Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,123 members, 7,949,871 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 09:17 PM

Reality Check=> How Practical Are The Teachings Of Jesus The Christ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reality Check=> How Practical Are The Teachings Of Jesus The Christ? (2546 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / The Christ Embassy Policy That's Tearing Families Apart / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reality Check=> How Practical Are The Teachings Of Jesus The Christ? by 4cassavasticks: 7:28pm On May 12, 2013
NL member:

Maybe he's satanist
na wa o. I am not a satanist. keep looking for a box to put me in. Idiot
Re: Reality Check=> How Practical Are The Teachings Of Jesus The Christ? by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 12, 2013
4cassava sticks:
na wa o. I am not a satanist. keep looking for a box to put me in. Idiot
hmmm.....
Re: Reality Check=> How Practical Are The Teachings Of Jesus The Christ? by ManhunterTM(m): 8:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
Even Jesus couldn't follow his own teachings and you expect his weak followers to do what their master couldn't do.
Re: Reality Check=> How Practical Are The Teachings Of Jesus The Christ? by blueyedgeek(m): 10:50pm On Mar 08, 2015
In the spirit of bumping old threads.

{{var bump="true";}}
Re: Reality Check=> How Practical Are The Teachings Of Jesus The Christ? by Gidi7Samson: 12:34am On Oct 24, 2021
Danyell:
* After Jesus gave the beatitudes, he ended it with How many Christians in today's world do you see rejoicing when they are persecuted? Instead they complain and ask if theirs is the only religion. Infact, you dare not insult a Christian if you still like the current location of your big head.
danyell I feel you.. I am chosen
Re: Reality Check=> How Practical Are The Teachings Of Jesus The Christ? by MyExpression(m): 1:11am On Oct 24, 2021
It's simply because they have not given themselves WHOLY to the Word.

Let your conscience judge you that have doubts....have you truly surrendered ALL and God didn't take over?

That thing you are still struggling to lay down, is the reason Christ hasn't taken over.
Re: Reality Check=> How Practical Are The Teachings Of Jesus The Christ? by Kobojunkie: 2:15am On Oct 24, 2021
Danyell:
1.Sometimes I ask myself, why can't Christians just live by the teachings of their Lord and personal saviour?
2. Is it because his teachings are impractical and can't be applied in today's world or is it something else? Let's quickly analyse some of Jesus' teachings shall we?
1. Majorly because the understanding they have of Jesus Christ and His teachings comes from that fed them by men who have themselves failed, for one reason or another, to live up to Jesus Christ's standard. The standard itself isn't what is hard, it is having to die to/Deny self in order to attain it that poses the biggest problem for the majority out there. undecided

2. Jesus Christ's teachings are instead very practice and more commonsense than most of the moral standards out there, including those adhered to by those of Old. undecided
Re: Reality Check=> How Practical Are The Teachings Of Jesus The Christ? by Kobojunkie: 2:18am On Oct 24, 2021
Danyell:
* After Jesus gave the beatitudes, he ended it with How many Christians in today's world do you see rejoicing when they are persecuted? Instead they complain and ask if theirs is the only religion. Infact, you dare not insult a Christian if you still like the current location of your big head.
And the problem here again is that what you see are Christians assume they can carry ego together with Christ instead of first dying to their ego(self) in order that they can in fact become worthy of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Reality Check=> How Practical Are The Teachings Of Jesus The Christ? by Ayo081(m): 8:35am On Oct 24, 2021
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Scared Of Being A Born Again,please Help / Book Of Eartum: From The Doctufos / The Graveyard Of Dead Gods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.