Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,867 members, 7,973,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 05:05 AM

The Dead Goes To Heaven Or Hell Compatible With Resurrection? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Dead Goes To Heaven Or Hell Compatible With Resurrection? (654 Views)

The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell / Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dead Goes To Heaven Or Hell Compatible With Resurrection? by maximunimpact(m): 10:00am On May 05, 2013
I have been wondering about the concept of resurrection and the beliv that when a righteous man dies, he goes to heaven immediately. From what I understand by resurrection, it is calling back to life that one who is dead. Death is the opposit of life. If my understanding is right then these questions need answers:

1. Is resurection returning people from heaven to earth?
2. Since the bible says there is going to be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous, those in hell are they resurected back to earth?
3. Are the dead actually dead since they are either in heaven or hell enjoying or suffering?
4. If the righteous dead are in heaven why do they need resurrection from heaven to earth?
5. Is the believe that once a righteous man dies he goes to heaven compatible with resurrection?

I can't quote scriptures here because am a muslim considering Christianity, can any1 support his answers with scriptures?
Re: The Dead Goes To Heaven Or Hell Compatible With Resurrection? by Nobody: 10:17am On May 05, 2013
There will NEVER be anything like Resurrection BUT Reincarnation. Resurrection is physically IMPOSSIBLE, mystically IRRELEVANT and logically Silly.

There is NO Hell; Cos Spirit bodies are incapable of Feelings of Pain, Cant be affected by fire and other physical solvents.

If you think that Resurrection is possible, then rationalize how a fisherman that died in the ocean, whose body was eaten by the whales and sharks and the organs scattered kilometers apart will resurrect. I guess the bits and pieces will fall back together and he wakes up again...LOL, plain silly thing to believe.
Re: The Dead Goes To Heaven Or Hell Compatible With Resurrection? by Nobody: 11:22am On May 05, 2013
Billyonaire: There will NEVER be anything like Resurrection BUT Reincarnation. Resurrection is physically IMPOSSIBLE, mystically IRRELEVANT and logically Silly.

There is NO Hell; Cos Spirit bodies are incapable of Feelings of Pain, Cant be affected by fire and other physical solvents.

If you think that Resurrection is possible, then rationalize how a fisherman that died in the ocean, whose body was eaten by the whales and sharks and the organs scattered kilometers apart will resurrect. I guess the bits and pieces will fall back together and he wakes up again...LOL, plain silly thing to believe.
U made ur assertions or assuptions clear and I like it cos it has a basis. Its basis is Science...its scientifically 80% correct but as u said its all abt physicality. Av always told myself in all my philosophical writtings and assumptions that there is something greater than science...someone spiritual...someone or something that knows how to handle our body and soul and knows what to do wit it. D proof is there.. Did science create u? U were created with science, but who or what is dat person that exploited science to make u. So, I would always say...someone is there,he knws what to do at our birth,death,and at life. Its my own theology though I av been unable to balance it philosophically cos av always maintained that theology on its own can't stand.
Secondly, to prove on this kinda issue, scientific approaches will never do. Try philosophy writings and theology or ur own philosophy aswell. So, for me u're wrong cos u made ur assertions based on science and physicality. What abt d spirit? Who takes care of it...where will it be going...who owns it? These are the things u need to theorise on to make a basical assumption that can be debated on.
So, I strongly bliv out of my philosophical and theological insights and from other words and theories from great men that someone, a supreme being is watching and knows what to do wit us at any time.
D supreme being is who we dnt knw. But he exists. It depends on who u take it to be concerning ur own beliefs and doctrines guiding you. As a christian and also as a Catholic... I strongly bliv its God d father according to the bible. So, in ur own belief u choose what or whom u call ur supreme being who has d right over ur body and ur spirit when u die.

1 Like

Re: The Dead Goes To Heaven Or Hell Compatible With Resurrection? by Nobody: 11:32am On May 05, 2013
Billyonaire: There will NEVER be anything like Resurrection BUT Reincarnation. Resurrection is physically IMPOSSIBLE, mystically IRRELEVANT and logically Silly.

VERY STRONG POINTS MADE, ALBEIT FROM A CARNAL POINT OF VIEW, BUT ALMOST ACCURATE NONETHELESS.
Re: The Dead Goes To Heaven Or Hell Compatible With Resurrection? by Nobody: 11:56am On May 05, 2013
HEAVEN AND HELL IS ON EARTH. THE DEAD GO AND REST IN THE SPIRIT WORLD ( ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 7 ). HUMANS DO NOT RESSURECT BUT WE REINCARNATE. HOWEVER THE HUMAN SPIRIT CAN DIE ( SHUTDOWN ) AND RESSURECT. WHEN YOU HEAR OF RESSURECTION, ITS ONLY TALKING ABOUT THE SPIRIT NOT THE BODY.AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, YOU ARE MAKING A GREAT CHOICE BY CONSIDERING 'CHRISTIANITY'
Re: The Dead Goes To Heaven Or Hell Compatible With Resurrection? by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 05, 2013
obadiah777: HEAVEN AND HELL IS ON EARTH. THE DEAD GO AND REST IN THE SPIRIT WORLD ( ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 7 ). HUMANS DO NOT RESSURECT BUT WE REINCARNATE. HOWEVER THE HUMAN SPIRIT CAN DIE ( SHUTDOWN ) AND RESSURECT. WHEN YOU HEAR OF RESSURECTION, ITS ONLY TALKING ABOUT THE SPIRIT NOT THE BODY.AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, YOU ARE MAKING A GREAT CHOICE BY CONSIDERING 'CHRISTIANITY'
very good. D book of apocalypse for me is d best books of d bible. It has d real things abt life and God

1 Like

Re: The Dead Goes To Heaven Or Hell Compatible With Resurrection? by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 05, 2013
@Op
all the dead are simply dead and not existing anywhere. Going to hell or heaven after death is one of the many lies of satan to decieve mankind. The resurrection of both righteous and unrighteous people is for the purpose of judgement which will take place here on earth after the great tribulation. When humans die, they become dust and nothing more - no soul survival.

(1) (Reply)

4 Dead, 13 Injured At T.B. Joshua’s Church In Accra / Quit Worrying / Happy Fathers Day To All Papa's Out There

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.