Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,397 members, 7,901,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:58 PM

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland (22215 Views)

Concerning Our Catastrophic Loss Of Your Valuable Data / Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? / Golden Rules Of Life To Be Considered In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Go Down)

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 9:18am On May 09, 2013
Seun: Many Muslims don't like rule 17.
Then why are you still keeping it?

And why do I have to see the rules any time I comment? Seun you dey fall hands o.

Did mukina threaten you?

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:19am On May 09, 2013
It's no longer a secret that Seun's head is under a fatwa , Christians should think about a way to protect Seun and maybe his family so that he won't b afraid and will remove the biased rule(17).

In all honesty, how many among u would react differently if they had a fatwa on their head?

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Psylas(m): 9:19am On May 09, 2013
Cybertooth: Seun don't use your hand to spoil your website. You and your MODERATORS has banned me and I've regained my freedom on NAIRALAND. Your RULE 17 can't hold me. I'm waiting for a NEW TOPIC that requires me to talk about ISLAM.
if you dare say ''Jesus is Lord'' you'll be banned!

In islam it's blaphemy

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by babseg(m): 9:19am On May 09, 2013
I'm looking for my post oo.

If found Please let me know

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by ehinmero(f): 9:19am On May 09, 2013
@ Seun nd other fellow moderators u people ar becoming one sided coin, u bais religiously what happen to the same rule covering christianity as a religion? Get somefin to do about dat
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by IYANGBALI: 9:20am On May 09, 2013
Yeanks: I dnt even know who Seun tinks he is deceiving wit his 'I and My Moderators' crap...moderator kor, generator ni..
the guy dey feel big say people dey rush nl,him eye go soon clear,where is hi5 today?facebook would be a thing of the past,nothing last forever
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:20am On May 09, 2013
How can u use Christianity and other religion except islam to test run freedom of speech..so chriatains are now ur intellectual property guinea pig....haba what a f...ukinc insult....ooooo I feel like...eja.culating on ur servers
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by callydon(m): 9:20am On May 09, 2013
Screwface: Seun, I DARE you to create a Deactivation of account option.
mr. seun if u RÊÃllý want to knw how much people still want to be in nairaland, I DARE U CREAT A DEACTIVATE BUTTON, in dis forum n see hw many people will still be here.
LIKE if u want a DEACTIVATE button.

14 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:20am On May 09, 2013
Orikinla: ALL THE RULES ARE OKAY TO ME.
TOO MANY SMALL BOYS AND SMALL GIRLS ON NAIRALAND LACK COMPANY MANNERS AND DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT THEIR UNCLES AND AUNTS IN THE HOUSE DESERVE RESPECT. UNCLES LIKE THE ROMANTIC AND SEXY ORIKINLA WANTS THE RULES TO STAY.

THE SMALL BOYS MUST LEARN HOW TO GROW UP AND AS WE KNOW EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER, SO IF THE SMALL GIRLS LIKE UNCLE ORIKINLA TO GIVE THEM PRACTICAL LESSONS WHEREVER THEY WANT ONLINE OR OFFLINE, THE SMALL BOYS SHOULD MIND THEIR BUSINESS AND STOP THEIR BAD BELLE AND JEALOUS TANTRUMS. AND KNOW THAT ALL PRICKS DON'T HAVE THE SAME SIZE. THE BIGGER THE LONGER THE BETTER FOR THE SMALL GIRLS TO BECOME WOMEN.grin
what has your comment got to do with the situation at hand?

I don't give a fucck about rule 17. after all i don't visit Islam section. wetin i wan go find for there?
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by olu4life(m): 9:20am On May 09, 2013
Been keeping mute on this issue since the onset but i really have to say this. Seun ur respect just went down the drain. U might think its a small matter but u dont know what u jus did. Wait till weekend,then u will understand what i'm saying. By the way,if dem born u well seun,create deactivate button. We all know the implications of that,cos ur 1million users wil drastically reduce to 200,000 users or less. Wish i could seriously deactivate. Totally rubbish
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:20am On May 09, 2013
I.Joan:

If he is like that! undecided Let the FALL begin!!! smiley
I THINK I HAVE A BIBLE VERSE FOR THAT >>> 2 THESSALONIANS 2 VS 3 for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, grin
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by ezeuba(m): 9:21am On May 09, 2013
Seun:
Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.
My dear Seun,
This is like saying "In order not to endanger more lives at the hand of fundamentalists, the Federal Government has decided to hand over the reins of government to 'you know who'". How do you judge what is offensive to one religion while ignoring what may also be offensive to other religions? If this forum has capitulated to the fear of fundamentalism, let us know so we can decide for ourselves whether we still want to be a part of it. In all fairness, barring of all religious discussions or any references to any religion would have been more understandable than a lopsided approach, just to pacify some fundamentalists.
This is my take on the controversial Rule 17.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:21am On May 09, 2013
Is Seun a boko-haram sponsor? cos dis rule 17 ehh...
2ndly, i tink all dese rules is a way of wiping some members away 4rm nairaland, is like d members ar 2 much.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by slimyem: 9:21am On May 09, 2013
Screwface: Seun, I DARE you to create a Deactivation of account option.
yeah! I double dare him too but I know say him nor fit cheesy
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by kaboninc(m): 9:21am On May 09, 2013
Am really getting some business tips as it applies to today's world. Mr Seun, have you come to think of how the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft, RIM, Apple, Sony and Samsung come to be what they are? I tell you if you do.....you'll be like them.

In as much as you have over a million sign-ons, you still do not have a tenth of theirs and honestly you never see behaviours. Theirs are more rational, aggressive, demanding coupled with the growth rate. Luckily the monopoly thing is in your favour.

Lastly, that rule 21 get as e be. I suggest it is modified. You own a site that targets a Nigerian society both near and far so why would or should there be a rule that affects the Nigerian lifestyle? Even Wole dey nack am too.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by muaa(f): 9:23am On May 09, 2013
gothrones:

Take that 'sorry' and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Coward. I do not understand why everyone is so afraid of those Muslims.

Because the only language they understand is BLOODSHED but seriously rule no. 17 is so infuriating. SMH for Seun and his team of moderators. I use to think is only GEJ that's clueless
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by sauceEEP(m): 9:23am On May 09, 2013
SEUN,YOU MUST BE THE BIGGEST FOOL OF THE CENTURY. DID I HEAR YOU SAY THAT EXTENDING THE RESTRICTION TO OTHER RELIGION WILL AMOUNT TO INFRINGEMENT ON THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH OF NAIRALANDERS? INFACT MAY YOU WALK AND JAM ASO ROCK!!!

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by GentleFrank(m): 9:23am On May 09, 2013
=> Do not miss out peepz !!! Get our daily thrilling jokes of AKPOS, LITTLE JOHNNY, EKAITE, ABEL & OCHUKO by liking our fast-growing entertainment fanpage today @ www.facebook.com/BuzzyNaija !!!
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Jankoller(m): 9:24am On May 09, 2013
Seun, i'm highly disappointed in you. No wonder Nigeria is not making any meaningful progress. Remove rule 17 or add a law that prohibit offensive statement against christians. Mscheeeew.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by davies123: 9:24am On May 09, 2013
Seun:

I am very sorry about this.
More than 70% of your members are Christians or at least with a christian background.You may lose tens of thousands of your members by not doing the right thing and amending rule 17 and you also at risk branding Nairaland with a reputation of having a Jihad agenda or at least a tone of religious intolerance .What ever the case I advice you to take a closer look and see what you can do about it.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:24am On May 09, 2013
Freiburger whatever your head dey here?

Banning me till 2024 ...

No b my fault if a Cameroonian girl dumped u , u fugly monkey... Piece of Shit

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:24am On May 09, 2013
SEUN please can you kindly introduce the deactivate account button. Thanks.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:26am On May 09, 2013
WE DO NOT NEED OFFENSIVE LAWS AGAINST CHRISTIANS REMOVED. PLEASE LET IT STAY. HOW ELSE WILL THIS PROPHESY BE FULFILLED ? LUKE 21 VS 17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by nairacountry(m): 9:26am On May 09, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: How can u use Christianity and other religion except islam to test run freedom of speech..so chriatains are now ur intellectual property guinea pig....haba what a f...ukinc insult....ooooo I feel like...eja.culating on ur servers

@Seun Osewa, Pls I sincerely need a simple answer to dis straight question (sitting properly & looking straight into his phone screen)

Seun, ARE YOU A MEMBER OF ILLUMINATI?

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Bidgogo: 9:26am On May 09, 2013

Seun! Don't mind them. Simply change the rule to: "Don't make insulting comments about any religion". When anyone makes a comment against Islam, you delete it. But against Xtianity, you leave it. Simple. Abi?

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by skydeexie(m): 9:27am On May 09, 2013
[size=14pt]Thumps Up for Free Speech Indeed!!![/size]

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:27am On May 09, 2013
Psylas: if you dare say ''Jesus is Lord'' you'll be banned!

In islam it's blaphemy

Jesus is Lord. I dey wait.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19)

Okada Rider Electrocuted To Death In Otukpo, Benue State (PHOTOS) / All Elections In Nigeria Were Rigged Since 1960 - Jonathan / Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.