Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,715 members, 7,918,204 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 04:13 AM

How To Survive A Breakup And Not Turn Out A Psycho - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Survive A Breakup And Not Turn Out A Psycho (918 Views)

That Moment After Breakup And Folks Tell You...... / The Worst Action Your Partner Took After A Breakup? / 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Survive A Breakup And Not Turn Out A Psycho by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 07, 2013
Moving on can really be tough, especially when you are the 'dumpee'. I ran into this piece somewhere on the web and I feel it will be worthwhile to share it with my fellow Nairalanders going through a break up.
Enjoy!

Grieve Properly
Whether you’re the dumper or the dumpee, grieving is a part of the process. There are a whole bunch of “rules” floating around that try to dictate how long it’s to be sad, but I’ve grieved over television series longer than
some relationships. One tradition that shouldn’t be overlooked however, is icecream. For serious
hurt, a pint per year spent with someone is acceptable. If the whole shebang was over in a hot minute, keep it to a cone or two. And I give you full permission to listen to Adele on repeat. Just try your best not to break down when “Someone Like You” plays in a public place, although there will likely be several other people sobbing too.

>Bonus Tips
-Try to remain active (exercise = endorphins)
-Avoid contact with the ex, their family and their
friends
-Hide all their traces away in a box

Learn to Forgive
Once you’ve had enough whining to your friends and the ice cream has made you worry about whether you’ll be able to land someone new with a few extra pounds on, it’s time to cut the blame game and open yourself up to forgiveness. First and foremost, let go of anything you’ve done that feels like a mistake. Remember that everything has brought you to this point, good, bad or
indifferent. Being thankful for what you had, what you have and what you will have again can put things in to perspective. Hatred, grudges and tweeting passive aggressive song lyrics only hurt yourself. As for forgiving whoever has laid this hurt down on you, use you discretion. Just remember that unless you’re hating them to their face, that anger is really only polluting you.

>Bonus Tips
-Start a gratitude journal (write down things
you’re happy to have)
-When you have to think about your ex, think
positive thoughts
-Focus the love you feel on others

Fall In Love With Someone New – Yourself
This hardly ever means drinking to the point of blackout, hanging out with questionable people or making rash new hair style decisions. Remember all those things you loved to do with your ex? Well, Breaking Bad, candlelit dinners and fighting over bills still exist in your new life. Now you just have the time and money to spoil yourself a little more often, and without abandon. Travel or take up a new hobby just because you can. Reflection, meditation and those photos with motivational quotes on them can be really useful for some and still painfully annoying to others. Basically, test the waters. You can reinvent yourself a little, a lot or stay the course. As long as you’re finding ways to keep smiling, you’re doing good, kid.

>Bonus Tips
-Remind yourself why you’re a catch
-Say “yes” to things you wouldn’t normally, more
often
-Trust the universe every now and then

When binge eating, romance movies and wild nights out are tampering with your normalcy
more than the break up ever did, it’s time to reevaluate and head down a new path. This is the part where you give yourself a big hug, remember that everything will be okay, and get back to being your bitchin’ self.

www.bitchinlifestyle.tv/how-to-survive-a-break-up-and-not-turn-out-a-psycho/
Re: How To Survive A Breakup And Not Turn Out A Psycho by Gialmine(f): 2:33pm On May 07, 2013
Nice one! Though I have never fall a victim but methink this piece would ß a very useful remedy.
Re: How To Survive A Breakup And Not Turn Out A Psycho by 190: 2:49pm On May 07, 2013
Another list
Re: How To Survive A Breakup And Not Turn Out A Psycho by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 07, 2013
190: Another list
:|
Re: How To Survive A Breakup And Not Turn Out A Psycho by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 07, 2013
Seriously another list, just give me a gaming console,alcohol and surplus clients for work. Who got time to be mopping where there are activities to be done. life is short. also the list is Gay
Re: How To Survive A Breakup And Not Turn Out A Psycho by 190: 9:45pm On May 07, 2013
kofsy:
:|

undecided undecided
Re: How To Survive A Breakup And Not Turn Out A Psycho by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 08, 2013
It seems you are in love with me X_X
Re: How To Survive A Breakup And Not Turn Out A Psycho by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 22, 2013
wink

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help / Dating My Best Friend - Is It A Good Idea / Why Not Masturbate Instead Of Raping.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.