Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,879 members, 7,945,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 07:41 AM

Relative Laws - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relative Laws (835 Views)

Photo: The Day An Emir Will Abduct Any Of My Female Relative Up North. / Atiku Abubakar’s American In-laws Arrive Nigeria For Wedding In Yola. See Photos / Best And Worst States In Nigeria In Terms Of Relative Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relative Laws by redsun(m): 2:48pm On Apr 18, 2008
In britain imprisoned junkies are compensated for going cold turkey in prison,getting of drugs

Thousands of pounds were paid recently to junkies in prison for being deprive of drugs while in prison,what a world they live in.It is a landmark case and compensation culture in its madness.

Not an apology from britain to the black race for their crime against humanity in their participation in slavery have been agreed upon,tony blaire refuse to apologize till this day,talk less of reparation,and yet destitutes are compensated for saving their lives.

I wonder why we still practice english influenced and constituted laws in nigeria,those laws were made to suit the whiteman's manipulations of africans.We got to change the laws to suit our culture,enviroment and mentality.

You see lawyers wearing heavy gowns and wigs in burning heat,sweating,replicas of oyinbo,whiteman will just be laughing,look at this fools,they are still follwing,oyinbo man release you,you no wan release yourself,colo mentality,according to legendary Fela,i mean they should dress in fine white african simple regalias of fine linens and brocades.
Re: Relative Laws by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 18, 2008
What we are more interested in is justice at any time and not the dress code.

Are you going to advocaate the ban on shoes, shirts, cars, electronics, computers, houses and house appliances etc, cos last time i check, all na still oyibo thing.

Why not insist on animal skin and grass clothing? Those are what we know from records to be African form of dressing.
Fine linens and brocades was never originally an African thing.
Re: Relative Laws by redsun(m): 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2008
I am talking about suitability,originality and modification.A change from foreign and alien confused followership to more of self inclined practices.

Won't you want to be yourself for once?change history.Africa seems to have nothing to its name because nobody seems to make,how can you make brocade if you don't know what your name stands for?words are powerful,language,behind every word is a mountain.
Re: Relative Laws by bawomolo(m): 4:20pm On Apr 18, 2008
i agree the wigs should go. they just look absurd.
Re: Relative Laws by naijaway(m): 11:13pm On Apr 18, 2008
for real those wigs should disappear and their dressing. Why can't we have a signature way we identify our lawyers and judges. This is the type stuff where someone copies from ur book and also copies ur name join in a test.
Re: Relative Laws by redsun(m): 3:49am On Apr 19, 2008
Looking like englishmen in the house lords,with ceremonial gowns,wigs,staff of office and their stiffness,whiteman's traditions,robots.Just like the ancient roman senators in their turbans and sandals discussing the faith of modern man.

We can as well have something to call our own.
Re: Relative Laws by redsun(m): 4:11am On Apr 19, 2008
Laws should be made based on progressive culture,vision,history,philosophy,science,geology,astronomy,sociology and truth,all this things got to be understood for it to make sense.

How much do we really know about this subjects?
Re: Relative Laws by finicky(m): 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2008
In Steven Spielberg's La Amistad, there was this scene where some nobles were having a dinner and had slaves or servants attending to them, the intriguing fact about this is that la Amistad was set in the slave era it, depicted some servants dressed in the wig and gown, this has got me thinking a lot about lawyers and this our noble attire, if we really delve into the origins of what we are so proud to put on today, we definitely understand the need for us to wake up from our neocolonist slumber, i mean this ceremonial gowns as the movie depicted where once worn by servants or slaves while attending to and serving their masters, I'm not corporate against dressing, but, i mean, this bogus things our lawyers dorn in court definitely needs rethinking our weather doesn't even support it.

i could remember i was present at a cross examination in once, where a SAN was cross examining a lady actually with the way the dialogue was going she was already corned but the irony for me on that day was that it was the San that was sweating profusely in the court - just because aside the fact that the court room was fixed the weather was so hot, cooling system was of no help, and the San's regalia didn't help matters.
Re: Relative Laws by texazzpete(m): 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2008
I'm pretty sure none of you lot here are lawyers. If the lawyers aren't complaining, then what's your stress?

finicky:

In Steven Spielberg's La Amistad, there was this scene where some nobles were having a dinner and had slaves or servants attending to them, the intriguing fact about this is that la Amistad was set in the slave era it, depicted some servants dressed in the wig and gown, this has got me thinking a lot about lawyers and this our noble attire, if we really delve into the origins of what we are so proud to put on today, we definitely understand the need for us to wake up from our neocolonist slumber, i mean this ceremonial gowns as the movie depicted where once worn by servants or slaves while attending to and serving their masters,

Brilliant! In that same movie the Slaves were eating with forks, knives and other cutlery. Now you know these are mere tools of slavery, kindly start the movement by refusing to eat with forks. Also shun other slavery related items like dinner tables, etc.

@redsun
Laws made from geology? astronomy? grin
Re: Relative Laws by texazzpete(m): 4:41pm On Apr 22, 2008
FYI, racism will never die so long as people continue to demand for reparation for transatlantic slavery. Who's the money going to be paid to? African Americans? The descendants of their traumatized african parents?

Redsun, while you're at it, kindly spearhead the fight for reparation for Arab slavery, which is still on going even as we speak.

Guess the West makes a more attractive target for your sermons, eh?
Re: Relative Laws by almondjoy(f): 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2008
Colonial mentality!

(1) (Reply)

Free Bus Rides For Lagosians On Christmas, New Year Eve / Flu Is Not The Biggest Danger : it's the vaccine / Nigerians On Death Row Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.