her travelling expenses. Will this argument hold water?

2.  Is it a good idea for her to mention the intended wedding? Afterall, if we tell them that I am based here in the UK, then obviously they will wonder whether I plan to relocate to Nigeria after marriage or whether she intends to relocate to the UK after marriage. If they suspect that she intends to relocate could this damage her application?

3. Will the BHC demand to see funds in her bank account eventhough I will be sponsoring her financially and eventhough she already has a job set up in the UK? The reason I ask is that since she is no longer working in Nigeria she has no funds in her bank account. I have a bank account in Nigeria and 1 here in the UK showing plenty of funds. Surely as I am the sponsor that will be enough for the BHC and they won't need her bank statements or am I wrong?

In addition, when she applies I intend to provide the following documentation. Can you please tell me if this will be enough for the BHC:

1. A covering letter from me confirming that I will sponsor my girlfriend and accomodate her during her stay in the UK.
2. A photocopy of my British passport
3. My Payslips for the last 3 months.
4. My UK Bank statement showing 20,000 GBP
5. My Nigerian Bank statement showing 200,000 naira
5. Ground plans of my house showing its size (in order to prove that there is enough space to accomodate 2 people when my girlfriend comes over).
6. An offer of employment from a UK company to my girlfriend offering her a part-time job.
7. A letter from my girlfriend's previous employer in Nigeria confirming that they will reemploy er upon her return to Nigeria after her visa expires.

Please advise me accordingly.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2008
Insert Quote
Grin Grin ;DHiii
My visa application was successful.applied on the 11th of july, and got a feedback on the 7th of august. Much love and tanks to God first, and 2 you guyzzz for all the info.
Just one advice for all those that want to apply, please try and pay the tution.I know it is not compulsory, but i can say that this will help a long way in arriving at a positive conclusion on your application. No document is too small to take along.
Tkia and God bless. Wink Wink

@ beejay

my dear, you are extremely lucky as yours took the normal 3 weeks mine was submitted since 26 june up till now i have not heard anything from them i went today still the same old story, this is my 4th time of checking at vac vic island

my people i am becoming apprehensive if my application actually got to the BHC or what could be the problem

i need your opinion house
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2008
mickeyp:

Hi everyone.

I have a question about the Working Holiday Maker Visa.

I hold British and Nigerian passports and live and work in London. My girlfriend holds a Nigerian passport and is currently visiting me on a Tourist Visa. I would like her to apply for the WHM.

The answer is NO.You cannot switch from Visitor visa to another immigration category except/only in the most compelling and compassionate circumstances.
Morealso,your GF did not honestly disclose her intention to the ECO as at the time of her application.Since there is no marriage/civil partnership on card at the moment,she have to make a new application from out side the Uk for her desired EC.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mickeyp: 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2008
Hi brownbono

Actually we did not intend for her to switch her Visa whilst in the UK. We intended for her to go back to Nigeria and apply for the WHM. Is this ok? What do you think the chances will be based upon the information I gave you in my first post?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 10:10pm On Aug 11, 2008
Aplying outside the Uk will be ok.But must be between 17-30 years of age and does not have dependent children any of whom are 5 years of age or over or who will reach 5 years of age before the applicant completes his working holiday(other requirements are already covered in your first post).
Wish you/her the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OY2: 10:47pm On Aug 11, 2008
i have posted his several times but no reply pls try to share ur views with me niaralanders.pls.

my question is :my uncle is my sponsor .what document can i bring to really show that he is my uncle .and what would the reson for him sponsoring me be.
i don't have any pictures of my uncle and i . please treat as urgent i really need your ideas, just send me a reply please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 11:52pm On Aug 11, 2008
O.Y:

[size=8pt]vvvjustice its like u are a visa guru ,

i need to ask a question. my uncle is sponsoring me for my studies in uk . what convising reson can u tell me for him sponsoring me . please help me because i need this as soon as possible . thats
[/size]

O.Y:

i have posted his several times but no reply please try to share your views with me niaralanders.please.

my question is :my uncle is my sponsor .what document can i bring to really show that he is my uncle .and what would the reson for him sponsoring me be.
i don't have any pictures of my uncle and i . please treat as urgent i really need your ideas, just send me a reply please
   You have only 2 posts, and you said you've posted your quarries several times? Yeah, i understand grin cheesy
   Well, your quarries aren't ignored, it's just that the questions have been repeatedly answered over and over, and over again;
   Take a look at posts #916, #922 and #925 to mention but a few.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beejay1(m): 9:36am On Aug 12, 2008
@ shawamma

Just be patient and keep praying. u will get the visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.